Home Menu

Menu

Old May 9th, 2019, 10:07 AM #41
> WarOmnimon
EHHHH?

WarOmnimon
EHHHH?

If it's a music themed Rider, I'm on board by default.

christopherjohn wrote: View Post

Music theme riders would work great. Think of it as they find or are given an outdated belt. So the first rider is using cassette tapes. So music would play a part to it. The cassette powers it. Limited to while the music is playing meaning while the suit is on without the playing music you're just a weakling. The riders progress to cd's gives them more powers and more music to work with. Finally digital unlimited power. So many different forms so much you can play with. Weapons as instruments again. It really does lend itself to be explored for a lot of toys. Hell think of the fact you can sell toys for past riders that play their theme song. Possibly even giving them season theme instruments weapons. It would also be the 15th anniversary to Hibiki.
^ All of this.

FlameDragon wrote: View Post

dude, an idol rider series could be a great way to introduce new people to the kamen rider franchise. especially to start off the new era of reiwa. with anime such as love live and idols like akb48 being massively popular, it would be a no brainier to tap into that market. maybe even with the first female lead in rider!
^ Also all of this. And before anyone says "but a female lead wouldn't work or sell", such a series wouldn't necessarily have to feature a female lead. An idol Rider could work given that male idols are a thing. And yeah, in relates to Love Live and so forth... THE iDOLM@STER (Which is Love Live's main competition but still) hits its 15th anniversary next year. And like Kamen Rider, iM@S is a Bandai Namco franchise, so that could lead to some kind of tie-in like Ex-Aid did with some of Namco's old school games.
WarOmnimon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2019, 10:22 AM #42
> FerrousMaelstrom
Power Ranger

FerrousMaelstrom
Power Ranger

So as I always feel stupidly obligated to point out; don't necessarily believe the rumours but fun to theorize anyway.

That said, I would love a music rider. Cassettes or CDs as collectible probably, a bit of a throwback but there isn't really any way to get streaming into a collectible. That said, we did literally have USB sticks so who knows. Could have main Rider with a bunch of forms based on different genres, multi-Rider series with many different genre Riders, probably a mix of both. Get a main Rider actor who can sing (shouldn't be too hard looking at their track record). I don't think jumping straight to female main Rider would be done, but a female idol singer could be a good secondary. And another random thing; insert songs could be diegetic; as in, the Rider actually sings the songs in-universe for some reason.
FerrousMaelstrom is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2019, 10:29 AM #43
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

bushwacka666 wrote: View Post

*GASP* OMG, yes! The backup dancers could even be our Rider-like foot soldiers. Even if there's no actual female Rider, the dancer soldiers could be females - that would be something like the sound of all of this. Just imagine it: the cassette Rider's powers get interrupted when the belt chews up his tape! The CD Rider quickly skips between different tracks for varied attacks, the digital Rider just downloads new powers on the fly... As a certain George would say, the possibilities are endless!

The back dancers could be the riders information providers and also promote him. They’d be like groupies
Gold Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2019, 10:37 AM #44
> Timeline15
Power Ranger

Timeline15
Power Ranger

*GASP* OMG, yes! The backup dancers could even be our Rider-like foot soldiers. Even if there's no actual female Rider, the dancer soldiers could be females - that would be something different.
So basically Gaim, except with the beat riders actually having a reason to exist, and having more than 3 lines of dialogue between them. Yeah, I'd be up for that.
Timeline15 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2019, 01:18 PM #45
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper

But what about Zi-O is actually Deadpool-ish? Because I genuinely can't see the connection on that one.
Breaking the fourth wall?

The .5 episodes did that.

And if they don't actually call him "Spider Rider", I would be extremely disappointed!

Gold Samurai wrote: View Post

The back dancers could be the riders information providers and also promote him. They’d be like groupies
So Woz controlled by Ryutaros?

I can dig it.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2019, 01:43 PM #46
> Sevenlima
Power Ranger

Sevenlima
Power Ranger

I'd like to see something in the lines of nova from nova corps.
Sevenlima is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2019, 08:21 PM #47
> Cuchulainn
century color

Cuchulainn
century color

A music Rider with forms based on genres is something I've always wanted, so I hope that's true. I'm also assuming the "Spider-Man" element more implies the character's personality or relationship with his community, but I'd be totally down for a spider-themed Rider. Spiders have that connection to being a "first" thing in Kamen Rider, after all.
Cuchulainn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2019, 08:57 PM #48
> maslego
Idea Ranger

maslego
Idea Ranger

Duke said on twitter the newest phrases were "businessman" and that the collectable was cases. That...seems like a radical shift from music rider.
maslego is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2019, 09:15 PM #49
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

maslego wrote: View Post

Duke said on twitter the newest phrases were "businessman" and that the collectable was cases. That...seems like a radical shift from music rider.
Maybe he's a mild-mannered businessman by day, but secretly a music-manic themed superhero by...well still day but you know what I mean! XD
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2019, 09:18 PM #50
> yami senshi youkaiou
MCU Darkhawk

yami senshi youkaiou
MCU Darkhawk

Part of me is tempted to Joke that we might get our first female main Rider, and that the show could be a Kamen Rider version of Jem.
yami senshi youkaiou is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old May 9th, 2019, 09:26 PM #51
> PowerPhantom245
Rookie Red Raptor Ranger

PowerPhantom245
Rookie Red Raptor Ranger

yami senshi youkaiou wrote: View Post

Part of me is tempted to Joke that we might get our first female main Rider, and that the show could be a Kamen Rider version of Jem.
Toei, a SAME studio that makes Sentai, couldn't even BOTHER to get 2 FEMALE RANGERS FOR ANY DINO 4 THEME SENTAI (MAIN TEAM; Zyuranger (1992), Abaranger (2003; though, it is 3-men team so there's no room for another female ranger (Emi-pon/AbaraPink doesn't count)), Kyoryuger (2013), and Ryusoulger (2019)).
People sincerely think there's going to be female MAIN Kamen Rider... in Japan? Get real. lol
If this was USA, we would have gotten one already due to political correctness and SJW.
PowerPhantom245 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2019, 09:52 PM #52
> SuperStar
Power Ranger

SuperStar
Power Ranger

PowerPhantom245 wrote: View Post

Abaranger (2003; though, it is 3-men team so there's no room for another female ranger
Not with that attitude there isn't!

People sincerely think there's going to be female MAIN Kamen Rider... in Japan? Get real. lol
No one sincerely thinks that, we just are wishfully thinking that.
SuperStar is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old May 9th, 2019, 09:56 PM #53
> LazerwolfX
Fight of Hammer

LazerwolfX
Fight of Hammer

If this was USA, we would have gotten one already due to political correctness and SJW.
Checkmate, Liberals?

LazerwolfX is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2019, 10:27 PM #54
> PowerPhantom245
Rookie Red Raptor Ranger

PowerPhantom245
Rookie Red Raptor Ranger

LazerwolfX wrote: View Post

Checkmate, Liberals?

https://i.imgur.com/kd7Qumk.gif
I don't get the meme (I NEVER studied Meme-ology ), but OK?
My point is that if American studio EVER decided to make their own original Kamen Rider series or completely original tokusatsu show, we probably would have gotten female lead heroes; especially due to saturation what we got from DC (Wonder Woman), Marvel (Captain Marvel, upcoming Black Widow, etc.). etc. (Doctor Who).
PowerPhantom245 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2019, 10:30 PM #55
> AkaCornSnackEtc
Give Praise Unto Me

AkaCornSnackEtc
Give Praise Unto Me

My point is that if American studio EVER decided to make their own original Kamen Rider series or completely original tokusatsu show, we probably would have gotten female lead heroes; especially due to saturation what we got from DC (Wonder Woman), Marvel (Captain Marvel, upcoming Black Widow, etc.). etc. (Doctor Who).
So...the "PC and SJW" was unironic?
AkaCornSnackEtc is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2019, 11:19 PM #56
> GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

One movie in 2016 and one movie in 2019 is not saturation. Not sure what political correctness has to do with it.
GokaiGold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2019, 11:36 PM #57
> screamqueen
Power Ranger

screamqueen
Power Ranger

Japan has somewhat moved on socially over the years. Anyone that thinks that no one in Japan notices or cares about sexism in the media is wrong - yes! Even toku! There was that incident last year for instance where a hotel pulled a commercial advertising Kamen Rider-themed rooms "for boys" and PreCure "for girls" because parents complained. When the Cross-Z movie was released I saw a fair bit of discussion on social media by Japanese fans who didn't like Yui existing just to be a love interest and get rescued by Ryuuga. It doesn't change Toei's attitude of course but the whole "but Japan!" is just patronising and a bit racist

A main female Rider seems unlikely but, as with all things, could happen if they thought they could make it sell - possibly with the right actor (like how LuPat was boosted by Haruka Kudo's presence) or if she were a Rider but not the protagonist, like Kabuto or Hibiki. Maybe not for a long time, but then never say never. And since Power Rangers hasn't given us a female Red, has stopped genderswitching Rangers to be female on teams that originally had only one woman, and frequently screws over female characters in toy releases I doubt we would "already have a female lead in the US because of SJWs!"

"Businessman" makes me think of Leito in Ultraman Geed, who was a fun character. A protagonist like that seems unlikely though unless it's something the whole company is in on and he can disappear from his job as necessary (like, say, Emu)
screamqueen is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2019, 11:56 PM #58
> Visser Three
Power Ranger

Visser Three
Power Ranger

What if businessman means he's like a Tony Stark character? Like some kinda billionaire philanthropist that invented his own Rider gear?
Visser Three is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2019, 12:00 AM #59
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper

Visser Three wrote: View Post

What if businessman means he's like a Tony Stark character? Like some kinda billionaire philanthropist that invented his own Rider gear?
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2019, 12:11 AM #60
> Visser Three
Power Ranger

Visser Three
Power Ranger

AkaPrimoKanyeWest wrote: View Post

Well, this could be a Rider who's actually the hero this time and not an antagonist?

I'm not sure what to make of any of the hints honestly.
Visser Three is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote