Old May 6th, 2019, 03:37 PM #421
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

AkaPrimoKanyeWest wrote: View Post

THIS SHOW MOVES WAY TOO FAST @__@

In one hour, we got
everyone finding out Lucy was a mole, Hunter killing the remaining Elders, Macy giving up tapping her demonic sight, discovering a new lair equipped with Power Weapons, Niko officially falling in love with Mel, Niko hating Mel for what she did to break them up in the first place, and the Harbinger is dropping bodies like flies.

It's one thing for me not to care about what's happening because nothing is given enough time to genuinely do so, but even the logic is suffering because of it. How in the heck did
Hunter completely glance off the attack by the Elders? I get the whole Power of Three making The Charmed Ones the only ones who can kill a lot of these threats, but him not even being the slightest bit hurt?

For them to be "great sages", they apparently have the strength of wet paper...
Yeah, they definitely put a lot in this one episode.
I agree with Hunter being able to just shrug off the Elders' attack, a bit much. I mean that's one hell of an upgrade he must've had.

Oh and look, they found a secret lair with special gear. Are they going to get costumes next season? You know, I'd be more okay with Maggie's empathy energy attacks if they tried to...I don't know give them some focus? It just feels so very vague; she somehow channels emotional energy...and it does what exactly? And now she has a staff that amplifies, or focuses that energy so...it creates flashes when she hits things with it? She just hasn't really been show to try much with the energy angle. They should've left that for S2 to explore. Or at the very least show her trying to control it, figure out how to really use it. Like does it require her to think angry thoughts if she wants to hurt something with an energy blast? I mean I liked when it initially came out, her love and desire to protect herself and her sisters creating a shield(unless I'm totally misremembering...man it's possible...). But just to swing the staff and seemingly hurt Hunter just cause? Especially after the Elders' energy blasts did nothing? Ugh this show sometimes.

Actually I did like that Mel came clean with Nico though, I appreciated that. I feel like Nico will still forgive her or something, but maybe they'll surprise me again and have her leave for good this time. So all three can not worry about their love lives next season. Oh who am I kidding. Also couldn't help thinking how once she ported the group to wherever that place was at the end, the Elder should've gone and hid instead of you know...standing near the guy set on killing her?
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2019, 10:38 PM #422
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

Wow, they really put the hell on Earth into this episode.

Poor Galvin. But I loved that he turned on a dime from the guy trying to run away from this kooky new world he found himself in to the ultimate savior from that world.

The fight scene was pretty cool, showing
Maggie's staff can go Escrima as well.

Now Parker is safe, but only kinda because he's still fighting his demon side with the added problem of it no longer killing him, so now it'll be free to destroy if he doesn't keep it in check.

I thought it was really nice
of Harry to mourn Charity's loss despite her being rotten to the core, and apologizing to Fiona for not being a good Whitelighter to her, but them chicks was nutso.

Oh, and Alistair died too. I wonder if even Parker will miss him...

And of course now
Macy is The Source, and now she's going to screw the universe big time in the pursuit of bringing Galvin back to life.

Which, of course, will result in either Galvin not being the same guy, or Galvin being mad about what she did to resurrect him and just dying again anyway, either of which will make Macy even worse off emotionally in the end. Oooh, or maybe Galvin saves her from The Source and takes it on himself somehow!

So many possibilities...

I can't wait to see how this all ends.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2019, 06:31 PM #423
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

So basically...
We got the Dark Phoenix Saga am I right? It wasn't bad, but some things just fell flat for me. While it was nice that Harry cared for Charity, and regretted Fiona, I didn't really overall care that they died. Fiona's story was neat but felt like it came and went too fast and then she's just been hanging around doing bad things to destroy magic cause she feels it ruined her life. Mainly I just don't feel as invested as I probably should be for some of these guys. And that may not be entirely the show's fault, but I don't know. I also wont be surprised if Mel goes and gets(well with Harry) the flower he dropped down in the vortex, and uses the smokescreen spell on Niko so she can go off and be happy. Then again Greta yanked the ring and vanished so...maybe it really was a bad thing all along, that relationship? Or they'll likely spin it that way, Mel seemed to have tried before. And man, they just keep adding to Maggie's abilities this season. And I wasn't really thrilled with Galvin's dime turn. He tells Macy he doesn't want anything to do with this magic stuff, he's done and just can't take it. Then he inevitably gets drawn in and decides "eh, nevermind I changed my mind again so it's all good right? Well no worries, I'm gonna kill myself so I don't have to regret this heel turn /again/". Except Macy brought him back, but yeah guess we'll see if there're any repercussions to it.
Old May 13th, 2019, 09:06 PM #424
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

Alitain wrote: View Post

I just don't feel as invested as I probably should be for some of these guys. And that may not be entirely the show's fault, but I don't know.
No, it's definitely the show's fault.
Old May 16th, 2019, 12:52 PM #425
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

Charmed gets a new day and time in the fall, Fridays at 8.

GoldAnyRanger wrote: View Post

Old May 19th, 2019, 09:39 PM #426
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Actually, I liked the finale.
I mean the show has had ups and downs for sure, but...I thought the finale was solid enough. And actually, while not executed as well as it should've been, I liked that it came down to Macy's feelings of being alone, people leaving, etc etc and saving her came from the sisters getting her to believe they wouldn't leave her no matter what.

Now, that being said, I think it could've had a better lead up throughout the season. Cause really after like the second episode they were a loving sisterhood. It would've made more sense for the way the finale went, if they hadn't bonded so quickly. Obviously Maggie would've accepted Macy quicker, but still should've take a couple episodes to feel each other out. Mel would've come around after. And while they worked together as Charmed Ones, there should've been some reluctance when it came to their personal lives. At least for maybe like the first half of the season. Then have them bonding more, coming together more casually and normally only for it to be disrupted by Macy's demon side and that whole mess which would've insinuated doubt right as they were in a good place. Events play out the same, and then we get to the finale. I feel something along those lines would've made this end feel a little more solid. But that being said, again, I think it still worked out well for the show.

Also, I'm actually glad Mel didn't hook up with Nico. Though whether she shows back up next season or going forward, who knows cause she still has that magic immunity ring. And Galvin died again, Parker took off though he'll come back. But now all three sisters are clear to have new hook ups next season without too much hang ups. Though I imagine Maggie would at least be reluctant, if at all but Mel and Macy probably. It could be interesting seeing the Charmed Ones dealing with magical world politics next season as they try to fill the power vacuum. Also could lead to some fun if there's another party interested in trying and taking their place, or at least believing they're not capable. But at the same time, it feels sorta weird how for all this time there's been, clearly, the Elders who've watched over things and kept the magical world running relatively smoothly. And of course, only now of all times does it all go to shit and they get completely wiped out rather quickly. Then again, this season has its faults.

Still not sure if I'll stick with it next season, still really on the fence but we'll see. Might be that I'll let it record and just not watch it week-to-week. Oh well, is what it is.
Old May 20th, 2019, 12:00 AM #427
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

Okay, this? THIS was the kind of show Charmed always tried to be in its original run. The concept here was fabulous, and given enough time to play out naturally and uninterrupted, with enough internal logic to explain itself as it went. I thought this was easily the best episode of the entire season, they absolutely saved the best for last. The only thing I didn't like was
there suddenly being these goddesses they pray to. I think it would have been cooler if The Charmed Ones were the reincarnation of those goddesses, which would explain why they're the only ones who can save the world like they do.

And I wasn't even thinking about
all the Elders getting ganked. Now the girls are following Leo's fifth season arc, LOL.

I think it could've had a better lead up throughout the season. Cause really after like the second episode they were a loving sisterhood.
But that was the beauty of it, Macy
never actually felt that way, she was just putting on a happy face. She felt deep down that Mel specifically didn't really like her even though she still cared about her, so she was always preparing herself for the day they would push her away, which manifested as her actually pushing them away first.

It's a classic mechanic for people with abandonment issues, projecting their fears onto other people that inevitably creates the very outcome they were expecting.
Old May 20th, 2019, 01:12 AM #428
> Agent Z
Power Ranger

Agent Z
Power Ranger

Interesting finale. A little bit too much like the season 6 Buffy finale but I think it was handled well.
Agent Z is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2019, 08:58 PM #429
> TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger

TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger

I decided to finally get into this show, both original and new.

I used to watch the original here and there growing up so I remember the big plot points like Leo, Chris, Billy, Paige, Cole, etc... but I never watched it episode to episode so there's a lot I dont know.

I'm really digging this new show. It's a modern version of Charmed just like it promised. It is very reminescent of the original show while also having it's own identity

Macy's anger issues, working for a demon and mortal boyfriend are very Prue

Maggie's half demon boyfriend and trusting personality is Phoebe

Mel's relationship with the whitelighter is Piper

I can see the inspiration behind so many plot points in this show without feeling like I'm wathing the same show over again

I'm currently on episode 14 where Maggie first tries to have sex with parker and she has that weird sex bomb. Really looking forward to finishing this season. There's so many interesting plot points and it has the advantage of already knowing all the Charmed lore while the original show had to make it up while it went along
TyrannoRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2019, 04:24 AM #430
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

[hide]But that was the beauty of it, Macy
never actually felt that way, she was just putting on a happy face. She felt deep down that Mel specifically didn't really like her even though she still cared about her, so she was always preparing herself for the day they would push her away, which manifested as her actually pushing them away first.

It's a classic mechanic for people with abandonment issues, projecting their fears onto other people that inevitably creates the very outcome they were expecting.
That'd be fine, but I guess for me I just didn't feel the show portrayed that well enough. It's all well and good if you want a character to put on a happy face while secretly believing the worst. But I think there needed to be some kind of hint to it otherwise it just comes off...sorta fake. Cause nothing in the season hinted at this at all; Macy acted like perfectly fine, Mel loved her like a sister, all was good(well except I think the episode where it came out that Mel was the half-sister) until now when it feels more like they did it just to have some drama for the finale. But maybe it's just me. It's not all bad I mean though, just felt it came too much out of nowhere.
Old May 22nd, 2019, 12:07 PM #431
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

That'd be fine, but I guess for me I just didn't feel the show portrayed that well enough. It's all well and good if you want a character to put on a happy face while secretly believing the worst. But I think there needed to be some kind of hint to it otherwise it just comes off...sorta fake.
But the hint was Macy starting that way and never legitimately having her issue resolved. In this case, this show pushing past things so fast actually worked in their favor, because the sisters honestly had to speed past getting to know each other on an authentic level because they had their powers and saving the world to wrap their heads around.
Old May 22nd, 2019, 04:57 PM #432
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

But the hint was Macy starting that way and never legitimately having her issue resolved. In this case, this show pushing past things so fast actually worked in their favor, because the sisters honestly had to speed past getting to know each other on an authentic level because they had their powers and saving the world to wrap their heads around.
Hmm, maybe. I can see where you're coming from with it.
Old May 22nd, 2019, 08:59 PM #433
> TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger

TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger

They really have me going back in forth with the whole Fiona and Charity thing. I just finished the episode where Charity is fucking with Macy's mind because Macy learned Charity killed their mom

This show is intense
Old May 22nd, 2019, 10:41 PM #434
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

TyrannoRanger wrote: View Post

They really have me going back in forth with the whole Fiona and Charity thing. I just finished the episode where Charity is fucking with Macy's mind because Macy learned Charity killed their mom

This show is intense
That was the biggest WTF moment.

Charity as a whole was one big WTF.
Old May 23rd, 2019, 01:49 PM #435
> Claymore
Angemon!

Claymore
Angemon!

Well, I powered through and gave this show a chance, but it's just not got enough soul for me. I won't be sticking around for series 2.
Claymore is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2019, 03:09 PM #436
> Primal Slayer
Power Ranger

Primal Slayer
Power Ranger

I'm really hoping the new showrunners treat S1 sort of like a dream and just do a soft reboot. Definitely get rid of those lame weapons that the Mel/Maggie received.
Primal Slayer is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2019, 04:23 PM #437
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Primal Slayer wrote: View Post

I'm really hoping the new showrunners treat S1 sort of like a dream and just do a soft reboot. Definitely get rid of those lame weapons that the Mel/Maggie received.
But then they can't get their superhero costumes next season if you ignore their weapons and secret hero base! XD
Old May 24th, 2019, 11:40 AM #438
> TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger

TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger

I'm really digging this series. I'm halfway through the episode where Galvin is replaced by a demon

I'm so pissed that Macy let him go on that quest and changed her mind about being cured. Wtf?

the book nook scene was hilarious but the weapons are way too comic book. they're gonna annoy me, aren't they?

and Macy can just go fuck herself, right? thanks mom

did they know they were getting renewed? because they're trying to wrap things up so quickly. how are we having season 2 without elders? are the charmed ones also gonna be elders?

edit:they finally lost me. did we ever find out charity's motivation for killing their mom? or was it just so the writers could have us not trust the elders? because the elders were clearly good and helpful aside from stupid charity

and the charmed ones suck at their jobs. say what you will but piper, phoebe and inster 3rd sister here never wouldve had things get so bad

give me a galvin and niko witch hunting story. they're way more interesting than the charmed ones

Last edited by TyrannoRanger; May 24th, 2019 at 11:56 AM.
Old July 20th, 2019, 11:59 PM #439
> scoots99
Drago Power

scoots99
Drago Power

TyrannoRanger wrote: View Post

I'm really digging this series. I'm halfway through the episode where Galvin is replaced by a demon

edit:they finally lost me. did we ever find out charity's motivation for killing their mom? or was it just so the writers could have us not trust the elders? because the elders were clearly good and helpful aside from stupid charity
IIRC Charity killed the mom accidentally because she didn't want her to activate the charmed ones because Macy is half demon and Charity was afraid of a charmed one demon hybrid fucking the world
scoots99 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote