Menu

Old August 14th, 2018, 09:26 AM #81
> Ataruman
Heat/Trigger

Ataruman
Heat/Trigger

saintnova wrote: View Post

i just hope sentai something new again ,
Eh, the last two seasons had a huge space epic and two teams fighting each other as rivals. Those were both rather new to me.
Ataruman is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old August 14th, 2018, 10:34 AM #82
> QueenBee9
Power Ranger

QueenBee9
Power Ranger

I wouldn't mind this line up for a myth based Sentai:

Red (M) - Dragon
Green (F) - Kappa
Blue (M) - Oni
Yellow (F) - Shishi (Guardian Lions)
White (F) - Kitsune
Black (M) - Tengu
QueenBee9 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2018, 10:40 AM #83
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

Ataruman wrote: View Post

Eh, the last two seasons had a huge space epic and two teams fighting each other as rivals. Those were both rather new to me.
Pretty much. Sentai has done original for the past two seasons, we need a buffer. And just so that's not taken the wrong way- I loved Kyuranger and I am loving Lupato. But you do need to hit status quo every once in a while.

I expect next year to be animal based in some way, and collectible heavy.
Dukemon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2018, 10:42 AM #84
> QueenBee9
Power Ranger

QueenBee9
Power Ranger

Here's a throw out for a name based on the idea of a mythical Creature/vehicle hybrid Sentai.

Yokai Sentai Sharyoger

Phantom Squadron Sharyoger

Sharyo = Vehicle
Old August 14th, 2018, 10:45 AM #85
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

QueenBee9 wrote: View Post

Here's a throw out for a name based on the idea of a mythical Creature/vehicle hybrid Sentai.

Yokai Sentai Sharyoger

Phantom Squadron Sharyoger

Sharyo = Vehicle
I'll let this post slide, but this is starting to veer into fanfic-ing.

(And not to be picky- Sharyo is specifically a wheeled vehicle, and is most often referring to trains in popular culture. )
Old August 14th, 2018, 10:50 AM #86
> AdamPark62
Mastodonth,Zeo Ranger IV

AdamPark62
Mastodonth,Zeo Ranger IV

Ataruman wrote: View Post

I think he meant he want them to continue with the original themes/colors/ect...
AdamPark62 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2018, 10:52 AM #87
> ⚡Salted Pepper
Duck Mod

Salted Pepper
Duck Mod

Dukemon wrote: View Post

I expect next year to be animal based in some way, and collectible heavy.
We just had that last year, I know animals are popular but if they have to do them again so soon I hope we get mythological beasts or at least not so commonly used regular animals. Lions and tigers are so overused for example, they could use a horse for red, a boar if they have a bruiser on the team, a peacock as a bird zord or with its tail becoming a shield.
Salted Pepper is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2018, 10:59 AM #88
> QueenBee9
Power Ranger

QueenBee9
Power Ranger

Salted Pepper wrote: View Post

We just had that last year, I know animals are popular but if they have to do them again so soon I hope we get mythological beasts or at least not so commonly used regular animals. Lions and tigers are so overused for example, they could use a horse for red, a boar if they have a bruiser on the team, a peacock as a bird zord or with its tail becoming a shield.
Maybe a bird theme sentai similar to Jetman, but with more realistic birds as zords?

Dukemon wrote: View Post

I'll let this post slide, but this is starting to veer into fanfic-ing.

(And not to be picky- Sharyo is specifically a wheeled vehicle, and is most often referring to trains in popular culture. )
Sorry I didn't mean to!
Old August 14th, 2018, 10:59 AM #89
> Sevenlima
Power Ranger

Sevenlima
Power Ranger

I'd like to see a dragon-themed sentai.
Sevenlima is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2018, 11:03 AM #90
> Merlin
The Burning Flame Element

Merlin
The Burning Flame Element

Animals are a safe bet for any fantasy series. But I'd want the next group to have a characteristic that really makes their animals stand out from all other Sentai, like the Shinkenger Origami and the Zyuohger cubes. The typical robotic animals are classic but have gotten stale and I appreciate creative efforts at redesigning them.
Merlin is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2018, 11:21 AM #91
> ⚡Salted Pepper
Duck Mod

Salted Pepper
Duck Mod

Merlin wrote: View Post

Animals are a safe bet for any fantasy series. But I'd want the next group to have a characteristic that really makes their animals stand out from all other Sentai, like the Shinkenger Origami and the Zyuohger cubes. The typical robotic animals are classic but have gotten stale and I appreciate creative efforts at redesigning them.
They could do animals that transform into other animals, that would be a nice feature for the toys too. It would let them use animals and still have something new because unless I'm forgetting something we never had mecha shifting from one animal to another.
Salted Pepper is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2018, 11:24 AM #92
> TokuFanGirl14
Passing-through Fangirl

TokuFanGirl14
Passing-through Fangirl

Is it only me who's thinking of a fantasy theme based on royalties for the next Super Sentai series?
TokuFanGirl14 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2018, 12:30 PM #93
> Callum14
Such Misfortune!

Callum14
Such Misfortune!

A fantasy/RPG/mythical Sentai sounds like a wonderful idea and could have a lot going for it!

Maybe like in a RPG, the rangers gain EXP for every monster they defeat and when they reach a certain level. They gain new powers and stuff. New weapons and zords can be treasure the rangers find on their journey. Or maybe zords just roam free around the world and the rangers have to catch/tame them.

If this does turn out to be true, I kind of hope Red is a warrior/knight/wizard with a dragon mecha. Although I won't be shock if the 6th is a Dark Knight that has his own dragon mecha.

I'm sorry if all sounds way too much like a fanfic. Just the thought of this has me hyped!
Callum14 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2018, 12:43 PM #94
> Spider-Phoenix
XY&Z

Spider-Phoenix
XY&Z

Merlin wrote: View Post

Earth Rangers who defend Earth was the long running standard but seems more flexible these years. Yanking a team away from Earth completely would be a nice challenge. How could the writing preserve the importance of Earth to Super Sentai using only the team's memories and what few objects they had on them in a bizarre place where nobody knows them?
The idea sounds neat, but I guess the main problem might be budget. I mean, even Kyuranger had the team stuck on Earth on various episodes just so production didn't need to spend with alien scenarion and alien people costumes.
Spider-Phoenix is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2018, 01:12 PM #95
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

Spider-Phoenix wrote: View Post

The idea sounds neat, but I guess the main problem might be budget. I mean, even Kyuranger had the team stuck on Earth on various episodes just so production didn't need to spend with alien scenarion and alien people costumes.
True, though an Isekai season might be easier to pull off than alien worlds. It really just depends on how they do it. (It's the same concept, but with less extras dressed up as aliens. You can have the world look slightly more Earth-like.)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old August 14th, 2018, 01:45 PM #96
> TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

Good thing search engines exist. Everyone acting like "Isekai" is a common term...

Mythical beasts would interest me, so long as the mecha came out well. I was up for getting some animal mecha a few years ago, but while they look fun and I did consider them, the Cube Animals just weren't what I was hoping for.

Would also enjoy seeing some more individualised designs like Kyuranger had. Especially if they do go for the fantasy classes or something.

An Isekai plot could be cool, I guess. Not one for fantasy but it'd be different enough to what the past three series did.

But let's get a name to chew on.
TealMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2018, 01:53 PM #97
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

TealMystechRanger wrote: View Post

Good thing search engines exist. Everyone acting like "Isekai" is a common term...

Mythical beasts would interest me, so long as the mecha came out well. I was up for getting some animal mecha a few years ago, but while they look fun and I did consider them, the Cube Animals just weren't what I was hoping for.

Would also enjoy seeing some more individualised designs like Kyuranger had. Especially if they do go for the fantasy classes or something.

An Isekai plot could be cool, I guess. Not one for fantasy but it'd be different enough to what the past three series did.

But let's get a name to chew on.
Sorry, it's just the anime term for it, and it's been so prevalent lately in anime selections, I forget not everyone is privy to said meanings lol.

As for the title, we can theoretically get it anytime between now and November. I check the trademarks daily. It takes 2-3 months for the title to be approved for trademark, so it really depends on a bunch of different factors how soon we get it. (Mostly when the title is decided upon at Toei, and how much resistance is met.)
Old August 14th, 2018, 01:56 PM #98
> maslego
Idea Ranger

maslego
Idea Ranger

So what are the chances they use the flying theme they pushed back in favor of LuPat?
maslego is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2018, 01:58 PM #99
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

maslego wrote: View Post

So what are the chances they use the flying theme they pushed back in favor of LuPat?

I mean, anything's possible, but I think they probably moved on from that for now.
I have a feeling elements of the flying theme made it into Lupato somewhat.

They have used unused designs in future series before. I remember there being an early Timeranger design that was essentially HurricaneLeon.
Old August 14th, 2018, 02:08 PM #100
> maslego
Idea Ranger

maslego
Idea Ranger

Do you think they have a folder of possible ideas for the next few years or do they come up with them year by year? If it's the former I would pay someone to find out what they are.
maslego is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
be healthy duke, dino force brave 2, dino knight, dinot again, dragon sentai... loljk, its about to get wild, kyoryuger 2