Home Menu

Menu

Old January 29th, 2018, 06:24 PM #221
> TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

Xenotome wrote: View Post

Die-cast... Gems? Really? I mean they're cool, but to incorporate die-cast into it?
Yeah, that stood out to me too. Maybe they'll have an inner die-cast piece to add weight, but a nice translucent outer shell?

TheDub wrote: View Post

The gems say pawer rangers legacy morpher....they doe mean power rangers ZEO morpher correct? I remember people wanting the lights to match the color if a specific ranger. Maybe this is the way to do it?
Well... they're round, so they'll fit in the MMPR Morpher, whereas I don't see how they'd fit into the Zeo one. And it looks as though the Zeo one has a multi-colour LED in it anyway, what with the movable dial and the clear plastic for the part where the light actually comes from.
TealMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2018, 06:26 PM #222
> Garrek45
Power Ranger

Garrek45
Power Ranger

grnrngr wrote: View Post

Each of the core 5 Rangers had an identical Zeonizer Crystal. And each Zeonizer comes with that Zeonizer Crystal.

Ignoring the fact that the Zeo Crystal powered the Zeo Rangers, neither the Zeo Crystal, it's sub-components, nor the Super Zeo Gems have anything to do with the Zeonizer.
I am well aware of these facts.
Would just be a nice display option, like the "Movie" coins back in the day that were ranger colored instead of gold.
It certainly makes more sense than diecast Zeo "gems" that are used in the Buckler.
Garrek45 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2018, 06:54 PM #223
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

TealMystechRanger wrote: View Post

Yeah, that stood out to me too. Maybe they'll have an inner die-cast piece to add weight, but a nice translucent outer shell?
The obsession with diecast is pissing me off. They keep trying to inflate a products worth with diecast whether it's warranted or not. Oh these helmets on a stick have a ball of diecast in the middle you can't ever see? Well better add $5 to price tag for the "quality"
Xenotome is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2018, 07:38 PM #224
> RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35

RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35

Obscure, yes, but it is another thing they can release in the Power Coin set packaging.
At first, I thought it was going to be something like the 2017 movie coins...then I remembered the Power Coin sets and figured this had to be some continuation of those.

Will have to wait and see what they look like.
RedRanger87 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2018, 07:45 PM #225
> Havoc0213
Power Ranger

Havoc0213
Power Ranger

The obsession with diecast is pissing me off. They keep trying to inflate a products worth with diecast whether it's warranted or not. Oh these helmets on a stick have a ball of diecast in the middle you can't ever see? Well better add $5 to price tag for the "quality"
"Die-cast makes it more of an adult collector's piece"... or something along those lines that people on this forum kept saying in the midst of all the Legacy zord issues. lol
Havoc0213 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2018, 08:24 PM #226
> TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

Yeah, it's pretty excessive... like, I'm loving the new Digivolving Spirits line, but I wouldn't mind if they hadn't added die-cast there. The heft is nice, but painted die-cast is such a scary thing. I already have a little scraping.

I think on rare occasions, its use is valid, but in something like this it feels so unnecessary. Maybe they feel that fans wouldn't be as inclined to buy pure lumps of plastic, or that they wouldn't feel premium enough?
TealMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2018, 08:31 PM #227
> ⚡Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

The Megazords really don’t need to have it. Weapons are okay if done right. The Dragon Dagger is a very good example of diecast... Power Sword? Not so much.

Coins definitely. That’s where the diecast shines... but I don’t feel the morphers need it sans parts that either had or could benefit... like the Zeonizer had diecast originally... so leave it as is.

There’s a time and place, unfortunately it’s all the time and all over the place with Bandai.
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2018, 08:39 PM #228
> kibapower
Unce! Unce! Unce!

kibapower
Unce! Unce! Unce!

Partially our faults, what with how die cast is so damn coveted by collectors as a standard of quality and durability. I'd rather have solid plastic parts in the right places than diecast, for which I'm glad they removed die cast feet from Figuarts.I wouldn't have minded plastic Power Coins for play, with a diecast set for display only.
kibapower is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2018, 08:53 PM #229
> mjt2
Quark tastic

mjt2
Quark tastic

They have no idea how to impliment diecast, just ask the Dragonzord.
mjt2 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2018, 11:35 PM #230
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

Yeah, I agree. Die cast is the reason these legacy zords have so many issues... the molds arent strong enough to hold all that diecast.
mmprfan09 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2018, 06:17 AM #231
> Diecast
Sigh

Diecast
Sigh

If you cruise some toy collecting Facebook groups or YouTube comment sections though, you'll often see people praising `Me` for making toys better. So many people really believe making a toy heavier automatically makes it better and/or sturdier. Nevermind the fact that all their childhood toys are busted and a third of the time they're talking about reissues meant to replace the original toys that couldn't withstand play.

And the lowest common denominator of any fanbase is almost always the loudest. I suspect companies go to Facebook/Twitter for fan feedback way more now too. Dedicated forums are far less important to them.
Diecast is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2018, 07:26 AM #232
> Dark storm
Power Ranger

Dark storm
Power Ranger

Ya know, it's really sad. It feels like we've been stuck on Zeo Ranger IV and V releases and Zeo Gold repaint discussions for the last 20 pages. When I left Discussion IV, that's what was going on for many pages, and now thread V is still discussing up to page 11 far as I can tell. I see page 12 is changing it up with talk of zeonizer.

But we haven't seen much change in terms of merch. All we've been getting is new legacy figures and a morpher. They haven't even had any original ideas lately, or legacy megazords in any form, including repaint. No Shogun or Black Tiger/Thunder/Falcon/Ninja zords. Just reimagined more expensive imaginext zords and more expensive rereleases of the exactly the same as they were in the 90's automorphin figures on new cards. Damn. They really lost their way. This is why imaginext should run BOA. BOA goes online to look for ideas. Imaginext actually loves doing this and gets their ideas from the show. They know what the fans like/want.
Dark storm is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2018, 08:10 AM #233
> BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

The release of the Super Zeo Gems is a bit odd, for all the reasons people have previously stated. Of course, I'm also a little biased because I'm over here longing for morpher compatible Alien Ranger coins. And yes, I have the Dorin Changer, but the coins in there aren't anywhere near as hefty as the MMPR coins.
BigMDtheSequel is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2018, 10:17 AM #234
> Mr. Yellow
Twitter - @MisturYellow

Mr. Yellow
Twitter - @MisturYellow

The “Alien coins” were never in the American show.
Mr. Yellow is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2018, 10:22 AM #235
> rb123
Corinth Ranger

rb123
Corinth Ranger

Each of the core 5 Rangers had an identical Zeonizer Crystal. And each Zeonizer comes with that Zeonizer Crystal.

Ignoring the fact that the Zeo Crystal powered the Zeo Rangers, neither the Zeo Crystal, it's sub-components, nor the Super Zeo Gems have anything to do with the Zeonizer.
Yeah, as a kid I was wishing that there would be some explanation about the Zeo Crystal compressing itself into those Zeonizer Crystals, and I wished that each of the Rangers had a different color. That sadly never seemed to be the case, but I can head-cannon anything I want now!

The release of the Super Zeo Gems is a strange one, but I'm very excited that Zeo is getting so much focus. Yes, it would be more exciting to hear news of a Legacy Shogun Megazord, but as many have pointed out on this board, we probably shouldn't hold our breath. Bandai seems to want to release it, but they may not be able to at this time. I also wish that they would just release the Black and Yellow 1995 Movie morphers, but I suppose I shouldn't get my hopes up at this point.

Since 2013, we've gotten more outstanding merchandise from this Legacy line than I could have ever possibly dreamed, so I can't help but be grateful that it's lasted this long. I know we have our valid complaints, but really look at your collections of Legacy Megazords and Prop items. Whenever I do, I can't help but feel like a kid again and think WOW THIS IS COOL.
rb123 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2018, 10:30 AM #236
> Dino_Ranger_White
White Ranger_Dino Power!

Dino_Ranger_White
White Ranger_Dino Power!

I don't understand why they are doing Zeo Crystals when the actual props
were quite large. Unless they are just doing multi-colored versions
of the crystal that snaps into the morpher, which sounds like what we are getting.

For the $100+ price tag of the Zeonizer, all five colored crystals should
come with it from the beginning… not adding another $80 for a "Special" set.
Dino_Ranger_White is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2018, 10:35 AM #237
> RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35

RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35

Dino_Ranger_White wrote: View Post

of the crystal that snaps into the morpher, which sounds like what we are getting.

These will most likely be $24.99 as they are probably going to be sold in the same assortment sku as the Legacy Power Coins.
RedRanger87 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2018, 10:49 AM #238
> ElusiveWookiee
Powered Up For More

ElusiveWookiee
Powered Up For More

Dino_Ranger_White wrote: View Post

I believe these would be Super Zeo Gems, the little discs that Trey gave to the rangers to "unlock" the Super Zeo Zords. An obscure choice, for sure.

I've wanted a 1:1 scale Zeo Crystal for 20 years. I finally got tired of waiting and just made my own. If they follow through with the Super gems, it will make a nice display.
ElusiveWookiee is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2018, 10:59 AM #239
> Kylash327
PlasticGeek

Kylash327
PlasticGeek

Wake me up when they get to the Legacy Beetle Bonder and VR Virtualizers...
Kylash327 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2018, 11:08 AM #240
> Mr. Yellow
Twitter - @MisturYellow

Mr. Yellow
Twitter - @MisturYellow

Kylash327 wrote: View Post

Wake me up when they get to the Legacy Beetle Bonder and VR Virtualizers...
Will do, Mr. Van Winkle. You’re better off waiting for Legacy Metal Heroes.
Mr. Yellow is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote