Home Menu

Menu

Old May 15th, 2012, 04:12 PM #1
> Bread
Part of that world

Bread
Part of that world

Game of Thrones - Who Run The World?

So since there isn't a Game of Thrones thread I thought I would make one. If the mods don't want it(I don't know why) than I apologize. So with that discuss the comic and TV series! First Post will be updated regarding book release dates and episode air-dates.

Last edited by Bread; June 6th, 2012 at 06:36 AM.
Bread is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 04:48 PM #2
> ⚡Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly

Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly

There actually is a thread about this same subject, but it has a book title instead of "Game of Thrones."

I would have liked to participate, but since there are book spoilers, I avoid it like the plague. Ah well.

http://www.RangerBoard.com/showthrea...=song+ice+fire

EDIT- I was going to close this, but I think I will leave this open and we can just make this exclusive to the TV series.
Multiple Man is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 04:59 PM #3
> Bread
Part of that world

Bread
Part of that world

Wow silly me I didn't even search for A song of fire and Ice. I only searched for game of thrones. I apologize. but as you said the tv series can be discussed.
Old May 15th, 2012, 05:32 PM #4
> ReggieJack13
Power Ranger

ReggieJack13
Power Ranger

Joffery gotta go, man. He has to die the most painful death humanly possible.
ReggieJack13 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 05:37 PM #5
> Bread
Part of that world

Bread
Part of that world

And Theon what he did to those children makes me sick. I don't know why but I have a secret liking for Cersei. She isn't pure evil like Jeoffery. She is a selfish evil, she will do whatever it takes to protect her self and her family. Yes, she does go far sometimes but I feel Jeoffery Jamie and Theon are much much worse. I love Tyrion though.
Old May 15th, 2012, 05:46 PM #6
> ⚡Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly

Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly

I'm continually amazed by how well they've managed to portray the humanity in Cersei while still making her one of the most dangerous people to mess with. She's done some seriously awful things and seems mostly okay with it, but then you peel back the layers and see how horribly she's been treated from a young age on into adulthood. She's traumatized over and over again, so her wrath is somewhat understandable, even if you don't agree with what she does at all.

Joffrey is just a sadistic monster of a child with no redeeming qualities at all. The thing is, Cersei is part of what created him. She raised him in such a way as to foster his darker impulses and to feel like it's okay, because he's the king. It was nice to finally see that she realizes how big of a mistake she made, even if she's still willing to make a whole lot more.

I know nothing about the books, but it seems kind of obvious that the children that were killed are not Bran and Rickon, but rather, the other two boys that they took two minutes out of the episode to talk about. My only question is whether or not Theon actually knows this and is just lying to show his strength, or if he believes he's just killed his pseudo-adoptive brothers. (Don't answer that if you actually know, please...)
Multiple Man is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 05:54 PM #7
> ReggieJack13
Power Ranger

ReggieJack13
Power Ranger

Tyrion is the man.
ReggieJack13 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 06:06 PM #8
> Bread
Part of that world

Bread
Part of that world

Multiple Man wrote: View Post

Joffrey is just a sadistic monster of a child with no redeeming qualities at all. The thing is, Cersei is part of what created him. She raised him in such a way as to foster his darker impulses and to feel like it's okay, because he's the king. It was nice to finally see that she realizes how big of a mistake she made, even if she's still willing to make a whole lot more.
I totally agree I am on the first book and I loved this scene in the show. It really showed the humanity in Cersei and that she realizes her mistake. Sadly I don't see Jeoffery being killed for awhile.

I know nothing about the books, but it seems kind of obvious that the children that were killed are not Bran and Rickon, but rather, the other two boys that they took two minutes out of the episode to talk about. My only question is whether or not Theon actually knows this and is just lying to show his strength, or if he believes he's just killed his pseudo-adoptive brothers. (Don't answer that if you actually know, please...)
I agree with you here. I don't think it is Bran and Rickon. I also thinks Theon knows this and is just using it to gain power, so that when/if his sister comes it will make it worse for the people of winterfell. I also think Daenerys needs to get the hell out of Qarth.
Old May 15th, 2012, 06:36 PM #9
> Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

We need more Lancel. I like his actor from House of Anubis.

But anyway, I love Jaqen's actor. They got a great guy for him, since he's one of my favorites in the books. And Robb; I am very, very happy that they chose to include him in season 2, since he wasn't in book 2.

Not a spoiler, I'm sure I can make this comment.
Sir Koji is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 06:39 PM #10
> Bread
Part of that world

Bread
Part of that world

Sir Koji wrote: View Post

We need more Lancel. I like his actor from House of Anubis.

But anyway, I love Jaqen's actor. They got a great guy for him, since he's one of my favorites in the books. And Robb; I am very, very happy that they chose to include him in season 2, since he wasn't in book 2.

Not a spoiler, I'm sure I can make this comment.
From what I here he is that he is still included and a POV character just not as important as in the book. Is this true. Again this isn't really a spoiler.
Old May 15th, 2012, 06:42 PM #11
> Big_Pun
Banned

Big_Pun
Banned

Multiple Man wrote: View Post

I'm continually amazed by how well they've managed to portray the humanity in Cersei while still making her one of the most dangerous people to mess with.
Most of the characters in the series (TV and novels both) are like that. Very few people are entirely white or entirely black, which is what makes it so interesting. Even the characters who seem the most noble and honorable (Ned Stark, for example) have a bit of darkness in them, while someone like Cersei can still have some redeeming qualities as well.

I'm on the fourth book now and I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't read the novels, but you'll definitely see more of that as the TV series progresses. More and more, the people you think are entirely good or entirely evil prove very much otherwise.

comicgeek wrote: View Post

From what I here he is that he is still included and a POV character just not as important as in the book. Is this true. Again this isn't really a spoiler.
He's still featured fairly heavily in A Clash of Kings, but not as a POV character. Instead, all his scenes are in Catelyn's chapters. He's still a big part of the book, though, and I think he receives as much exposition as any other non-POV character.
Big_Pun is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 09:11 PM #12
> Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

Robb's war is featured off-page in the second book. It was changed in the show because, well, you can't have the actor sit out a season. And it works better to show than tell in a television medium.
Sir Koji is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 04:50 AM #13
> Bread
Part of that world

Bread
Part of that world

I see. I hope we see more of Lysa, Catelyn's wack job of a sister. Don't spoil it anyone that knows the answer. I hated her character, just something about her.
Old May 16th, 2012, 05:00 AM #14
> Spoony Spoonerson
...like a WRECKING BALL!

Spoony Spoonerson
...like a WRECKING BALL!

I see. I hope we see more of Lysa, Catelyn's wack job of a sister. Don't spoil it anyone that knows the answer. I hated her character, just something about her.
Was that the one that was breastfeeding the 10 year old son who's only line was constantly repeating "make the bad man fly!" like a looped recorder? I'm not sure I could take it if they featured more heavily.
Spoony Spoonerson is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 09:10 AM #15
> GokaiCaptain
Samba Ranger!!

GokaiCaptain
Samba Ranger!!

And Theon what he did to those children makes me sick. I don't know why but I have a secret liking for Cersei. She isn't pure evil like Jeoffery. She is a selfish evil, she will do whatever it takes to protect her self and her family. Yes, she does go far sometimes but I feel Jeoffery Jamie and Theon are much much worse. I love Tyrion though.
Every time I see Theon doing something to the people of Winterfell, I think to myself, "This is a character with daddy issues."
GokaiCaptain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 10:55 AM #16
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

Great show for shore, it as sad my favorite character died in Season 1 !!
Akumaru is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 02:31 PM #17
> Bread
Part of that world

Bread
Part of that world

Spoony Spoonerson wrote: View Post

Was that the one that was breastfeeding the 10 year old son who's only line was constantly repeating "make the bad man fly!" like a looped recorder? I'm not sure I could take it if they featured more heavily.
Yes it was. I meant it in the sense of we didn't get much resolution on Lysa's character. Catelyn just kind of left
Old May 16th, 2012, 06:01 PM #18
> darkshadowranger
Give me vodka.

darkshadowranger
Give me vodka.

gotta love that Game of thrones is filmed right beside my house
darkshadowranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 06:07 PM #19
> Bread
Part of that world

Bread
Part of that world

darkshadowranger wrote: View Post

gotta love that Game of thrones is filmed right beside my house
I.Hate.You Does having the set near you effect your appreciation of the series
Old May 16th, 2012, 06:12 PM #20
> TheGreatD
Greatness Time!

TheGreatD
Greatness Time!

I thought I wasn't going to be able to bounce back from "The Death" but I have a few new favorite characters. Davos & Brienne are very well acted. The Tywin & Arya convos are some of the best in the series. And Jaime is still so multilayerd. And I'm proud of Tyrion taking top billing now.
TheGreatD is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
everyone dies, my big fat purple wedding, pain and tears, red wedding crashers