Menu

Old February 26th, 2015, 07:28 PM #1
> ⚡McAster
I engage in motion

McAster
I engage in motion

CW's Legends of Tomorrow

First Trailer

DC Comics superheroes are uniting in a potential new drama series at the CW, from hits Arrow and The Flash that will feature several fan-favorite recurring actors/characters from both shows. I have learned that the network has teamed with Arrow creators Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and Marc Guggenheim for a project eyed for next season toplined by Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller and Caity Lotz.

The untitled project, now in development, is described as a superhero team-up show. Routh, Miller and Garber will reprise their popular DC Comics characters * Arrow‘s Ray Palmer/The Atom (Routh), Flash villain Leonard Snart/Captain Cold (Miller), and Flash‘s Dr. Martin Stein (Garber). Because her Arrow character Sara Lance was killed off, with her sister Laurel Lance (Katie Cassidy) taking over as the Black Canary, it is unclear whether Lotz will play the same or new superhero.

The project is in early stages of development, so there is a possibility for other Arrow/Flash characters to cross over to the new spinoff. Additionally, in a tidbit that should get fans fired up, I have learned the new project will include three major DC Comics characters who have never appeared in a TV series.

This is the project CW president Mark Pedowitz vaguely referenced at TCA in January. It will not be part of the current pilot cycle. With the creative auspices and talent involved, I hear that it could go straight to series, possibly for next midseason.
http://deadline.com/2015/02/arrow-fl...es-1201382466/

Last edited by Multiple Man; May 14th, 2015 at 04:34 PM.
McAster is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2015, 07:39 PM #2
> ⚡McAster
I engage in motion

McAster
I engage in motion

Picked at random, this thread will serve as the one to talk in.

The real question for this live action DC Comics Presents (the other team up, it wasn't just Brave and the Bold) is who those three major characters are that haven't appeared in live action before. Which they stated as just three characters, never specified if they were major or not nor was it "in television before" either.

So far my best guesses are Kyle Rayner, a Green Lantern and would stand out for this universe without getting in the way of what previous movies or shows have done. Yes, Guy Gardner was still used even if that was never picked up.

Depending on how they handle The Canary, Sara, setting it at different time periods might also be a thing. In which case a story set in the future with a Conner Hawke wouldn't be so hard to do.
Old February 26th, 2015, 08:02 PM #3
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Interesting. Not a bad idea to address the various heroes and villains cropping up in both shows that people want to see more of. If they treat it kind of like Agent Carter that'd be cool. Put it on for seven or eight episodes during the winter hiatus. Or maybe even like a short, thirteen episode run during the summer or something maybe would be cool.
Alitain is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2015, 08:02 PM #4
> PedroMcNamara
Power Ranger

PedroMcNamara
Power Ranger

Perfect spot to shed the extra Arrow bulk.
PedroMcNamara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2015, 08:07 PM #5
> ZeoFan88
Power Ranger

ZeoFan88
Power Ranger

PedroMcNamara wrote: View Post

Perfect spot to shed the extra Arrow bulk.
Agreed. I want arrow to get back to it's core which was oliver, dig and felicity. Hell i think it's works well with 4 with roy or sara before him. It's trying to juggle too much hence why wildcat been a complete waste or sin before that
ZeoFan88 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2015, 08:54 PM #6
> PedroMcNamara
Power Ranger

PedroMcNamara
Power Ranger

Gimme the Question or gtfo
Old February 26th, 2015, 09:03 PM #7
> ShinySephiroth
The Power Ranger Archives

eBay
ShinySephiroth
The Power Ranger Archives

eBay

Perhaps Sara with a Lazarus Pit type situation (I'm not caught up with Arrow, so if that idea is silly due to what's going on in the show then it's because I'm not aware of what they're doing with Ra's al Ghul right now. ).
ShinySephiroth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2015, 09:34 PM #8
> Chiron723
Power Ranger

Chiron723
Power Ranger

Ra's talked about a magician in the late 1800's. The pit exists.
Chiron723 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2015, 09:39 PM #9
> Champ
Lupin Red!

Champ
Lupin Red!

PedroMcNamara wrote: View Post

Gimme the Question or gtfo
THIS!! It would be awesome if they put him in the show
Champ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2015, 09:54 PM #10
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

I demand Congorilla.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2015, 10:25 PM #11
> ⚡McAster
I engage in motion

McAster
I engage in motion

Just remeber the JLU version of Vic Sage as The Question was a very different, and not shared by other versions, of the character. Use in this universe would be closer to his original film noire influenced detective style.

Titanium321 wrote: View Post

I demand Congorilla.
His human form has already had a movie. http://youtu.be/UTNG67-mGXo
Old February 26th, 2015, 10:29 PM #12
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

Then I demand Detective Chimp.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2015, 10:45 PM #13
> tavionjackson
Power Ranger

tavionjackson
Power Ranger

I'm really interested in this, DC is really hauling out shows
tavionjackson is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2015, 12:19 AM #14
> ⚡McAster
I engage in motion

McAster
I engage in motion

So Justice League members that could appear that have never seen live action versions before, aren't already going to see live action versions in upcoming movies for sure, and of course DC still has the rights to or not already tied up (e.g. Plastic Man).

Ralph Dibny as Elongated Man, who has previously been mentioned in Flash.
Red Tornado. Either as an elemental spirit or as a robot gain sentience, he could fit in as the tech of Flash/Arrow continues to grow. Especially if they don't set it all at just one time period (e.g. Sara in the past, Conner Hawke in the future, etc) as a potential idea.
Steel , Hank Heywood III. . Not the guy from Superman comics, but rather a member of Justice League Detroit alongside Vixen (mentioned below) and Vibe (aka Cisco, the guy who helps Barry in The Flash show).
Vixen, Mari Jiwe McCabe, could work if they used the upcoming Vixen mini-series to lead into this DC Universe Presents show. Already set in universe after all and there was talk of her being in her own show.
Gypsy, Cindy Reynolds Another member of Justice League Detroit, and whose powers of disguise would be easy to do in show. Also a chance for these television shows to do what both FOX and Marvel Studios (Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver) have refused to do, cast someone of Romani descent as one of the few Romani characters in superhero comics. Plenty of beautiful actresses for that.
Mister Miracle, Scott Free. The ultimate escape master. They don't even have to die in Darkside, Apocalypse, gods, or anything of the sort to still make him work.
Doctor Light, Kimiyo Hoshi . One of the few Japanese female superheroes, incredibly powerful, and thanks to JLA/The 99, surprisingly popular amongst Middle Eastern nations where DC is read.
Captain Atom, Nathaniel Adam. Previously mentioned in Flash. Military character. Originally was going to get a movie in the 80s, but it was cancelled. Later, Doctor Manhattan was based on him and that got a film.
Rocket Red various characters. Armoured suits, military, would fit right in if say Russia's military services does work with ARGUS perhaps. Could also be a O.M.A.C. variant sold off, play him off with Ted Kord Atom... I mean Ray Palmer.
General Glory , DC making fun of Marvel's Captain America (in response to Marvel doing Squadron Supreme, a mocking of the Justice League).
Tasmanian Devil, Hugh Dawkins. like a werewolf, only into a tasmanian devil (yes it's a real animal) . Women love Australian accents.
The Ray, Ray Terrill . Served in The Freedom Fighters, a U.S. government superhero team. Young, raw, impressionable.
Black Condor . One version was a First Nations tribe member, powered by a goddess. Worked for both public and secret military organisations. The other two were simply telekentic to fly, neither wanted to be superheroes but did so out of duty.
Animal Man, Buddy Baker. Ability to imitate the charestics of any animal on Earth of beyond. Stunt actor. Animal Rights activist. Family man with wife, two children, a dog, a cat. Willing to talk it out with an enemy rather than just punch.
Host to one of the best Grant Morrison story runs ever done and he can survive and remember what happens in a Crisis.
The Flash, Wally West.. Despite being the fastest Flash in comic book history, despite being the one most every modern interpretation and mytho is based on from his comic run, and the fact the first live action adaptation used Wally West as a basis for the character in terms of personality, and the success of JLU's Flash. Wally West has not appeared in live action (TBD for upcoming movie).
Metamorpho, Rex Mason . Metamorpho and Stagg were both used in Arrow/Flash, but the Element Man and his ability to become any element hasn't.
Power Girl, Karen Starr . The Earth 2 cousin of that world's Superman. No ditzy, insecure, or lashing out teenager. She's all woman, strong and independent, former leader of the JSA. Starr Industries has been used as background information in Arrow, could show up in Supergirl show.
Crimson Fox, the D'Aramis sisters. . Two French sisters who swapped out the role. Normal humans, but used powerful artificial pheromones to help out in battle and persuasion. Men love French accents.
Blue Jay, Jay Abrams. A man with the ability to shrink in size and fly. No, I don't expect him to ever be used either.
Silver Sorceress , a Scarlet Witch like analogue. Magic user. Enemy of Walt Disney...
Maya, Chandi Gupta . An Indian character, believed to be a reincarnation or an avatar of Shiva. Control over fire and water. Not many other Indian characters, so she would stand out.
Nuklon/Atom-Smasher, Albert Rothstein. Mentioned already in Flash. Ability to harness internal atomic energies to expand his body to giant size and gain incredible strength.
Amazing-Man, Will Everett. Ability to transform his body into the properties of whatever inorganic material he touches, such as stone or steel. Mentioned in Flash.
Green Lantern, Kyle Rayner. When Green Lantern was threatened to be cancelled and discontinued for good, DC decided to restart with a brand new character and for the 90s Kyle was the Green Lantern. Still very popular, often capturing nearly 50% of popularity votes and still manages to sell well in his own series. An artist rather than a builder (John Stewart) or by the book (Hal Jordan), meaning he would create more fanciful creations with his power ring. Was best friends with Wally West, would easily be best friends with Flash's Barry Allen.
Tomorrow Woman, robot created by Leauge enemies Ivo and T.O. Morrow in order to infiltrate and destroy. They did too good of a job and she sacrificed herself to save the team.
Aztek , wearing a suit of armour designed to stop the end of the world and could kill a mad god.
Green Arrow, Connor Hawke , son of Oliver Queen. In comics, the best martial artist in the world (yes, even over Batman). Was raised as a Buddhist monk after Oliver left him at the temple because he couldn't/wouldn't take care of a child when he was younger. As I suggested before, if they tell stories set in the future, he would work. Plus an action hero of Asian descent is constantly sought after by many.
Zauriel , an angel of heaven. Yeah, that's not going to happen.
Big Barda, the goddess of things being crushed (seriously) from her home world of Apokolips. Wife to Mr. Miracle. Stronger than Superman, trained to be elite fighter under Darksied. Partly based off the wife of Jack Kirby.
Jade , Jennifer-Lynn Hayden , daughter of the original Green Lantern Alan Scott. Rather than needing a ring, has the power to make energy constructs entirely on her own. Green skinned because of it. First female Green Lantern of Earth later on.
Jessie Quic/ Liberty Belle II, Jesse Chambers, second generation superhero. Super speed and flight (father's side) and super strength (mother's side). Was the first Female Flash. Successful business woman on her own merit. One of the few members to ever be a member of the JSA, Teen Titans, and Justice League member. What would Flash do if there was another speedster, and she can do tricks (flying) with her speed that he couldn't?
Faith Teleknetic, telepathic, psychic powers, human bomb. Turned into what she was due to military experiments, trying to create a living weapon.
Jason Blood and Etrigan the Demon , man who can allow his body to be taken over and transformed into one of the most powerful demons of hell. Done by a curse of Merlin after the fall of Camelot. Talks about being used in Constantine however.
Green Lantern John Stewart , already known by JLU fans. Verteran U.S. marine and current architect. Was replacement as Hal Jordan's backup. Far more emotional and expressive in comics than the JLU version. With no Green Lantern Corp, he became a member of Darkstars, another galactic police force just so he could keep fighting out there and making up for past mistakes. Loves Crooner music.
Manitou Raven , member of what would one day become the Apache Tribe circa 1000 B.C.E. who ended up in modern day. Uses various magic and communication with spirits in nature. Was a non-offensive version of the Super Friends "Apache Chief".
Batgirl III/Black Bat/Kasumi, Cassandra Cain. Daughter of the two most dangerous assassins and Batman's most trusted agent. One of the few that can outfight both her mother Lady Shiva and Batman due to her ability to read the movements and motions of a person's body.
Firehawk, Lorraine Reilly. The power of Firestorm without the need of a second individual and far more control (though less energy to spend at the start). U.S. Senator.
Geo-Force, Brion Markov . Metahuman with the ability to control the Earth such as cause quakes, form crystals, and so forth. Also super strong, enhanced durability, and flight (by moving the metal and minerals in his body). His uncle was killed in Arrow.
Black Lightning, Jefferson Pierce. Energy generator and ability to throw lighting. Fought for the most crime ridden section of Metropolis, later became Secretary of Education for the White House. First black superhero to be the star of his own book.
Starman, Mikaal Tomas. An alien who landed on Earth in the 1970s and found drugs to be a bit too powerful. Causing him to lose much of who he was and why he has shown up. Super strong, energy manipulation, flying, skilled warrior from a race of warriors while sober and clean.
Guardian, Jim Harper. Clone of 1940s costumed vigilante who fought in New York City both as a hero and as a police officer with an indestructible shield (he was actually created before Captain America, but not used until one year later). The clone was created long after the original had died, by the boys the original Guardian had looked after and had sent to get an education. Product of Cadamus, the secret government organisation working on genetic experiments. Technically uncle to Roy Harper, Arsenal in Arrow.
Mon-El, Lar Gand. A Daxamite, a cousin species to Kryptonians who have a deathly allergy to lead. Same powers as Superman, but also a brilliant biochemist and stalwart of Legion of Superheroes in the 30th Century (it's a long story how he gets there).
Donna Troy , the original Wonder Girl, but has done more under her own name like Marvel's Jean Grey. Daughter of the Greek Titans, making her a demi-god with super strength, flight, immortality unless killed in battle. If without powers, she has joined intergalactic police organisations like the Darkstars.
Starfire, Koriand'r. No, not the Teen Titans cartoon version as that would be one of those "in name only" some people like to use when a character is so radically different it no longer seems the same. In comics she is a former sex slave, sold to barbarians by her parents in order to save her planet. Genetically experimented on so she could use that stored energy to fire off energy bolts. Her species is incredibly expressive in emotions, both in terms of love (very affectionate) and in rage (will brutally kill an enemy).
Element Woman , a woman who has undergone the same transformation as Metamorpho did.
Power Ring, Jessica Cruz . While Green Lanterns hold highly advance scientific machines that can create anything they so desire with an A.I. to help them out, Power Rings are cursed with a ring that houses a demon in it who slowly manipulates and controls out of fear until the person is as much of a monster as the demon is. Still creates constructs out of green light, only it's part of someone's soul rather than hard light. May be used in the upcoming Batman vs Superman movie however.
Lord Andrew Bennett, he Vampire. Exactly what it says on the tin for his own comics, I…Vampire.
Adam Strange , a Flash Gordan like character. Normal man picked up and transported to an alien planet where he becomes their hero. Main weapons are jetpack, advance ray gun, and his quick wits.
August General in Iron, Fang Zhifu . A Chinese man transformed by a crashed alien ship that turned him into an armoured like figure of superhuman strength and endurance. Leader of China's elite superhero team, government based. Actual General in army.
Tempest, Garth of Atlantis . Formerly Aqualand, where like most Atlantians he has superhuman strength, endurance, and senses as compared to humans. As Tempest, he uses magic to control water. May be used in upcoming Aquaman movie.
Creeper, Jack Ryder . Loud mouth, highly opinionated, self centred, waste of time, jerk of his own political show. Also transforms via a drug into a green haired, yellow skinned mad man. Mostly a jerk though.
Resurrection Man, Mitch Shelly. A man who was experimenting with nanotechnology which were designed to regrow and heal most any injury. Unfortunately he was killed before he could properly finish them, and now they constantly bring him back to life every time he dies, granting a form of immortality he wishes he could end.
Old February 27th, 2015, 12:40 AM #15
> ZeoFan88
Power Ranger

ZeoFan88
Power Ranger

I wonder if cold will be a villain and sara being brought back somehow will be screwed up so she'll join up with cold for awhile against atom, firestorm and whoever these new characters are untill sara becomes sara again. Then i wonder iff she'll be white canary or possibility she takes over as huntress
ZeoFan88 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2015, 05:33 AM #16
> MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

I'm willing to bet this will be the final of the CW FlArrow-verse shows, as a show with a more flexible cast would allow them to tell a lot of the stories that they simply don't have time to tell on the other shows. It could potentially allow us to see the rest of the universe without needing to interrupt or force-tie it into the overall plot arc that either show is doing. If it's going to be a general team-up type of thing, and not some sort of Justice League-type show, then it doesn't even have to follow a linear timeline necessarily. Episodes could be set in the past, before even Arrow or Flash started.

For instance, Arrow's producers have been talking ever since last year about wanting to do an episode about Sara's training on the island, but they've admitted it's been difficult to find a place to fit it in. This would allow them to tell that story without "forcing" it to fit in around anything Arrow needs to do. Or we could have an episode that features younger Wildcat fighting crime in the Glades. It could maybe even be our place for more Suicide Squad stories, which everybody loves.
MoonsKnight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2015, 06:29 AM #17
> Crazy Davey
I'm Batman

Crazy Davey
I'm Batman

I'm on bored with anything that's part of the Arrow/Flash universe, right now. And this sounds like it could be even better! Really hoping this gets picked up.
Crazy Davey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2015, 09:05 AM #18
> PedroMcNamara
Power Ranger

PedroMcNamara
Power Ranger

I'd be down with a Big Barda/Mr. Miracle show.

You want each character to bring something different to the table, right?

Arrow, darker more serious....Flash, light and fun....A.T.O.M. more tech inspired....Vixen could introduce mysticism...you could do true detective/mystery type shit with the Question...Barda/Mircale could be part Modern Family, part Flash, part whatever else you want to be different.
Old February 27th, 2015, 09:49 AM #19
> Spoony Spoonerson
...like a WRECKING BALL!

Spoony Spoonerson
...like a WRECKING BALL!

Is it just me or does this sound like a way to merge shows together? They can't possibly expect to run, Arrow, Flash and a show starring Arrow & Flash simultaneously, right? It makes sense to merge both shows rather than risking ratings drop and market saturation.

As for the characters never before seen on TV, I'm going with Nightwing, the makers of Arrow have frequently talked about/been asked about bringing him in.
Spoony Spoonerson is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2015, 11:03 AM #20
> Dr. Who 07
Proud Earper

Dr. Who 07
Proud Earper

Spoony Spoonerson wrote: View Post

Is it just me or does this sound like a way to merge shows together? They can't possibly expect to run, Arrow, Flash and a show starring Arrow & Flash simultaneously, right? It makes sense to merge both shows rather than risking ratings drop and market saturation.

As for the characters never before seen on TV, I'm going with Nightwing, the makers of Arrow have frequently talked about/been asked about bringing him in.
Titans have him wrapped up
Dr. Who 07 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote