Home Menu

Menu

Old October 24th, 2015, 10:42 AM #2021
> DragonBuckler7
Shark ***e

DragonBuckler7
Shark ***e

LeRaposa wrote: View Post

Are Kamen Rider Zo and J any good? The suits seem cool and J is played by Prince Geki.
ZO has a great looking villain and J has the honor of having the ability to transform into a giant. I'd say watch them both. But I think J sticks out more of the two because of the Giant form ability. Heck in the Kamen Rider World Special where ZO and J team up, J is given most of the spot light.
Something I approve of!

Edit: Well yes, Kamen Rider #1 did turn into a giant once, and so did Decade...But J's whole gimmick is becoming a giant in addition to typical Rider powers. Plus his giant Rider Kick is epic good! Even Saban Brands used the scene in their "Saban's Masked Rider" TV show!

Last edited by DragonBuckler7; October 24th, 2015 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Added a sentence
DragonBuckler7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2015, 10:52 AM #2022
> timegold
Destroyer of Particles

timegold
Destroyer of Particles

DragonBuckler7 wrote: View Post

ZO has a great looking villain
Are we talking about stop-motion monster, genetic soup monster, or weird-eyed monster?
timegold is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2015, 11:00 AM #2023
> DragonBuckler7
Shark ***e

DragonBuckler7
Shark ***e

timegold wrote: View Post

Are we talking about stop-motion monster, genetic soup monster, or weird-eyed monster?
Doras. So weird eye. But Neo Organism is a unique villain too.
Old October 24th, 2015, 01:17 PM #2024
> Ataruman
Heat/Trigger

Ataruman
Heat/Trigger

Black RX 33: Seriously, Deathgiller, I thought you had more respect for your old teammate Dr. Iguana!

Its a common lore in KR series: when in doubt, go to some other location and hope for a different result. This time its the Crisis Empire's turn to take Shikoku in hopes of trying to set up a better position for their empire's resettlement, with Desumader watching over them to make sure that it all turns out alright. The plan: energize a bomb placed in one of Gedorian's monsters and have it blow up a bridge that connects Shikoku to the mainland. Of course Kotaro ends up finding out about the bomb and heads to Shikoku...and magically Reiko had an assignment there already and thus she's there too. Its a rather general episode that happens to be on location, with it ultimately failing but somehow Desumader not really that worried since somehow he made a deal with Gatezone to let him have his turn in doing a Shikoku plan. Will it turn out better; that's for next time to find out.
Ataruman is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2015, 11:45 PM #2025
> Chiron723
Power Ranger

Chiron723
Power Ranger

Akiba Black wrote: View Post

We also have the 3 movie Riders (Shin, ZO, and J).
As I mentioned right in where you quoted.
Chiron723 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2015, 12:01 AM #2026
> timegold
Destroyer of Particles

timegold
Destroyer of Particles

Black RX 34: Dancer-spy who's a philanthropist at Christmas. Circus performer with a thing for anpan. Galactic cop. And now... supermarket clerk.

This isn't the first time that it's happened on this show: that there are psychic kids out there who are casually treated by Kotaro as a common occurrence. Really, shouldn't someone be concerned that this is some widespread phenomenon? Where's Houjou in all this? Considering it's not the first time that this type of plot point was brought up, it makes for a strange setting, but it may work as a hint for something - who knows, maybe Crisis is everywhere and no one realizes it. Or, more likely, it attests to the weird ideas coming from the writer of this show, the same writer who decided that Dasmader should disguise himself as a woman for no particular reason (which was effective for what it was, but still weird). Though while psychic kids are a perfectly normal occurrence in this world, missing kids apparently aren't, and therefore must be Crisis... it's kind of a foregone conclusion at this point that everything that's not to be blamed on Gorgom is to be blamed on Crisis. Especially when there's some sort of psychic institute to move the entire island of Shikoku and use it as a Crisis aircraft base... seriously, there are better ways of doing that, and are they really still obsessing over that one bridge?

More importantly, there's an impact to Crisis craziness, and in particular, there's the father of one of the missing boys. Kujo might not be in much of a fighting shape, but he's dedicated, so much so that he even found Crisis's base before Kotaro did. It's also something that the supermarket didn't mind that he was using company time and resources to do so, and were even willing to put up notices to help with the search. Then again, a parent does not want his last moment with his kid to be where the kid says he hates him (but nor does the parent want to clean up after the kid's mess, whether it's from toppling a pile of oranges or wrecking a whole island). So there's some sentiment there; on the other hand, it also means that Kotaro's secret identity is spreading wider and wider - even if people are trusting him for the moment, does the King Stone's prediction have any degree of merit?
timegold is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2015, 04:55 AM #2027
> DragonBuckler7
Shark ***e

DragonBuckler7
Shark ***e

I have yet to see Shin. I'm thinking it's horror style won't mesh well with my tastes. In some ways ZO was stomach turning... What's the thoughts on Shin folks?
(I've seen his transformation scene already)
Old October 25th, 2015, 06:25 AM #2028
> Ataruman
Heat/Trigger

Ataruman
Heat/Trigger

Shin is an interesting experiment; I liked the ultra-violence (its rather hilarious in retrospect since it really does get across the idea of Shin as a true "monster") but some of the story and elements aren't that good, such as the "love story" and the weird ending elements.

-----

Black RX 34: You know if the kid keeps claiming he has psychic powers, his dad should have just done the easy thing: take him to Denzi Land and check him out!

This series really has had a tough time figuring out what its focus is going to be other than "let's fight Kotaro fight Crisis". First it was a slightly comedic series where he fights Crisis in secret, then the whole matter of working with the rebels alongside Joe the Haze. Now all of a sudden Reiko's in on it and there is this whole obsession with psychic children, like we saw with the water arc and now in this storyline in the second part of the Shikoku storyline. The episode more or less involves a boy who is abducted by Crisis and his father (seriously, why was Kenji Ohba a Ranger and a Space Sheriff and not a Rider!?) recruiting Kotaro and Reiko to help find him alongside him. The scheme is rather much a bigger version of the last one of making Shikoku into a Crisis headquarters by separating it from the Japanese arcapelago, with the bridge essentially destroyed from its movement, but using psychic children empowered by some weird device to amplify their powers. There isn't much more to it than that but it was great seeing Ohba again in KR; it isn't like his epic cameo in the Kamen Rider ZO movie but it was still Kenji Ohba as a dad so it worked.
Old October 25th, 2015, 06:50 AM #2029
> DragonBuckler7
Shark ***e

DragonBuckler7
Shark ***e

THE ultra violence concerns me. Not cuz it exists but cuz I'm weak of stomach. Well i guess i won't know til i see it right?
Rumors around the grapevine say that Shin's ending called for a second part that never panned out.
Old October 25th, 2015, 07:04 AM #2030
> Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Chiron723 wrote: View Post

As I mentioned right in where you quoted.
Ah so you did, didn't notice that part at first.

THE ultra violence concerns me. Not cuz it exists but cuz I'm weak of stomach. Well i guess i won't know til i see it right?
Rumors around the grapevine say that Shin's ending called for a second part that never panned out.
Considering the full title is Shin: Kamen Rider Prologue, I'd say that's a pretty safe bet. I would like to see some kind of continuation of Shin later down the line though, even if it's an indirect one like Kamen Rider Taisen was to ZX. At the very least let him get a few lines of dialouge in a future movie.
Akiba Black is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2015, 07:19 AM #2031
> DragonBuckler7
Shark ***e

DragonBuckler7
Shark ***e

I wasn't keeping up with the Heisei VS Showa movie at the time. So imagine my surprise when ZX showed up. It seems like Tori's slowly bringing the Showa riders back to the spot light. I'm sure Shin could get some screen time. Maybe. (Still holding out for a J and ZO team up cameo myself.)
Old October 25th, 2015, 07:39 AM #2032
> Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

I wasn't keeping up with the Heisei VS Showa movie at the time. So imagine my surprise when ZX showed up. It seems like Tori's slowly bringing the Showa riders back to the spot light. I'm sure Shin could get some screen time. Maybe. (Still holding out for a J and ZO team up cameo myself.)
The villian group from the movie, Badan also comes from ZX, hence why I consider Hesei VS Showa an indirect sequel to it of sorts.
Akiba Black is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2015, 06:41 PM #2033
> WatcherMark
Wubbalubbadubdub!

WatcherMark
Wubbalubbadubdub!

Just watched all of Gaim for the first time in a marathon and my god, I don't know how the hell I missed this the first time because it's a pretty amazing series. I think it's the first Toku I've seen with one long continuous story throughout, and I loved the fact it played around with the standard 'Monster of the Week' plot by actually having each episode advance the story and having the various Riders beat up each other as much as the other Riders.

By far my favourite aspect was Takatora and Mitsuzane's stories, and how we saw Takatora slowly regret his choices and turn good while Micchi went the other way. Also, I loved how gradual Micchi's turn to the dark side was and how one mis-step led to another then another and before anyone knew it he was a completely different person.

So as I said, excellent show. I may have to make marathoning Rider series a regular thing.
WatcherMark is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2015, 05:02 AM #2034
> DragonBuckler7
Shark ***e

DragonBuckler7
Shark ***e

I was thinking about it and RX's absorbing the sun's rays to become RX is odd. Black was constantly exposed to sun light...so why didn't he upgrade to RX than? Was it because the King Stone was spilt? Why would that make a difference? Or am I missing any info?
Old October 28th, 2015, 05:22 AM #2035
> Merlin
Emerald Enchanter

Merlin
Emerald Enchanter

I was thinking about it and RX's absorbing the sun's rays to become RX is odd. Black was constantly exposed to sun light...so why didn't he upgrade to RX than? Was it because the King Stone was spilt? Why would that make a difference? Or am I missing any info?
Yes. When the King Stone split from exposure to solar radiation in space, it became the Sunriser, and that's when he became responsive to sunlight.
Merlin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2015, 02:55 PM #2036
> DragonBuckler7
Shark ***e

DragonBuckler7
Shark ***e

Merlin wrote: View Post

Yes. When the King Stone split from exposure to solar radiation in space, it became the Sunriser, and that's when he became responsive to sunlight.
Wasn't the King Stone spilt when Crisis shot a energy blast at his stomach\belt area. If i recall Crisis built their weapons to defeat Black specifically. Which is why his RX form threw them for a loop.
But that begs the question Kotaro fought many monsters during the day so why didn't the sun's rays affect his King Stone? (Yes I'm sure being in space brought him closer solar rays and such but when your constantly outside you'd think his King Stone would effect the Black suit and powers before hand)

Shin Kamen Rider Prologue Movie Review.

A interesting concept tarnished by bad pacing and a few plot holes.

So Shin's father works for a lab and it seems that lab is funded by "an Organization." Who they are, or what they are is up for grabs because the movie tells us nothing about them! I'm not entirely show how the "Chief's" sidekick is or became a Cyborg Solider. But he is one and Shin gets him something good. "Kamen Rider Kombat!"
Which, speaking of Shin, man is he a typical Rider. He's in shape, healthy, and is an expert Bike Rider. He'd make Hongo jealous! But I liked the fact that Shin actually used his bike in the movie. At least until he seemingly gained Kabuto's "Clock Up" speed. Confusing.
It seems another scientist working in the same lab as Shin's pops was working on mixing human and grasshopper DNA to create a super solider Cyborg. Since this worked well with the Organization's goals they let this man run wild. During this time it seems he turned himself and Shin into grasshopper Cyborgs, thou Shin has no idea of this! Oh and they are linked!
But he ends up dying in flames, nasty. Moving on, Shin's first transformation into his Rider form is what you'd expect if such a thing could happen. It's terrifying, grotesque, and disturbing. His second transformation is actually pretty cool. It feels very Gavan like, it certainly conveys the sense that Shin has made the powers his own.
Also Shin's baby grasshopper fetus is terrifying! Just oh God! I thought Neo Organism was ugly, boy was I wrong! Dead wrong.
But I did feel bad for Shin, unlike other Rider's he's truly a monster. Oh and I believe Mr. Ishinomori pulls a "Stan Lee cameo" in this film. But unlike Lee, it lacks flair and comedy. Also I swear I've seen the CIA girl somewhere before. Is she Anri from Juspion?!
Well with Shin's story incomplete I can say that out of the three Rider Movies that Kamen Rider J is still my favorite film and far more kid friendly than ZO and Shin.

Last edited by DragonBuckler7; October 28th, 2015 at 02:55 PM.
Old October 29th, 2015, 07:03 AM #2037
> LeRaposa
Power Ranger

LeRaposa
Power Ranger

I've watched 19 episodes of Agito so far and I think I'm going to move on to a different series. I had high hopes for the series but it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. I also don't really like some of the characters. The G3 crew is far more interesting than Shouichi. It's a shame the show wasn't focused on them. Any thoughts on Agito though as a show? I'm thinking about watching Kiva or Ryuki next. Both look like interesting shows.
LeRaposa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2015, 07:16 AM #2038
> Merlin
Emerald Enchanter

Merlin
Emerald Enchanter

I wouldn't give up on Agito, it definitely gets better. But if you're moving on, I highly recommend Kiva.
Merlin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2015, 07:28 AM #2039
> LeRaposa
Power Ranger

LeRaposa
Power Ranger

Merlin wrote: View Post

I wouldn't give up on Agito, it definitely gets better. But if you're moving on, I highly recommend Kiva.
I think I will move on. Kiva is the Vampire one right? I think I'll enjoy that. Horror + Kamen Rider is a pretty cool mix.
LeRaposa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2015, 07:49 AM #2040
> Ataruman
Heat/Trigger

Ataruman
Heat/Trigger

I had problems with Agito but it is an interesting experiment with its "triple focus" on the three main Riders. And yeah, the G3(-X) crew is way more interesting and fascinating to watch than Agito or Gills.