Home Menu

Menu

Old October 4th, 2018, 07:13 PM #901
> jg13145
Power Ranger

jg13145
Power Ranger

Hi! I joined not to long ago but haven't been active due to good old college
As much as I love most seasons, I'm in the minority of the fandom that loves Samurai (flaws and all). I've only done cons in San Antonio and my hometown here in Texas for 4 years. Been cosplaying for 4 years but I've only really been cosplaying Rangers for about 3 years. Of the Ranger actors I've met, some of the memorable highlights have got to be doing the morphs/a kick with Rangers.
jg13145 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2018, 07:36 PM #902
> hasbro_primo
Primo of Power

hasbro_primo
Primo of Power

jg13145 wrote: View Post

I've only done cons in San Antonio and my hometown here in Texas for 4 years. Been cosplaying for 4 years but I've only really been cosplaying Rangers for about 3 years.
Hey, every convention counts, and who doesn't love cosplay of all kinds?

Pleasure to have you, and hopefully school won't keep you away.
hasbro_primo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2018, 01:16 PM #903
> WhiteQuantumRanger
Power Ranger

WhiteQuantumRanger
Power Ranger

New here, but lurked for a while. Huge Time Force fan (seriously, look at the username!), but I also love most sentai, Kamen Rider (I'm like 8 seasons behind though), and also Ninja Storm onwards, with the exception of PROO, which I am not a fan of because I love Boukenger, and everything from Samurai onwards simply because of the fact that the "super" thing is way too overdone.
WhiteQuantumRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2018, 01:31 PM #904
> ϟDecade
FINAL KAMEN ATTACK FORM RIDE: OWNER

Decade
FINAL KAMEN ATTACK FORM RIDE: OWNER

WhiteQuantumRanger wrote: View Post

New here, but lurked for a while. Huge Time Force fan (seriously, look at the username!), but I also love most sentai, Kamen Rider (I'm like 8 seasons behind though), and also Ninja Storm onwards, with the exception of PROO, which I am not a fan of because I love Boukenger, and everything from Samurai onwards simply because of the fact that the "super" thing is way too overdone.
Welcome. I've sent you a PM.
Decade is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2018, 04:32 PM #905
> cognito29
Power Ranger

cognito29
Power Ranger

Another long-time lurker here, who joined to complain about a technical issue - you can credit me (and Decade, of course) with the return of visible highlighting on dark backgrounds. I'll probably return to lurking now (it's my natural inclination)but now that I have the power to speak up in threads, who knows when I might feel the temptation?

While I'm here - I'm from the UK, I've been a fan of PR since it first aired there, Sentai since Magi and Rider since Kabuto, as well as too many other things to list here. My favourite PR seasons are the neo-Sloan ones (NS & DT) - although I acknowledge that other seasons have done individual elements better.

I never really came back to PR fandom after the break and I've only vaguely followed the neo-Saban seasons, but the nature of this kind of show means that there's a new chance of enjoyability every year (or two). So even if I think recent seasons are rather weak (which I do for all of the above)I don't think I'll ever stop trying the next one. So even if I don't say much and take long breaks, as a fan I'm here for the long haul.
cognito29 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2018, 05:50 PM #906
> RedGameOn
Power Ranger

RedGameOn
Power Ranger

Player Red, Ready for Action!

I'm the Red Ranger of the Game-On Rangers, a Power Ranger team sourced by Digital-Plasmium, a plasma-like substance that allows us to morph without the use of the morphin' grid! Since our team transverses between our dimension and other dimensions that have been discovered through the creation of video games, a secondary source of energy needed to be created to assure our powers work regardless of where we are.

It's funny how I became the team leader of a squadron comprised of some of the world's best gamers, since I'm not a gamer myself -well, aside of some mobile games for fun, but everyone plays those-. Besides that, our squadron keeps the real world and the dimensions where video games take place in at harmony, as a means to prevent seemingly harmless video game monsters from causing mayhem in our dimension.

((Out of character, I have been a ranger fan since my mother introduced me to SPD when I was four. Since then, it has been one of my favorite franchises, and I've been following it since!))
RedGameOn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2018, 08:36 PM #907
> hasbro_primo
Primo of Power

hasbro_primo
Primo of Power

cognito29 wrote: View Post

I'll probably return to lurking now (it's my natural inclination)but now that I have the power to speak up in threads, who knows when I might feel the temptation?
Those who contribute to the board's proper functioning are rare, therefore I already want to hear more from you than most.

We're definitely becoming a bit of an echo chamber around here, that's never good for conversation. Stick around!

RedGameOn wrote: View Post

I have been a ranger fan since my mother introduced me to SPD when I was four. Since then, it has been one of my favorite franchises, and I've been following it since!
Good taste, S.P.D. rocks.
Old October 11th, 2018, 01:23 AM #908
> cognito29
Power Ranger

cognito29
Power Ranger

hasbro_primo wrote: View Post

Those who contribute to the board's proper functioning are rare, therefore I already want to hear more from you than most.

We're definitely becoming a bit of an echo chamber around here, that's never good for conversation. Stick around!

It's really just a matter of timing and opportunity - I'm more likely to be found in the middle of an old thread than the end of a current one, so while posts might form in my head they aren,t getting onto the board without time travel.

But we'll see- I,ll soon have the opportunity to watch Sentai and Rider on Sunday morning TV like they're meant to be and perhaps that will draw me to the active threads for those shows. '
cognito29 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2018, 01:48 AM #909
> cos.may
Power Ranger

cos.may
Power Ranger

Hi, new member here. I've been a silent watcher for a while and thought it would be fun to become a bit more active on here. The cos in my username is short for cosplay, I've been cosplaying for a couple of years and after meeting both Steve Cardenas and JDF at conventions here in the Netherlands I kind of dropped in a nostalgia craze. I'm currently building a team cosplay of 6 MMPR rangers so I'll try to post some progress pics on here for you all to enjoy.
cos.may is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2018, 01:49 AM #910
> ⚡Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

cognito29 wrote: View Post

Another long-time lurker here, who joined to complain about a technical issue - you can credit me (and Decade, of course) with the return of visible highlighting on dark backgrounds. I'll probably return to lurking now (it's my natural inclination)but now that I have the power to speak up in threads, who knows when I might feel the temptation?

While I'm here - I'm from the UK, I've been a fan of PR since it first aired there, Sentai since Magi and Rider since Kabuto, as well as too many other things to list here. My favourite PR seasons are the neo-Sloan ones (NS & DT) - although I acknowledge that other seasons have done individual elements better.

I never really came back to PR fandom after the break and I've only vaguely followed the neo-Saban seasons, but the nature of this kind of show means that there's a new chance of enjoyability every year (or two). So even if I think recent seasons are rather weak (which I do for all of the above)I don't think I'll ever stop trying the next one. So even if I don't say much and take long breaks, as a fan I'm here for the long haul.
Our army grows! Hope to see you jump into discussions sometime. Don't lurk too much.
Morgan Lamia is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2018, 10:18 AM #911
> Flex-TheBacklog
Power Ranger

Flex-TheBacklog
Power Ranger

Domo, Flex of The Backlog here. Part time lurker, full time Sentai/PR/Tokusatsu fan. Standout faves in terms of series for myself as Time Force, Gokaiger, Ryuki and OOO. Currently running a small YT Channel called The Backlog which I'm doing as a side project to pour my free time into while working. We've got a series called This Week in Tokusatsu that gives a brief run down on Toku information for the week regardless of how much or how little stuff comes out.
Flex-TheBacklog is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2018, 11:42 AM #912
> hasbro_primo
Primo of Power

hasbro_primo
Primo of Power

Flex-TheBacklog wrote: View Post

Domo, Flex of The Backlog here.
Welcome to our ranks.

We hope you shed your lurking ways, it makes conversations here much more interesting!
Old October 17th, 2018, 02:48 AM #913
> AbareOrange
Sentai Hero

AbareOrange
Sentai Hero

Hello everybody, nice to meet you!

I have been a Power Ranger fan since the first time MMPR aired in my country, back in 1994, and a Tokusatsu fan even before, thanks to the Godzilla VHS my grandpa owned.

I stopped watching Power Ranger after Wild Force, due to my cable being cut... but I saw the next 4 seasons occasionally with my little brothers.

It was during that time that I discovered Super Sentai, which I finally watched on 2016 starting with Zyuranger, catching up to Kyuranger in 2017. As you can imagine, it completely stole my heart, so one day I plan to watch all the original 15 series.

My favorite Super Sentai series is Abaranger (hence my username), while my favorite Power Ranger season is probably In Space or Lightspeed Rescue.

Again, nice to meet you all, I hope we can get along!

Last edited by AbareOrange; October 17th, 2018 at 02:54 AM.
AbareOrange is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2018, 12:22 PM #914
> hasbro_primo
Primo of Power

hasbro_primo
Primo of Power

Hello there!

AbareOrange wrote: View Post

I have been a Power Ranger fan since the first time MMPR aired in my country
What country is that?
Old October 19th, 2018, 05:46 AM #915
> AbareOrange
Sentai Hero

AbareOrange
Sentai Hero

hasbro_primo wrote: View Post

Hello there!

What country is that?
Chile, South America... so I first listened to it with the Latinamerican Spanish Dub.

For me it was not "It's Morphin Time!" but "¡Morfosis, amigos!" (Roughly: "Everyone, let's morph!").
AbareOrange is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2018, 10:42 AM #916
> hasbro_primo
Primo of Power

hasbro_primo
Primo of Power

AbareOrange wrote: View Post

"¡Morfosis, amigos!"
That actually sounds way cooler.
Old October 28th, 2018, 03:35 PM #917
> BearRanger
Power Ranger

eBay
BearRanger
Power Ranger

eBay

Hi ya'll.
Mostly I'm a big fan of the toys, especially the mechs. I have a big collection of both Power Ranger and Super Sentai toys.

My favorites are the origami and other toys from Samurai Sentai Shinkenger.
Right now I'm catching up on the LupinRanger vs PatRanger mechs.

I do have a youtube channel where I review the PR and Super Sentai ones I have, plus a mix of other toys. One of my latest videos is about Good Cool Kaiser VSX and a way to fix the falling feet. Well, not perfect but it works for me.

I also have a place on ebay with PR stuff, Dinosaurs, etc.

You can find inks to those in my Profile, if I did it right.
BearRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2018, 03:53 PM #918
> hasbro_primo
Primo of Power

hasbro_primo
Primo of Power

We didn't have a BearRanger?

I welcome you for that alone.
Old October 28th, 2018, 04:20 PM #919
> BearRanger
Power Ranger

eBay
BearRanger
Power Ranger

eBay

Thanks!
HAHA Looks like it. But I think I used to be a member a good while back with the same name. Accounts get purged if not used for long periods maybe? Still, good that the name was open. :0)
BearRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2018, 04:23 PM #920
> hasbro_primo
Primo of Power

hasbro_primo
Primo of Power

BearRanger wrote: View Post

Accounts get purged if not used for long periods maybe?
Nope, we've still got every last one on file.

You sure you're not thinking of Rangercrew? LOL