Home Menu

Menu

Old March 8th, 2018, 06:17 PM #221
> Garrek45
Power Ranger

Garrek45
Power Ranger

Wow, that's not even a comparison between Wave 1 Goku and Wave 2 Goku.
It's like a completely different company made the new one.
If they would have started with that level of quality I might have thought about grabbing a figure or two.
There was just something off with the body proportions on wave 1 Goku but this one has fixed that. Greatly improved the neck and face as well as those ugly shoulder pins, which were the major problem areas on W1 Goku.

The only negatives I can give this figure are that the mouth looks a bit "pouty" and the crotch isn't detailed. Though the mouth could just be due to the shading and the crotch is covered by the "skirt" so those are very minor.
Still, a sculpted crotch would have been better for customs.
I personally like the W1 SS Goku hair to this one, the one limp spike on the front right, his right, our left, so I guess on the left, just bugs me.

I still like the proportions of Figuarts. I especially like the sharper detail in Figuarts Hair.
At less than half the price, especially of an out of stock Figuarts he's great.
Could easily stick him in a Figuarts display and wouldn't know the difference till you got up close.
Putting this Goku next to the same Figuarts and the only difference really is the sharpness of the details and a few proportions.
Though Figuarts Goku looks more Glaring and Dragon Stars Goku more pouty.

Vegeta on the other hand, not looking so good from the Promo Shots.
Garrek45 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2018, 07:32 PM #222
> TheSentaiGuy
making idiocy an art form

TheSentaiGuy

Garrek45 wrote: View Post

I personally like the W1 SS Goku hair to this one, the one limp spike on the front right, his right, our left, so I guess on the left, just bugs me.
Haha the limp spike is actually one of my favorite things about the hair, because it's entirely accurate to how Super Saiyan Blue looks.

A lot of animators on super forget to include it, but the official character design of SSB Goku has the one asymmetrical bang.
TheSentaiGuy is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2018, 07:44 PM #223
> Thunder
Power Ranger

Thunder
Power Ranger

You know, if Bandai decided to go back and redo the Series 1 Goku to include the improvements they made with Super Saiyan Blue, I wouldn't hesitate to double dip. The improvements on this figure are minor, but they make the figure pop so much more. I'm glad I've finally completed Series 3!

Thunder is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2018, 07:47 PM #224
> TheSentaiGuy

TheSentaiGuy

Thunder wrote: View Post

You know, if Bandai decided to go back and redo the Series 1 Goku to include the improvements they made with Super Saiyan Blue, I wouldn't hesitate to double dip. The improvements on this figure are minor, but they make the figure pop so much more. I'm glad I've finally completed Series 3!

https://s9.postimg.org/nif8qk5mn/20180308_202240.jpg
Two Super Saiyan Blues? Wherever you got those wouldn't also happen to have an extra Hit, would they?
Old March 8th, 2018, 07:52 PM #225
> Thunder
Power Ranger

Thunder
Power Ranger

Sadly it's only one Super Saiyan Blue. I just took two pictures from different angles and spliced them together. Shockingly, though, my Super Target did have two of each figure from Series 3. If ya want, I can go back to see if they still have Hit either tomorrow or Saturday?
Old March 8th, 2018, 08:01 PM #226
> TheSentaiGuy

TheSentaiGuy

Sadly it's only one Super Saiyan Blue. I just took two pictures from different angles and spliced them together. Shockingly, though, my Super Target did have two of each figure from Series 3. If ya want, I can go back to see if they still have Hit either tomorrow or Saturday?
lol I'm seeing that now, oops.

If you're located in the US, I would be eternally grateful. You have no idea how tired I am of looking for that purple bastard.
Old March 8th, 2018, 08:02 PM #227
> Garrek45
Power Ranger

Garrek45
Power Ranger

TheSentaiGuy wrote: View Post

Haha the limp spike is actually one of my favorite things about the hair, because it's entirely accurate to how Super Saiyan Blue looks.

https://i.imgur.com/tO42ffA.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/EioJDE5.jpg
A lot of animators on super forget to include it, but the official character design of SSB Goku has the one asymmetrical bang.
So it is, carry on then.
Actually, guess they get bonus points for that.

Go figure.
They couldn't care less about details in the PR line but they go out of their way to make a new hair sculpt for 1 figure that will probably never be used again.
Old March 8th, 2018, 08:11 PM #228
> TheSentaiGuy

TheSentaiGuy

So it is, carry on then.
Actually, guess they get bonus points for that.

Go figure.
They couldn't care less about details in the PR line but they go out of their way to make a new hair sculpt for 1 figure that will probably never be used again.
I know right? I guess it's not hard to see why they lost the license then.
Old March 8th, 2018, 08:18 PM #229
> Thunder
Power Ranger

Thunder
Power Ranger

If you're located in the US, I would be eternally grateful. You have no idea how tired I am of looking for that purple bastard.
I'm almost right smack in the middle of the US; Nebraska.

I know your struggle all too well. Finding Super Saiyan Blue was near impossible for me up until last week. I've probably seen half a dozen purple bastards though.
Old March 8th, 2018, 08:23 PM #230
> TheSentaiGuy

TheSentaiGuy

I'm almost right smack in the middle of the US; Nebraska.

I know your struggle all too well. Finding Super Saiyan Blue was near impossible for me up until last week. I've probably seen half a dozen purple bastards though.
Awesome! Well if you happen to come across one, whenever you have the time, I'd be more than happy to buy it off ya.
Old March 9th, 2018, 07:33 AM #231
> ⚡Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

Sentai... I'm in Joplin, MO... our Vintage Stock stores have them... they're priced higher, but I can grab you Hit, if they have any left. And that goes for anyone one else in the US too. They're $27 at my stores... but it is what it is.

I can actually help you with that.

I have no idea when or why I came across this but I did.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/rucarcrazy2...p2047675.l2562
Gi symbol stickers, though granted, they may be a bit small as they are sized for Figuarts.
Might also want to take a black marker to the edges after cutting them out as well so that the edges aren't white as they do look a bit thicker than optimal.

They aren't decals and they aren't waterslides for that matter but they'll get you by.

Speaking of Waterslides, I figured I'd double check that there weren't any before hitting post and there actually are.
http://stores.ebay.com/Bad-Mother-Cu...dmd=2&_nkw=dbz
So there you go.
Appreciated! However, I'm a graphic designer with access to wide-format printers... actually... this is where I work for those interested: http://showmeprinting.com/

So I have the capability of making them AND not having them come off that I have experienced with other stickers over the years. So I'll probably do something one of these days... lol!
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2018, 02:25 PM #232
> TheSentaiGuy

TheSentaiGuy

So series 2 is on Amazon...for outrageous prices...but they did have higher res pics of the production figures.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B079J...rch&th=1&psc=1

Looks like Black may also come with an energy blade, whereas before it seemed only Zamasu was going to have one. Love that evil grin.

So Vegeta's face looks a little on the derpy side, but just as a comparison, here's the production version of Goku's face vs the released version.

I'm gonna wait and reserve my judgement.

Taichi wrote: View Post

Sentai... I'm in Joplin, MO... our Vintage Stock stores have them... they're priced higher, but I can grab you Hit, if they have any left. And that goes for anyone one else in the US too. They're $27 at my stores... but it is what it is.
Much appreciated man, $27 (plus shipping) is a bit of a big pill to swallow for one of these, so I'm gonna wait to see if Thunder comes through with that sweet sweet Target price. If not though, I'll hit you up for it in a few days, cause I've exhausted every avenue for finding this thing, and the hunt isn't fun anymore.

Last edited by TheSentaiGuy; March 9th, 2018 at 02:36 PM.
Old March 9th, 2018, 02:45 PM #233
> ⚡Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

No problem man! Just let me know. That's how I had to get Trunks.

And I and Zedd put in a pre-order at BBTS before they sold out. Total was $74.99, so about $25 a figure, but because of the hardship I've had to find these... I didn't want to risk it.
Old March 9th, 2018, 02:56 PM #234
> Garrek45
Power Ranger

Garrek45
Power Ranger

Appreciated! However, I'm a graphic designer with access to wide-format printers... actually... this is where I work for those interested: http://showmeprinting.com/

So I have the capability of making them AND not having them come off that I have experienced with other stickers over the years. So I'll probably do something one of these days... lol!
Well, Water Slide Decals aren't stickers.
They're more like heavy duty temporary tattoos.

You give them a short soak in water and it dissolves the... uh binder I guess.
Then you slide it off the paper and onto the surface and as it dries it pretty much just leaves the paint/ink.
Anyway, the idea is that you are left with the detail in place but it looks printed on.

You don't have to worry about the thickness of the sticker or white edges because there's no paper backing once applied.
They also won't peal off over time because they aren't glued, though depending on the quality they can be scratched over time, which is actually something people like them for but maybe not a positive in your case.
Most suggest clear coating over them but since the position of the two on Goku aren't near any joints it should be fine as long as your figures don't have a tendency of jumping off the shelf.

It's something to look into at least. Watch a few tutorials on youtube.
Old March 9th, 2018, 02:59 PM #235
> TheSentaiGuy

TheSentaiGuy

No problem man! Just let me know. That's how I had to get Trunks.

And I and Zedd put in a pre-order at BBTS before they sold out. Total was $74.99, so about $25 a figure, but because of the hardship I've had to find these... I didn't want to risk it.
Damn! I always forget to check BBTS, welp I'm sure I won't have any problems tracking down those three anyway. I mean, it's not like they're absurdly popular characters or anything.
Old March 9th, 2018, 03:05 PM #236
> ⚡Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

Nah... not popular at all...

Well, Water Slide Decals aren't stickers.
They're more like heavy duty temporary tattoos.

You give them a short soak in water and it dissolves the... uh binder I guess.
Then you slide it off the paper and onto the surface and as it dries it pretty much just leaves the paint/ink.
Anyway, the idea is that you are left with the detail in place but it looks printed on.

You don't have to worry about the thickness of the sticker or white edges because there's no paper backing once applied.
They also won't peal off over time because they aren't glued, though depending on the quality they can be scratched over time, which is actually something people like them for but maybe not a positive in your case.
Most suggest clear coating over them but since the position of the two on Goku aren't near any joints it should be fine as long as your figures don't have a tendency of jumping off the shelf.

It's something to look into at least. Watch a few tutorials on youtube.
Oh trust me, I know waterslide. (Old model car builder here.. lol!)

I don't mind waterslide, but honestly, I not a huge fan of them... but not opposed to using them... but I also don't have to pay for my stickers here.
Old March 9th, 2018, 06:12 PM #237
> Garrek45
Power Ranger

Garrek45
Power Ranger

Oh trust me, I know waterslide. (Old model car builder here.. lol!)

I don't mind waterslide, but honestly, I not a huge fan of them... but not opposed to using them... but I also don't have to pay for my stickers here.
Ah, well free does help.
Old March 10th, 2018, 05:57 PM #238
> Thunder
Power Ranger

Thunder
Power Ranger

Awesome! Well if you happen to come across one, whenever you have the time, I'd be more than happy to buy it off ya.
Sorry, Sentai. I checked my Target today and this is all they had left on the pegs. I also stopped by a few Gamestops just in case they restocked, but had no luck there either.

This Target is pretty good about reordering though as they got four or five shipments in of the first two series (it probably helps that one of their employees is also a fan of the line), so if you want I can keep checking. We had the girls high school state basketball championships going on last weekend and this weekend we've got the boys state championships, so I'm betting the majority were bought by out-of-towners.
Old March 10th, 2018, 07:02 PM #239
> TheSentaiGuy

TheSentaiGuy

Sorry, Sentai. I checked my Target today and this is all they had left on the pegs. I also stopped by a few Gamestops just in case they restocked, but had no luck there either.

https://s9.postimg.org/474b12gi7/20180310_150106.jpg

This Target is pretty good about reordering though as they got four or five shipments in of the first two series (it probably helps that one of their employees is also a fan of the line), so if you want I can keep checking. We had the girls high school state basketball championships going on last weekend and this weekend we've got the boys state championships, so I'm betting the majority were bought by out-of-towners.
Hey no worries, thanks so much for checking. No need to keep looking on my behalf though, I'm gonna take Taichi up on his pricier alternative, just so I can finally be done with this wave.

If you happen to come across extras of the next three figures though (and you're feeling generous) I'd appreciate it if you kept me in mind.
Old March 11th, 2018, 06:39 AM #240
> Larry Koopa
Olive Ranger

Larry Koopa
Olive Ranger

I can actually help you with that.

I have no idea when or why I came across this but I did.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/rucarcrazy2...p2047675.l2562
Those’re made by Brangeta, originally a member of the now defunct Dragon Ball Toys (née Dragon Ball Toy Island) and now the owner of Dragon Bal Figures. We go way back. I’m over there as Larry Koopa also.
Larry Koopa is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote