Home Menu

Menu

Old January 16th, 2018, 03:07 PM #401
> RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter

RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter

MoonsKnight wrote: View Post

Guess it's time to start reconnecting with the fandom. I haven't been to PMC since the very first small, intimate Morphicon back in 2007. But my friend talked me into going this year, so I'm excited to finally be returning to Cali for another PMC.

Seeing as I haven't watched any Power Rangers since about halfway through Super Megas, I guess I have some catching up to do before the con...?
*shrugs* Watch vanilla DC, watch some Ninja Steel and you're good.

Also, know that PMC has changed a whole lot since then. It's changed ownership, changed format and grown a ton. It's not regional anime or comic con big, but it's definitely...sizable. You'll be hanging with a couple thousand of your closest friends.
RitoRevolto is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2018, 04:08 PM #402
> PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

Patricia Ja Lee was at Anime Expo from 2007 through 2009, she hasn't done another convention since, it makes me wonder if she had a negative fan experience at those cons that made her not want to do shows, conventions anymore. Sadly, that was before I started attending cons, since this year is the 20th anniversary of In Space, it would be awesome if she attended Morphicon this year, which she never has.
PopCultureLover06 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2018, 08:43 AM #403
> Andros
Burajira

Andros
Burajira

Wasn't she on the possible list for Ranger Stop? That whole thing was weird. Some guests were announced as possible and then didnt get selected. I didn't understand what happened there.

EDIT: Appears the voting is still up. I would assume that these people wouldnt be listed if they hadnt already agreed to come if picked. Patty is on that list. Maybe she is slowly getting back into the con circuit.

https://www.rangerstop.com/votingnull

Last edited by Andros; January 19th, 2018 at 09:12 AM.
Andros is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2018, 09:46 AM #404
> PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

Andros wrote: View Post

Wasn't she on the possible list for Ranger Stop? That whole thing was weird. Some guests were announced as possible and then didnt get selected. I didn't understand what happened there.

EDIT: Appears the voting is still up. I would assume that these people wouldnt be listed if they hadnt already agreed to come if picked. Patty is on that list. Maybe she is slowly getting back into the con circuit.

https://www.rangerstop.com/votingnull
Awesome, I voted for her to attend, also, I believe Johnny Young Bosch has only attended Morphicon just once right?
Old January 19th, 2018, 10:03 PM #405
> TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay

So ASJ is scheduled to be at Michigan Comic Con on the same weekend as PMC this year. That's crazy that he would skip Morphicon for a random con in Detroit.
TheTerrorToad87 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2018, 10:17 PM #406
> PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

TheTerrorToad87 wrote: View Post

So ASJ is scheduled to be at Michigan Comic Con on the same weekend as PMC this year. That's crazy that he would skip Morphicon for a random con in Detroit.
Most likely it's because he doesn't want to be in the same convention as JDF, looks like they still haven't buried the hatchet
Old January 20th, 2018, 08:15 AM #407
> TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay

Yeah JDF said there was no beef, I guess not. But still they should both get over themselves and put the fans first. Especially since we pretty much pay their bills at this point.
Old January 20th, 2018, 08:18 AM #408
> AnAlpha
Power Ranger

32 eBay
AnAlpha
Power Ranger

32 eBay

PopCultureLover06 wrote: View Post

Most likely it's because he doesn't want to be in the same convention as JDF, looks like they still haven't buried the hatchet
IIRC, weren't they both at NYCC?
AnAlpha is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2018, 10:30 AM #409
> TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger

TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger

PopCultureLover06 wrote: View Post

JDF is only scheduled one day. I always assumed ASJ would just go the other day

I'm thankful I met ASJ multiple times at LA comic con. It's down the street from my house he always goes
TyrannoRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2018, 02:14 PM #410
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

Luckily I met ASJ several times so its no biggie for me. Steve Cardenas could fill in anyway.

Im happy Jdf Will be there only because he never comes to cons in my area.

Hopefully Jdf will convince Ajj to come. Lol
mmprfan09 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2018, 02:46 PM #411
> Mikado
Power Ranger

Mikado
Power Ranger

Hey folks, coming across the pond from the UK for this one, all on my loansome so, wondering where everyone's staying?
Mikado is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2018, 03:58 PM #412
> hasbro_primo
Primo of Power

hasbro_primo
Primo of Power

If Michigan is paying more, that wouldn't be crazy at all.

Not to mention there's like a 50% chance the Morphicon staff hasn't even invited him yet. You know how slow they are on that front.

Mikado wrote: View Post

Hey folks, coming across the pond from the UK for this one, all on my loansome so, wondering where everyone's staying?
The majority of fans will undoubtedly book the Anaheim Hilton, official hotel of Morphicon this year.

That said, there are NUMEROUS hotels in the area, many of which will save you more money if cash is a concern for you.
hasbro_primo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2018, 04:48 PM #413
> TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay

Ankh Primo wrote: View Post

If Michigan is paying more, that wouldn't be crazy at all.

Not to mention there's like a 50% chance the Morphicon staff hasn't even invited him yet. You know how slow they are on that front.
It won't matter if PMC invites him or not now, he's already booked in Michigan. And he won't have a quarter of the business he would get at Morphicon. He came to my local con in Portland a couple years ago and he had a mostly empty line for most of the day.

mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

Luckily I met ASJ several times so its no biggie for me. Steve Cardenas could fill in anyway.

Im happy Jdf Will be there only because he never comes to cons in my area.

Hopefully Jdf will convince Ajj to come. Lol
JDF was wanting the whole original team to reunite, but not gonna happen now. If Amy Jo doesn't attend I don't think I really even need to go this year.
Old January 20th, 2018, 05:08 PM #414
> hasbro_primo
Primo of Power

hasbro_primo
Primo of Power

It won't matter if PMC invites him or not now, he's already booked in Michigan.
Thus my point. He more than likely wasn't even told about Morphicon before Michigan Conic Con snapped him up.

And he won't have a quarter of the business he would get at Morphicon. He came to my local con in Portland a couple years ago and he had a mostly empty line for most of the day.
Less sure money always beats more maybe money.
Old January 20th, 2018, 06:04 PM #415
> TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay

He knows about Morphicon he's been to 3 of them now. Clearly he made the decision not to attend intentionally. I can understand if it was for personal reasons but I can pretty much guarantee it was not the best business decision. But ultimately it's his call.
Old January 20th, 2018, 07:52 PM #416
> ⚡OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay
OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay

He knows about Morphicon he's been to 3 of them now. Clearly he made the decision not to attend intentionally. I can understand if it was for personal reasons but I can pretty much guarantee it was not the best business decision. But ultimately it's his call.
Honestly, there's actually a good chance he'll make more at Michigan. As you said, he's been to 3 of them, 2 of those being the last 2 consecutively. A bulk of the people who go to PMC are the same people, con after con. Yes, each year its gotten bigger and brought in more faces, but many of those numbers are on top of the same people who's already been. ASJ's been out in the convention scene now for a couple years, so anyone who's wanted to meet him has had ample opportunity without even having to travel too far. Hell just a couple weeks ago he was about an hour from me at a comic shop. The longer they are out there, the shorter the lines get. People who were at PMC 4 and 5 and met him are, in the majority, not nearly as likely to jump back in line again. Look at David Yost. He showed up to PMC3 for the first time, and people waited in line for HOURS to meet him. Flash forward 2 years later to PMC4, and his line is already non-existent for most of the con, with people who did have to wait spending less than 10-15 minutes. Now I wasn't at PMC5 ( ), so I can't speak of how long ASJ's lines were, but from what I've seen from JDF, other original rangers, and even later, but still popular rangers, is that the longer they are in the con scene, the shorter the lines get, especially at repeat cons they've done in the past. So people at the Michigan con, while never considering to fly out to LA for a power ranger themed con, may be far more likely to look and say "look, it's the original red ranger" and jump in line to pay the 30-40, or whatever he is charging now, for a single autograph, than fans at PMC, where maybe half to 2/3 or more of the attendees have already met him and don't have the desire to drop the money again.
OmegaRangerRed is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2018, 10:24 PM #417
> TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay

I wonder how much longer these conventions in general will last, they are pretty much the same every year.
Old January 20th, 2018, 10:57 PM #418
> hasbro_primo
Primo of Power

hasbro_primo
Primo of Power

I wonder how much longer these conventions in general will last, they are pretty much the same every year.
If we keep coming, they'll keep lasting.
Old January 21st, 2018, 06:52 AM #419
> ⚡OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay
OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay

Yea. I don't see them dying out any time soon, but I think price will be the biggest factor. The fact that the prices of autographs have steadily rose each year for most of these actors makes it hard to go and meet as many as you used to. At PMC2 you could get an autograph and pic with almost any actor and still get change back from a $20 bill. Now you are paying $50ish, on average, for the same thing, from a single actor. As more fans meet them, and the prices continue to rise, they are going to be less willing to go back for another pic with or autograph from (as previously stated). Add in the cost of simply going to the con too. For example, this August my wife, son, and I will be flying out to LA. There's a $1,000 bill. Then add in getting to/from the airport (for the first time, I doubt we're getting a rental car), and that's another $100. Now factor in the hotel stay for the 5 nights we go out there, and we are adding another $1,000 to the bill, and we can't forget the actual cost to go to the con, 2 gold passes (thankfully Jason gets in for free), and that's another $350, bringing the total cost to around $2,450. Mind you, this isn't even factoring in anything to eat out there, which for 2 adults and a child will probably average $75 a day, bringing that total up to $2,900 now, and that isn't counting for a single cent of what is actually spent at the convention itself.
OmegaRangerRed is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2018, 07:47 AM #420
> blurredlights
Completely Undone

blurredlights
Completely Undone

Mikado wrote: View Post

My friend booked a room at Anaheim Hilton, and we're sharing so we could split the hotel costs between the two of us.
blurredlights is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
bring deodorant, morphicon 6, wear deodorant