RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Discussions
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old September 8th, 2017, 04:54 PM   #1
Aaendi
Power Ranger

Possible Mandella effect, "A little toy bus/car to play with!"

When I was little I remember an episode where Goldar was giant sized and picks up a school bus thinking it's a toy and says "A little toy bus to play with" and even goes "vroom vroom" with it, while Bulk and Skull are being tossed around on the inside.

So this scene actually happens in "Eclipse of the Megazord" with giant-sized Goldar picking up the bus with Bulk in Skull, however Goldar never says the "little toy bus" line or says "vroom vroom".

However I found out that the line is actually said in another episode, "Enter the Lizzinator", except for it being "a little toy CAR to play with" instead of "a little toy BUS to play with" with it being said by Lizzinator instead of Goldar.

So who do you remember saying this line? Goldar or Lizzinator?
Aaendi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2017, 06:16 PM   #2
Ankh Primo
Net Brutality

It was definitely Lizzinator. He actually says it twice, once at the warehouse (he just says toy) and once at the rock quarry (he says another toy car). There's no "vroom vroom" at any point.
Ankh Primo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2017, 01:49 AM   #3
JaimeZeo
K, then.

Do people actually believe in this Mandela effect thing, or is it more a "That's so weird, I could have sworn it was [insert quote here]" and laughing it off? People seem to be so into it, but I can't tell if it's like some massive in-joke that I'm not part of.
JaimeZeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2017, 09:35 AM   #4
Silver_Tiger
Power Ranger

JaimeZeo wrote: View Post

Do people actually believe in this Mandela effect thing, or is it more a "That's so weird, I could have sworn it was [insert quote here]" and laughing it off? People seem to be so into it, but I can't tell if it's like some massive in-joke that I'm not part of.
It's both, and kinda middle for some...the Bernstein thing i can kinda shrug off, because I imagine when we were old enough to be into those books around 2-5 we weren't really reading them, they were being read to us...and if someone didn't know how to pronounce it well, we learned however they said it...the thing that really got me was "It's a beautiful day in THIS neighborhood"

As a fan of Mister Rogers my whole life I always heard it's a beautiful day in THE neighborhood" the other way just doesn't sound right... likewise in almost any parody and even the spin off show it's always "THE" so the deal here maybe we've actually spent more time with the references and parodies rather then the quick minute with the song...at least that's what I assume
Silver_Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2017, 12:16 PM   #5
turbo409uk
Stephen

Aaendi wrote: View Post

When I was little I remember an episode where Goldar was giant sized and picks up a school bus thinking it's a toy and says "A little toy bus to play with" and even goes "vroom vroom" with it, while Bulk and Skull are being tossed around on the inside.

So this scene actually happens in "Eclipse of the Megazord" with giant-sized Goldar picking up the bus with Bulk in Skull, however Goldar never says the "little toy bus" line or says "vroom vroom".

However I found out that the line is actually said in another episode, "Enter the Lizzinator", except for it being "a little toy CAR to play with" instead of "a little toy BUS to play with" with it being said by Lizzinator instead of Goldar.

So who do you remember saying this line? Goldar or Lizzinator?
Lizzinator makes a remark during during the Megazord battle, that when he's through with them, he wants to make toy cars out of the parts.
turbo409uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2017, 12:57 PM   #6
Kyle16
Figuring it out

I had a mandella moment (is that a phrase? it is now) myself.

For years I could swear this is what actually happened to the Dinozords. Sorry for the potato quality, I made this 10 years ago. ha

Kyle16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2018, 01:44 PM   #7
yami senshi youkaiou
Author of Morphinverse

Sorry for the bump but I was just reading about Jetting on some other board, and that reminded me for some reason that for the longest time I remembered Forever Friends having a part where at some point after they rescued Kimberly there was a part where when they jetted Kimberly jetted with the others.

But recently I saw it, and I only saw the part before they rescued her where they Jetted without her.

I also used to think the Battle Grid on VR Troopers was the same set as the dimension from Power Ranger Punks before I actually saw Power Ranger Punks again.
yami senshi youkaiou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2018, 04:18 PM   #8
AngieYaz
Power Ranger

I WISH it was Goldar. It would have been funny hearing that come out of Kerrigan's mouth back in the 1990s.
AngieYaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2018, 05:17 PM   #9
zedd_heart_rita
Power Ranger

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2eubt7

Watch from 7 mins in...
zedd_heart_rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2018, 07:33 PM   #10
Aaendi
Power Ranger

He doesn't say "A little toy bus for me to play with," though.
Aaendi is offline   Reply With Quote