Home Menu

Menu

Old April 10th, 2019, 10:11 AM #41
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Amazing Spider-Man#19

The Vulture addresses the assembled villains, telling them a tall tale of how the Gibbon helped him find a weakness in one of the Hunter avatars. Peter arrives to debunk his story, but it turns out it's partially true, Peter tries to convince them they can't trust Tooms, but Rhino suddenly spots him and tries to throttle Spidey, still angry Peter left him to be captured to save Aunt May a few issues ago. Meanwhile, Felicia disposes of her guard using her bad luck powers and a nearby snow leopard. Felicia tells Billy Connors they're in this together. Taskmaster meets up with Arcade, and he's brought The Lizard with him. Peter begins to grow frustrated and takes his anger out on a hunter avatar. He's about to kill it when he is stopped by Black Ant, who claims to know the truth about the park, and he wants Spidey to know
Cameron Samurai is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2019, 11:07 AM #42
> Adara.2
Power Ranger

Adara.2
Power Ranger

With the way Namor has been written, you kind of wonder if he'd be rehabilitated more if he was in the Steven Universe setting.
Adara.2 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2019, 01:10 PM #43
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Captain Marvel

In order to get the better of the Nuclear Man, Carol tells Rogue to drain her just enough she can take control of her body

Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Last edited by Cameron Samurai; April 10th, 2019 at 01:10 PM.
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old April 10th, 2019, 04:49 PM #44
> Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

Unstoppable Wasp:
Nadia has made portable wing packs and issued them to Taina and Priya. Priya has also gained plant creation powers after being gassed a few issues ago. Shay and Ying reveal themselves as a lesbian couple to Shay's actress mother in LA, but Mom doesn't approve, so Shay storms off. Ying gives her a mouthful and then goes after Shay, they kiss. In therapy, Nadia was asked what she does outside of STEM and superhero stuff. The therapist asks if she's ever been to a birthday party... she doesn't even know when her birthday is, so they decide that Nadia will have a party tonight. Janet and Mockingbird go around inviting people, including Tigra and Bucky.

Titans
Beast Boy shoves Mother Blood into the Bleed, then Raven pulls him out. Fight over and Beast Boy is back to normal. In flashback, we see how Nightwing brought Raven onto the team in the first place. The end!

Last edited by Digifiend; April 10th, 2019 at 04:49 PM.
Digifiend is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2019, 05:01 PM #45
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Know that it's sometimes unfair to compare them, but you know how the Avengers are considered to have 3 really big enemies (Ultron, Kang and various Masters of Evil incarnations), would you say it is the same with the Justice League, and who would you say they are? I'm thinking Darkseid andvarious incarnations of Injustice League/Secret Society of Supervillains/Legion of Doom, but not sure who the third would be.
Dragonwolf Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2019, 10:55 PM #46
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Doomsday Clock and Shazam slip further back again

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/04...-slip-further/
Old April 10th, 2019, 11:56 PM #47
> Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

I'm pretty sure this thread is at more than its third edition.

GoldAnyRanger wrote: View Post

That;s nowhere near the worst thing he's done to a teamate. When Big Barda was with the League, he turned himself into a dress that she wore for a few panels, before learning the truth.

[url=https://ibb.co/MZwqw7S]https://i.ibb.co/GnYgYRp/Big-Barda-3.jpg[/url
Oh Plastic Manů

Virus wrote: View Post

From old thread

Adara.2 wrote:
If they want to "modernize" Barbara, might as well make her down for polygamy. Or make her bisexual. There is A LOT of material.
Couldn't be any worse than the Burnside stuff.
Didn't that already happen? I struggle to believe Chuck Dixon hadn't made Barbara bisexual in Birds of Prey, and almost completely impossible to believe Gail Simone didn't.

Something seems off about that picture. I can't put my finger on it. It just seems off to me.

Something I found on DC's Reddit
https://i-cdn.embed.ly/1/display?key...ri727r2r21.jpg
One of the many reasons I hate New 52
Kara looks really odd in that picture. Miss Martian looks a little odd as well but being Miss Martian it's to be expected.

No, I don't hate the pic. This was going to be an attempt at creating a new Young Justice team. We never got it because of New 52. My hate it because we didn't get it.
Hang on, Kara and Stephanie on a Young Justice team? Wait, more worryingly, Stephanie and Damian on the same team? Those two were really funny together but I don't think that would translate over to a team book all that well.

Digifiend wrote: View Post

That's a surprise for two reasons. One, I thought Young Animal died when the last Doom Patrol series ended, and two, yet another new Green Lantern, seriously?
Standard DC operating protocal - when in doubt add a new Green Lantern. They're going to have to invent new space sectors at this rate.

It was Didio. Who else would be that fucking stupid. Man never saw a reboot he didn't like.

And it is unfortunate. It would have been good character building, especially for Kara. Better than what she got Post-Flashpoint. Though that pic did launch a 'ship' apparently.
Wait - that's where the Steph/Damian shipping came from? I thought it was built off how funny the pair were when forced to work together.

Dragonwolf Ranger wrote: View Post

Know that it's sometimes unfair to compare them, but you know how the Avengers are considered to have 3 really big enemies (Ultron, Kang and various Masters of Evil incarnations), would you say it is the same with the Justice League, and who would you say they are? I'm thinking Darkseid andvarious incarnations of Injustice League/Secret Society of Supervillains/Legion of Doom, but not sure who the third would be.
Am I allowed to say DC editorial? No? Then how about Brainiac? The only other real option I can think of is Azamo but I can't bring myself to care about him.
Long Time Newbie is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2019, 11:59 PM #48
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Symbiote Spider-Man#1

Mysterio robs a bank, but an encounter with a security guard results in a shooting and another employee at the bank is killed. Peter retrieves a piece of stolen art ("The Screamer") and battles the Human Fly. Later, he returns to his apartment and is awoken in the morning by Felicia, out of costume for once (and, for some reason, almost blonde). Tired of being accused of loving only Spider-Man, she wants to experience life on Peter's side of things. Peter takes her to Uncle Ben's grave and tells her about him.

Peter spots Quentin Beck visiting the grave of the bank employee killed during his robbery. While Peter goes and confronts Mysterio, Felicia meets Aunt May. She tells him she is Peter's lover and girlfriend, and May asks if Peter listens to her, and if he does, if she could convince him to go back to college (she was mad at him around this phase of the Symbiote saga in the 80s).

Peter battles Mysterio, angered at his involvement in the death that occured during the robbery. Mysterio clams it was his sister he was mourning, which rattles Peter. Mysterio then sets off explosives, Peter escapes and the symbiote changes him back, but Mysterio witnesses it. He now knows the costume is alive
Old April 11th, 2019, 12:00 AM #49
> Virus
Power Ranger

Virus
Power Ranger

Long Time Newbie wrote: View Post

Didn't that already happen? I struggle to believe Chuck Dixon hadn't made Barbara bisexual in Birds of Prey, and almost completely impossible to believe Gail Simone didn't.
Well she and Dinah were rather close....

Wait - that's where the Steph/Damian shipping came from? I thought it was built off how funny the pair were when forced to work together.

Actually I meant Damian and Irey
Virus is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2019, 12:39 AM #50
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper

Cameron Samurai wrote: View Post

Oh, you can tell
Strange remembers the original timeline and is dissing the Spider-doof.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2019, 12:54 AM #51
> Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

Symbiote Spider-Man#1

Later, he returns to his apartment and is awoken in the morning by Felicia, out of costume for once (and, for some reason, almost blonde).
That reminds me of the 90s cartoon - she was blonde when not in costume there (I suspect because the cartoon combined her with Gwen Stacy).
Old April 11th, 2019, 01:18 AM #52
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Digifiend wrote: View Post

That reminds me of the 90s cartoon - she was blonde when not in costume there (I suspect because the cartoon combined her with Gwen Stacy).
Yeah, they had it so her white hair was merely a result of her genetic enhancement whenever she switched to Black Cat mode

We have our first teaser of Matt Fraction's Jimmy Olsen book

Last edited by Cameron Samurai; April 11th, 2019 at 01:32 AM.
Old April 11th, 2019, 03:38 AM #53
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Another deal with the devil incoming
Ataruman is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2019, 03:46 AM #54
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

He'll just quit and go the easy way of accepting satan's offer again. He's that ineffective and coward.
Spider-Phoenix is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2019, 05:19 AM #55
> Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

Yeah... I think Champions #4 hinted at this.
At the end of the issue, Blackheart and Mephisto had a discussion about Miles's deal to save Kamala. Mephisto admits he just likes messing with Spider-Men... and he's not done with them.

Could that be setting up the crossover between Miles and Peter that starts in the FCBD Spider-Man issue?
Old April 11th, 2019, 09:28 AM #56
> Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!

Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!

So having actually READ the issue... People overreacted and it was indeed Peter's escape reflex while he needed to think, with him getting his head together by the end. People can calm down now

I really love the writing in this book overall. There is much more emphasis on the "friendly neighborhood" part, with Peter just generally being there for his friends and neighbors. It's nice seeing a Spider-Man book with emphasis on his life as Peter Parker.

Last edited by Miraculous Bikkun; April 11th, 2019 at 09:34 AM.
Miraculous Bikkun is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2019, 09:40 AM #57
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Miraculous Bikkun wrote: View Post

So having actually READ the issue... People overreacted and it was indeed Peter's escape reflex while he needed to think, with him getting his head together by the end. People can calm down now
I've read the reactions and people who went through the entire book still aren't happy with Peter's reaction and what he put himself through. This is the man who put himself through public humilation chickening out of his first rematch with the Green Goblin to make sure his Aunt was alright. As recently as Spencer's run, he wilfully allowed Rhino to be captured by Taskmaster and Black Ant to try and salvage May from the ruins of a building.

The guy has known better in the past than to rage against the dying of the light like this, and he is always there for her without hesitation.

The only way I can salvage this goes back to him vaguely recalling the deal he made, and he resents the cosmic fates paying him back for that selfish act with something like cancer, and that he feels he's unworthy of giving her attention.
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old April 11th, 2019, 09:44 AM #58
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

Doomsday Clock and Shazam slip further back again

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/04...-slip-further/
Just give us the explanation on why Doomsday Clock has been constantly delayed, Didio.
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2019, 09:53 AM #59
> Virus
Power Ranger

Virus
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush wrote: View Post

Just give us the explanation on why Doomsday Clock has been constantly delayed, Didio.
He can't because that would be admitting that he sucks at his job
Virus is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2019, 09:55 AM #60
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

I've just thought back to Bendis and what he said about Jon being a kid with special needs

Based on what we learn from Superman#10, Jon is basically ten years old in the head, and physically close to adulthood, so he's now a man-child with stinted mental growth.