Home Menu

Menu

Old February 2nd, 2018, 03:00 AM #41
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

dark ranger 86 wrote: View Post

I have a theory that the people in the Power Rangers universe are very stupid and oblivious to things. Watch any PR season with a high school setting and pay attention to what they're learning. Very remedial stuff. Or too many monster explosions have racked their brains over the years.
I'll go with that theory. Man, I've reached 4444 posts.
AdrenalineRush is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2018, 09:07 AM #42
> SonicBlueRanger
Power Ranger

SonicBlueRanger
Power Ranger

big smile wrote: View Post

Samurai was interesting, as it was apparently written as a standalone universe, (with Bulk being a different Bulk), but then in Megaforce, they weaved it back in.
Well if you ignore every single reference to his previous appearances that are in Samurai then sure I guess.
SonicBlueRanger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2018, 11:06 AM #43
> big smile
Power Ranger

big smile
Power Ranger

SonicBlueRanger wrote: View Post

Well if you ignore every single reference to his previous appearances that are in Samurai then sure I guess.
It's been a long time since I watched Samurai, but I don't think it made any references to Bulk's fictional history, save for maybe him saying that he knew the Power Rangers.

There was one visual call back to "No Clowning Around" but that was just visual based - it didn't make any reference to any events. I think they might have been a few other visual references, but I don't remember them. Regardless, visual references aren't really proof of them being the same character.

Last edited by big smile; February 2nd, 2018 at 11:14 AM.
big smile is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2018, 11:56 AM #44
> rb123
Corinth Ranger

rb123
Corinth Ranger

zjranger wrote: View Post

Calvin being raised by werecar seems like an interesting plot. However, what if he's a descendant of the Van-pires?

Is there a vampire Yokai? That would be somehow crazy if they are able to incorporate a Calvin story with that.
Gasp! RPM stole their tagline! Sidenote, that looks like a terrible show. Even with all the cheap CGI we deal with on Power Rangers, at least it looks better than this by a mile.

Even with all the fart jokes, I thought the premiere episode of Super Ninja Steel was pretty good. What an absolute treat to have the whole Sledge crew make a cameo appearance! That's the kind of world-building I like to see, even if it brings up more questions than answers. It could have been worse though; imagine if Sledge's ship just kinda... showed up? No wormhole, just flew up with no explanation. That's the kind of thing that would have happened in Super Megaforce.
rb123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2018, 12:04 PM #45
> zjranger
#SavingTennis1BallAtATime

zjranger
#SavingTennis1BallAtATime

My fear about Sledge showing up is that this could just be a cameo. I mean, Peter Sudarso (a.k.a. Preston) did say that it was a surprise to the cast that Sledge was in the show. Makes me think Sledge wasn't part of the battles they have faced hence probably has no impact to even the anniversary story. That, or they are going to tuck in Sledge somehow during only when they are in-suit, or do it like Leo (from Lost Galaxy) when they did Forever Red.
zjranger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2018, 03:22 PM #46
> AdamN
Power Ranger

AdamN
Power Ranger

Do you expect any anniversary thing in tomorrow's episode? Maybe not characters cameo like Sledge and Co. last week, but maybe mention of any location name known of previous seasons?

I mean the crew said that 25th season will be full of surprises and we already got Sledge in episode 1, so maybe we will get some little anniversary things in next episodes before the big anniversary episode?
AdamN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2018, 03:28 PM #47
> GreenMystechRanger
JusticeForK

GreenMystechRanger
JusticeForK

I wouldn't count on it, but that would be really cool.
GreenMystechRanger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2018, 07:59 PM #48
> dark ranger 86
I'm The Real Gold Ranger!

dark ranger 86
I'm The Real Gold Ranger!

I thought I read that
rangers are making cameos in more than one episode.
dark ranger 86 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2018, 09:17 PM #49
> TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger

TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger

I'd only want that if they put some effort into the episodes. If they just do regular episodes with a cameo shoehorned in, then it's best they don't bother.
An episode like Casey's is perfect. That's proof that they're capable of doing this right
TyrannoRanger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2018, 09:55 PM #50
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

dark ranger 86 wrote: View Post

I thought I read that
rangers are making cameos in more than one episode.
Given the sheer amount of them that are allegedly turning up, I can't imagine how they'll cram them all into a single episode. It'd be 'Legendary Battle' all over again, and nobody wants that. I mean, they're doing all this to make up for Megaforce, aren't they?

So, personally, yeah, I'm expecting a couple of episodes with past Rangers dropping by for whatever reason. Or at the very least, a two or three parter so they can actually do justice to everybody showing up.
Peter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2018, 12:30 AM #51
> big smile
Power Ranger

big smile
Power Ranger

TyrannoRanger wrote: View Post

An episode like Casey's is perfect. That's proof that they're capable of doing this right
I wouldn't say Casey's is perfect. He didn't even get to morph. And then there was that nonsense ending of him disappearing like a ghost.

Casey's episode just wasn't as bad as it could have been.

Also, it was done by a different writing team (You can tell because there was no farts).
Old February 3rd, 2018, 01:09 AM #52
> TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger

TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger

I wouldn't say Casey's is perfect. He didn't even get to morph. And then there was that nonsense ending of him disappearing like a ghost.

Casey's episode just wasn't as bad as it could have been.

Also, it was done by a different writing team (You can tell because there was no farts).
He didn't need to morph. The episode wasn't about him

I'll concede the point about the ghost thing. That was unnecessary
TyrannoRanger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2018, 01:34 AM #53
> big smile
Power Ranger

big smile
Power Ranger

Yeah, I'm not a fan of past Rangers doddering around like old fogies only to depart advice. It's an action show, so they need to morph and fight. Otherwise why bring them back?

Always a Chance was a good example of a returning ranger. It wasn't about Adam, but he wasn't sidelined either and did something meaningful for Carlos.

However, a good 'return' episode should be more about fighting. I'd like to see what the Ranger is doing with their lives since leaving (something AaC didn't do well). After all, this like seeing an old friend, so you wanna catch up.
Old February 3rd, 2018, 01:51 AM #54
> GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

Eh, I'm not sure I agree with that completely. The role Casey had in that episode I think fit his character and the progression that he went through in the show. That was an episode I'm they didn't feel the need to have Casey morph. Now, in "Legendary Battle", that would have been nice to see.
GokaiGold is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2018, 01:58 AM #55
> big smile
Power Ranger

big smile
Power Ranger

I agree the way the episode was written it would have felt shoehorned in if Casey was morphed. But really they shouldn't have gone for that set up in the first place.

Morphing is a key part of the show. A good cameo episode should deliver both the morphing side and the character side.
Old February 3rd, 2018, 11:31 AM #56
> Morphinicius
It's SuperHero Time 2018

Morphinicius
It's SuperHero Time 2018

Morphinicius is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2018, 01:58 PM #57
> Poweranimals
Mastodon!

Poweranimals
Mastodon!

So I was on Google and I saw this. Seriously? I know MMPR is the most popular and all but this is some real incompetence.
Poweranimals is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2018, 02:02 PM #58
> Xenotome
💖✨Joongie✨💖

Xenotome
💖✨Joongie✨💖

Poweranimals wrote: View Post

So I was on Google and I saw this. Seriously? I know MMPR is the most popular and all but this is some real incompetence.
https://i.imgur.com/GwKKq6n.png
There was no person behind that, it's all an algorithm that spits out things like that.
Xenotome is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2018, 03:56 PM #59
> Morphinicius
It's SuperHero Time 2018

Morphinicius
It's SuperHero Time 2018

Hey everyone, I do not see both Ninja Steel being bad Like some people are saying on Twitter:

"I think Iím at the point where I donít want to review new episodes of Super Ninja Steel. The show is just bad. Itís not enjoyable to review them." @trekkieb47
"It's not that there is nothing to say, it's just not PLEASANT. When you're a fan and a reviewer you WANT to praise the show. I LOVE reviewing #Hyperforce most weeks because of how good it is. Ninja Steel is frustrating and sad." @OrangeRangerVid
Also, I agree with someone on Twitter:

"Even as someone who wants to be a reviewer and is trying to think with a more critical mindset...I really can't see what's so bad about Ninja Steel. It's not the best season but it's hardly the worst. Yet everyone acts like it's torture to watch it. I don't get it." @SonicBlueRanger

as well as

"The irony of how I defend Ninja Steel and now Super Ninja Steel is its not even high on my list of Power Rangers seasons. It's just super average and I don't really get the hate. It's just strange to me." @SonicBlueRanger
I can't imagine saying Ninja Steel is bad cause Ninja Steel is way better than Super Megaforce that was forced to be rushed and it was really bad, worse than both Ninja Steel. I know Ninja Steel is not being very well as both Dino Charge but Stop crying for Ninja Steel.

NOTE: That's my opinion, my thoughts.
Morphinicius is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2018, 03:58 PM #60
> GreenMystechRanger
JusticeForK

GreenMystechRanger
JusticeForK

Morphinicius wrote: View Post

I know Ninja Steel is not being very well as both Dino Charge but Stop crying for Ninja Steel.
I really like Super Ninja Steel so far. It's good so far. But... people don't have to agree. You can disagree that it's bad, but telling people not to discuss their opinions is kind of ruining the point of posting about PR at all.
GreenMystechRanger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote