RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Discussions
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old September 6th, 2014, 02:39 AM   #1021
JaimeZeo
K, then.

MoonsKnight wrote: View Post

It's kind of a shame to think that we may never get another Hibiki (FYI, Hibiki is my favorite titular Rider, if not my favorite Rider in general).
I 100% agree with this. Hibiki as a series is one of but not my favourite series, but the man himself is easily my favourite main rider. The youth thing isn't necessarily a new thing (the cast of 555 for example seemed noticeably younger than the surrounding series) but I'd pinpoint Den-O as the turning point, and the change in direction in Riders can likely be attributed to how successful it was. There's a definite shift in story focus and characters from the early Heisei series and Den-O onwards, moreso than any other series.
JaimeZeo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2014, 03:19 AM   #1022
Ataruman
Heat/Trigger

I think that you could say that you do get a "balance", if you call it that, with Shotaro and Phillip in that sort of trend. Shotaro may be more like more recent Riders, but at least he had the training from his boss and just didn't really have the brains due to his brash personality of "let's just do something about it". On the other hand, Phillip is more the naive, child-like member of the W duo, who does seem more like the Den-O and beyond Riders, but he actually has wisdom due to his access to the Gaia Library and the ability to research anything. Generally the W cast is pretty good regarding that, with really most of the problems (at least from the hero side) associated with various buffoonery or troublesome aspects regarding their personality even if the whole cast mostly is rather competent.

-----

Still have portable drives problems...dunno if anyone really cares to miss it but the moment I get something resolved, I'll have that Skyrider review.
Ataruman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2014, 03:58 AM   #1023
MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

Ataruman wrote: View Post

I think that you could say that you do get a "balance", if you call it that, with Shotaro and Phillip in that sort of trend. Shotaro may be more like more recent Riders, but at least he had the training from his boss and just didn't really have the brains due to his brash personality of "let's just do something about it". On the other hand, Phillip is more the naive, child-like member of the W duo, who does seem more like the Den-O and beyond Riders, but he actually has wisdom due to his access to the Gaia Library and the ability to research anything. Generally the W cast is pretty good regarding that, with really most of the problems (at least from the hero side) associated with various buffoonery or troublesome aspects regarding their personality even if the whole cast mostly is rather competent.
Sho/Phil are the same in different ways, but together, they create the same sort of neo-Heisei Rider basis. Shotaro is the pretty simple-minded with a good heart. Philip may have all the knowledge of the Earth, but he still very much acts like a child, and he doesn't have the experience to know how to properly interact with others around him. I wouldn't really call him "wise," as wisdom generally comes from learning from life experiences. As Phil learned in the series, you can have all of the knowledge in the world, but that doesn't necessarily make you the smartest person in the room.
MoonsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2014, 06:42 AM   #1024
Ataruman
Heat/Trigger

I finally got the matter resolved...sort of. So without further ado...

Skyrider 19: I think those howls in the megaphone were just Ookamijin saying "HELLO FOLKS! HELLO FOLKS!" in his own way.

So last time we left with a bit of a cliffhanger: the Sky Turbo had a bomb planted on it when Skyrider wasn't looking and was set to go off. That...really didn't quite matter in the long run, due to the sensor Hiroshi had and...driving Sky Turbo into the water to loosen the bomb to get away from the bike. Yeah, it just really wasn't too much other than an attempt at a cliffhanger.

On the other hand, the main plot involved...a headless werewolf. No seriously, our Neo-Shocker Kaijin was actually a werewolf who can pop off his head. His plot: stealing a sound device...that doesn't quite make people explode but does still kill them. And when you're an assassin/werewolf, really killing is good regardless of whether someone dies or just explodes. One thing I found neat was that even though he's a kaijin, he actually really felt like a werewolf with his human form having claws and hair on his chest and his first transformation being a classic Universal-style one. Ookamijin was rather effective once installing the "assasination sound" and it was hilarious that his trump card was a combination of that and a megaphone held by a bunch of Ari Commandos to blast the town. There was something about a scientist who gets hurt and his son being targeted as well (he was named "Toshiki" and the episode was written by Masaru Igami...thinking about your son?) but really its all about Hiroshi fighting a killer headless werewolf, so really you don't need to worry too much about the plot. (otherwise I don't really get why we have the new girls, since they seem a tad ditzier than the last set from earlier on)

Well as great as things have been so far...Hiroshi may have some problems next time. I guess its time that someone "stronger" comes along to help him out.
Old September 7th, 2014, 12:00 AM   #1025
timegold
Destroyer of Particles

Agito 26-27: Kikaider? HeatTrigger?

Notable in this arc is the weird lighting prevalent in many of the scenes. It just adds an eerie tone on top of all the mystery; even the answers to some of these long-standing questions are quite creepy.

At long last, Shouichi meets Shouichi - or Sawaki, as he now calls himself. And it certainly doesn't live up to the happy resolution he expected; he had even set up a grand feast before leaving, and the memories of his sister gave him a smile wider than any he ever had. And boy, did that fall apart so quickly. Understandably (as this is an Inoue series), Shouichi just barely misses Sawaki the first time, having been interrupted. And when he did return to that sparsely furnished, heavily secured, dim house of Sawaki's, he learned a truth that hurt, one that tarnished the joyous memories of his sister on the beach or the proud memories of her sending him to culinary school. Plenty was revealed about Yukina - her special powers that she couldn't control, her relationship with the man now known as Sawaki, the toll her powers took on her and her relationship, why she committed suicide. Such information was traumatic enough; it's a wonder if that caused his re-amnesia as he returned to his innocent state. On the other hand, Sawaki is still keeping him in the dark. For one, Sawaki waited until Shouichi left before saying that Shouichi is the one humanity needs, the one who can transcend one's ego to wisely wield special powers. Sawaki's hiding Shouichi's role from him, and for that matter, whatever connection it may have had to Yukina's powers. Additionally, there's one thing that was left unrevealed: if Sawaki really was Shouichi before renouncing that name, who was Shouichi really? The omission of something as basic as his identity, in addition to all the other important information, may have partly contributed to Shouichi's return to his amnesiac state instead of his true self.

Sawaki may believe that someone like Shouichi is necessary to wield supernatural powers, yet he continues to track down Akatsuki survivors and awaken their powers. Whether he's trying to find backups in case Shouichi doesn't work out or whether he's trying to raise a mass army of perfect supernaturals, he hasn't had a good track record with candidates. First Aki, and now Katsuhiko, have failed to live up to their potential, not being able to ward off the Unknown, and furthermore, going on some murderous streak after some ill-informed paranoia set in. Katsuhiko, in fact, bound Ryou to a fence the same way that Aki did to the police officers. Considering what has been happening to Akatsuki survivors, it's no wonder that panic would set in, though these hysteric responses are a problem - even Masumi, who hasn't had any powers awakened, tried to kill Ryou not once but twice, and one time, she had orders from someone named Kino. It's a mystery why they believe Ryou is at fault, especially since he tried to save them; Ryou just can't get a break, whether he's being stonewalled from information or whether he's killed to death.

Agito has unlocked a new form, a combination of his old ones. It's corrolated with his memory return (though whether it's connected is anyone's guess at this point; his powers don't explicitly explain themselves), and it gave him the boost he needed. With the wielding of dual distinct weapons and the asymmetrical form, it may symbolize an imbalance of some sort, reflecting his psyche after all the revelations. It also could represent unity in some sense, considering it takes parts from all three of his forms.
timegold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2014, 12:46 AM   #1026
tasti man LH
Never fear, *I* am here!

...and it was at this point in Agito that I realized that we have a plotline that could have come out of an X-Men comic.
tasti man LH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2014, 05:19 AM   #1027
Ataruman
Heat/Trigger

Faiz 6: I wonder if "cleaners" is now going to be a thing for what Takumi wants to do as Faiz?

It seems rather peculiar regarding the matters that have drawn together several Orphonochs who really aren't just the corporate stooges that typically work for Smart Brain. Kiba, Yuka and now Naoya, the Orphenoch "created" last time by the teacher, all just seem like down-on-their luck kids who have a lot of problems, die and end up mutated into these zombie killers who happen to have animal attributes. Those that they have killed generally been those who have caused them problems instead of really malicious or bad people (Kiba: his traitorous girlfriend and her beau; Yuka: the bullies on her basketball team; Naoya: the corporate raider this time) and they just want to make out what exactly has happened and if they really do need to fall into the line that Smart Brain wants them to be in now they are Orphonochs and are essentially under them. In some ways, though, the episode is more or less about coincidences that allow for connections between the Takumi/Mari/Keitarou set while leading to multiple connections with the Orphonochs. Mari continues to try and reach her "father" and they nearly steal Kiba's badge in order to get into Smart Brain; while Keitaro ends up with Yuka's cell, without realizing she's the one he's been in contact with and suddenly stopped talking to. And as for Naoya: he seems to be the basis for this time's cliffhanger, with his attack on a bad person taken as a sign for Takumi to act, with Kiba seeing him as bad due to seeing Naoya as a friend. Its hard to see or say how this is going to be resolved, considering that Naoya was somewhat in the right even if killing may or may not really be the answer, but that probably will be for next time. (oh and Keitaro nearly gets screwed for advertising the cleaning place in a supermarket...he could have at least checked out first before being chased off for soliciting!)

-----

Skyrider 20: You know I don't even want to know where Saidump got that tripod leg installed...

Obviously, the forces set up in Japan to deal with Skyrider has not been very good up to now; but as we've seen, Neo-Shocker has been way more successful throughout the rest of the world. Thus with Admiral Majin not working well with the Japanese kaijin up to now, it was time he decided to bring in some outside help...two of them in fact. Kurageron from Hong Kong and Saidump from India both have been part of successful measures and, somehow, both have power that has actually been useful against Skyrider as they prove in this first episode with one having a flexible body and the other...yeah, as I said, a tripod where the sun doesn't shine. (I sort of hope that's not why he's called Saidump). Unfortunately with one with the brains and the other...with a really gross anatomical situation, Hiroshi has a lot of problems dealing with both of them and his Sky Kick hasn't been very useful against them. However, he has someone watching over him...a guardian...um, Hercules Beetle? And with KR Stronger now entering the picture, maybe it could be easier to figure out how to defeat these kaijin and not make Hiroshi look like he's weaker considering the two Riders should be equal even with Skyrider not in the game as long so far. (then again I have a suggestion for Saidump but I'll wait for next time)
Old September 7th, 2014, 10:41 AM   #1028
SmashZ
Power Ranger

(otherwise I don't really get why we have the new girls, since they seem a tad ditzier than the last set from earlier on)
Like you might have noticed, although they phased out that comic relief reporter that never did anything, Skyrider in general becomes lighter after the changes. They outright introduce a comic relief sidekick/rival later on in the show, although those episodes haven't been subbed yet...

And with KR Stronger now entering the picture, maybe it could be easier to figure out how to defeat these kaijin and not make Hiroshi look like he's weaker considering the two Riders should be equal even with Skyrider not in the game as long so far.
Hey, there's a reason he's called Kamen Rider Stronger! What you've just said about Hiroshi being weaker does remind me of a scene from episode 21 though, when he talks with a child about the other Rider.
SmashZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2014, 05:51 PM   #1029
Ataruman
Heat/Trigger

Smashz: I never got that reporter. What was his point other than weird freak-out faces? And really I did like the older girl due to being a bit more on his side; heck I do get why they probably switched from the hang-gliding cover to the current set-up (for the most part Hiroshi's group were killed in ep 1 so what was the point now?), but the switch from the more serious girls to these two loons just feels evident in how the tone has changed.

-----

Faiz 7: If Naoya did destroy his guitar, he probably would have been one step closer to being a musician after all.

Should someone have a dream or should they just face the realities that are givne to them. This is a question for this two-parter where we have multiple characters who actually have dreams to pursue while Takumi, our hero, doesn't have anything that he wishes for himself. The main dream focus is on our new Orphonoch of the trio, Naoya, with his background revealed in being a genius guitar player who had pretty much been drifting around after an accident crushed the fingers of his playing hand. At the start of the episode, he had pretty much gone beyond giving up that dream and was prepared to destroy his entire former life now he is an Orphonoch, but he couldn't destroy the guitar due to it being something important and precious to him. Even if he lost his hand and likewise lost his life and become a "monster", the dream remains with him and he just can't give it up as easily as he would want to. This is further emphasized with him bonding with a boy who actually has his own guitar playing dreams, who is in a similar situation of having the real world crush him due to his parents thinking that he can't just waste his life away following a dream, but with Naoya there to help and inspire him to go forth, perhaps even to do what he couldn't do with his own guitar dreams. To further show that perhaps Naoya's own doubt on whether said dream was achievable and how he was held back from destroying it, he was all prepared to kill the students in the class he quit prior, only for another Orphonoch to have killed one already, thus showing someone else has a grudge and is much more active in driving vengence than Naoya was who was nearly able to but probably had some doubt due to the effects of Kiba and Yuka.

Further bonding the story is that the boy who is the focus of this two-parter has a mother who has consulted Keitaro in getting him back home. Keitaro's dream is to "clean the world of his problems" and thus his consultations are allowing for him to see another side of the problem and figure if this boy should follow the dream or go back with his mom. Mari, meanwhile, has finally decided to go to get a beautician job to follow the dreams she has, only she still needs practice to make it to the standard of the place she wants to work. Its hard and who knows if she will go through or not, but dreams are sometimes a lot hard to achieve than thought out. And of course there is Takumi, who doesn't believe in dreams and seems to only see the reality in front of him instead of people who go for something frivolous. Somehow whether he had a dream in the past or not, he just sees the way the world works now and can't be bothered by people going into fantasy over something they hope to achieve when there is the matter of current reality. He's just one who sees something and manages it day by day, such as the matter with this current Orphonoch, regardless of whoever it is and however it ties to the current story.
Old September 8th, 2014, 05:51 PM   #1030
Ataruman
Heat/Trigger

Faiz 8: I seriously hope Takumi returns Autovaijin's handlebar when he's done with it...it may still be an important body part.

Dreams: are they a gift to pursue to a goal or a curse that one strives to reach but may fail to do so? This is the question in the second part of this two-parter as we see the scenarios regarding the dreams that were bet upon in the first part: the boy who wants to play a guitar like how Naoya had been and Mari's dream of being a beautician. In the boy's case, he has a dream which he thinks will grant him something great and that he just has to practice in order to achieve it. Naoya wants him to succeed, but wants it in his place due to his hand becoming busted from the accident that made it hard for him to play guitar again. At the same time, Mari wants to pass the test to become a beautician at the shop she dreams to work for, but her problem involves passing the curling test with enough time to make her seem valuable to the shop. It does require practice...and while she does blame Takumi for failing the first time (seriously, I'm not sure how she's able to drop 15 minutes so easily between the first and second try unless it really was nerves that hindered her the first time and I don't think Takumi gave her those), she is able to use her dream to still motivate her to finally pass and become a beautician like she wants. In some ways this concept of dreams leads to the climax of the episode with two different Orphonochs being faced by the parallel vengeance duo: Kiba takes out the teacher who crushed Naoya's hand to get back at destroying the genius of his new friend, while Takumi takes out another Smart Brain thug sent to eliminate Mari for what she did prior by eliminating her while she tries to get into the beauty shop. Its sad to see Naoya destroy his guitar when he probably could still bring joy to it but the reason he did it did sort of make sense: even if he can't play as well as he used to, his dream is still alive in the boy he gave his technique to and thus he can continue to live on even if he doesn't play anymore.
Old September 8th, 2014, 08:09 PM   #1031
timegold
Destroyer of Particles

Ataruman, I'm glad you're catching the parallels and anti-parallels. It's this arc where they really became evident (with what you said about their dreams), and it's only going to be taken further.
Old September 9th, 2014, 04:23 PM   #1032
Ataruman
Heat/Trigger

The parallels are interesting given we have both a protagonist trio and a trio of Orphonochs and both tend to give off ideas that are important for what's going on.

-----

Faiz 9: He sleeps during the meetings...yeah, he's probably evil.

If Smart Brain wasn't as enigmatic as it already was, then this episode continues to just add more mysteries to them and what they're about with the introduction of the president...who isn't Mari's adopted father. In fact its tough to note who he is...except that he's probably some sort of Orphonoch if the ending has anything to add regarding it with the ability to make massive Frieza bursts with his hands. Somehow someone mentioned "its too early for him to be president" during that final scene with him, which makes me wonder if this has something to do with him skipping some sort of detail on the order when he can/can't be president or if he's waiting for another moment and that he just happened to take it this early. (maybe...the "king" they were mentioning before?) Regardless, said "president" is the one that Mari finally gets to meet regardless of it not being her dad, and somehow she ends up actually trusting him enough to give back the Faiz belt...which I don't think is really the right move and even Takumi agrees. Even aside from the shadiness of who he is and what he can do, there is the whole factor that Smart Brain is the same company that is somehow associated/behind all the Orphonochs, and thus the whole idea of security makes no sense if Smart Brain not only controls these monsters, but also the means to fight said monsters simultaneously. Whatever the Faiz belt's true purpose is, it doesn't seem to be merely to fight Orphonochs or else Smart Brain wouldn't want it back so badly as it has.

Meanwhile we seem to have a continued intermingling between the Takumi trio and the Kiba trio in their interactions. Takumi and Mari end up being saved from a coffee shop messup by Kiba who pays for their drinks and seems to want to continue to improve relations if not to give in to the Orphonoch side he has. Yuka encounters Keitaro again, while neither seem to realize the other were their penpal from before, but hopefully that's a matter of time. As for Naoya...well, he seemed like he wanted to actually go and fight making it appear he was going to be just another Orphonoch raiding and killing humans...except at the end of the episode, he now is...um, our new Faiz. So...our nutty president chose him of all people to be Faiz when its not in Takumi's hands...or is there something else going on?
Old September 10th, 2014, 08:32 AM   #1033
Merlin
Earth's Legendary Blades

Last year, Uchusen magazine called White Wizard "Kamen Rider Wiseman" in a Twitter post. It said this was from info it received to do a Wizard retro editorial. Did anyone ever get a scan of this editorial?
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2014, 08:48 AM   #1034
timegold
Destroyer of Particles

If that's true, that would certainly explain why he never revealed his Rider name, only going by his descriptor.

Haruto's Phantom was originally just Dragon, but eventually adopted the name WizarDragon, while Wizard gained his Dragon Styles. So it wouldn't be the first time that the Rider and the Phantom forms would share a common name, reflecting the power source that highlights the Kamen Rider archetype.

What would've become of the Mages if any of their Phantoms got expressed? Could they have gotten unique forms from that?
Old September 10th, 2014, 08:58 AM   #1035
Merlin
Earth's Legendary Blades

Probably. Mayu's was some kind of spiky crystalline creature, and Yuzuru's is an insect, but they don't have names.
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2014, 09:39 AM   #1036
SmashZ
Power Ranger

I never got that reporter. What was his point other than weird freak-out faces?
He was probably there for comic relief. Skyrider was very serious in the beginning, so I guess they thought about adding humor through a comic relief character, without getting in the way of the main cast.

And really I did like the older girl due to being a bit more on his side; heck I do get why they probably switched from the hang-gliding cover to the current set-up (for the most part Hiroshi's group were killed in ep 1 so what was the point now?), but the switch from the more serious girls to these two loons just feels evident in how the tone has changed.
Yumi, the girl who appeared after the first episode, gets out of the hospital later on in the 30s, but Midori, the one who was around from episode 1, never recovers afterwards. Skyrider still will have some darker parts later but it doesn't go back to that early atmosphere again.
SmashZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2014, 09:43 AM   #1037
Ataruman
Heat/Trigger

The reporter in Skyrider never worked. Seriously he just randomly appears, a monster appears and he just freaks out. It never worked. I don't mind characters who make weird faces (see Genta Umemori), but that guy was just a waste of space. (I did have one hope near the end of his appearances that he was actually killed by a Neo-Shocker monster attack but unfortunately there he was next episode)

-----

Edit: Yeah, maybe I should have held off on the response until now.

Faiz 10: So if you kill humans and they're jerks...that's still killing humans, right?

With the mysterious new president of Smart Brain (who isn't Mari's father...er, adopted father) in control, it appears that his first action is to try and clean house regarding the Orphonoch populations; particularly those who don't have the killer instinct that he desires or who want to live in peace with their human counterparts. Amazingly with the Faiz belt back in his possession, he seems to want to use that as his assassin, thus giving a different face to it...even if it tends to be that Orphonochs end up wearing the belt in the first place. (outside Takumi...so far...) It does seem rather lucky that with this sudden urge of cleaning house that he would happen to find a bored Naoya who is willing and able to use this to get this killer instinct within himself out there. To him, whether a human dies or a faulty Orphonoch dies, it still relieves boredom and thus allows for him to just do whatever the heck he wants. However its tough to say if he's doing this because he just wants to due to boredom in being an Orphonoch with not much else to do or if this is some sort of defiance in regards to trying to not believe that what Kiba is saying is true, that he isn't as evil as he tries to make himself out to be through his image. Kiba sees their group as a protector of humanity (even if...they're monsters), while Naoya just wants to weed out the weak, whether it is Orphonoch or human; when the two end up facing each other due to this, we don't get any clear conclusions but we do see that Naoya isn't willing to kill Kiba for his ideals even if he's the type the president warned about in regards to Orphonochs who don't do anything to help the bottom line. I can't say is if it is due to friendship or just not wanting to go all the way but it does allow Kiba to get his point across and thus remove the belt from him...and back into Takumi's hands. (who for some strange reason had mixed reactions in no longer being Faiz, either in not wanting the responsibility and being happy he lost it...or in dreaming he was Faiz again even when he wasn't)

Weirdly in the midst of all this, we have other Orphonoch problems going on that show other aspects of what's going on. Yuka for one seems to continue to go on about supporting Kiba's concepts of living with humans, but unlike him is still willing to kill humans, but only those who seem to show themselves as jerks or piss her off. I don't get how "flirting" ends up with a mark of death for three jerks, but unfortunately she seems to be somewhere in the middle between Kiba's unwillingness to kill (even if he has in the past) and Naoya's desire to kill even if its just disobedient Orphonochs, let alone humans. The Slug Orphonoch of this two-parter likewise didn't seem like he wanted to kill and was just doing random acts of weirdness with his power, proving that you can suppress bloodlust...but somehow once Smart Lady gives him a warning, he kills and gets said bloodlust activated; making me wonder if necessarily the only reason Orphonochs get this desire to kill is because they have the power to kill and thus is makes them want more the more they do it. And...meanwhile Yuka is getting a strange photo of a picture associated with that underground classroom...as for where its from and what it has to do with anything (as well as the strange new Rider at the end), that will have time tell.

Last edited by Ataruman; September 10th, 2014 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Eh, should have restrained myself from posting earlier
Old September 11th, 2014, 04:52 PM   #1038
Ataruman
Heat/Trigger

Faiz 11: Never mess with a big black guy who keeps a chihuahua.

It seems like even when they don't want to encounter each other, the Takumi and Kiba groups keep doing so over and over for some reason or another. This time, it is both Keitarou and Mari that once again lead to the interactions, with Mari needing to get her wallet back from their apartment and ending up taking care of Naoya for a bit and Keitaro ending up having a date with Yuka after finally getting time to send a message...to Yuka. Unfortunately, I'm not sure I like the direction the Keitaro-Yuka pairing is going, because it just seems ridiculous that these two keep talking to each other and yet at the same time keep anonymous conversations through their cellphones. I guess its trying to turn this into a modern-day "The Shop Around the Corner"/"You've Got Mail", but unfortunately those were built on tension where the two who love each other through mail don't seem to like each other in real life...when Keitaro and Yuka got it off instantly both over e-mail and real life. It just feels unrealistic and the fact that Keitaro had her cell a while back and didn't even look inside it and realized it was her just makes it all the more convoluted and nuts. (sure it would be invasion of privacy...but at least it wouldn't make me feel like they're just skirting the obvious with these two)

Meanwhile, the president has decided to call on his elite Orphonochs to take care of Faiz, probably knowing about the screw-up of Naoya last time letting Takumi get back the Faiz Belt and thus ruining his own plans of how he was going to use it for his own purposes. Lucky Clover does seem like an eccentric group so far, and of course the "big bruiser" J happens to be our first member to go out into the field, easily crushing Faiz after a set-up involving Takumi seeing that there is another one of the belts actually out there...and then having the informant die before they meet him. J is a powerful one I do admit, so much that our new Rider, Kaixa, has decided to help him out...but will we know that quickly who Kaixa is considering the mystery so far of two episodes?
Old September 11th, 2014, 07:57 PM   #1039
timegold
Destroyer of Particles

Ataruman wrote: View Post

It just feels unrealistic and the fact that Keitaro had her cell a while back and didn't even look inside it and realized it was her just makes it all the more convoluted and nuts. (sure it would be invasion of privacy...but at least it wouldn't make me feel like they're just skirting the obvious with these two)
Oh, you know. Some girls would just kill over such an invasion of privacy... not that Keitaro would know anything about that, though he does try to stay on the polite side.
Old September 12th, 2014, 05:22 AM   #1040
MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

In re-watching Agito, I realized something that I think I forgot about when I watched it years ago: there sure are a LOT of conveniently unlocked doors in this show. You could almost make a game out of it. When someone knocks on a door, take a shot every time nobody answers and they can waltz right in. And literally the one time a door is actually locked, the guy gets attacked by an Unknown. Go figure.

Also, to whoever is also watching Agito, make sure you watch the "A New Transformation" special, which is out of continuity with the actual series (it's meant to lead right into the Project G4 movie), but it's still meant to be watched between episode 35 and 36. I had forgotten that Shining Form doesn't actually get a proper introduction in the series - when he transforms to his final form in episode 37, he can just kind of already use it.
MoonsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote