Home Menu

Menu

Old March 9th, 2019, 10:05 AM #61
> Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster

Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster

Salted Pepper wrote: View Post

I don't think so, no PR fan cares if Jenna Rae Frank becomes the next red ranger or green ranger or whatever
Hi! I made the thread, because I actually care.

Not because of drama, not because I like to hate-watch.

But I'm glad other people speak for the entire fandom.
Zeo Cereal is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 10:16 AM #62
> ⚡TuxedoK
Old School Mod Justice.

1 eBay
TuxedoK
Old School Mod Justice.

1 eBay

And this has gone on long enough. It devolved into what I expected it too.
Closing this up for now, unless we get some actual news for it.
TuxedoK is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old April 30th, 2019, 09:09 AM #63
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

It appears there's some activity going on at Bat In The Sun again. JDF, Ciara, Jenna Frank, and two other familiar faces....Johnny Young Bosch and Jason Faunt

https://m.facebook.com/jasondfrank/p...composer=false
Cameron Samurai is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2019, 09:22 AM #64
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

Jdf not only wants the franchise to himself... now he wants to shove his daughter down our throats...
mmprfan09 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old April 30th, 2019, 09:52 AM #65
> ⚡Dyl
Install Megaranger!

eBay
Dyl
Install Megaranger!

eBay

SonicBlueRanger wrote: View Post

So the guys defending him are just going to ignore the fact he's a shit dad to his less marketable kids? Ok cool.
This is a warning to every one, these types of comments are not allowed or else this thread will be closed and infractions will be handed out. Let's be civil,
Dyl is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2019, 10:02 AM #66
> toejammer
Power Ranger

toejammer
Power Ranger

Cameron Samurai wrote: View Post

It appears there's some activity going on at Bat In The Sun again. JDF, Ciara, Jenna Frank, and two other familiar faces....Johnny Young Bosch and Jason Faunt

Saw this on instagram. Probably be a while until its released but definitely looks interesting. I get a sort of star wars rogue one vibe

Dyl wrote: View Post

This is a warning to every one, these types of comments are not allowed or else this thread will be closed and infractions will be handed out. Let's be civil,
It was already shut down before, im sure everyone learnt their lesson by now
toejammer is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2019, 10:08 AM #67
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Jason's suit looks like it's got...blood stains on it, forms a bit of a broken heart shape. JDF is wearing rags, Jenna's a lumberjane, Johnny has some purple stuff......Oh, Sunny D, alright!
Old April 30th, 2019, 11:38 AM #68
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

Power BACKslash Rangers?
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2019, 11:53 AM #69
> CheckeredRanger
Becky Lynch>Everyone

CheckeredRanger
Becky Lynch>Everyone

mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

Jdf not only wants the franchise to himself... now he wants to shove his daughter down our throats...
Hasbro announces the sale of PR to Jason David Frank.JDF announces that he and his daughter will be in the next season,tentatively titled Power Rangers Nepotism Force."
CheckeredRanger is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2019, 07:29 PM #70
> comicstar100
Pirate King

comicstar100
Pirate King

This much of a visceral reaction to the guy essentially putting his daughter in a fan film is disappointing.
comicstar100 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2019, 07:38 PM #71
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

comicstar100 wrote: View Post

This much of a visceral reaction to the guy essentially putting his daughter in a fan film is disappointing.
This much visceral reaction to the guy period is disappointing in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, dislike JDF if you want, but man I can't help feel like people just need to chill out some. Anything that even remotely has to do with or mention Tommy/JDF instantly gets people flocking in to scorch him. It's like, we get it, you don't like him. But then people start going overboard and blowing things up just because they hate the guy. Yeesh.
Alitain is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2019, 07:53 PM #72
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

comicstar100 wrote: View Post

Itís also disappointing that he has several other kids who all stated that he left them hanging to dry once he remarried but hey..

And One Frank is enough to go around as long as JDF thinkís heís the gatekeeper of the franchise.
It starts with a fanfilm. Then they tried to promote her as a female ranger at a panel at power morphicon as if she put in the same work as nakia, erin cahill, etc. Then the 30th anniversary will be a PR special starring only JDF and his kid.
Alitain wrote: View Post

This much visceral reaction to the guy period is disappointing in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, dislike JDF if you want, but man I can't help feel like people just need to chill out some. Anything that even remotely has to do with or mention Tommy/JDF instantly gets people flocking in to scorch him. It's like, we get it, you don't like him. But then people start going overboard and blowing things up just because they hate the guy. Yeesh.
The same could be said for JDF going overboard constantly trying to make power rangers about him and him only.

Last edited by mmprfan09; April 30th, 2019 at 08:03 PM.
mmprfan09 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2019, 09:36 PM #73
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

But then people start going overboard and blowing things up just because they hate the guy.
You don't mean, like, literally blowing things up? Because, yeah, that would be something of an over-reaction.

I tend to think that if you go out of your way to be divisive, and to make yourself the face of a franchise when nobody really asked you to (a franchise that would be better off without you. "Dimensions in Danger" as the key point of evidence there), then no, you shouldn't expect all your feedback to be positive.
Peter is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2019, 09:52 PM #74
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Peter wrote: View Post

You don't mean, like, literally blowing things up? Because, yeah, that would be something of an over-reaction.

I tend to think that if you go out of your way to be divisive, and to make yourself the face of a franchise when nobody really asked you to (a franchise that would be better off without you. "Dimensions in Danger" as the key point of evidence there), then no, you shouldn't expect all your feedback to be positive.
No, didn't mean literally blowing things up. Yeah that'd be scary.

Oh and I'm not saying there shouldn't be negative feedback. If people want to be negative, their choice and all. But sometimes it just feels like people take it too far just to be negative. Or, kind of like they do it cause they feel it's 'jumping on the bandwagon'.
Alitain is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2019, 03:07 AM #75
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Another photo, this time Ciarra is wearing Yellow armour

https://m.facebook.com/jasonfauntfan...composer=false
Old May 1st, 2019, 03:26 AM #76
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

We have reasons, but we're not allowed to discuss them in this thread, as per the moderators. There is a reason he is not liked on this board and this thread brought up even more. So yes, there is going to be dislike when things involving him are brought up.

Just like others are allowed to discuss their love for him, we're allowed to say we don't like him. Only allowing one side to be discussed helps no one. Otherwise, they'd have to outright ban all talk of JDF and all associated things he does.

If you don't like people not liking him? Ignore their posts, but they are still entitled to post that opinion as long as it's relevant. If they only pop into the topic to say "I hate JDF," then report the post. It's not helpful to the topic or contributing to the discussion. As such, they're spamming, and breaking the rules.

---

The reason people are posting about their distaste and how they won't watch it regardless is because no different than if Samuel Benta, Karan Ashley, or Michael Copon announced a Ranger Project and had behind the scenes footage with other ranger actors on set posted. People would flock to that thread to post their distaste for the actors.

A person's character plays a LOT into the projects they create. If Samuel Benta created something, most people would not want to watch it. Even if it starred their favorite ranger actors, because he literally stole from kids with cancer. Because again, a person's character influences your views on the things they create as well.

I personally won't watch whatever he's producing. Even if he somehow got my favorite actors to participate in it (which btw, none of those are my favorite actors, I'm just using that as a reference). I do not view him as a good person. I genuinely do not think there's anything he could do to repair my view on him after the things I've learned about him.

---

As for the topic:

I seriously doubt this is in an official capacity because JYB is in the SAG. (at least he was last time I checked when he was voicing in Yo-Kai watch)

They do make it much easier to hire SAG actors for short films or web series, but you have to pay everyone (even non-union actors) union wages, the max budget is $50,000 (including wages), and ***EVERYONE***, including every single background actor, extra, etc. has to sign, IN ADVANCE, a form for SAG.

But I highly doubt JDF is going to pony up that kind of cash. And I don't see Hasbro doing a Union production for a short film of all things.

So I'm having a hard time figuring out what exactly is going on. Did Saban make a deal with JDF back when they owned Power Rangers and the Saban Capital Group is still paying for it or something, and Hasbro is seeing it as free publicity? Or is Hasbro genuinely just seeing it as a chance to appeal to nostalgia without realizing it might bite them in the ass?

And it can't just be a silly thing they're doing for fun, because again, JYB is SAG. He literally can't do "For Fun" films.
AkaUnlovedFyntabulous is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2019, 03:55 AM #77
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Perhaps it started out as a Ranger project, but it has to be something more original now because Hasbro got touchy about it and pulled their support? It''d explain why the costumes are different.
Old May 1st, 2019, 04:39 AM #78
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Perhaps it started out as a Ranger project, but it has to be something more original now because Hasbro got touchy about it and pulled their support?
That would be interesting, if that's the reason.

But as far as I'm aware, none of these people asked for donations from the fans to help finance this particular project (whatever the end result ends up looking like). That alone puts them higher than several other PR-alumni who are guilty of that sort of nonsense.
Peter is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2019, 04:59 AM #79
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Peter wrote: View Post

That would be interesting, if that's the reason.
Yeah. there's already a precedent for that in the Star Trek community, with Tim Russ' "Renegades" being reformatted to be an original production after the fanfilm guidelines came in.
Old May 1st, 2019, 12:48 PM #80
> Mr.Karate
Power Ranger

Mr.Karate
Power Ranger

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous wrote: View Post

union wages, the max budget is $50,000 (including wages), and ***EVERYONE***, including every single background actor, extra, etc. has to sign, IN ADVANCE, a form for SAG.

But I highly doubt JDF is going to pony up that kind of cash. And I don't see Hasbro doing a Union production for a short film of all things.

Considering Bat in the Sun's entire existence is to inflate JDF's ego I can easily see them shelling out $50K or more to keep him happy and keep up the pretend notion that he's some great actor.
Mr.Karate is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote