Home Menu

Menu

Old November 6th, 2018, 10:22 AM #21
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

Poweranimals wrote: View Post

I have a bad feeling that Spider-Man Far From Home might be the last MCU Spider-Man appearance.
Eh, I doubt it.
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2018, 10:28 AM #22
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

AdrenalineRush wrote: View Post

Yes but the possibility of Marvel regaining the Spider-Man films from Sony is not unlikely. I strongly doubt that we'll ever see films like Morbius, Black Cat, Kraven the Hunter, Silk, Nightwatch and Silver Sable being made and that despite what the producers say, I have a feeling that sequels to Venom will have more chance of being made than those I mentioned due to the commercial success of the film but that's just me plus I really don't think Sony getting royalities once they give the rights back to Marvel would be a great idea.
I think Morbius can succeed without Spider-man. He is really only tied to Spider-man because of origins are within the Spider-man comics. He had a lot of stories elsewhere on his own. Even more so than Venom. The other films I doubt will make daylight beyond scripts. Still Spider-man's films themselves have always turned a profit. They've under-preformed but that is more in Sony setting a bar that Spider-man to high. Until Spider-man is a failing venture there is no incentive for Sony to sell Spider-man. Unless they had to because of the studio needing money and Marvel will always want it back. Like I said a business arrangement to get free money off Marvel wouldn't be bad. It would be win win for the two companies.

I have a bad feeling that Spider-Man Far From Home might be the last MCU Spider-Man appearance.
Holland signed a 6 picture deal with Sony and Marvel Studios. There is 3 Sony movies and 3 Marvel Studio movies. Right now only 2 movies have been fulfilled on the Marvel end with Civil War and Infinity War. There still at least 1 more MCU Marvel Studios appearance. Sony has 1 film in the bucket waiting for release so that is 2 films for Sony. That leaves 1 more film for Holland with them. After the last appearance of him in Marvel movies Sony can very well divert Holland's spider-man into its own thing.
christopherjohn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2018, 11:31 AM #23
> Champ
Lupin Red!

Champ
Lupin Red!

I wouldn't be surprised but Tom signed 6 deals. Keep in that mind.
Champ is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2018, 11:50 AM #24
> Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!

Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!

christopherjohn wrote: View Post

Right now only 2 movies have been fulfilled on the Marvel end with Civil War and Infinity War. There still at least 1 more MCU Marvel Studios appearance.
You're forgetting Avengers 4.
Poweranimals is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2018, 11:52 AM #25
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

It depends on how the deal worked out. If Avengers 4 is counted as a separate movie or if it is counted as apart of Avengers 3 movie deal.
Old November 6th, 2018, 11:53 AM #26
> wammyguide
Power Ranger

wammyguide
Power Ranger

No; by one more movie, he meant the Spider man movie that would theoretically come after Far From Home.
wammyguide is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2018, 12:15 PM #27
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

I think Morbius can succeed without Spider-man. He is really only tied to Spider-man because of origins are within the Spider-man comics.
Eh, I beg to differ.
Old November 6th, 2018, 12:17 PM #28
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

I beg to differ.
Same could have been said about any of Marvel movies by Marvel Studios till they proved people wrong. ALl it takes is the right team and not be stupid with its budget.
Old November 6th, 2018, 12:17 PM #29
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

Eh, I doubt it.

I beg to differ.
AdrenalineRush, please stop with the super simplistic "I agree/I disagree" style posts. They add nothing to the discussion and are dangerously close to spam.
TeraMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2018, 12:19 PM #30
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

TeraMan wrote: View Post

AdrenalineRush, please stop with the super simplistic "I agree/I disagree" style posts. They add nothing to the discussion and are dangerously close to spam.
In hindsight, I should've explained why I disagree before posting them. I screwed it up by doing such posts without explaining and yeah, without that, you're right that they didn't add anything to the discussion and I apologise for that.

Same could have been said about any of Marvel movies by Marvel Studios till they proved people wrong. All it takes is the right team and not be stupid with its budget.
The reason why I can't picture Morbius being made is that even if his origins was in a Spider-Man comic, he's a recurring foe/ally to Blade, whose film rights are under Marvel Studios plus most of his media appearances has been in Spider-Man stuff, so I don't see it having the same effect as Venom.

Last edited by AdrenalineRush; November 6th, 2018 at 12:24 PM.
Old November 6th, 2018, 12:45 PM #31
> Champ
Lupin Red!

Champ
Lupin Red!

wammyguide wrote: View Post

No; by one more movie, he meant the Spider man movie that would theoretically come after Far From Home.
But it is still count that he has been involved in, especially the upcoming movies in the near future.
Champ is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2018, 03:11 PM #32
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

But if Spider-Man leaves the MCU, he becomes Venom's frenemy.

So honestly we win either way.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2018, 03:21 PM #33
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

Eternals reportedly to start shooting in September 2019.
TeraMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2018, 04:16 PM #34
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

The reason why I can't picture Morbius being made is that even if his origins was in a Spider-Man comic, he's a recurring foe/ally to Blade, whose film rights are under Marvel Studios plus most of his media appearances has been in Spider-Man stuff, so I don't see it having the same effect as Venom.
Morbius can do his own thing. You're tying one character to anther. Yes he has been a foe/ally to Spider-man and Blade but he has done his own thing. Relying to much of a connection to other characters is saying he has no character himself. There are plenty of ways to write Morbius into his own thing. He can easily be Sony's Blade if again done correctly. Blade for example was nothing like his comic counterpart when he got his movie. They had to change him to fit the screen. This is okay but Morbius no MUST STICK TO EVERYTHING IN THE COMICS! No you alter change adapt to make a decent movie.
Old November 6th, 2018, 05:16 PM #35
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

There are plenty of ways to write Morbius into his own thing.
Indeed.

Morbius has a much bigger problem setting himself apart from Hollywood's 9,652 other hero vampires than he does setting himself apart from being a Spider-Man and Blade property.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2018, 05:27 PM #36
> Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!

Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!

hasbro_primo wrote: View Post

But if Spider-Man leaves the MCU, he becomes Venom's frenemy.

So honestly we win either way.
I prefer he stay in the MCU honestly.

That seems like quite a ways off. I wonder what the next movie will be after Far From Home. I'd guess that it's either Doctor Strange 2 or Black Widow but they're doing a good job at keeping things under wraps.
Poweranimals is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old November 6th, 2018, 09:42 PM #37
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

Morbius can do his own thing. You're tying one character to anther. Yes he has been a foe/ally to Spider-man and Blade but he has done his own thing.
Yes but like I said, most of his media appearances have been in Spider-Man related stuff, so I don't see it happening at all. He's done his own thing but honestly, he's more associated as a Spider-Man and Blade character than his own thing. I rather want him in the MCU than in Sony's own universe, given that they're bringing villains who have never been adapted into live-action for the MCU version of the webslinger and I think it would be a great opportunity to have him being like a foe of the character in the third instalment, not to mention that I could see his appearance in that film being a big dig towards Twilight but that's just me.

Blade for example was nothing like his comic counterpart when he got his movie.
Of course, but elements of his film counterpart did get incorporated into the comics after that.
Old November 6th, 2018, 10:49 PM #38
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

Yes but like I said, most of his media appearances have been in Spider-Man related stuff, so I don't see it happening at all. He's done his own thing but honestly, he's more associated as a Spider-Man and Blade character than his own thing. I rather want him in the MCU than in Sony's own universe, given that they're bringing villains who have never been adapted into live-action for the MCU version of the webslinger and I think it would be a great opportunity to have him being like a foe of the character in the third instalment, not to mention that I could see his appearance in that film being a big dig towards Twilight but that's just me.

Of course, but elements of his film counterpart did get incorporated into the comics after that.
If you rely to heavily on his other media stuff for quality of getting adapted why did Ant-Man get adapted? Why did Guardians get adapted and not even the original Guardians team? You're to focused on the narrow minded view xyz should only be tied to abc. I'm also not against say Morbius being used in a Spider-man movie either. I'm just saying that he is a strong enough character on his own to be treated on his own.
Old November 6th, 2018, 11:09 PM #39
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

I'm just saying that he is a strong enough character on his own to be treated on his own.
Okay but I'm unsure if said film would work well.
Old November 6th, 2018, 11:17 PM #40
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

Okay but I'm unsure if said film would work well.
Your logic can be applied to any character that isn't an A list. Which is all of Marvel Studios movies. Since they sold off their A list characters. Marvel has proven to take B, C and D list characters and make gold with them. They turned characters that were otherwise nothing into stars. Why can't Sony do it? Because they're not Marvel? That is horseshit thinking all that matters is a solid team that has the freedom to do justice to the character.