Home Menu

Menu

Old May 31st, 2019, 04:23 PM #1441
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AkaPrimoKanyeWest wrote: View Post

They never even explained why he still looks like Wells in that timeline.

Even the Earth-X crossover gave us a throwaway line for that.
I'm still confused why Eobard still exists. Didn't Eddie killing himself erase Eobard from existence in this timeline or am I just really misremembering things? I could swear Eddie killed himself and Eobard disappeared.

Irish Ranger wrote: View Post

They actually don't sideline Killer Frost. She's very much a part of their fights with Cicada throughout the season.
So it was just a one-off thing then? Good. It just annoyed the hell out of me that they were like "WE NEED CAITLIN" and I was like, Bitch, just have Nora run the lady to the hospital, and have Killer Frost fight Cicada, what the hell are you talking about, Killer Frost can actually fight Cicada, Nora can't.
AkaUnlovedFyntabulous is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2019, 05:20 PM #1442
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous wrote: View Post

And on a side note, Nora says she hated Iris for suppressing her powers, but she never seemed to realize the fact Cicada was never caught. Which means there was a serial killer that targeted meta humans that was constantly on the loose in the future **specifically around the time she was a baby/kid**, yet she didn't seem to understand why Iris suppressed her powers? Am I missing something there?

Also, I skipped the Elseworlds crossover. I'll watch them later when I watch Supergirl and get to the Part 3 episode there. I won't miss anything doing that, right? (I don't watch Arrow, but I know Part 2 is an ARrow episode, so I'll just load that episode up on Netflix after watching Part 1 on the Flash)
Because it's a kid/parent thing. It doesn't have to be completely logical, it's emotional. Nora never had a real strong connection with Iris, they were strained. Then Nora found out Iris had suppressed her powers, yeah it's going to make her angry. And really, Iris' reasoning was more just the broad 'I don't want you to get involved in this superhero mess' cause she had lost Barry to it. It wasn't even specifically about the potential of Cicada hunting Nora down. So even if Nora had been in a better headspace to think about that, it was only part of the greater problem. But it really just comes down to emotions.

No Elseworlds doesn't really bare any weight on Flash's plot so you're good waiting.
Alitain is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2019, 06:00 PM #1443
> AbareHunter
NACHO!

AbareHunter
NACHO!

I'm still confused why Eobard still exists. Didn't Eddie killing himself erase Eobard from existence in this timeline or am I just really misremembering things? I could swear Eddie killed himself and Eobard disappeared.
Eobard was indeed erased after Eddie killed himself at the end of Season 1. But much like a really persistent cockroach, he never stays down for long, thanks to the writers finding ways to keep him around. Season 5 reveals that Eobard created a Speed Force of his own, called the Negative Speed Force, which acts as the source of his powers and protects him from changes in the timeline.
AbareHunter is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2019, 04:58 AM #1444
> AtoMan
Now read my post again

AtoMan
Now read my post again

When he actually shown up in Season 2 as his earliest version we've seen so far it was implied that he was a Time Remnant that basically needed to exist to ensure the show happens, and the fact that he was timetravelling at the time somehow protected him; it wasn't elaborated into being Negative Speed Force until this season.

Basically those two (TR + NSV) serve as universal explanations why is Eobard still alive even though we have seen him die at least twice.
AtoMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2019, 08:08 AM #1445
> AbareHunter
NACHO!

AbareHunter
NACHO!

AtoMan wrote: View Post

When he actually shown up in Season 2 as his earliest version we've seen so far it was implied that he was a Time Remnant that basically needed to exist to ensure the show happens, and the fact that he was timetravelling at the time somehow protected him; it wasn't elaborated into being Negative Speed Force until this season.

Basically those two (TR + NSV) serve as universal explanations why is Eobard still alive even though we have seen him die at least twice.
To elaborate, Season 2 establishes that if one becomes a Time Remnant, they will be allowed to play out their personal history until they reach the point that they are erased from existence, provided that paradoxes to not occur.

Given that circumstances force Team Flash to let this Eobard go, and that he deduced beforehand that he must have become trapped in the past at some stage, my personal headcanon is that this Eobard is the one that we viewers are currently seeing - one who went through similar (if not identical) events to Season 1!Eobard, and managed to circumvent being Ret-Goned by way of the Negative Speed Force.

*Shrug* Just my two cents, at any rate.
AbareHunter is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2019, 12:40 PM #1446
> AtoMan
Now read my post again

AtoMan
Now read my post again

One thing though - the LoT s2 Eobard, without Wells' face, did refer to his time with Flash main cast at one point, making this even more convoluted.
Old June 1st, 2019, 12:57 PM #1447
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

Long story short, time travel is weird.
AkaGreen is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2019, 03:07 PM #1448
> AtoMan
Now read my post again

AtoMan
Now read my post again

Which reminds me of that gold.
Old June 1st, 2019, 03:18 PM #1449
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

Yea, I still don't get how Eobard is alive. If he ceased to exist and we saw him disintegrate, then at what point did he enter the negative speed force to avoid the effects of Eddie killing himself?

I rewatched the episode - there's literally no point at which Thawne could have escaped to enter the Negative Speed Force. He got erased from existence in front of Team Flash. This is just lazy writing.

That's just a massive plothole that screams "Well, we wanted Tom Cavanaugh to play the Reverse Flash in season 5, so we needed to fuck up the story and introduce a massive plothole to do so."

---

And I'm not a fan of how future people can come to the past, fuck up the timeline, and then be erased from existing, but yet somehow, what they did in the past still somehow happened.

Like logically, when Eddie killed himself, everything Thawne did should have also been erased, Barry's mom should have never died, and the timeline SHOULD have corrected itself (as Thawne himself stated in this finale, the timeline was correcting itself, and thus Nora got erased).

Likewise, all the meddling Nora did should have never happened, thus the Star Labs satellite should have shattered in the other direction and the original Cicada would have existed. (How did Barry shatter it without Nora in the original timeline? didn't he say it would have killed him?)

And then of course, future Grace never would have came back from the future.

They literally introduced the Time Wraiths to correct the timeline and shit, but Nora was in the past the ENTIRE TIME OF THE SEASON and not once did we see a Time Wraith come after her?

Last edited by AkaUnlovedFyntabulous; June 1st, 2019 at 03:25 PM.
Old June 1st, 2019, 03:32 PM #1450
> AtoMan
Now read my post again

AtoMan
Now read my post again

This might be seen as a side-effect of Flashpoint or those two cases where Flash literally told the past Faux-Wells that he's gona lose in the future, this giving him a Chance of a backup plan.
Old June 1st, 2019, 04:29 PM #1451
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AtoMan wrote: View Post

This might be seen as a side-effect of Flashpoint or those two cases where Flash literally told the past Faux-Wells that he's gona lose in the future, this giving him a Chance of a backup plan.
Thing is, none of that should ever have happened, Barry should never have even become the Flash. The Timeline should have corrected itself as soon as Thawne was erased from existence, as we saw when Nora disappeared in the finale.

If Nora was erased from the timeline correcting itself, that means the timeline is capable of correcting itself.

Which means that it should have corrected itself back in the past, as Thawne no longer existed, meaning Barry's mom could not have been killed by him.

Nora disappearing from existence completely creates a plothole in the entire show.
Old June 1st, 2019, 04:51 PM #1452
> White Genesis
Power Ranger

White Genesis
Power Ranger

Arrowverse time Travel is just weird.
White Genesis is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2019, 08:55 PM #1453
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

If Nora was erased from the timeline correcting itself, that means the timeline is capable of correcting itself.
But that's the thing, Nora wasn't really erased. Her physical body was gone, but stuff she did like write a journal and record messages remained, meaning she made permanent impacts on history, which means Thawne would have to had done things that remained etched as well.

It's still bad writing, but there are consistencies in its badness.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2019, 01:26 AM #1454
> GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

I rewatched the episode - there's literally no point at which Thawne could have escaped to enter the Negative Speed Force. He got erased from existence in front of Team Flash. This is just lazy writing.
GokaiGold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old June 2nd, 2019, 01:33 AM #1455
> White Genesis
Power Ranger

White Genesis
Power Ranger

Maybe he's constantly connected to point where he needn't enter.
White Genesis is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2019, 04:41 AM #1456
> AtoMan
Now read my post again

AtoMan
Now read my post again

Barry would became Flash in 2020 (or around that time) without Eobard, buteven when Flash tried to restore that timeline by saving his parents, we got Flashpoint where Wally became a speedster, among other differences. Eobard said it himself that timeline is malleable but you need precision to get the desired outcome. I see Eddie killing himself as something that had to happen so the Eobard would die, but restoring the time would bring back Eddie… and Eobard in result, so you're stuck in a loop. Also, Reverse Flash was a time traveller anyway, so whatever he changed stays even if he's erased since the timeline he came from would change as a result from his actions.

If anything, the introduction of Negative Speedforce seems completely unnecessary.
Old June 2nd, 2019, 07:30 AM #1457
> FerrousMaelstrom
Power Ranger

FerrousMaelstrom
Power Ranger

I mean, there's some definite lazy writing with the time travel, especially RF. The only thing that technically fills the plot holes is the massive hand-wave that is 'speedforce.
FerrousMaelstrom is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2019, 09:54 AM #1458
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

There is also the part where Thawne is always out of order. Whenever he encounters Barry, to Barry it's always consecutive linear from the last time. To Thawne it's not even consecutive, it's whenever it best works for Thawne, and the later into his timeline he goes the more time he's had to plot and control the encounters. I like the idea Thawne left this season to jump to Earth X in the past and taunted Barry knowing he would be wearing this face when Barry saw him again from his perspective.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old June 2nd, 2019, 11:41 AM #1459
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Titanium321 wrote: View Post

There is also the part where Thawne is always out of order. Whenever he encounters Barry, to Barry it's always consecutive linear from the last time. To Thawne it's not even consecutive, it's whenever it best works for Thawne, and the later into his timeline he goes the more time he's had to plot and control the encounters. I like the idea Thawne left this season to jump to Earth X in the past and taunted Barry knowing he would be wearing this face when Barry saw him again from his perspective.
I agree it does make it entertaining.
Alitain is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote