Home Menu

Menu

Old December 31st, 2012, 10:12 PM #1
> MegaBlue
Let's Rocket!

MegaBlue
Let's Rocket!

Disney Cable Nets (Channel, XD, Junior) - Discussion Thread v.2013

It's an all-star New Year, and an all-star new thread!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRE3xvE5a3o

This is the 2013 edition of RB's Disney Cable Nets thread, in which fans of Disney shows can discuss almost anything and everything pertaining to them.

To continue our discussion from the last thread, we were discussing Brenda Song's falsely-rumored pregnancy killing any hopes for Wendy Wu 2: Wu Harder or a possible Suite Life continuation that involves Maddie and London, her breakup with Trace Cyrus, and we ended with what 'IITB' stands for.

Carry on!

---

One of the topics that we were discussing near the end of the 2012 thread was Madison High and what happened to it. I'd *love* for it to be revisited and made into a series. Even though the fad of music-centric DC Original Series seems to be winding down, who on here wouldn't be able to relate to the Colby character?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madison_High

Wikipedia wrote:
Colby Baker (played by Nolan Sotillo) – an eccentric otaku and the cousin of Peyton who sees the world like a comic-book. Obsessed with manga, he is a great artist but shy about his talent.

Last edited by MegaBlue; August 11th, 2016 at 12:17 PM. Reason: It hasn't been 2013 for years now!
MegaBlue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2012, 10:53 PM #2
> Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

I can't believe that false pregnancy rumours killed Wendy Wu 2 if only because Disney would think to check if the rumours were true first (unless of course they were already looking for a reason to scrap it).

I don't remember there being a possible Suite Life continuation with Maddie and London and (given that Yay Me was taken down) if there was it's almost certainly been dropped. Besides, does anyone really want Suite Life without Moseby?

So Madison High was a High School Musical spin off that didn't feature Troy or Jack (the only relationship in HSM that I found believible)? Not the best of premises but it could have worked. Maybe they decided it was too bland even for them?

I can't believe we can count that many great artists among us (but we are probably all obsessed.
Long Time Newbie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2013, 12:32 AM #3
> Poweranimals
Mastodon!

Poweranimals
Mastodon!

So you're not do a big ellaborate first post then, eh? Oh well. A lot of the stuff that was announced for 2012 ended up not happening anyway.
Poweranimals is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2013, 07:11 AM #4
> MegaBlue
Let's Rocket!

MegaBlue
Let's Rocket!

Long Time Newbie wrote: View Post

I can't believe that false pregnancy rumours killed Wendy Wu 2 if only because Disney would think to check if the rumours were true first (unless of course they were already looking for a reason to scrap it).
I'm not sure what 'killed' WW2. I just threw that in because I was sure that somebody would bring it up at some point.

I don't remember there being a possible Suite Life continuation with Maddie and London and (given that Yay Me was taken down) if there was it's almost certainly been dropped. Besides, does anyone really want Suite Life without Moseby?
There were never formal plans of any kind for a Maddie and London spinoff. When SLZC was nearing completion, I started pining for a Maddie/London spinoff show (c'mon, ARWIN was going to have his own series a few years back...). You know that you would have watched it.

So Madison High was a High School Musical spin off that didn't feature Troy or Jack (the only relationship in HSM that I found believible)? Not the best of premises but it could have worked. Maybe they decided it was too bland even for them?
Jack? Do you mean Chad? Jimmy? HSM4 (the next planned movie) was canceled along the way, not too long after the news that the three new kids from HSM3 - Jimmy, Tiara, and 'Chad Junior' (whose name escapes me - Donnie, maybe?) - weren't going to be included. The next thing any of us knew, "Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure" had come out, with a TV-exclusive scene at the end in which Ryan reunited with her.

I can't believe we can count that many great artists among us (but we are probably all obsessed.
I was leaning more toward 'Japanese-culture obsessed', but there are quite a few talented actors in the overall fandom. DeviantArt has a bunch of great artists, not to mention some of the people in the Fan Art thread over in the Fanfiction forum.

Re: PA - Elaborate post? Here you go!

Disney Channel, January 2013 Programming Highlights via Nick & More!

Disney Channel has released details for their January premieres, including new episodes of A.N.T. Farm, Jessie, Phineas and Ferb, Fish Hooks, Shake It Up, Dog With A Blog, Austin & Ally and the one-hour season three finale of Good Luck Charlie. Here’s the day-to-day breakdown, with episode descriptions:

Friday, January 11

8:00 p.m. A.N.T. Farm – “early retiremANT”
After Principal Skidmore retires, Chyna’s grandmother, Gladys, becomes the school principal. But after Chyna’s grandmother continues to embarrass her at school, she tries to get Principal Skidmore back in her old job. Meanwhile, Olive tags along with Principal Skidmore and enjoys the perks of retirement.

8:30 p.m. Jessie – “The Trouble with Jessie”
Jessie is worried Tony is planning on proposing to her after he invites her out for a special evening to meet his parents, so she drags Zuri and her new friend Stuart to the dinner to keep him from doing anything romantic. Meanwhile, a feud begins between Bertram/Emma and Luke/Ravi after they can’t agree on who can watch their favorite TV shows on the screening room’s big screen.

9:00 p.m. Phineas and Ferb – “Fly on the Wall”
Buford removes a part from a tire swing the boys are building and it accidentally shoots a ray that turns Candace into a fly. Meanwhile, Doofenshmirtz is suffering from Evil Scientist’s block.

9:15 p.m. Fish Hooks – “Fish Flakes”
Milo begins to freak out when he realizes that his chances at becoming “Freshwater’s” Catch of the Month Calendar Cover Dude” are slim to none when his scales begin to fall off, so he tries to find a solution to his flaky problem and learns in the process that he’s not the only one with body issues.

Sunday, January 13

8:00 p.m. Dog With A Blog – “The Parrot Trap”
Realizing everyone in the family but her has bonded with Stan, Ellen brings home an annoying parrot to be her new pet. Meanwhile, Tyler tries to learn more about a pretty girl from school who’s one of Bennett’ new patients.

8:30 p.m. Austin & Ally – “Ferris Wheels & Funky Breath”
Austin, Ally, Trish and Dez are excited to make their first big budget music video, but when Kira, a girl with terrible breath, gets hired to play Austin’s love interest, the gang must find a way to finish the video without hurting Kira’s feelings.

9:00 p.m. Shake It Up – “Oh Brother It Up”
Rocky and CeCe get hired at Bob’s Kabob’s, where CeCe loses her job after she butts heads with the strict manager, Logan. Meanwhile, Georgia plans Jeremy’s birthday dinner, and he is bringing over his son “little scooter” for the first time.
Guest starring Leo Howard as Logan.

Friday, January 18

8:30 p.m. Jessie – “Say Yes to the Messy Dress”
Jessie offers to introduce the kids to NBA All-Star Chris Bosh, who’s in town to play one of Luke’s favorite local basketball teams at the park. Determined to make sure his beloved team wins the game, Luke takes Bosh’s lucky socks, which the superstar hasn’t washed since the 10th grade. Meanwhile, a famous designer sends Emma a dress to review on her fashion vlog. However, things get complicated when Jessie accidentally damages the dress.
Guest starring Chris Bosh as himself

9:00 p.m. Phineas and Ferb – “Bully Bust”
Candace challenges Buford to keep Phineas and Ferb’s invention from disappearing so that she can sweep in and casually bust her brothers. Across town, Doofenshmirtz has had one too many lattes and is experiencing an extra burst of evil energy.

9:15 p.m. Fish Hooks – “Super Extreme Grandma Games to the Max”
The Grandma Games are in town and Milo is there to support all of his bingo buddies, but when he discovers Randy has dressed up as one of the Grandmas, Milo knows he must do what is right and defend their honor.

Sunday, January 20

8:00 p.m. Good Luck Charlie “All Fall Down” (one-hour)
Spencer gets the opportunity to start college in Boston a semester early, and Teddy encourages him to go, not realizing how hard a long distance relationship can be. Meanwhile, Amy starts an online mommy blog, and Bob accidentally releases termites into the house.

Sunday, January 27

8:00 p.m. Dog With A Blog – “The Bone Identity”
When Avery’s nemesis, Karl, overhears Chloe refer to Stan’s secret, he vows to get to the bottom of what Avery and her family are hiding. While trying to figure out what to do, Avery stumbles upon the fact that Tyler is a math genius and convinces him to compete against Karl in the school’s math competition.

8:30 p.m. Austin & Ally – “Girlfriends & Girl Friends”
Ally, Trish and Dez step in to help when Austin decides he wants to ask Jimmy Starr’s daughter, Kira, out on a date.

9:00 p.m. Shake It Up - “Quit It Up”
CeCe gets an embarrassing job as a dancing zit at the mall, but is determined to keep the gig to prove to Rocky and Logan that she doesn’t always quit what she starts. Also, the girls get breaking news about the fate of Shake It Up Chicago that threatens to change everything.

~*~*~

Disney XD January 2013 Programming Highlights via Nick & More!

Disney XD has released their January programming highlights which include new episodes of TRON: Uprising, Motorcity, Crash & Bernstein and the second season premiere of Ultimate Spider-Man. Here’s the day-to-day breakdown, with episode descriptions:

Sunday, January 6

12:00 a.m. TRON: Uprising – “Welcome Home”
Beck tries to rescue a fleeing government scientist from being derezzed before Paige and the Occupation finds her. But when Paige and Beck become passengers on the same runaway train, Beck must figure out a way to save the innocent programs on the train and prevent Paige from capturing the runaway scientist * all without revealing his identity as The Renegade.

12:30 a.m. Motorcity – “A Better Tomorrow, Part II”
With Mike Chilton held in captivity and Kane’s Genesis Pod moments away from being activated, the Burners must work together to fight the biggest threat they have ever faced and prevent Motorcity from being destroyed forever.

Sunday, January 13

12:00 a.m. TRON: Uprising – “Rendezvous”
Beck agrees to go on a date with Paige, but their night is cut short when Paige is cruelly betrayed by Pavel and thrown into the Games. Beck thinks he may finally be able to win her over to his side of the Uprising by rescuing her – as The Renegade.

Monday, January 14

8:30 p.m. Crash & Bernstein – “Undercover Crash”
After Crash unknowingly takes items from a variety of people and places, Wyatt teaches him that it is wrong and has him return everything, starting with the prizes from the arcade. But on their mission, Wyatt and Crash run into trouble when they meet Doris, a con artist asking for donations.

Sunday, January 20

12:00 a.m. TRON: Uprising – “No Bounds”
When ‘The Stranger’ returns to Argon City to plot revenge on Beck and Tron, Beck is forced to choose between saving Tron or his friends.
Guest Star: Aaron Paul as First Renegade

Monday, January 21

7:00 p.m. Ultimate Spider-Man – “The Lizard”
Ultimate Spider-Man returns to stop the nefarious plot of Doctor Octopus. But not everything goes according to plan when Spidey’s friend, Dr. Curt Connors, transforms into The Lizard.

7:30 p.m. Ultimate Spider-Man – “Electro”
When Spider-Man’s old enemy Electro takes control of all the electricity in New York City, Spidey and his team work together to stop him before he takes over the world!

8:30 p.m. Crash & Bernstein – “System Crash”
The Bernstein’s teach Crash about the wonders of the internet and technology, but his obsession with this newfound technology is temporarily interrupted by a complete blackout when an intense storm hits Portland. Without any power, the family is forced to participate in a competitive football game in the living room.

Sunday, January 27

7:30 p.m. Ultimate Spider-Man – “The Rhino”
Spider-Man must stop Rhino’s personal vendetta against Spidey’s least favorite Midtown High classmate: Flash Thompson.

Monday, January 28

8:30 p.m. Crash & Bernstein – “Crash Crush”
At Jasmine’s 6th birthday party, Crash falls for a puppet, Lola, who he believes is real and begins dating her. When Wyatt discovers that Lola’s puppeteer is taking advantage of Crash, Wyatt must find a way to prove to Crash that she is not real.

~*~*~

Disney Junior January 2013 Highlights via MyBitsAndBleeps.com

Disney Junior All times ET only

New on Disney Junior in January

Sofia the First (Disney Junior Original Series) Series Premiere

Cinderella and Cinderella II: Dreams Come True Network Premiere

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse(Disney Junior Original Series) “Mickey and Donald Have a Farm” Special Episode

Coming to Disney Junior in February

Bananas in Pajamas Sneak Peek

Cinderella III: A Twist in Time Network Premiere

Valentine’s Day Special

SOFIA THE FIRST SERIES PREMIERE

Saturday, January 19 at 7 p.m.

Enter an enchanting world where fairytales come to life with the series premiere of Sofia the First. At 7 p.m., Disney Junior presents the story of Disney’s newest little girl princess, Sofia, a regular girl whose life dramatically transforms when her mom marries the king. Sofia is whisked off to the castle where she adjusts to her life as a princess and the unexpected challenges that come with her newly acquired royal status. Following the premiere, Sofia the First will air in its regular timeslot, weekends at 11:30 a.m. from January 26.

CINDERELLA AND CINDERELLA II: DREAMS COME TRUE NETWORK PREMIERE

Saturday, January 19 at 5:45 p.m. and Sunday, January 27 at 10:15 a.m. respectively

Disney Junior celebrates the classic story of Cinderella with the network premiere airing Saturday, January 19 at 5:45 p.m. With a wave of her wand and some “Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo,” Cinderella’s Fairy Godmother transforms Cinderella’s tattered frock into a gorgeous gown and an ordinary pumpkin into a magnificent coach in order for her to attend the Royal Ball. The magic continues on January 27 at 10:15 a.m. with the network premiere of Cinderella II: Dreams Come True. Discover what comes after “happily ever after” when Cinderella takes on the role of royal hostess.

MICKEY MOUSE CLUBHOUSE – MICKEY AND DONALD HAVE A FARM

Thursday, January 3 beginning at 1 p.m.

Get ready for some farm-filled fun on Disney Junior. Join Mickey and the gang for a special episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse titled “Mickey and Donald Have a Farm.” When Pete’s giant windmill accidentally sends the animals on the new clubhouse farm flying to different places, Mickey and his pals work together to rescue them. Following “Mickey and Donald Have a Farm,” Disney Junior presents more farm-themed episodes of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
Old January 1st, 2013, 07:31 AM #5
> J89890
VIP Rider

J89890
VIP Rider

Jack could be Troy's dad but your probably right MegaBlue. Also what happened to the rumored Camp Rock 3 or was that promo of the title just too early on YouTube.
J89890 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2013, 07:40 AM #6
> MegaBlue
Let's Rocket!

MegaBlue
Let's Rocket!

The video's set to 'private' now, but here's the story, via DisneyDreaming:
http://www.disneydreaming.com/2012/0...ive-for-music/

If I had to hazard a guess, it's going to be a 'spinoff' in the vein of the "Bring It On" franchise: Same basic premise, new setting/characters. I'd actually like it to take "StarStruck" into account, having Christopher Wilde (Sterling Knight) be forced to take on teaching at Camp Rock after fame once again goes to his head.
Old January 1st, 2013, 08:01 AM #7
> tmckinnin
Banned

tmckinnin
Banned

why does disney and nick contiue making program in this day in age no body watches tv like kids all watch internet and online now why can;t disney and nick stop making dumb fucks shows having teen not going to school but singing and dancing

what the hell is disney and nick doing to people just go to school and get and education and get a job like the rest of us and stop earning money and being rich at an early age while the rest of us have to work our asses off to make earns meat

what happneded to the good old day of disney making cartoons like duck tales tale spin, rescue rangers etc now everything is all cheap and plastic no chrome etc also thought america was in recession and should stop or cut disney funding or cut off the channel

the president should come to call and cancel these dumb fuck channel as they are rotting american kids brains and encouraging them to ditch school and earn a living on disney and nick and become famous and saying that education screw that disney and nick is a better life

also kids who go on these shows at a young age = puberty on these shows into teens act or behave badly and bad attiudes etc

disney and nick should stop making these unfunny/dumb fuck shows and go back making animation cartoons as its cheaper than making live action where u have to pay kids and pay for sets etc cartoons no money etc
tmckinnin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2013, 10:09 AM #8
> Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

One thing from the old thread.

MegaBlue wrote: View Post

"Lab Rats" isn't TERRIBLE, but it needs to be on more regularly to keep my interest in it alive. I've got the last 3 episodes still on my TiVo, waiting for me to watch them.

I'm surprised Tron Uprising is getting the boot. You'd think that Disney would WANT to keep Tron going, especially if there's another sequel in the works.
kainhighwind2 wrote: View Post

Nah, they can't shove a wannabe jailbait pop star into a CG show.
I don't remember there being a 'wannabe jailbait pop star' in Lab Rats. When was that?

There were never formal plans of any kind for a Maddie and London spinoff. When SLZC was nearing completion, I started pining for a Maddie/London spinoff show (c'mon, ARWIN was going to have his own series a few years back...). You know that you would have watched it.
Really? I didn't know that. But yes, I would probably have watched it. After all, I sat my way through season 2 of JONAS, which I found abysmal, in the hope that it would pick up towards the end.

Jack? Do you mean Chad? Jimmy? HSM4 (the next planned movie) was canceled along the way, not too long after the news that the three new kids from HSM3 - Jimmy, Tiara, and 'Chad Junior' (whose name escapes me - Donnie, maybe?) - weren't going to be included. The next thing any of us knew, "Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure" had come out, with a TV-exclusive scene at the end in which Ryan reunited with her.
As J89890 said, I was referring to Jack Bolton (Troy's dad and coach). Jack's over obsession with basketball and the strain that put on his relationship with Troy (who had started considering him more as a coach than a father) was easily the best written part of the franchise, and indeed genuinely worth watching (not just good by the low standards I hold DCoMs to). Without it, I think HSM would have been your typical dull sing along chick flick (for this reason I don't like HSM2, but 3 is just about OK).

I've actually never seen Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure. I was going to but I never did.

I was leaning more toward 'Japanese-culture obsessed', but there are quite a few talented actors in the overall fandom. DeviantArt has a bunch of great artists, not to mention some of the people in the Fan Art thread over in the Fanfiction forum.
I was going to protest this, but then I realised that anyone who's played Samurai Warriors has no right to comment, and you're probably right.

And I will admit that I didn't think to check the Fanfiction forum. Having encountered some fanfiction (in the loosest possible sense) on Youtube, which I will never be able to unsee, I decided I would only look for it on dedicated sites from then on. As such I always sort of glance over that forum.
Old January 1st, 2013, 12:23 PM #9
> Poweranimals
Mastodon!

Poweranimals
Mastodon!

The Camp Rock 3 video was definitely fake. I think there's probably no chance that Demi would do another one.
Old January 1st, 2013, 02:23 PM #10
> SonicBlueRanger
Power Ranger

SonicBlueRanger
Power Ranger

So no known air dates for any new Gravity Falls episodes then?

Outside of that Phineas & Ferb, Motor City and TRON Uprising I find there's very little to actually watch on Disney Channel or XD.

I watched One episode of Dog with a Blog and wanted that whole half hour back and Crash & Bernstien...I couldn't even get past the opening titles.
SonicBlueRanger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2013, 07:22 PM #11
> Fyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

Fyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

What's weird is the guy star of Wendy Wu had stated they were already halfway through filming Wendy Wu 2 during an interview in like, 2008.

So I can't help but wonder why they would cancel it that late.
Fyntabulous is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2013, 07:22 PM #12
> MegaBlue
Let's Rocket!

MegaBlue
Let's Rocket!

Long Time Newbie wrote: View Post

Really? I didn't know that. But yes, I would probably have watched it. After all, I sat my way through season 2 of JONAS, which I found abysmal, in the hope that it would pick up towards the end.
Jonas LA was TERRIBLE. Whenever an established series tends to change course as drastically as JLA and that final season of Hannah Montana did, the quality of the show in general seems to take a dip. I *loved* JONAS (I have almost the entire season on DVD, thanks to some maybe-not-so-legal imported discs of Volumes 2 and 3), but when Jonas LA came out? Like you, I kept watching with the hopes that it would get better. It never did.

"Arwin" was dropped after the pilot was made. "Suite Life on Deck" was ordered to series almost immediately. After a rocky first season, SLoD picked up and started to get good.

As J89890 said, I was referring to Jack Bolton (Troy's dad and coach). Jack's over obsession with basketball and the strain that put on his relationship with Troy (who had started considering him more as a coach than a father) was easily the best written part of the franchise, and indeed genuinely worth watching (not just good by the low standards I hold DCoMs to). Without it, I think HSM would have been your typical dull sing along chick flick (for this reason I don't like HSM2, but 3 is just about OK).

I've actually never seen Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure. I was going to but I never did.
Troy's whole family irks me. He cries the blues in HSM3 about how poor they are and that he has to save every penny he can for college, then has a huge party with his treehouse-mansion in the backyard of his equally-large mansion. HOWEVER, he drives a rusted-out pick-up truck, so that means his family has no money.

As for SFA, it's a fun little movie, for what it is. It's not *exactly* HSM4, but more of a spinoff for Sharpay. She's on her own, and quickly gets "Sharpay'd" by a little boy (portrayed by "Good Luck Charlie"'s Bradley Steven Perry), so she has to come around and realize what's happened... Or something like that. She winds up coming to terms with her new life in her small New York apartment, and then Ryan shows up at the end to tell her about his run on Broadway.

I was going to protest this, but then I realised that anyone who's played Samurai Warriors has no right to comment, and you're probably right.

And I will admit that I didn't think to check the Fanfiction forum. Having encountered some fanfiction (in the loosest possible sense) on Youtube, which I will never be able to unsee, I decided I would only look for it on dedicated sites from then on. As such I always sort of glance over that forum.
Story-wise, I don't really read the FF forum too much. However, some of the art there - especially here - is pretty impressive. As far as 'YouTube-fics' go, who came up with that idea? Whatever happened to WRITING?
Old January 1st, 2013, 10:43 PM #13
> Redshirt #24
BEWARE OF SAFETY

Redshirt #24
BEWARE OF SAFETY

DC aired a teaser promo for Teen Beach Movie...hmm. I'm still not sure what to think about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B-ToBU_1lA
Redshirt #24 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 02:01 AM #14
> Poweranimals
Mastodon!

Poweranimals
Mastodon!

I *loved* JONAS
Really? I only ever watched for Chelsea Kane. I actually thought season 2 was a little better as there was at least somewhat of a plot. Filming on location seemed to help too.

Redshirt #24 wrote: View Post

DC aired a teaser promo for Teen Beach Movie...hmm. I'm still not sure what to think about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B-ToBU_1lA
Teen Beach Movie? That sounds even more generic than Teen Beach Musical. On a sidenote, why do people film previews with their cellphones?
Old January 2nd, 2013, 04:41 AM #15
> AtoMan
Now read my post again

AtoMan
Now read my post again

Not trained enough to use PVRs. Or the PVRs they have aren't supplied with any way to get the video out of it without having to capture its output.
AtoMan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 06:38 AM #16
> ZackMallory
Power Ranger

ZackMallory
Power Ranger

i swear Jonas L.A. was awesome just because of the little lovestory/plot in it

but i prefer the first season because of their natural sense of humor. the halloween episode is just hilarious and epic. i laughed so hard and so many times

i think disney series aren't that bad

look at Aaron Stone or Zeke & Luthor from Disney XD. they are both verry underrated shows.

hannah montana was my favourite when i was 15 and the show came for the verry first time... i think that the finale season 4 was THE BEST Disney ever made of an Disney channel original series.

zack & cody was awesome. i think zack&cody on deck was a bit better. but i realy hoped to see madie and zack get together someday i mean he had an crush on her for nearly 3 - 4 years. wth

the new stuff like shake it up is just horrible. who realy likes this ? i mean the first few episodes had something, i can't denie. but after 4 - 5 episodes this show was getting more stupid. Good Luck Charlie and ANT Farm are good shows.

Austin & Ally is awesome. i mean the characters are dumb but still funny

but this sho with demi lovato... what was it called ? don't know anymore. but this show was so bad. the only reason why i watched it sometimes was because of Tiffany Thornton.

Teen Beach Movie ? Holy S... disney is getting more and more Lazy everday. they are so uncreative and lazy like never before.

i miss shows like Lizzy McGuire and hannah montana. i would prefer an 5th season of HM over shake it up everytime ok miley would never reprise the role and she is too old but you know what i mean
ZackMallory is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 07:24 AM #17
> Redshirt #24
BEWARE OF SAFETY

Redshirt #24
BEWARE OF SAFETY

SonicBlueRanger wrote: View Post

I watched One episode of Dog with a Blog and wanted that whole half hour back and Crash & Bernstien...I couldn't even get past the opening titles.
I'm still not sold on Dog with a Blog yet, but after sitting through a few episodes I was surprised by how low-key it generally was apart from its central premise. That said, there's still that central premise...

As for Crash & Bernstein: I won't lie, Mary Birdsong's resemblance to an older Pam Dawber guaranteed my viewership from the first moment I saw her. (Yes, I'm that far out of the target audience.) That aside, the show actually has a weird gonzo charm that probably shouldn't work for me--see also I'm In The Band, let alone most of Pair of Kings, where this was the case--but it does, Kanye nod in the opening credits and all.
Redshirt #24 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 12:50 PM #18
> Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

Jonas LA was TERRIBLE. Whenever an established series tends to change course as drastically as JLA and that final season of Hannah Montana did, the quality of the show in general seems to take a dip. I *loved* JONAS (I have almost the entire season on DVD, thanks to some maybe-not-so-legal imported discs of Volumes 2 and 3), but when Jonas LA came out? Like you, I kept watching with the hopes that it would get better. It never did.
Volumes 2 & 3 were legal releases. I have them myself.

Looking back, I think the problem was that by taking out the school and the family, they removed the things that made it relatable.

Troy's whole family irks me. He cries the blues in HSM3 about how poor they are and that he has to save every penny he can for college, then has a huge party with his treehouse-mansion in the backyard of his equally-large mansion. HOWEVER, he drives a rusted-out pick-up truck, so that means his family has no money.
To be fair, we don't know he's paying for the party, but it is an inconsistancy I admit (incidentally, during that scene, have you ever noticed Kelsi DJing in one shot, then dancing in the next? A more glaring continuity error in my opinion). My love for Troy's family scenes has more to do with the emotional development (especially in HSM1) than anything else so I sort of ignore that.

Story-wise, I don't really read the FF forum too much. However, some of the art there - especially here - is pretty impressive. As far as 'YouTube-fics' go, who came up with that idea? Whatever happened to WRITING?
I'm not sure how the YouTube-fics started, but I think they grew in popularity when Fanfiction.net started enforcing its ban on Real Person Fiction.

ZackMallory wrote: View Post

i swear Jonas L.A. was awesome just because of the little lovestory/plot in it

but i prefer the first season because of their natural sense of humor. the halloween episode is just hilarious and epic. i laughed so hard and so many times
Jonas L.A. would have been awesome, if they were able to pull it off. Unfortunatly what we got was a bunch of paranoid characters obsessing over nothing for an entire season, along with guest stars you knew weren't going to succeed in splitting them apart, if only because they were only booked for one episode.

Now the paranoia thing might have been acceptable if this was a new series, but we'd been with them for a season already and expected more sense out of them.

i think disney series aren't that bad

look at Aaron Stone or Zeke & Luthor from Disney XD. they are both verry underrated shows.
Aaron Stone is bound to be underrated here, just because no one will admit to liking anything made by Bruce Kalish.

And Zeke & Luthor, while perhaps undervalued, was not underrated. I've yet to see anyone say anything bad about it.

hannah montana was my favourite when i was 15 and the show came for the verry first time... i think that the finale season 4 was THE BEST Disney ever made of an Disney channel original series.

zack & cody was awesome. i think zack&cody on deck was a bit better. but i realy hoped to see madie and zack get together someday i mean he had an crush on her for nearly 3 - 4 years. wth
The actual finale of Hannah Montana was good, but I have to say that I didn't think much of the rest of season 4. Especially whining Lilly.

I did like SLoZaC. SLoD, well, it started OK and ended well, but I wasn't so fond of the middle. While it would have been nice for Zack to have a happy ending of some description, I think randomly inserting Maddie into the finale would have been too far-fetched to be a good idea.

but this sho with demi lovato... what was it called ? don't know anymore. but this show was so bad. the only reason why i watched it sometimes was because of Tiffany Thornton.
'this sho with demi lovato' would be either As the Bell Rings or Sonny With A Chance. Given that you mentioned Tiffany Thornton, in guessing Sonny With A Chance.

i miss shows like Lizzy McGuire and hannah montana. i would prefer an 5th season of HM over shake it up everytime ok miley would never reprise the role and she is too old but you know what i mean
I was a standard 12, maybe 13 year old boy when Lizzie McGuire started, so naturally I hated everything to do with it. It has since grown on me however to the extent that I have the 1st Season Boxset.

And prefering older ones to newer ones seems to be a staple of viewing. On many a discussion forum, Even Stevens, Lizzie Mcguire and Phil of the Future (which while not as old, wasn't repeated very often) are much loved and well remembered. Meanwhile, you'd be forgiven for thinking that few can wait to see the back of Shake it up and Austin and Ally.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 01:13 PM #19
> ZackMallory
Power Ranger

ZackMallory
Power Ranger

OMG i have totaly forgotten about Phil of the Future with my Girl Aly Michalka. damn this show was badass. it was an show which you can show your whole family without be ashamed of it. my mother said days ago when my little sis watched shake it up that she can't believe what an bunch of shit my sis watched there and my little sis acting like: yeah every girl is like this in school and whatever. i just thought...thank god i'm not in highschool anymore my highschool time wasn't different with the cliques and all but come on. justin bieber fangirls and shake it up chicks. holy crap

yeah it was sonny with a chance. never liked sonny or her boyfriend from the movie starstruck. but tiffany thornton was a good actress for a disney production.

when i watch an disney show i'm thinking like an 12 year old one who would watch it right now you can't compare the old disney to the new disney. even on youtube the hannah montana generation of 2006/2007 miss their time when they shake it up,ally and austin and ant farm. and it's just 5 years ago
ZackMallory is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 01:38 PM #20
> codeywings10
Smash Mouth

eBay
codeywings10
Smash Mouth

eBay

We need another great Disney channel movie!
codeywings10 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote