Home Menu

Menu

Old July 24th, 2017, 10:21 AM #61
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

christopherjohn wrote: View Post

Time Travel without consequences is unrealistic and not fun. There are consequences. Just remember everything happens for Barry but not to those that didn't time travel. I don't want to spoil anything but just be prepared for changes when he time travels. Mostly minor changes nothing major *cough*yet*cough*. It is up to you to watch and they beat you in the face with the changes when they happen.
Meh. Guess I'll go as far as I can.

Still bothers me they never explained why Caitlin and Cisco aren't metahumans. Unless they are and that's like a big reveal later. Lol.
AkaUnlovedFyntabulous is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2017, 10:21 AM #62
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Time Travel without consequences is unrealistic and not fun. There are consequences. Just remember everything happens for Barry but not to those that didn't time travel. I don't want to spoil anything but just be prepared for changes when he time travels. Mostly minor changes nothing major *cough*yet*cough*. It is up to you to watch and they beat you in the face with the changes when they happen.
Yeah this is a good way of putting it.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2017, 11:55 AM #63
> GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

MasterMystechRanger wrote: View Post

Meh. Guess I'll go as far as I can.

Still bothers me they never explained why Caitlin and Cisco aren't metahumans. Unless they are and that's like a big reveal later. Lol.
You kind of answered your own question there. You'll see when you get to season 2 and 3.
GalaxyRed is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2017, 12:15 PM #64
> LazerwolfX
Fight of Hammer

LazerwolfX
Fight of Hammer

super psyched we aren't (as far as we know) doing a speedster villain this season.

One thing I'd really like to see the show do is a slow burn setup of August Heart. Have him be around for a couple seasons to then eventually become a meta and see that play out. I genuinely adored that arc in the comics and I'd dig getting to see more of his and Barry's relationship play out over a longer period of time.
LazerwolfX is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2017, 12:36 PM #65
> ultrakill
JabroniePictures.com

ultrakill
JabroniePictures.com

Saw the S4 trailer
Not a fan of the obligatory voice masking
ultrakill is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2017, 03:32 PM #66
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay

Tom Felton will not be a regular this coming season, and may not be appearing at all any time soon.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/tom-fel...213800279.html
GoldAnyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2017, 03:33 PM #67
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper

GoldAnyRanger wrote: View Post

Tom Felton will not be a regular this coming season, and may not be appearing at all any time soon.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/tom-fel...213800279.html
Definitely an entry in the big book of expected things.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2017, 04:58 PM #68
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

A shame, he wanted to come back and I enjoyed Julian. But yeah, not entirely surprising. You can only have so many smart people in one group and while it may be misleading, the trailer sure seems to indicate Caitlin isn't staying too far away from the group so between her and Cisco they're really covered.

The only thing that matters now is...what Wells will be get this time? Will we only have Harry for a bit, or will they bring in another Wells from somewhere? I still hope they give us a dick Wells that isn't evil but just not a good person that maybe ends up causing issues for the group. Again though, not evil, just not a good person. Distinct from the ones we've had so far and since we had H.R. who was a good guy and Harry who might be a bit of a dick but still a good guy, a not so good Wells would be a nice change.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2017, 04:57 AM #69
> toejammer
Power Ranger

toejammer
Power Ranger

New pictures are out showing that Barry will be wearing his 2024 suit when he comes out of the speedforce

I wanted them to wait a little bit before they did that... but ahh well
toejammer is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2017, 09:26 AM #70
> GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

toejammer wrote: View Post

New pictures are out showing that Barry will be wearing his 2024 suit when he comes out of the speedforce

I wanted them to wait a little bit before they did that... but ahh well
Pretty much what I predicted.
Old July 29th, 2017, 11:32 AM #71
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper

YES!

Finally, a bright red Flash!
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2017, 12:16 PM #72
> ⚡Salted Pepper
Duck Mod

Salted Pepper
Duck Mod

I hope Caitlin becomes the villain next season, I want her to be Killer Frost permanently, it's weird that they only use her like that for a few episodes and then it's back to normal.
Danielle Panabaker can stick around as an alternate universe Caitlin like Wells after Killer Frost is killed off.
Salted Pepper is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2017, 01:17 PM #73
> Bluecatcinema
Power Ranger

Bluecatcinema
Power Ranger

So it seems he'll pick up the ability to make a new costume using the Speed Force (which Wally first discovered in the comics).
Bluecatcinema is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2017, 09:20 AM #74
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

Few things:

Just got to Hawkgirl in the show. How many other stories like this require watching Arrow/Supergirl/Legends of Tomorrow to get closure on the storyline? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy crossovers, but when you build up the story over 3 episodes on the Flash, it's not too much to expect the story to be finished on the Flash.

Is there ever going to be someone introduced as a side character that DOESN'T end up being a meta human, villain, or hero? The only ones so far are Linda and Patty, but Linda's Earth-2 counterpart did, so... It's getting kinda ridiculous. They just HAPPEN to befriend people with powers on accident? >_> Even the main characters don't seem to be safe, with Cisco having them and from when I accidentally read the above posts, apparently Caitlin does too. Which leaves just Joe, Iris, and Eddie (who's dead, but still became a plot point with the villain).

And lastly, I heard who Zoom is from a friend who wasn't aware I wasn't at that part yet. So that's 2 times they've done the "Person pretends to be a friend only to really be the villain" story. Is this repeated another time in season 3? :/
Old July 30th, 2017, 09:55 AM #75
> GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

Few things:

Just got to Hawkgirl in the show. How many other stories like this require watching Arrow/Supergirl/Legends of Tomorrow to get closure on the storyline? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy crossovers, but when you build up the story over 3 episodes on the Flash, it's not too much to expect the story to be finished on the Flash.
Hawkgirl's "story" only starts on Flash. After the crossover with Arrow during Flash season 2, her story continues and ends on the new show, Legends of Tomorrow (season 1 only). The shows are connected, because that's how the writers want the shows to connect. You might as well stop watching if you're going to hate this, because it's going to keep happening. Personally, doing this makes the shows more like an actual world, and not just enclosed in their own little bubble.

Is there ever going to be someone introduced as a side character that DOESN'T end up being a meta human, villain, or hero? The only ones so far are Linda and Patty, but Linda's Earth-2 counterpart did, so... It's getting kinda ridiculous. They just HAPPEN to befriend people with powers on accident? >_> Even the main characters don't seem to be safe, with Cisco having them and from when I accidentally read the above posts, apparently Caitlin does too. Which leaves just Joe, Iris, and Eddie (who's dead, but still became a plot point with the villain).
You do know that you're watching a show that basically did pretty much exactly this in the comics, right? I mean, the Flash in the comics is surrounded by metas. He only has a few that aren't metas that are in his life, which mostly just includes his family, and a couple of his Rogues. You can hate that all you want, but changing that stuff won't make the show "better". It just won't be Flash then.

By the way the "apparently Caitlin becomes meta too" thing, you should really not be just assuming she's already one where you're at. She's revealed to be one in season 3, but it's not like Cisco and the other characters.

And lastly, I heard who Zoom is from a friend who wasn't aware I wasn't at that part yet. So that's 2 times they've done the "Person pretends to be a friend only to really be the villain" story. Is this repeated another time in season 3? :/
Not really. There's two "main villains" in season 3. One is only in the show for like the first fourth of the season. The other is in there for the rest of the show. Neither one "pretends to be friends" with the Flash while secretly being an enemy. You'll just have to see when you get there.
Old July 30th, 2017, 10:15 AM #76
> Kaigan
Banned

Kaigan
Banned

No, but season three is disappointing in many other ways.
Kaigan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2017, 04:19 PM #77
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

GalaxyRed wrote: View Post

Hawkgirl's "story" only starts on Flash. After the crossover with Arrow during Flash season 2, her story continues and ends on the new show, Legends of Tomorrow (season 1 only). The shows are connected, because that's how the writers want the shows to connect. You might as well stop watching if you're going to hate this, because it's going to keep happening. Personally, doing this makes the shows more like an actual world, and not just enclosed in their own little bubble.
My issue isn't with them doing the throughout the shows stories.

The issue I had was they built up Kendra's story for literally 3 episodes on the Flash, then suddenly in order to watch the finale of that arc, I have to switch shows.

It makes watching these shows extremely hard because I have no idea what episodes go where, etc. On top of that, I haven't even started Legends of Tomorrow and have zero interest in Arrow. So far no interest in Arrow hasn't affected me, but somehow I feel like it will.

Even adding "To Be Continued - *Show Name* *Episode Name* at the end would have been better. Instead of forcing people to actually have to find it throughout the many different Arrowverse shows.

It also takes away from watching the show in the first place - why on Earth should someone watch a show if the storyarcs don't finish in the show?

It'd be like if Power Rangers required you to watch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to see how the monster died.

Again, if it were like, she was introduced in an episode, revealed as hawkgirl in same episode, then moved to a different show, I'd be 100% fine. It's the fact they built up Kendra being something more than human over 3 episodes then moved it off show.

That's what I'm curious if it happens again. Cause building up something over multiple episodes, then expecting the people to know what episode of another show to watch to see the ending is kinda ridiculous.

Like have you seen the arrowverse episode guide? https://flash-arrow-order.herokuapp.com/

There's no way in hell anyone has the patience to constantly swap shows like that. It may have worked when the shows were airing live, but on Netflix and such it doesn't.
---

And in regards to the second part, it's more the chances of Barry and the team ONLY encountering meta humans or people with powers is insanely low. Come on now, the barista at Jitters just happens to be an ancient priestess? Barry just happened to date someone that has powers in the world they happen to connect Earth 1 to? That's what's bothersome. It's like the writers assume Joe, Iris, and whatever character Harrison is playing are enough of the "no powers" for the show and purposely go out of their way to make sure they're the only ones.

On top of that, the chances that almost every other meta human that gets powers would do evil things with it is even more astronomical. There would be good meta humans like Barry, yet I can only recall one and she died in the same episode.

Then you take into account people like Peek-a-boo, who didn't want to do bad things with her powers, she only did it because of her boyfriend, and they treat her like she's just as dangerous as the guy who murdered an entire mob family. It's so unrealistic, and not in a good way. The minute he ditched her, you could tell she no longer wanted anything to do with him, and she could have been reformed. But instead they just lock her up.

There's so many "so unlikely it reaches the point it would never happen" scenarios in this show. It's really taking away from watching it.

And yes, I'll keep watching and posting things that bother me about it, because that's all that sticks out to me. I haven't found something in the show I genuinely like except maybe Caitlin, but there's something about it that I just can't stop watching. Like literally the only part of the show I like is Caitlin and that Barry is good eye candy. Yet for some reason, I can't stop watching. Even though any other show I'd have stopped.

---

And as for Caitlin with powers - I'm not assuming anything. For all I know it's Caitlin from Earth 2. It just added to the "why are all these people with powers popping up but no one without them ever seem to?"

Last edited by AkaUnlovedFyntabulous; July 30th, 2017 at 04:27 PM.
Old July 30th, 2017, 04:35 PM #78
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

Here are a list of team up episodes. It doesn't include Barry's episodes in Arrow season 2. Which introduces the world to Barry without powers. Some of these aren't crossovers either just episodes featuring characters form other the shows. http://arrow.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_crossover_episodes

Outside of the crossovers it is up to you to watch. Vixen is the only one I haven't seen as it is an animated series on CWSeed. It doesn't matter much really. If you want to watch the team up episodes without watching their shows you will be spoiled on certain things. If you want to watch the shows themselves do so I like legends myself and Supergirl as well. Beyond that you could skip the crossovers if you want.
christopherjohn is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2017, 04:40 PM #79
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

Here are a list of team up episodes. It doesn't include Barry's episodes in Arrow season 2. Which introduces the world to Barry without powers. Some of these aren't crossovers either just episodes featuring characters form other the shows. http://arrow.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_crossover_episodes

Outside of the crossovers it is up to you to watch. Vixen is the only one I haven't seen as it is an animated series on CWSeed. It doesn't matter much really. If you want to watch the team up episodes without watching their shows you will be spoiled on certain things. If you want to watch the shows themselves do so I like legends myself and Supergirl as well. Beyond that you could skip the crossovers if you want.
Is there a list that doesn't also list the standalone crossovers? Only ones with overarching storylines?

Obviously Invasion is one, from the list on there.

Standalone crossovers are fine, like when Flash popped up in Supergirl's first season. There wasn't any story unresolved.
Old July 30th, 2017, 04:47 PM #80
> GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

Is there a list that doesn't also list the standalone crossovers? Only ones with overarching storylines?

Obviously Invasion is one, from the list on there.

Standalone crossovers are fine, like when Flash popped up in Supergirl's first season. There wasn't any story unresolved.
As mentioned, the Arrow/Flash crossover for season 4/2 is an "overarching story". It ends on a relative cliffhanger that is mostly resolved in Legends season 1.