Home Menu

Menu


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 3rd, 2019, 06:07 PM #3141
Adara.2's Avatar
> Adara.2
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,948
Adara.2
Power Ranger
Adara.2's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,948



Digifiend wrote: View Post

Wanna bet she becomes Venus de Milo?
Maybe a similar color scheme, but I think a different weapon. Maybe Slash's/Shredder's claw-blade thing
Adara.2 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2019, 07:22 PM #3142
goldrngr87's Avatar
> goldrngr87
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 16
goldrngr87
Power Ranger
goldrngr87's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 16



Thanks BobbyDrake2000! Is that something that we set up ourselves? I'm not exactly tech-savy when it comes to electronics
goldrngr87 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2019, 03:16 AM #3143
BobbyDrake2000's Avatar
> BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 7,706
BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger
BobbyDrake2000's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 7,706



Yeah, they have to be assembled, but they'll have instruction booklets. They seem to be pretty easy set ups given the other units I've seen set out. They also have booster tables sold separately that make them look like the full sized old school arcade cabinets.
BobbyDrake2000 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2019, 03:55 AM #3144
Cameron Samurai's Avatar
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,664
Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!
Cameron Samurai's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,664



On the Technodrome.com forums, Tom Waltz has been discussing the big change in TMNT#95 with fans, saying the idea has been in the pipeline since 2016 and isn't intended to be a short-term stunt. He also said there are no current plans for this idea to go beyond the comics, at least for now, so don't expect it to surface in Rise of the TMNT or future movies.

He also says Jennie's bandanna will be unveiled in issue 97
Cameron Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2019, 07:29 AM #3145
Kushami's Avatar
> Kushami
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 275
Kushami
Power Ranger
Kushami's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 275



AkaPrimoKanyeWest wrote: View Post

Somebody needs to GoFundMe this shit NOW.
Right now it's all sitting in my basement, waiting. I've thought about it, but I'm not sure how I feel about asking people for money to do it. I do need to get all that stuff transferred sooner rather than later, though. It's quite a bit of stuff, and the PSAs I feel like really need to be done before they deteriorate.
Kushami is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2019, 04:36 PM #3146
goldrngr87's Avatar
> goldrngr87
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 16
goldrngr87
Power Ranger
goldrngr87's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 16



Hey guys.

I'm new to this so please be gentle with me, but.....what is TMNT #95?
goldrngr87 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2019, 04:38 PM #3147
Virus's Avatar
> Virus
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,429
Virus
Power Ranger
Virus's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,429



goldrngr87 wrote: View Post

Hey guys.

I'm new to this so please be gentle with me, but.....what is TMNT #95?
The 95th issue of the current Ninja Turtles comic run
Virus is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2019, 11:09 AM #3148
Cameron Samurai's Avatar
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,664
Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!
Cameron Samurai's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,664



Here's some concept art for Jennika in her new form

https://twitter.com/mooncalfe1/statu...male-turtle%2F
Cameron Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2019, 11:49 AM #3149
Allio's Avatar
> Allio
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 8,609
Allio
Power Ranger
Allio's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 8,609



I know that there isn't much to go on with "ninja turtle design" but I am reminded a bit much of Sophie's fan character "Artemis"
Allio is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2019, 06:13 PM #3150
Alitain's Avatar
> Alitain
God of Benevolence
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 16,169
Alitain
God of Benevolence
Alitain's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 16,169



Cameron Samurai wrote: View Post

On the Technodrome.com forums, Tom Waltz has been discussing the big change in TMNT#95 with fans, saying the idea has been in the pipeline since 2016 and isn't intended to be a short-term stunt. He also said there are no current plans for this idea to go beyond the comics, at least for now, so don't expect it to surface in Rise of the TMNT or future movies.

He also says Jennie's bandanna will be unveiled in issue 97
I'm curious on that. I saw the spoiler tags for the issue so knew it had to be something big. Kinda figured though where it was going early on in the issue given they were using mutagen and how close Jennie has become to the family. It'll be neat having a new female Turtle finally. I could dig a yellow bandana, or maybe white. Just as long as it's not a shade of the other's. I liked Venus, but it always bummed be out she just had a light blue bandana. It didn't help set her apart while the others of course had their distinct colors. Plus, in a way being just a lighter shade of blue sorta made it like she was "less" in a way. Would've been different, though a bit cheap, if she had been part of say a female turtle group so obviously they'd want to mirror the brothers' shades, but anyways rambling. Hopefully Jennie will take to the mutation okay enough. I imagine it'll also bring up some issues between her and Casey which is a shame.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2019, 06:21 PM #3151
TuxedoK's Avatar
> ⚡TuxedoK
Old School Mod Justice.
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 8,226
1 eBay
TuxedoK
Old School Mod Justice.
TuxedoK's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 8,226
1 eBay



Alitain wrote: View Post

I'm curious on that. I saw the spoiler tags for the issue so knew it had to be something big. Kinda figured though where it was going early on in the issue given they were using mutagen and how close Jennie has become to the family. It'll be neat having a new female Turtle finally. I could dig a yellow bandana, or maybe white. Just as long as it's not a shade of the other's. I liked Venus, but it always bummed be out she just had a light blue bandana. It didn't help set her apart while the others of course had their distinct colors. Plus, in a way being just a lighter shade of blue sorta made it like she was "less" in a way. Would've been different, though a bit cheap, if she had been part of say a female turtle group so obviously they'd want to mirror the brothers' shades, but anyways rambling. Hopefully Jennie will take to the mutation okay enough. I imagine it'll also bring up some issues between her and Casey which is a shame.
This made me thing of something, that I had to go double check afterwards.



That Yellow(?) Leo bandana was in the intro, but was it ever in the actual series?
TuxedoK is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2019, 06:23 PM #3152
Alitain's Avatar
> Alitain
God of Benevolence
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 16,169
Alitain
God of Benevolence
Alitain's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 16,169



Allio wrote: View Post

I mean her name is Jennika, she doesn’t need a new name. It isn’t like bebop and rocksteady got new names
To be fair some mutants take new names, or are given new ones, when they become mutants. So it's not impossible. Seems unlikely though, unless Jennie feels like taking a new name will help her adapt to the mutation. But I imagine she'll keep her name.


TuxedoK wrote: View Post

This made me thing of something, that I had to go double check afterwards.


https://i.ibb.co/9rnWcQK/Screenshot-...c-You-Tube.png
That Yellow(?) Leo bandana was in the intro, but was it ever in the actual series?
I never knew that was a thing, and never noticed it when watching the show. Might have to pop in one of the dvds and see for myself sometime. But no, it was never in the series.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2019, 06:58 PM #3153
> ⚡Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 15,688
32 eBay
Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 15,688
32 eBay



It never was in the series. But was always in the intro.
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2019, 07:06 PM #3154
TuxedoK's Avatar
> ⚡TuxedoK
Old School Mod Justice.
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 8,226
1 eBay
TuxedoK
Old School Mod Justice.
TuxedoK's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 8,226
1 eBay



That's what I thought, just for the life of me couldn't remember.
Really other then Shell Shocked, my mind doesn't go back to the "Next Mutation" well to often.
TuxedoK is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2019, 12:07 PM #3155
Cameron Samurai's Avatar
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,664
Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!
Cameron Samurai's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,664



IDW confirm no copies of TMNT#95 will be sold at SDCC due to mounting "Stampede concerns"

https://twitter.com/IDWPublishing/st...mpedes-ebay%2F

Can't tell if they're being serious or sarcastic
Cameron Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2019, 01:42 PM #3156
Alitain's Avatar
> Alitain
God of Benevolence
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 16,169
Alitain
God of Benevolence
Alitain's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 16,169



Cameron Samurai wrote: View Post

IDW confirm no copies of TMNT#95 will be sold at SDCC due to mounting "Stampede concerns"

https://twitter.com/IDWPublishing/st...mpedes-ebay%2F

Can't tell if they're being serious or sarcastic
Serious. If copies are going like hot cakes, there'd be a crowd at their booth/area/whatever trying to get in to get a copy which could be a probably. It doesn't have to be a huge, Black Friday-sized crowd but big enough and willing enough to push their way to get the prize, yeah it could be a safety concern. Smart move.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2019, 09:43 PM #3157
Tower0804's Avatar
> Tower0804
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 12
Tower0804
Power Ranger
Tower0804's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 12



Alitain wrote: View Post

Serious. If copies are going like hot cakes, there'd be a crowd at their booth/area/whatever trying to get in to get a copy which could be a probably. It doesn't have to be a huge, Black Friday-sized crowd but big enough and willing enough to push their way to get the prize, yeah it could be a safety concern. Smart move.
Yup definitely good call , people we’re getting in fights with security last year at the Funimation booth for The Whis pop and they had to close it down lol people are ridiculous
Tower0804 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2019, 04:55 AM #3158
Alitain's Avatar
> Alitain
God of Benevolence
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 16,169
Alitain
God of Benevolence
Alitain's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 16,169



Tower0804 wrote: View Post

Yup definitely good call , people we’re getting in fights with security last year at the Funimation booth for The Whis pop and they had to close it down lol people are ridiculous
And I mean I get it, #95 will probably be seen as a huge deal
because it officially introduces another female turtle. But realistically that only happens on like the very last page, is just a mutation of a human character that's been around for several issues, and just has little to do with it overall. That isn't criticizing the comic, to be clear. And I know that's not how these things work with notable comics and all, but in a way I would put more stock in #96 if anything. I mean we know it's not going to happen, but what if in the next issue Jennika ends up dying anyways cause of the shock to her body from the mutation after the injury and something or other explanation? Then poof, this "oh so amazing female turtle" introduction is nothing.

Again, not going to happen(kind of would be funny though). But I can't help find it funny people are racing to snatch up this issue. I get it, technically, but still find it funny.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2019, 05:11 AM #3159
> ⚡Lord Buttus
Mod of Destruction
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 11,233
eBay
Lord Buttus
Mod of Destruction
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 11,233
eBay



Tower0804 wrote: View Post

Yup definitely good call , people we’re getting in fights with security last year at the Funimation booth for The Whis pop and they had to close it down lol people are ridiculous
Yikes. Imagine fighting another human being over a Funko POP of all things.
Lord Buttus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2019, 05:19 AM #3160
Alitain's Avatar
> Alitain
God of Benevolence
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 16,169
Alitain
God of Benevolence
Alitain's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 16,169



Lord Buttus wrote: View Post

Yikes. Imagine fighting another human being over a Funko POP of all things.
Eh, no different than people fighting over comics, black Friday deals, or any of that stuff. If it's hotly desired or rare, people will fight over it no matter what.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Post Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:03 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.