Menu

Old March 9th, 2015, 02:02 AM #61
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

You know, who I want in the TV-verse?

Captain Marvel (Shazam)

Thematically, he'd offer a great contrast to the first hero of this new live action universe: Arrow. Even more than the Flash. Only downside is Billy wouldn't be a kid but more like the current Johns version.

But that's neither here nor there since it's been stated the new show will be about characters who haven't appear in TV yet.

RickyTang wrote: View Post

Honestly, the female description made me think about Hawkgirl. Keep in mind, New 52 Earth 2 turned Kendra into a latina.

But I guess the site has given a more likely guess: Wildcat. Considering Ted has showed up on Arrow, it'd make sense Yolanda showing up here too.

Not ruling out a new version of Helena Kosmatos though. They kind of used Batman elements in Arrow (remember Green Arrow was created as a sort of "B atman-esque" hero) and with Fury having, historically, some ties to the Wonder Woman family, seems like a reasonable option. At least, the Wondy would be somehow represented since Amazon was shut down.

As for Static... I doubt. If I recall, Milestone seems to have broken ties with DC and it appears they are doing their own thing now.
Gee, for all you know, this character could be the Mal Duncan Guardian.
Spider-Phoenix is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 02:03 AM #62
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

B-kun wrote: View Post

That third one is either Diggle or these writers only know how to write one type of black man..
There's more than one type?!
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 04:29 AM #63
> MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

Didn't they say the three new characters have "never appeared on TV" before? So that kind of rules out the likes of Booster Gold, I'd think. Unless plans simply changed, or they're just screwing with us again.

And I'm still kind of holding out for Static joining the Titans.
MoonsKnight is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 05:25 AM #64
> Crazy Davey
I'm Batman

Crazy Davey
I'm Batman

MoonsKnight wrote: View Post

Didn't they say the three new characters have "never appeared on TV" before? So that kind of rules out the likes of Booster Gold, I'd think. Unless plans simply changed, or they're just screwing with us again.

Or they were unaware of the Smallville appearance.
Crazy Davey is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 05:46 AM #65
> Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!

Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!

Primo Haim Saban wrote: View Post

There's more than one type?!
Bad phrasing. But I mean, this basically sounds like if Diggle was on a superhero team. He's already the one in Arrow super hung up over superpowers existing.
Miraculous Bikkun is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 06:21 AM #66
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay

Didn't they say the three new characters have "never appeared on TV" before? So that kind of rules out the likes of Booster Gold,
Crazy Davey wrote: View Post

Or they were unaware of the Smallville appearance.
And by "never appeared on TV", are they only restricting that to live action, or are they also including animation? Since that would narrow the field significantly, if they take into account Justice League Unlimited and Batman: The Brave and the Bold.
GoldAnyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 08:04 AM #67
> PedroMcNamara
Power Ranger

PedroMcNamara
Power Ranger

My thing is Sara, if they are doing some sort of super team show and not an anthology, how does Caty come back as Sara and have it not undermine everything from Arrow for this season related to her death? I mean I would be OK with it having Laurel stop wearing a mask, but that's me.
PedroMcNamara is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 08:21 AM #68
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

Spider-Phoenix wrote: View Post

As for Static... I doubt. If I recall, Milestone seems to have broken ties with DC and it appears they are doing their own thing now.
Gee, for all you know, this character could be the Mal Duncan Guardian.
DC owns Milestone though, and DC has mixed Milestone stuff into their new 52 universe.

Plus DC loves Static because he makes them so much money but they just don't want to go to the trouble of keeping him on a regular ongoing apparently.

And I'm still kind of holding out for Static joining the Titans.
I'm inclined to believe that "never appeared on TV" means original characters altogether.

But if I had to guess, Traveler is Rip Hunter or just to shake things up, Waverider. Warrior is Manhunter, and Mystery Hero isn't actually a hero but Nix Uotan in human form Monitoring every new hero coming out that's why he's a regular.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 09:23 AM #69
> ShinySephiroth
The Power Ranger Archives

eBay
ShinySephiroth
The Power Ranger Archives

eBay

ShinySephiroth wrote: View Post

ZeoFan88 wrote: View Post

Yes, and to be honest people barely remember his appearance in smallville
Could use pre-Crisis Rip Hunter. That'd be super meta. Haha

I just achieved Wizard Mode. LOL
ShinySephiroth is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 03:21 PM #70
> Chiron723
Power Ranger

Chiron723
Power Ranger

Someone on Superhero Hype suggested that the female warrior is Fire. If that's the case, bravo to whoever wrote these for the subtle play on words. Also Traveler is obviously Rip Hunter.

Also I think this show would be best as an anthology show, that way they can use it as a gauge on which character would work best as their own TV show and can tell stories that don't interfere with Arrow or Flashs ongoing plots.
Chiron723 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 03:25 PM #71
> PedroMcNamara
Power Ranger

PedroMcNamara
Power Ranger

Chiron723 wrote: View Post

Also I think this show would be best as an anthology show, that way they can use it as a gauge on which character would work best as their own TV show and can tell stories that don't interfere with Arrow or Flash's ongoing plots.
That's what I want. Soooooooooo what I want.
PedroMcNamara is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 05:14 PM #72
> ZeoFan88
Power Ranger

ZeoFan88
Power Ranger

PedroMcNamara wrote: View Post

My thing is Sara, if they are doing some sort of super team show and not an anthology, how does Caty come back as Sara and have it not undermine everything from Arrow for this season related to her death? I mean I would be OK with it having Laurel stop wearing a mask, but that's me.
Unless she comes back somehow screwed up because of the pit. And she doesn't remember her past but iirc the lazarus pit doesn't have that ability
ZeoFan88 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 05:36 PM #73
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

ZeoFan88 wrote: View Post

Unless she comes back somehow screwed up because of the pit. And she doesn't remember her past but iirc the lazarus pit doesn't have that ability
Brainwashing can be done without the pit and the pit in the comics can bring dead back to life but with side effects. So it could very well be possible to bring her back using the pit and then brainwashed to forget her past but not her training.
christopherjohn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 05:41 PM #74
> ZeoFan88
Power Ranger

ZeoFan88
Power Ranger

christopherjohn wrote: View Post

Brainwashing can be done without the pit and the pit in the comics can bring dead back to life but with side effects. So it could very well be possible to bring her back using the pit and then brainwashed to forget her past but not her training.
That's what i thought but at the time i wrote it i couldn't exactly remember what it does. Thanks
ZeoFan88 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2015, 10:10 AM #75
> RickyTang
Power Ranger

RickyTang
Power Ranger

"Insider" info, have salt handy.

They're a lot of misunderstanding about this. Let's clear it up what I can.

Both actors who play Firestorm are going to be in the show, despite the hurried article by Deadline where everyone got this from.

Also, it's not Rip Hunter. It's Booster Gold on the show. Syfy has let the rights lapse and the CW grabbed him for themselves. Johns loves Booster. It's him.

Can't tell you the other two yet. It's a convention announcement thing. Probably SDCC. Sorry.

It will be the CW's "Agent Carter". The substitute show while their main hero shows are on hiatus. It will air both Tuesday and Wednesday nights for four weeks. A second run will air in the spring after Arrow and the Flash are finished for the season. 8 episodes in the winter over four weeks. 8 episodes in the spring over four weeks. 16 episodes in the season.

It's a team up show AND a team show. Like Brave and the Bold. It will feature a different teamup between heroes (and a villain) each week. They might include flashback episodes as well as flash forward episodes.

Plus...

The original comic book version of Brave and the Bold introduced the Justice League of America.

The winter season will be the teamups. The spring season will be the full on JL of A. They call themselves by that name. It will also feature Green Arrow, Flash and Black Canary on the show.

They have discussed shortened seasons of Arrow and Flash. 20 instead of 23 to keep Amell, Cassidy and Gustin from overwork. However, the overseas syndication for the Flash is such a monster that they are hesitant to create less than 23 episodes a year.

If successful, this will be their way of having both a TV JLA and a place to introduce new DC heroes each season.
RickyTang is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2015, 10:32 AM #76
> JacobYBM
Banned

JacobYBM
Banned

That sounds almost too perfect to be true. I hope it is, but will keep myself disconnected from this idea emotionally.

Still, Star Trek did twenty-six episodes a year. I think The Flash could pull off twenty-three episodes a year still depending upon how involved he is in the team-up series.
JacobYBM is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2015, 11:43 AM #77
> Crazy Davey
I'm Batman

Crazy Davey
I'm Batman

The more I read, the more excited for this I get! XD
Old March 11th, 2015, 11:51 AM #78
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

Where'd you get this from? Or is that part of the secret?

It's Booster Gold on the show. Syfy has let the rights lapse and the CW grabbed him for themselves. Johns loves Booster. It's him.
I don't think there's anyone who doesn't love him.

I wonder what that means for Jaime...

However, the overseas syndication for the Flash is such a monster that they are hesitant to create less than 23 episodes a year.
Wait, Flash? You would think Arrow would be the popular one since it's been on for so long.

Though, I can't blame them, since I prefer Flash as well.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2015, 12:15 PM #79
> Crazy Davey
I'm Batman

Crazy Davey
I'm Batman

Flash's ratings are higher and the series also gets a younger crowed following it compared to Arrow.
Old March 11th, 2015, 01:09 PM #80
> MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

I was totally with it until they started talking about the JLA stuff. That seems WAY too good to be true. I have trouble believing that part, which makes me immediately question the rest of it, which I'm already taking with a massive grain of salt anyway.

... So yeah, I'll just wait for something more official.
MoonsKnight is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote