Home Menu

Menu

Old March 31st, 2018, 08:38 PM #181
> jumanjirex7723
Power Ranger

jumanjirex7723
Power Ranger

Descendants of the power

Former zordon era rangers are captured by the evil Fangoria the daughter of Dark Spectre
its up to Hayley( dino thunder ) to activate the Ranger Protocol(a Fail Safe setup by the former rangers) /which arms the children of these former rangers with the knowledge and power to fight this evil and save Angel Grove and their parents They become Power rangers Morphin Defenders

core 5
Red- David Zordon "Dave" Oliver - son of Tommy and Kimberly
Black- Henry Taylor -Son of Zach
Blue- Augustus "Gus" Crantson - son of billy
Green- Andrea Park - Daughter of Adam and Cassie
Yellow Magnolia- "Maggie" Hammond - daughter of Andros and Ashley

extra rangers
crimson -Kayden Lee Scott-Jason's collage freshmen age son oldest of the group
cobalt- Quentin De Santos- Also in collage is the son of rocky
coral- Fiona Johnson- tj's daughter also in collage

zords are base on schematics Andros found on Eltar in Zordons study

Last edited by jumanjirex7723; March 31st, 2018 at 08:44 PM.
jumanjirex7723 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2018, 09:02 PM #182
> GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

Nice setup, but why Adam and Cassie? Adam and Tanya, and T.J. and Cassie make the most sense. I'm not knocking your choices, it just seems odd to me.
GrumpyBookworm is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2018, 02:40 PM #183
> Juken16
Power Ranger

Juken16
Power Ranger

I have been working on this crossover with Young Justice and my own original ranger team who use the original ranger powers but new characters

it involves the team and the league letting someone else take the lead
Juken16 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2018, 02:34 AM #184
> greenprimalranger
Power Ranger

greenprimalranger
Power Ranger

Last edited by greenprimalranger; April 16th, 2018 at 02:57 AM.
greenprimalranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2018, 01:05 PM #185
> Ravie
Equal Opportunist

Ravie
Equal Opportunist

Hopefully, hopefully, hopefully I can get some feedback. I need to work on Beta, so I'm trying to get my ducks in a row and plan my arcs, when things debut and why they may debut, why certain things happen that need to happen, etc. Given the insane nature of Beta's origins, I finally decided a second independent villain faction will be needed.

If you've read Alpha (and you should in order to answer me with some degree of knowledge), you know one of central themes is revisiting the Zordon Era and LG with various elements along with adding brand new things. In the process of planning a Ranger trio, I needed to figure out an inciting incident for why they would. At around the last third/quarter of Alpha, Rex left with Zhane in order to find some missing power coins. They are due to return with them. And I got to thinking...why would they need to be used. It's too early in the story for a big thing I have planned...and it hit me. Zhane and Rex do not merely peacefully return..they are being pursued by an Astronema clone. I know most of the whys and hows of how she comes into being the thing I'm stuck on is her physical "age". I haven't decided if she should start out as a tween terror or generic "teen" like original Astronema. Any ideas or feedback concerning Astronema 2.0 will be appreciated.

This message will most likely self destruct in a few hours or days.
Ravie is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2018, 09:22 AM #186
> Jayboss
Power Ranger

Jayboss
Power Ranger

So, through the years I've had a fair share of PR/Sentai fanfic ideas, from original Sentai teams to adaptations of canon seasons like Gokaiger or Zyuohger, but this is the one I'm focused on at the moment: Power Rangers RPM ReGeared. It's supposed to be my take on a more faithful adaptation of Go-Onger, telling the story of what was going on in the main PRU while the show was focusing on the canon RPM's alternate dimension (or the "Corinth-verse", as I've been calling it lately).

You know how, even after the events of Countdown to Destruction, there were still a few remnants of the Machine Empire who managed to survive the Z-Wave? Well, one of said remnants was a former underling of the Royal House of Gadgetry, named Voltagium, who escaped alongside a few Cogs to an abandoned planet littered with garbage and scraps from all corner of space. There, Voltagium discovered that, somehow, his kind thrives in the planet’s polluted atmosphere, which makes them stronger. Thus, over the course of the following 11 years, he set out to rebuild the Machine Empire from the ground up, encompassing an entire robotic army led by three generals, one of which is his own biological daughter, with the main purpose of getting revenge on the Power Rangers and on humanity as a whole by invading Earth and polluting it to the degree that humans can no longer live in it, allowing the Machine Empire to make it into their new home.

The story proper starts in early 2009; following the finalization of her parents’ divorce as well as the increasingly frequent attacks of animalisticDai Shi's monsters in their former hometown of Ocean Bluff, 18-year-old Ola Irwin moves to the city of Copper Falls with her mother in order to start life anew. There, alongside new neighbor Ricky and his ten-year-old sister Carly, she discovers that not only there are monsters attacking the city as well, but that it also has its own set of Power Rangers protecting it: the Power Rangers RPM, a trio of childhood friends whose powers are derived from semi-sentient racing performance machines from the planet of Eltar, the Engine Zords. Despite initial reluctance, Ola and Ricky eventually agree to join their ranks, and so, the previously-untold story of a new team of Power Rangers begins.

As for the Rangers themselves...

Red Ranger - Aaron Hong: Self-appointed leader of the team, Aaron is the son of a retired racecar driver and wants to follow in her footsteps in the future. He's very impulsive and a little cocky, but is a good-natured guy nonetheless, and loyal to the people he holds dear. Pilots the Condor Racer.

Blue Ranger - Felix Kinsey: The team's "brain" and techie guy, and usually the voice of reason. Felix is of course very intelligent, logical, grounded and cautious, constantly focused on the Rangers' mission, and very prone to stress, often disagreeing with Aaron and butting heads with him. Pilots the Lion Hauler.

Yellow Ranger - Sadie Berenger: The peacemaker of the team, and the more approachable member of the initial trio. Despite being born into a wealthy and materialistic family, she strongly disagrees with their views, being a vegetarian who is constantly fighting to protect Earth and its wildlife. Pilots the Bear Crawler.

Green Ranger - Ola Irwin: The new girl in town, Ola is laid-back, no-nonsense, confident, and sometimes a tad snarky, and has a knack for mechanics and machinery in general. Despite being initially reluctant, she joins the team due to her natural instinct to stand for a good cause. Pilots the Tail Spinner.

Black Ranger - Ricky Sheppard: Ola's next-door neighbor. Because his parents are always busy, he's constantly looking after his little sister Carly, and wants to prove himself as a responsible and mature adult because of this; however, deep down, he's really insecure and a big softie. Pilots the Hound Cruiser.

In addition to their Engine Zords, the Rangers are aided by Marshal, a little robotic advisor from Eltar, who is basically Bomper's counterpart. Other recurring characters include Victoria Rubro (Aaron's girlfriend) and Topher Clifton (the token Kelson Henderson comic relief type), two employees at the Pitstop Malt Shop, where the Rangers spend a good chunk of their free time; there's also Ricky's aforementioned little sister Carly Sheppard and the snobby children of Copper Falls' mayor, Gabe and Raph Darcy.

I've actually started working on the first two "episodes" while rewatching Go-Onger for reference on the source footage, but they're still a little rough right now, so if there's anyone out there willing to be a beta reader, don't be afraid to volunteer. I also need someone skilled in music to help me with the theme song, as the canon RPM's theme song sounds like nails on a chalkboard to me, and while that one demo theme is pretty good, its lyrics are still well attached to Eddie Guzelian's post-apocalyptic premise ("it's the last chance for humanity"), which is definitely not what I'm going for here.

Thoughts?

Last edited by MarineDynamite; May 15th, 2018 at 09:30 AM.
Jayboss is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old May 15th, 2018, 05:30 PM #187
> GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

I think this sounds really good! I'm not the best with grammar but I'd be happy to look it over as a beta reader!
Old May 16th, 2018, 05:19 AM #188
> Jayboss
Power Ranger

Jayboss
Power Ranger

GrumpyBookworm wrote: View Post

I think this sounds really good! I'm not the best with grammar but I'd be happy to look it over as a beta reader!
Oh, it's actually less about the grammar itself and more about whether the chapters are too short, whether the spoken dialogue feels realistic and/or like something that could be said in an actual episode of Power Rangers, etc.
Old May 16th, 2018, 02:19 PM #189
> GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

MarineDynamite wrote: View Post

Oh, it's actually less about the grammar itself and more about whether the chapters are too short, whether the spoken dialogue feels realistic and/or like something that could be said in an actual episode of Power Rangers, etc.
Oh then yeah I could do do that.
Old May 16th, 2018, 02:57 PM #190
> Jayboss
Power Ranger

Jayboss
Power Ranger

Oh then yeah I could do do that.
Is it okay if I send you the first two chapters, either by PM or even directly by e-mail?
Old May 16th, 2018, 03:25 PM #191
> Sevenlima
Power Ranger

Sevenlima
Power Ranger

I bet you guys make some PR could have more approach and similarities to the tv show.

Last edited by Sevenlima; May 16th, 2018 at 03:34 PM.
Sevenlima is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2018, 03:46 PM #192
> GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

Is it okay if I send you the first two chapters, either by PM or even directly by e-mail?
PM works
Old May 18th, 2018, 04:31 PM #193
> WhiteMystechRanger
Lets get Mystechal

WhiteMystechRanger
Lets get Mystechal

As a few of you may know I prefer writing Toku stories based in and around real world locations that don't really get a spotlight in Toku.

So with a mini series I am planning out, this time it will be set in Lithuania!

RIZER JEGA

Without getting too personal, I'm burnt out and out of practice with writing. With Jega I want a fresh location and hero to write and launch myself back to Scottish Sentai soon after (I can't leave Hannah hanging on for dear life!).

Jega will feature ties with Scottish Sentai, but not too in your face. Effectively, same world but different Country.

Rizer Jega will follow Augustas, a young man who's only dream is to see the world and travel. Multi lingual he has travelled across Europe seeking adventure and a good time. Yet when he arrives home after a year abroad, his greatest adventure truly begins.

Ziema Industries is our antagonist. The faceless corporation that is the largest company in Lithuania. The company covers construction, agriculture, wildlife conservation, cancer research, public transport and even a few TV stations.

Augustas gets a job with them yet suffers an accident, making him a fresh lab rat for their Rize Initiative... Jega's journey will lead him in a battle against other Rizen, learning to unlock his latent potential along the way.

ARSENAL

Rizer booster - the rizer armour was surgically grafted to Augustas, hidden in various locations. To morph, he sticks a key into a hole in his side which triggers the armour to emerge from the hidden armour pockets across his body.

As Rizer defeats Rizen, he adds their power to his own, different boosters granting new powers and abilities.

Rizer Axe - base weapon. The weapon will transform to match Rizer's current booster. Potential for halberd, sword and gun modes with finishers.

Menulis - 4 legged robotic wolf mount that can also adapt to different boosters

PRIMARY ANTAGONISTS

The board - A group of Directors who oversee Ziema's activities across the country.

Rizer Pamises - Like Augustas he is a failed experiment, yet has pledged himself to Ziema just the same.

Rizer Tylus - Pamises' second in command

RIZEN - Victims of the shadow project now simply monsters who obey the will of Ziema. Our MotW.

Maras - plagues ones. Early prototype RIZEN. Mindless footsoldiers.

Laume - a major investor for Ziema's Rizen program. As the last of her kind and representative of the Skath, she is not only living proof of alien life, but that there is also a way to cheat death as well. Her motives for funding Ziema are unknown, yet find's Augustas' battle to be highly amusing. Laume is Miss Boyle's human identity prior to Scottish Sentai.

Tie in

Augustas will find himself aboard a certain enemy Fortress soon enough...
WhiteMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2018, 02:32 PM #194
> MarineDynamite
VIP Rider

MarineDynamite
VIP Rider

So I'm still in the process of writing RPM ReGeared, but last night, completely out of boredom, I decided to revisit an old idea I had for a fanmade Sentai team with a gemstone motif that never got off the ground. I remember it well; it was called "Kishou Sentai Housekenger" and the Rangers were the standard RBGYP combo (and they were all recolors of each other).

This time, I was intent on having the color line-up for the main five Rangers be Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/White, which is a combo that I'm surprised wasn't used until Zyuohger. I also wanted the two girls on the team, Green and White, to have the leotard-esque suit bottoms a la Bioman/Changeman/Flashman rather than just giving them skirts again. I was working on Blue's design when I realized it was about time I went to bed, and so I left the designs temporarily unfinished to have some sleep...

And while I was trying to get to sleep, this surge of new, crazy ideas came to me, and when I woke up this morning, I wasted no time in applying them to the designs. So the team's main motif went from just gemstone-based to gemstone+fairy tale-based, they all got corresponding animal motifs, and White's accents changed from purple to red as per her respective fairy tale motif.

And thus, Kouki Sentai Märchenger was born. More on them later, because right now I have dance class and I can't miss it!
MarineDynamite is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2018, 05:26 PM #195
> MarineDynamite
VIP Rider

MarineDynamite
VIP Rider

So... Märchenger.

As already established, the complete team name is Kouki Sentai Märchenger (光輝戦隊メルヘンジャー Kōki Sentai Meruhenjā, lit. “Shining Task Force Märchenger”), and its primary motifs are gemstones and fairy tales -- the "Märchen" in the name is actually the German word for "fairy tale", and it seems to be used in Japan a lot, as I've learnt from Pretty Cure and, to a lesser degree, Princess Tutu (the latter uses a lot of German words and names, but when it comes to the word "märchen" itself Pretty Cure is the one I remember using more often, mainly on Smile Pretty Cure).

As with most modern Sentai teams, they’re a team of five (technically it’s more like Liveman and Go-Onger, in that we start with three only for two more, in this case Yellow and White, to join early on), eventually joined by a sixth Ranger. Their mechs are called the Märchen Machines, and their primary giant robot is the Kouki Gattai Märchen Royale (光輝合体メルヘンロワイヤル).

The initial quintet is made up of:

Joji Akazuki (赤月 杖二) / MärchenRuby (メルヘンルビー)
Fairytale Motif: Red Riding Hood
Märchen Machine: Ruby Wolf

Yutaka Numasawa (沼沢 優心) / MärchenAqua (メルヘンアクア)
Fairytale Motif: The Frog Prince
Märchen Machine: Aquamarine Frog

Emi Omugi (大麦 依美) / MärchenPeridot (メルヘンペリドット)
Fairytale Motif: Thumbelina
Märchen Machine: Peridot Swallow

Ritsu Kanamori (金森 李都) / MärchenTopaz (メルヘントパーズ)
Fairytale Motif: Goldilocks and the Three Bears
Märchen Machine: Topaz Bear

Inori Shirayuki (白雪 一愛) / MärchenPearl (メルヘンパール)
Fairytale Motif: Snow White and the Seven Dwarves
Märchen Machine: Pearl Rabbit

As per one of my favorite recurring tendencies in Sentai, the first syllables of each of their given names, when put together, spell “jewelry” (「じ・ゆ・え・り・い」(ジュエリー)“Ji-Yu-E-Ri-i” (Juerī)). I haven't defined their changers or weapons yet, but I already have a clear idea of the phrases they'll utter for their transformation and roll call...

ENG:
"Märchen Storytime!"

"Innocence in a Red Hood! Once Upon a Time, MärchenRuby!"
"A First Kiss on a Frog! Once Upon a Time, MärchenAqua!"
"Wanderlust in Full Bloom! Once Upon a Time, MärchenPeridot!"
"Curiosity with Golden Hair! Once Upon a Time, MärchenTopaz!"
"Kindness White as Snow! Once Upon a Time, MärchenPearl!"

"Writing a Shining Happy End! Kouki Sentai Märchenger!"

JAP:
メルヘン・ストーリータイム!

赤ずきんで無罪!昔々、メルヘンルビー!
蛙で最初のキス!昔々、メルヘンアクア!
満開で渦巻き!昔々、メルヘンペリドット!
金髪で好奇心!昔々、メルヘントパーズ!
白雪で優しさ!昔々、メルヘンパール!

輝くハッピーエンドを書き送る!光輝戦隊メルヘンジャー!

Last edited by MarineDynamite; May 22nd, 2018 at 05:42 PM.
Old May 22nd, 2018, 06:26 PM #196
> AngieYaz
Banned

AngieYaz
Banned

Oh wow! This would be a fantastic Sentai!
AngieYaz is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2018, 06:28 PM #197
> MarineDynamite
VIP Rider

MarineDynamite
VIP Rider

AngieYaz wrote: View Post

Oh wow! This would be a fantastic Sentai!
Thanks! I'm actually planning on making proper pictures of the Rangers all suited up (kinda like the ones I made for RPM ReGeared, except that in the Märchengers' case they'd have their helmets still on), and maybe I could turn it into an actual story once I'm done with RPM ReGeared. That's why I didn't say anything about the sixth Ranger; I want them to be a surprise.

And by the way, I'm still trying to figure out what Märchenger's hypothetical PR name would be... I'm thinking Power Rangers Fable something... Fable Fury? I don't know.
Old May 22nd, 2018, 07:49 PM #198
> GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

This sounds really cool! I will admit I prefer the female rangers to use skirts because I think they look better than the male suits. I'd be interested to read about this team.
Old May 22nd, 2018, 08:15 PM #199
> MarineDynamite
VIP Rider

MarineDynamite
VIP Rider

This sounds really cool! I will admit I prefer the female rangers to use skirts because I think they look better than the male suits. I'd be interested to read about this team.
Thanks!

About the skirt thing, I can see why they've decided to stick with the skirts nowadays. I just thought it would be a nice change of pace to bring back the leotards (also a fun little nod to those Brazilian Toku fans who are way older than me and grew up watching Changeman and Flashman on Rede Manchete).
Old May 22nd, 2018, 08:32 PM #200
> Salvy_Mic
Power Ranger

Salvy_Mic
Power Ranger

And by the way, I'm still trying to figure out what Märchenger's hypothetical PR name would be... I'm thinking Power Rangers Fable something... Fable Fury? I don't know.
Fellowship of Fables
The Order of the Fable
Fable Knights

Just a few I came up with.
Salvy_Mic is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote