Home Menu

Menu

Old April 12th, 2019, 09:37 PM #121
> BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

Freaky ending for the episode, for sure.

Even more freaky (for me personally): literally seconds after finishing this week's episode, I hear a loud clatter off to my left (where my Power Rangers shelf is located). Sounds like a figure taking a dive.

It was Dino Thunder Yellow (Legacy). That was weird. What are the odds?

Not sure what it could mean, exactly, but if I turn up dead before next Thursday, Emma Lahana's the prime suspect.
BigMDtheSequel is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old April 13th, 2019, 05:15 AM #122
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

AkaGreen wrote: View Post

I know this show is usually dark... but

"She has no hope." got me. Just... man.

That ending was crazy. Tyrone absorbing Mayhem was wild enough, and then... the body started talking. That was a really creepy note to end the episode on.

Next week looks just as wild. Tandy goes in to find Mayhem and the police catch up to Tyrone.

They're doing a great job keeping me interested.
Yeah, pretty cool they returned to Ty absorbing people into his dark space and all. Actually I kinda thought, when they were scoping out the building where the girls were held captive and Ty was growing tired maybe Tandy would figure out her light can help boost him. But yeah, it was fun watching both Bridget and Mayhem going about things and learning what Mayhem has been up to. It's also nice, even though they basically say she's likely to turn on Bridget and kill her, that she isn't just all angry bad like most splits are. Again, at least not at first.

And yeah when Tandy looked at that girl and saw nothing, that was rough. Though I also couldn't help feel like...maybe she shouldn't have been so casual to discuss that she saw nothing inside the girl when she was standing right in front of her. It just seemed like that wouldn't help matters and just make her feel worse.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2019, 05:18 AM #123
> toejammer
Power Ranger

toejammer
Power Ranger

Give me more Mayhem!!!!!
I thought I wasn’t gonna like her and she’d just be an annoying character in their way, but i love her couldnt give an F nature.
Pretty cool ending. Their powers just keep on getting stronger and stronger.

poor preachers life fell completely apart. Didnt notice it was him at first.
Loved the filling in of the blanks over the past 8 or so months

BigMDtheSequel wrote: View Post

Freaky ending for the episode, for sure.

Even more freaky (for me personally): literally seconds after finishing this week's episode, I hear a loud clatter off to my left (where my Power Rangers shelf is located). Sounds like a figure taking a dive.

It was Dino Thunder Yellow (Legacy). That was weird. What are the odds?

Not sure what it could mean, exactly, but if I turn up dead before next Thursday, Emma Lahana's the prime suspect.
sounds like your toy may have gained a soul. You may have a modern day chucky on your hands
toejammer is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2019, 10:25 PM #124
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Hmm, tonight was interesting.
So Tandy had to sacrifice not only her powers but Ty's as well while she was inside his Cloak Space to search for Mayhem. And still never got through since she whipped out the light dagger and accidentally brought Connors back(and presumably not Mayhem. I wonder if she'll master the way through, and we'll see Ty using his cloak for others to teleport like in the comics. Though if I was that gang after Ty, I'd just try again at hitting his parents' place. Lucked out this time, but next time...maybe not so much. I like how Mayhem, at least for the moment, continues to not be a bad person. Does some bad things, but the split continues to not be so black & white. I do wonder if that'll change the longer they're split, but it's been fun right now. Like how Tandy can basically trust Mayhem despite also thinking of her as the evil, violent one and whatnot.
Old April 20th, 2019, 10:56 AM #125
> toejammer
Power Ranger

toejammer
Power Ranger

Man i never knew i needed a cover of hit me baby one more time in my life
Old April 20th, 2019, 09:41 PM #126
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

Well... that happened.

Connors is on the loose again, which sucks. I mean, it's good, because Tyrone's name can be cleared now, but it sucks because he's out running around and is probably gonna start more mess for Tyrone. (And Brigid, honestly)

But, next week's promo looks really good. Tyrone is gonna get to beat the crap out of Connors. That should be fun to watch.

toejammer wrote: View Post

Man i never knew i needed a cover of hit me baby one more time in my life
Yeah, that kinda caught me off guard.
AkaGreen is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2019, 08:42 PM #127
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Phew
Okay, maybe it's just me but it kinda feels like every time Tandy goes off on her own it doesn't turn out so well. Tyrone is fine, and together they're good, but by herself? Not so much. Anyway damn, sucks she got grabbed at the end. A bit naïve on her part, but not surprising since they both are and that feels like part of the focus this season. And next week is going to be a mind trip episode where anything can and will happen. Should be interesting. Poor Brigid seems to be falling apart by staying well...apart. And I'm curious to see how things end with Tyrone bringing Connors to his mom. And I'll admit the whole part of Tandy telling the story, I started to think it was going to be her giving some speech at a party celebrating Tyrone being cleared of charges and all. Of course until she got tased. Once again, I continue to like this show and look forward to seeing where it'll go.
Old April 26th, 2019, 01:07 AM #128
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

...Well, they definitely got me with that ending.

I just... she was.... really? I know this show goes for twists, but man, that one got me.

Part of me almost felt bad for Connors this episode. Almost. The other part of me wanted to see Tyrone smack him around for a while. Tyrone bringing him to his mother is an interesting move though. I also like how his dad is making him a new Cloak.

This show really knows how to keep me coming back.
Old May 3rd, 2019, 01:19 AM #129
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

They really got me twice in a row.

The nice guy was in on it, too?! And he has powers like Tandy and Ty?! I didn't think they could get me more hooked than I already was.

Seeing the different versions of Tandy and Tyrone's life and how each one was worse than the last made for a really interesting episode. A little confusing, but still really interesting. They had me going on that last one though. The moment he shot Tyrone and both their reactions hit me hard, even though it turned out to be just another mind game. Seeing Tyrone dying and Tandy breaking down... it was rough. The acting in this show is really good.

I'm looking forward to seeing where things go from here, since Tandy doesn't have her powers anymore.
Old May 5th, 2019, 12:13 PM #130
> toejammer
Power Ranger

toejammer
Power Ranger

I sorta zoned in and out of this episode. The different realities or whatever didnt grab me as such. But the ending definitely woke me up

was just expecting the bullets to go through TY, until i realized it wasnt legit. Shows definitely gone a different path to what i originally thought would be a predictable story involving drugs and gangs. Be interesting to see more about that man
Old May 10th, 2019, 01:14 AM #131
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

Okay, now that was awesome.

Everything was looking bad, and then we get Tyrone busting into the motel, Tandy getting her daggers back, Mayhem breaking all the records from the inside... that entire scene was too awesome.

Especially the bodyguard throwing Tyrone away from him, only for Tyrone to teleport and knock him out with a flying punch. That's easily one of the coolest things we've seen in this show.

And right when they're reunited, things go wrong and Tyrone's on the ground.

Next week is a... video game episode? Okay, sure.
Old May 12th, 2019, 07:01 PM #132
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

AkaGreen wrote: View Post

Okay, now that was awesome.

Everything was looking bad, and then we get Tyrone busting into the motel, Tandy getting her daggers back, Mayhem breaking all the records from the inside... that entire scene was too awesome.

Especially the bodyguard throwing Tyrone away from him, only for Tyrone to teleport and knock him out with a flying punch. That's easily one of the coolest things we've seen in this show.

And right when they're reunited, things go wrong and Tyrone's on the ground.

Next week is a... video game episode? Okay, sure.
It was definitely fun. I wasn't entirely sure Tandy would be rescued or escape by the end of the episode with how it was going. I mean sure, technically she's still there and Ty is fading, but she's not really in danger anymore which is the important thing. And I loved how Mayhem returns by hitching a ride and getting into Ty's headspace or whatever the record room is suppose to be. I was worried when Andre was getting to Ty that things would get worse, but Mayhem ended up saving the day. That ambulance crash into the hotel was fun, and yeah the flying punch was pretty great.

Man, even though it was in the preview, I still really enjoyed when Tandy tried to call her dagger on Andre and he just brushes off, telling her she needs hope and there ain't none. Still just a kind of shot in the heart for where she's at. And then when the other girl gets hope again, Tandy gets her power back and kicks ass. I loved how she busted through the wall to grab that one bitch and pull her through, that was awesome. Though part of kind of raised an eyebrow at her breaking through the walls. Then again I've never tried to break through the walls of a moderately cheap hotel before, so maybe they really are that easy. And I mean sure, I get she used her daggers and they're stronger than the average blade, but yeah even though it was cool I was a bit skeptical of it.

The only theory I have for Ty fading is maybe being there at that hotel he's taking in too much fear from all the victims, so it's kind of overwhelming him and causing him to go so smoky. Instead of just getting an aura around his hand and whatnot when it's one normal scared person, this place clearly has history. But then again I also didn't get the preview so maybe I'm far off, or we'll just have to wait and see.

Oh and I enjoyed Ty's mom with Connors, that was fun and well done.
Old May 17th, 2019, 12:59 AM #133
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

The video game part of this episode was cool, and I would've said it was the most interesting part, until
the reveal that Tyrone's mom murdered Connors. That was a literal jaw drop moment. Andre killing that other girl was kind of a surprise, too, but he's evil. It's not hard to believe. But Mrs. Johnson? I actually thought she was gonna forgive him. Then I saw the bathroom covered in plastic. Tandy's mom falling back into her old habits again was sad, too. She's probably gonna feel like it's her fault.

Back to the video game part, most of the reason it was so cool was because we get to see Tandy and Ty fighting some bad guys. That's always a plus. Brigid and Mayhem fusing was unexpected, but it's got me interested. (at least I think that's what happened) I wonder how they're gonna handle switching back and forth.

Only two more episodes left in the season. It feels like it flew by.
Old May 23rd, 2019, 07:02 PM #134
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Caught up watching last weeks, then tonight's. Last week was fun. The video game part was neat, also I enjoyed them joking about how radioactive heroin just sounds so silly. But while there wasn't much actual fighting in it, it was still a fun way to go about it. The Brigid and Mayhem at least coming to a sort of agreement though Mayhem obviously is driving. But yeah, wonder how that'll unfold and if they'll ever come back together. Feel like it's unlikely at least this season. Then Evita ends up embracing the voodoo and marrying herself away spiritually so there goes that truncated relationship. Also leaves it open for Ty & Tandy to likely become a thing next season. Though I enjoy them just being close, steadfast friends. Generally such pairings always end up in a relationship and rarely does it feel like a guy and girl just stay friends. On the other hand, obviously I know Ty & Tandy have been a thing so I expect it anyways.

And turns out Andre only seemed to...suck the one woman dry. Still alive, but not much more than that. Then Andre has...seemingly become some kind of god or at least in his own mind. And is porting people away. Curious to see how that pans out in the finale next week. Bummer we're already there. I admit, when the preview talked about half the city vanishing I really wanted it to be because of the Snap and not just cause of whatever Andre is doing. Oh well. And yeah, curious to see what'll happen with Adina having killed Connors. I hope the info gets to the cops and Ty is cleared so he doesn't have to be on the run anymore.
Old May 24th, 2019, 12:54 AM #135
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

Okay,
what Tyrone did with the gang members was awesome, on the Tandy vs Mayhem debate, I was mostly on Mayhem's side, and Andre is way too obsessed with being a god. Tyrone was right. The dude's insane. Even before he got his powers he was always talking about becoming a god. And now the the door is open and he got what he wanted.... I guess he kind of is now? Not good, either way.

Also, the Luke Cage reference was cool.

The finale looks really cool. And Tyrone even gets his cloak back.

I'm really hoping we get a Season 3.
Old May 26th, 2019, 06:09 AM #136
> toejammer
Power Ranger

toejammer
Power Ranger

I liked the reference to the other show.

I need to start paying more attention to this show. Like i watch but i dont watch at the same time and it becomes a mix of just being background noise

I think this is one of few times ive seen a show that has raised awareness to suicide prevention by providing a number and viewer discretion

Last edited by toejammer; May 26th, 2019 at 06:40 AM.
Old May 26th, 2019, 06:41 AM #137
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

toejammer wrote: View Post

I liked the reference to the other show.

I need to start paying more attention to this show. Like i watch but i dont watch at the same time and it becomes a mix of just being background noise
I've had that issue with other shows. Like Gundam Unicorn and Iron-Blooded Orphans. Though Orphans I followed a little better, but I realized in both those that while I'd have it on I usually watch stuff while messing around on the net or other things and that didn't work so well. Yeah, just ends up noise in a sense so then I'm not really that sure what exactly is going on. And with shows like that being all political and all, you want to pay attention.
Old May 26th, 2019, 06:44 AM #138
> toejammer
Power Ranger

toejammer
Power Ranger

Alitain wrote: View Post

I've had that issue with other shows. Like Gundam Unicorn and Iron-Blooded Orphans. Though Orphans I followed a little better, but I realized in both those that while I'd have it on I usually watch stuff while messing around on the net or other things and that didn't work so well. Yeah, just ends up noise in a sense so then I'm not really that sure what exactly is going on. And with shows like that being all political and all, you want to pay attention.
Yeah its annoying cause i end up having to rewind and stuff.... like i know whats happening, but at the same time i dont feel as engaged towards the villain and his motive etc because of it
Old May 31st, 2019, 01:06 AM #139
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

That was a good finale. Season finale or even series finale, if we don't get a season 3.

And man, did it feel like a series finale at the end.

The way they ended things with Tyrone's name being cleared, Andre being dead, Lia being in jail, Tandy finally getting over her dad, Tyrone's parents being back together, and Tandy and Tyrone leaving town together made it feel like this was the end of everything.

And it made for a good episode. The action was good, the plot had me interested the entire time, and Andre's defeat was probably the coolest thing we've seen out of this show. Tandy leaping through Tyrone and stabbing Andre in the chest with a sword of light? That was just awesome. And that's not even mentioning how awesome it was when Mayhem took out those... spirit guard guys or whatever they were. Tandy and Tyrone working together to get out of Andre's mind games was great, too. Even when they weren't together, it still felt like they were helping each other out, if that makes sense. The way they overcame everything was a good scene.

I really want a Season 3. I want to see more of these characters. But, if this is the end, it honestly works well.

Last edited by AkaGreen; May 31st, 2019 at 01:13 AM.
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old May 31st, 2019, 10:56 AM #140
> toejammer
Power Ranger

toejammer
Power Ranger

Enjoyable season. Havent seen someone that cool with a trumpet since basco
Shout out to whoever did all the covers

A great episode , But we have to talk about that end scene !!
WAS THAT
THE SET UP FOR THE RUNAWAYS CROSSOVER!?!?
Tandy mentioned girls washing up on the beach.... season 1 of Runaways that destiny girl washed up on the beach... oh please lord make my dreams come true.

Seems like digital spy and some other outlets picked up on the hint also.
Didnt know the cloak and dagger twitter tweeted late last year a photo of greg sulkin and aubrey omari at a shoot.

The stars may be aligning

Also looks like tandy and tyrones relationship may enter a new stage

Last edited by toejammer; May 31st, 2019 at 11:22 AM.