Home Menu

Menu

Closed

Old March 22nd, 2018, 03:22 PM #61
> Judge Joker
#PureEvilBaby

Judge Joker
#PureEvilBaby

I loved the Drakkon suit before, but holy shit does it look even sexier in live action.

Iím actually disapointed in a sense. I mean, this is SO AMAZING, but is the extent of the live action weíre getting here. I was hoping this wuld be for some live action TV movie or something. But as the comics have become my mainstay for this franchise, Iím still pleased.

Also, I really need to read Go Go too. My wallet is going to HATE me.

Edit: Actually, that gave me similar chills to the first movie teaser. Thatís a very, very good thing.
Old March 22nd, 2018, 03:41 PM #62
> RangerLobo-Guara
Power Ranger

RangerLobo-Guara
Power Ranger

RangerLobo-Guara wrote: View Post

To whoever was with me about wanting some ASJ / Jason love:

https://imgur.com/uygP4ak

https://imgur.com/RYylsXX

(images not loading...)
Here, again. Sorry for the technical issues. I had to give up loading the images, the links must work for itselves.

EDIT:

No one is discussing about...

Who is the original Drakkon that Rita mentions?

Last edited by RangerLobo-Guara; March 22nd, 2018 at 03:58 PM.
Old March 22nd, 2018, 04:20 PM #63
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

To be honest, I like the David Finch cover. Might not be his best, but it's pretty good and miles better than the one Ramos did some time ago.
Old March 22nd, 2018, 04:58 PM #64
> ryushin5
Power Ranger

ryushin5
Power Ranger

So the thing I noticed about the Ranger Slayer. I mean it's pretty obvious that it's
Kimberly

But there were some things that I noticed. With the outfit and the zord
Notice how the outfit looks kind of similar to the one from the pink mini series outfit

Also her zord is pretty much a kitbash of previous zords the rangers had which is similar to Typhonus a Zord Goldar made from previous rangers zords which ended being the zord for the All New Power rangers team

This is probably just a coincidence and i'm just reaching but I thought it was pretty funny to see the similarities. Haha
Old March 22nd, 2018, 05:27 PM #65
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Okay, so that trailer was totally cool. I want to see JDF in more live action Drakkon stuff. It'd be neat if they did a couple of these shorts as the event progresses. But yeah, looked cool and was fun. And the Drakkon suit liked nice.
Old March 22nd, 2018, 05:34 PM #66
> thunderzordpower
Power Ranger

thunderzordpower
Power Ranger

I actually can't believe how good that was.
JDF has finally remembered how to play Tommy (something I argue he hasn't been able to do since his latter stint on turbo)! That bit where he looks to the left after hearing his younger self and says "it's time" is just perfect and hits me right in the feels.

I've not really been a fan of Drakon, he feels a bit like a fan-fiction wet dream but I would definitely be up for more of this.

The music, the camera work... all sublime for PR. This is exactly what we needed from a Power Rangers movie and what us older fans need rather than the current iterations of the TV show.

Also, Ron Wasserman says on FB something big is coming up and he can't talk about it in relation to his involvement.

Last edited by thunderzordpower; March 22nd, 2018 at 05:40 PM.
Old March 22nd, 2018, 05:40 PM #67
> shsaing
Power Ranger

shsaing
Power Ranger

Can we get our voices heard and get Kyle Higgins to show some love for Austin St. John. Ever since he returned from the middle east, he has not participated in any anniversaries since then. I think this would be a great opportunity for both ASJ and Saban Brands, as well as Boom Comics. Can we spam Kyle on social media to incorporate ASJ? ASJ was the original Red Ranger, iconic too, would make sense to incorporate him for some live trailers somehow.
Old March 22nd, 2018, 05:43 PM #68
> Harpsikord
Prince of Evil

Harpsikord
Prince of Evil

That trailer was actually amazing, holy crap.

Am I the only one wishing though that they would have used Karone's scene from the end of the Legendary War morph sequence? Where she says "I love being a Power Ranger?" It was the only part of the entire thing I liked and would have fit so well with this trailer.

No? Just me? Ok. xD
Old March 22nd, 2018, 06:02 PM #69
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

I forgot to say, but the trailer made me think of something. I know it had music, but I sorta want some kind of...distorted or "corrupted" version of the MMPR theme to represent Drakkon. Or maybe just some really cool unique theme. Even though it's a comic, it'd be neat to have a real theme music for him and the Shattered Grid.

shsaing wrote: View Post

Can we get our voices heard and get Kyle Higgins to show some love for Austin St. John. Ever since he returned from the middle east, he has not participated in any anniversaries since then. I think this would be a great opportunity for both ASJ and Saban Brands, as well as Boom Comics. Can we spam Kyle on social media to incorporate ASJ? ASJ was the original Red Ranger, iconic too, would make sense to incorporate him for some live trailers somehow.
It's not like Kyle is actively stating he doesn't like ASJ or anything. But Kyle's story involves Drakkon, and so yeah he's going to get focus here for the event thus it's JDF filling in the boots. It's great you like ASJ, as many of us do, but harassing Kyle over it is far from the right thing to do, just relax. And Kyle has been doing well by ASJ with the way they've done Jason's character in both comics. Also, even if he wanted to include him, if ASJ is busy or just not into it, then there's nothing Kyle can do. So there are many factors involve, but again, just relax.
Old March 22nd, 2018, 06:06 PM #70
> HydroFlyer2.0
Ranger Reviews on YouTube

HydroFlyer2.0
Ranger Reviews on YouTube

Kyle Higgins officially completed the impossible. He made JDF become a believable actor on screen.
Old March 22nd, 2018, 06:20 PM #71
> Jerry
Withering away

Jerry
Withering away

Are the Sentries technically Rangers? That's...weird.
Old March 22nd, 2018, 06:24 PM #72
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Jerry wrote: View Post

Are the Sentries technically Rangers? That's...weird.
Well while we haven't seen one morph, they do get their powers from the power coins(and subsequent items once Drakkon starts dimension hopping), so I mean...yeah. There hasn't really been any focus on the sentries to get more of an idea about them than that, but they are using ranger powers.
Old March 22nd, 2018, 06:27 PM #73
> Jerry
Withering away

Jerry
Withering away

Alitain wrote: View Post

Well while we haven't seen one morph, they do get their powers from the power coins(and subsequent items once Drakkon starts dimension hopping), so I mean...yeah. There hasn't really been any focus on the sentries to get more of an idea about them than that, but they are using ranger powers.
Yeah, but given that it looked like legions used the same Power Coin source, I just figured they probably weren't technically "Rangers" in the traditional sense. May have just been me, lol. Just seems weird having a thousand people connected to the Grid using one coin and still calling them a Ranger.
Old March 22nd, 2018, 06:53 PM #74
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Jerry wrote: View Post

Yeah, but given that it looked like legions used the same Power Coin source, I just figured they probably weren't technically "Rangers" in the traditional sense. May have just been me, lol. Just seems weird having a thousand people connected to the Grid using one coin and still calling them a Ranger.
*shrugs* Understandable. They're probably in a bit of a grey area. Maybe just think of them as they are, Sentries that use ranger powers? Who knows.
Old March 22nd, 2018, 07:03 PM #75
> MegaZeo
Shattered Plot

MegaZeo
Shattered Plot

For everyone saying they want something like this with Jason, doesn't anyone remember that, by the time Tommy is full on white-and-green Lord Drakkon, Jason is... well, very very dead? And if they went for a prequel approach, ASJ is a little old now to be playing Season 1-era Jason.
Old March 22nd, 2018, 07:27 PM #76
> GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

Harpsikord wrote: View Post

That trailer was actually amazing, holy crap.

Am I the only one wishing though that they would have used Karone's scene from the end of the Legendary War morph sequence? Where she says "I love being a Power Ranger?" It was the only part of the entire thing I liked and would have fit so well with this trailer.

No? Just me? Ok. xD
That actually would have fit the whole edgy "You could've been Gods" thing. Since Karone was also a villain turned into a hero.
Old March 22nd, 2018, 07:30 PM #77
> Harpsikord
Prince of Evil

Harpsikord
Prince of Evil

GokaiGold wrote: View Post

That actually would have fit the whole edgy "You could've been Gods" thing. Since Karone was also a villain turned into a hero.
It's kind of also indicative of a choice that Drakkon didn't make. He chose to stay a villain, Karone chose to be a hero. She's as much the anti-Drakkon as normalverse Tommy is and it's the only time we really got a line like that.
Old March 22nd, 2018, 07:35 PM #78
> Judge Joker
#PureEvilBaby

Judge Joker
#PureEvilBaby

You know who else represents the choice Drakkon never made? Tommy.
Old March 22nd, 2018, 07:38 PM #79
> RangerLobo-Guara
Power Ranger

RangerLobo-Guara
Power Ranger

shsaing wrote: View Post

I'm not against any campaign to show some Jason/ASJ some love in the franchise. But would we have enough support?
Old March 22nd, 2018, 07:41 PM #80
> Harpsikord
Prince of Evil

Harpsikord
Prince of Evil

Judge Joker wrote: View Post

You know who else represents the choice Drakkon never made? Tommy.
You know, it's almost... almost like... I said exactly that?
Closed

Tags
his time has come