Home Menu

Menu

Old August 24th, 2017, 11:17 AM #2161
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

been enjoying TMNT: Dimension X. While ultimately would be considered "filler" this month as the Turtles are getting witnesses for Krang's trial, still just kind of fun seeing the alien worlds in Dimension X
Allio is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2017, 03:47 PM #2162
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Allio wrote: View Post

been enjoying TMNT: Dimension X. While ultimately would be considered "filler" this month as the Turtles are getting witnesses for Krang's trial, still just kind of fun seeing the alien worlds in Dimension X
I'm glad that it's coming out every week because it's filler. If this was monthly it would be a pain, but it makes sense. Instead of trying to cram the story in say like a single issue of the main series, they do this little miniseries that lets them have fun and really tell the story.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2017, 02:43 PM #2163
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger

ranger_scout
Power Ranger

Someone on a different forum was able to get lots of screenshots from the upcoming Wanted: Bebop and Rocksteady DVD.

http://www.toonzone.net/forums/threa...#post-85601462
ranger_scout is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2017, 11:59 AM #2164
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Moviebob looks at the top ten best TMNT games ever

Cameron Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2017, 04:28 PM #2165
> SonicBlueRanger
Power Ranger

SonicBlueRanger
Power Ranger

"OH MY GOD! They brought splinter back from the 'dead' WHAT A SURPRISE!"
Um...they didn't. It was a flashback. Splinter did pop up in the first arc as a Ghost but hasn't appeared until now alive.
SonicBlueRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2017, 04:41 PM #2166
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

Alitain wrote: View Post

I'm glad that it's coming out every week because it's filler. If this was monthly it would be a pain, but it makes sense. Instead of trying to cram the story in say like a single issue of the main series, they do this little miniseries that lets them have fun and really tell the story.
I agree with you, like I don't mind getting a look into the planets in dimension X, I just would rather get back to the krang plot
Old September 2nd, 2017, 07:58 PM #2167
> PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

ya would love more connection to the 80's-90's series
PopCultureLover06 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2017, 09:26 PM #2168
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger

ranger_scout
Power Ranger

Rob Paulsen is at Dragon Con right now. He just confirmed that he won't be voicing one of the turtles in the new series that debuts next year. Well, I can't say that I'm surprised because the series is being done by a different creative team, but it's still disappointing to hear. He does, however, think that he might be involved with it somehow.

https://www.facebook.com/CBS46/video...5690228181252/
Old September 13th, 2017, 12:59 PM #2169
> teacher fan
Power Ranger

teacher fan
Power Ranger

Well I just saw the second crossover between the 87 Turtles and Nick Turtles that was released on DVD yesterday. Unlike Turtles Forever and Trans-Dimensional Turtles though, in this crossover the stakes weren't that high. In Turtles Forever and Trans-Dimensional Turtles, they were attempting to save the multiverse. In this crossover, only the Nick Turtles universe was in jeapordy.

However, the strength of the story was the interactions between the characters. It was simply fun to see all of the characters meet up. Yes, the 87 Turtles were a bit ineffective at the start of this story. But it seemed okay story-wise to me. In Trans-Dimensional Turtles, they were just fighting the Kraang. In this crossover, they were facing Nick Bebop and Rocksteady who are much stronger physically than Krang. Plus, the emphasis was placed on that their TACTICS they were used to wouldn't work. Card board boxes, water from a fire hydrant, and other silly objects just don't cut it against the actual deadly villains of the Nick TMNT universe. However in this crossover, the Nick TMNT do teach their 80's counterparts to fight more like them. And they do learn and adapt. 87 Leo actually hits a bunch of enemies with his swords and smiles as he comments on how he's actually enjoying being violent.

Aside from that, everything else is oka. Kevin Michael Richardson replaces James Avery as the voice of 87 Shredder and he's okay enough. There's a scene where the 87 Turtles meet Nick April that's very funny (with comments related to how she's just a kid and too young to be wearing a reporter jumpsuit, with April wondering why a reporter should wear a jumpsuit). And with Mondo Gecko joining the fun, we essentially have three Mikey actors in the same story. An all around fun adventure.
teacher fan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2017, 04:40 PM #2170
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Haven't gotten to watching the Wanted: Bebop & Rocksteady DVD yet. Though I still find it really odd they're not releasing the episodes in order like every other season. Also whether this four episode release means we'll have to get at least two more DVDs to get the entire final season, or if they're going to pack the last one with the remaining episodes. Still, even with the format of this season it seems silly to jumble the episodes. Part of me can't help being worried somehow we wont get all the episodes.
Old September 13th, 2017, 04:57 PM #2171
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

So a sequel of the first Batman/TMNT crossover is coming. more excited about that then the NickTMNT/Batman crossove
Old September 13th, 2017, 05:02 PM #2172
> Adara.2
Power Ranger

Adara.2
Power Ranger

So a sequel of the first Batman/TMNT crossover is coming. more excited about that then the NickTMNT/Batman crossove
Gonna be interesting to see Batman's reaction to Splinter being the leader of the Foot.
Adara.2 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2017, 05:50 PM #2173
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

I liked both TMNT/Batman crossovers honestly, but it will be interesting to see more of the comic one. But please, no more bad scenes of Bruce trying pizza like he'd never had it before and smiling...ugh.
Old September 13th, 2017, 07:30 PM #2174
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

Adara.2 wrote: View Post

Gonna be interesting to see Batman's reaction to Splinter being the leader of the Foot.
So would Batman see the turtles as criminals now since they killed Shredder, that will be a big question

Last edited by Allio; September 27th, 2017 at 07:12 PM.
Old September 13th, 2017, 08:02 PM #2175
> Adara.2
Power Ranger

Adara.2
Power Ranger

So would Shredder see the turtles as criminals now since they killed Shredder, that will be a big question
He'd probably just see Splinter negatively. He'd probably sympathize with the Turtles. Maybe give Raphael a hug.

I liked both TMNT/Batman crossovers honestly, but it will be interesting to see more of the comic one. But please, no more bad scenes of Bruce trying pizza like he'd never had it before and smiling...ugh.
Ah, it was nice seeing him not be as stoic as he is in mainstream D.C.
Old September 13th, 2017, 08:10 PM #2176
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger

ranger_scout
Power Ranger

I watched the Wanted: Bebop and Rocksteady DVD last night. I had an extra long day at work, so I was pretty tired when I came home, but that didn't stop me from enjoying the special. Once again, it was so nice to hear those classic voices from my childhood. I last heard those actors doing it at a time when my life was surrounded by darkness and hearing them voice these beloved characters once more brought light when I really needed it. Plus, it's just so cool to hear them right now because I recently turned 30. Cam Clarke and Barry Gordon are still hilarious as the classic Rocksteady and Bebop. The 1987 turtles fighting style was out-of-date, yes. However, they were able to get better thanks to their counterparts. Kevin Michael Richardson did a very respectable job of recreating the 1987 Shredder after we lost James Avery. Pat Fraley is still flawless as ever. It really did look like the final battle was impossible to overcome for a moment. Also, the music video was fun.
Old September 13th, 2017, 09:15 PM #2177
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Adara.2 wrote: View Post

Ah, it was nice seeing him not be as stoic as he is in mainstream D.C.
Not being stoic isn't the same as him weirdly smiling, not to mention it just came across as weird that he's never had pizza and was all hesitant to try it and whatnot. I just think that scene didn't really work, but overall the comic was good.
Old September 13th, 2017, 10:12 PM #2178
> Adara.2
Power Ranger

Adara.2
Power Ranger

Not being stoic isn't the same as him weirdly smiling, not to mention it just came across as weird that he's never had pizza and was all hesitant to try it and whatnot. I just think that scene didn't really work, but overall the comic was good.
To be fair, pizzas in the TMNT universe might taste Different compared to the D.C. Universe. Better, even.
Old September 14th, 2017, 06:57 AM #2179
> SonicBlueRanger
Power Ranger

SonicBlueRanger
Power Ranger

Honestly I find the fact that people were legitimately mad about Bruce eating Pizza (It's the Nachos in the Batcave thing all over again) way stupider.
SonicBlueRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 03:29 PM #2180
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

SonicBlueRanger wrote: View Post

Honestly I find the fact that people were legitimately mad about Bruce eating Pizza (It's the Nachos in the Batcave thing all over again) way stupider.
Well I wasn't mad, I just think the scene was weird. Don't care about him eating pizza though, just how the scene went.