Menu

Old May 10th, 2018, 02:42 PM #661
> toejammer
Power Ranger

toejammer
Power Ranger

Ankh Primo wrote: View Post

When would he have
died? I thought the last time we saw him was after the Ghoulies were scared off.

And speaking of
after the ghoulies when poppa poutines son came into the shop asking for hirams address
toejammer is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2018, 06:44 AM #662
> Agent Z
Power Ranger

Agent Z
Power Ranger

Cheryl never does anything halfway does she? Odd how she’s suddenly for the Serpents but she is dating one.

I’m guessing the Hood that shot Fred might have been a hitman hired by Hiram.

I feel like Hiram didn’t think his little “October surprise” through. Given how conservative Riverdale appears to be (if the statue in honor of a murderer of indigenous people and the death threats ex-Mayor McCoy recieved are any indication) an affair between a white man and a latina woman is more likely to hurt the latter. Especially since Hermoine was the one who was married at the time while Fred wasn’t.

Or maybe Hiram was BSing her and this was his way of getting payback against both of them.
Agent Z is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2018, 06:49 PM #663
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Maybe Jugs will come back as a werewolf. That'd be a unique spin for S3 right? hahaha!
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2018, 07:06 PM #664
> Harpsikord
Prince of Evil

Harpsikord
Prince of Evil

sylarking wrote: View Post

Uh Hal Copper admitted shooting Fred. Only Crime he said he did not commit is killing Midge.
No, he admitted to killing Midge. The only one he didn't do was the shooting at the debate, and then shooting Fred the second time.
Harpsikord is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2018, 08:25 PM #665
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Well that was a bit of a kicker of a finale.
Oh Archie...poor deluded Archie. Now he'll be accused of murder, and even if it doesn't stick it'll still do damage. Though I'm wondering what plans Hiram has started that'll dissolve the glue of Archie & Friends' bonds. I mean they know he didn't murder the guy, and I can't imagine murder charges would do it especially given Betty's history. No doubt we'll just have to wait and see. Maybe this is the first salvo, and Hiram just plans on going after all of them, using their dirty secrets and whatnot.

I honestly thought Hermione was setting Veronica up, giving her the tidbit about the White Worm. Knowing Veronica would swoop in to buy it, but then Hiram would have some plan in motion that would not only get the Worm but somehow get the money from her to boot leaving her totally screwed. And at first I was like, "Oh, what'll Veronica do now that daddy cut her off." Then realized she still has that pile of cash now so at least for the time being she's probably alright but no doubt eventually it might be an issue. Then again next season it sounds like we'll get a classy bar below Pop's. Apparently they're too good for burgers and milkshakes now, they want cocktails. Though can't deny if Betty, Veronica, and even Cheryl donned some flapper apparel that'd be worth it heh.

I did enjoy the comradery between the North and Serpents, especially at the school that was nice. Hopefully it doesn't dissolve at the first sign of struggle. And it'll be interesting to see Jug leading the Serpents full time. Clearly there'll be some fuss between him and Betty, probably as she's about to consider becoming the Serpent Queen.

Oh! And Polly, totally scheming! That look when she talked about bringing some guy from The Farm to talk to mom...oh yeah she's got a scheme going. I wonder if it'll turn out the family "darkness" actually has be residing in Polly, and she's out for revenge while daddy is locked away. Or else she's part of Lex Luthor*cough* I mean Hiram's Legion of Doom, though I can't really see that one. I think she just has her own scheme, or she's brainwashed by The Farm. And yes, Hiram's team of villains is totally a Legion of Doom. I laughed when Cheryl's mom was so concerned over her brothel, sheesh.

Now I want Riverdale and the Arrowverse to meet. Archie and Jug would be talking to Barry and Oliver, who'd mention fighting a group of villains and then Jug would probably make a sarcastic comment about having done that too. Then Oliver would be all exasperated about what the hell was going on with schools these days if even high schoolers got their own Legion of Doom. Hahaha!
Old May 16th, 2018, 09:15 PM #666
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

For a second there, I was really thinking
we were done with the Serpents... What else is there now that peace has been made? Jughead wasn't always defined by them, let him just go back to the plucky journalist he's always been.

So the guy that shot Fred (the second time) was
Tall Boy? How simplistic, just turn the established traitor into a mass shooter, and all off screen at that. This whole Black Hood mystery came in like a lion and went out like a turd, glad it's over.

And speaking of
killers, I wonder what evidence Hiram's using to pin that murder on brass-balls Archie.
Word to all you teenagers out there, never think you have all the power when you know good and well you have zero.

Oh, that make-out sesh
in the bathroom was hella awkward. But yay Kevin finally has a real boyfriend, I guess? Can he just have a storyline next season, though? Please?
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2018, 06:58 AM #667
> Agent Z
Power Ranger

Agent Z
Power Ranger

1. I get that we're supposed to be scared for Alice but honestly how bad can this cult be compared to Riverdale?

Okay, helping the Serpents is one thing but why would Sienna offer her services to any of the Lodges? She should be avoiding these people like the plague after what happened last time she got involved with them.

Don't know what Archie expected when he broke into a ruthless mob boss's house and threatened him. Did he forget who he was dealing with?

All in all I did find I kind of liked this finale if only for the stuff revolving around the Serpents. And hey maybe now that Kevin and Moose kissed they'll be important.

Agent Z is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2018, 01:59 PM #668
> bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

[QUOTE=Alitain;5580272]Well that was a bit of a kicker of a finale.
Oh Archie...poor deluded Archie. Now he'll be accused of murder, and even if it doesn't stick it'll still do damage. Though I'm wondering what plans Hiram has started that'll dissolve the glue of Archie & Friends' bonds..

they cut directly to Polly after that scene, leaving me to wonder how could she possibly...

overall I thought the finale was kind of disappointing, mostly that they totally
skipped out on showing the riot and just filled us in on what happened afterward and not just that but Tall Boy being killed too...though with Fangs' non-death you gotta wonder if TB really is gone...and did TB really have green eyes? It seemed like a cheat,
and since they admitted they didn't have a real suspect nailed down till halfway into the season its like the actor playing the masked hood was a big red herring for the audience if we were trying to match physiques...

the Black Hood subplot really shouldn't have been stretched so far...seemed like they ran out of ideas and switched over to the election...

sort of suprised
Hermoine
won though...

kind of weird that Mr Lodge
framed Archie instead of killing him outright since he had been as far inside the inner circle as any outsider could be and undoubtedly knew things, even if he couldn't prove them...
bearytrek is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2018, 02:21 PM #669
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

bearytrek wrote: View Post

kind of weird that Mr Lodge
framed Archie instead of killing him outright since he had been as far inside the inner circle as any outsider could be and undoubtedly knew things, even if he couldn't prove them...
I have no doubt in my mind
that move was as much to distract his friends as it was to be rid of Archie. With him dead, it would fuel nothing more than revenge.

Speaking of which,
the goal was to kill Jughead and none of the thousand attackers used lethal force? Dafuq?
Old May 17th, 2018, 10:22 PM #670
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

I have no doubt in my mind
that move was as much to distract his friends as it was to be rid of Archie. With him dead, it would fuel nothing more than revenge.

Speaking of which,
the goal was to kill Jughead and none of the thousand attackers used lethal force? Dafuq?
I mean if he killed Archie it'd probably make him a martyr after everything that went down this season. He, not just cause of being the main character, got himself in the public eye enough that his death would be a big deal. Sure, he owns the sheriff but he couldn't just bury the murder. And yeah, his friends would be all over it trying to figure out who did. Ruining his imagine by pinning the murder on him does a much better job at getting him out of the way. It ruins his credibility, even if they can't exactly "prove" he murdered the guy, unless they can come up with the real murderer people likely wont believe him if he tries to accuse Hiram of anything. Also no doubt we'll have an appearance of Mommy Ringwald then kicking off the season.

What's her face, Peabody, did tell Hiram that when they left Jug he wasn't breathing. So for all intents and purposes, they thought he was dead or sure as hell going to be.
Old May 17th, 2018, 10:28 PM #671
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

Alitain wrote: View Post

What's her face, Peabody, did tell Hiram that when they left Jug he wasn't breathing. So for all intents and purposes, they thought he was dead or sure as hell going to be.
And were wrong, which is the point.

Not breathing? Solvable. Skull turned to mush? Not so much.
Old May 18th, 2018, 09:11 AM #672
> ZandarLantyriel
Bandora's Apprentice

ZandarLantyriel
Bandora's Apprentice

Oh wow, did not know this, but Tall Boy's actor (Scott McNeil) is a stuper awesome voice actor and voiced tons of my favorite characters in my old beloved cartoons like Greywolf and Wrathamon from Conan the Adventurer, Rath from Mummies Alive, Jimmie Lee from Double Dragon and Flam from MLP: FiM.

Man, now I want to go back and watch Tall Boy's scenes again.

Oh and it was kinda freaky that Kevin said exacltly what I was thinking when Sherriff Kellar, FP, and Fred showed up at the diner scaring off the Ghoulies: The Hot Dads of Riverdale to the rescue *click*

Methinks Kevin doth have a daddy complex.
ZandarLantyriel is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2018, 12:16 PM #673
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

ZandarLantyriel wrote: View Post

Tall Boy's actor (Scott McNeil) is a stuper awesome voice actor and voiced tons of my favorite characters in my old beloved cartoons like Greywolf and Wrathamon from Conan the Adventurer, Rath from Mummies Alive, Jimmie Lee from Double Dragon and Flam from MLP: FiM.
You didn't recognize Bonesteel? LOL

Yeah, his voice jumped out at me before I even read his name in the credits. That ol' Piccolo/Koga register sticks out anywhere.
Old May 20th, 2018, 01:48 AM #674
> ⚡Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly

Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly

So, I was right then. I identified the Black Hood as the older Serpents guy (Tall Boy) way early on and was just waiting this whole time, but then they did all this stupid stuff that sounded like they didn't know where they wanted to go with the story anymore, and the finale has me convinced that this outcome wasn't their original plan.

Maybe they didn't lock down the actor or something, but so much of the season's second half now feels like they were scrambling to fill space where a different ending had been planned.

Lots of stuff I don't like, and it's growing even more absurd than it used to be, to the point where I just don't know how much I even care.

The original Reggie made the best choice in the world by airlocking his way out and landing on "13 Reasons Why". It's a far better show, where he got to actually act, have a coherent arc, and be apart of something meaningful. They're both shows with some ridiculous bits, but "Riverdale" this season too often feels shallow to me even when it's trying not to be. Kind of disappointing.
Multiple Man is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2018, 05:51 AM #675
> NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

From what I've seen floating around online, the actor for Tall Boy broke his neck so he couldn't film much. I think that's why they had shifted everything over to Hal and/or why everything was done/resolved so oddly.
NightMere10 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2018, 10:17 PM #676
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

Riverdale season 2 hits Netflix in about 2 hours, as a heads up for anyone else who was waiting.

(Supernatural's new season hits tomorrow I believe?)

Is there anything I should know going into the season or should I just go in blind like season 1? >_>
AkaUnlovedFyntabulous is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2018, 10:22 PM #677
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

Fyntabulous wrote: View Post

Is there anything I should know going into the season or should I just go in blind like season 1? >_>
It's not as good as the first season, that's pretty much it.
Old May 23rd, 2018, 10:49 PM #678
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

It's not as good as the first season, that's pretty much it.
I won't lie, I watch it entirely because Archie and Kevin are nice eyecandy.
AkaUnlovedFyntabulous is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2018, 10:56 PM #679
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

I won't lie, I watch it entirely because Archie and Kevin are nice eyecandy.
And there's less eye candy.

Kevin barely gets any screen time, and I'm pretty sure Apa only took his shirt off once all last year.
Old May 24th, 2018, 03:11 AM #680
> toejammer
Power Ranger

toejammer
Power Ranger

Can go in blind. They’ll give you a recap and what not at the start to jog your memory.

From personal experience id say prepare to feel a bit bored or as if they’re wasting time a little between like episodes 12-18 ( or there abouts). I felt that this is where it really starts to feel very fillery and it lost my love and attention to Dynasty.
Picks back up after that though
toejammer is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote