Home Menu

Menu

Old May 20th, 2019, 10:00 PM #261
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

Long Time Newbie wrote: View Post

Actually scratch that, is it ever explained if Marinette could (hypothetically) do something like that with ladybugs, Adrien with cats et cetera?
In the ancient texts, Hawk Moth's power is to create superheroes.

I would assume that is his equivalent to Ladybug's Lucky Charm or Cat Noir's Cataclysm.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2019, 07:04 AM #262
> SuperStar
Power Ranger

SuperStar
Power Ranger

And the Peacock's power is to create monsters. Weird how similarly they function.
SuperStar is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2019, 12:13 PM #263
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

since it is now confirmed that Alix will get a miraculous in the future, I wonder at what point Ladybug and Cat Noir decided it was okay to give rather than loan out the miraculouses...

apparently fandom is wondering whether tall Alix has tattoos on her arms or if they're really decorative sleeves...

and now I really wanna see little Alix do the transformation into little Bunnix...

I don't think they would go to the trouble of making a whole new transformation sequence if it was only going to be a one-off...so maybe tall Alix makes a return at some point or they can use the skeleton of the transformation...

they have altered the standard Ladybug transform sequence a couple of times (worried look, pajamas, and there's that non-speaking Lucky Charm for Silencer episode)...maybe its doable with the shorter Alix model...

really want to see if they do a Fu transform and if he does that breakdance that Carapace does...
bearytrek is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2019, 04:11 PM #264
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

bearytrek wrote: View Post

I wonder at what point Ladybug and Cat Noir decided it was okay to give rather than loan out the miraculouses...
Hopefully this season.

really want to see if they do a Fu transform and if he does that breakdance that Carapace does...
Oh, they'll do a Fu transformation. We've literally been waiting since the first episode to finally see it.

I have bigger questions, like why he's suddenly not too old to fight anymore or why his name isn't Carapace too...
Old May 22nd, 2019, 03:05 PM #265
> Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

AkaPrimoKanyeWest wrote: View Post

In the ancient texts, Hawk Moth's power is to create superheroes.

I would assume that is his equivalent to Ladybug's Lucky Charm or Cat Noir's Cataclysm.
OK, that makes sense.

SuperStar wrote: View Post

And the Peacock's power is to create monsters. Weird how similarly they function.
I'm now assuming that's why Hawkmoth targets people feeling downtrodden and convinces them that they're doing the right thing by lashing out against their oppressors (real or imagined or both) and helping him with his collection issues (and does it ever say what he wants to do with Marinette's earrings and Plagg's ring?). Someone with genuine heroic willpower might still target their oppressors but would laugh at the suggestion of robbing the city's superheroes.
Long Time Newbie is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2019, 01:00 AM #266
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

Long Time Newbie wrote: View Post

I'm now assuming that's why Hawkmoth targets people feeling downtrodden and convinces them that they're doing the right thing by lashing out against their oppressors (real or imagined or both) and helping him with his collection issues
The Butterfly Miraculous is supposed to do good, Gabriel Agreste is the one who has twisted it.

Ms. Bustier was so resistant to wrongdoing that Hawk Moth had to convince her she was helping people in order to fully akumatize her.

(and does it ever say what he wants to do with Marinette's earrings and Plagg's ring?).
The person that holds both the Ladybug and Cat Miraculous will be granted one wish. While he never outright says it, the implication has always been that Gabriel wants to wish Adrien's mother back to life.
Old May 23rd, 2019, 12:30 PM #267
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

since it is implied Gabe is no longer Hawkmoth in the future...

what exactly is he doing in the future?

Did he manage to get his wish and restore Emilie's health and they're living happily ever after?

Or is in prison?

Or subservient to whomever is the new Hawkmoth?
Old May 23rd, 2019, 12:44 PM #268
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

since it is implied Gabe is no longer Hawkmoth in the future...

what exactly is he doing in the future?

Did he manage to get his wish and restore Emilie's health and they're living happily ever after?

Or is in prison?

Or subservient to whomever is the new Hawkmoth?
The answer?

I bet even the writers haven't thought that far ahead.
Old May 23rd, 2019, 03:42 PM #269
> Gunpla Rider
VIP Rider

Gunpla Rider
VIP Rider

AkaPrimoKanyeWest wrote: View Post

The answer?

I bet even the writers haven't thought that far ahead.
Well, the Thomas has at least 5 seasons of episodes planned for sure. I believe he knows all the answers to the questions we have and will think up
Gunpla Rider is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2019, 12:24 AM #270
> SuperStar
Power Ranger

SuperStar
Power Ranger

Gunpla Rider wrote: View Post

Well, the Thomas has at least 5 seasons of episodes planned for sure. I believe he knows all the answers to the questions we have and will think up
He also had season 3 "planned" very early into the series and yet here we are still barely with any worthwhile answers.
SuperStar is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2019, 09:28 AM #271
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

I'm now wondering if the ending of the show Astruc will have to 'convince' others is the right way to end the show is if we do find out (via the future Ladybug team) that Ladybug & Cat Noir do get together but we never actually see it in the present-day adventures...

the reason why, I'm thinking, is the old cliche of the show radically being changed after the romantic chase is over (e.g. Sam & Diane, Moonlighting, etc) even though there is definite story potential after they get together but the dynamic that the show thrived on is gone...

this would be kinda similar to Sailor Moon where Tuxedo Mask and Serena definitely hook up and have a kid in the future, and the show definitely takes inspiration from Sailor Moon...
Old May 27th, 2019, 12:36 PM #272
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

upcoming merchandise that reflects spoilery happenings later on in season 3

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7mFEjeVsAAkhBh.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7mFFUkVUAEzr-D.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7mFPr2XoAAlfni.jpg

i just wish some of that were still available in the USA but the line is pretty much dead here and only available internationally.
Old May 27th, 2019, 02:56 PM #273
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

upcoming merchandise that reflects spoilery happenings later on in season 3

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7mFEjeVsAAkhBh.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7mFFUkVUAEzr-D.jpg
Hahaha, this show always comes up with new ways to keep people watching. It's such an obvious trope that I can't believe I never considered it before.

i just wish some of that were still available in the USA but the line is pretty much dead here and only available internationally.
The U.S. are such horrible toy manufacturers, though, especially for low-tier franchises. All the money you save on shipping you make up for in headaches.
Old May 30th, 2019, 02:07 PM #274
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

thinking about Miraculer...if Sabrina had the powers of both Ladybug and Cat Noir at the same time, couldn't she use the wish power?

Or (the likely out) did she actually have to physically have the two miraculouses to activate the wish?

another thought on Timetagger...

Alix's watch was previously shown in Timebreaker to have that hologramy ability...presumably that means it was from the future...but since Ladybug (or Cat Noir) hasn't given Alix the rabbit miraculous, that means the watch must also be in the miracle box (though maybe without the holo-power as that might be added after Bunnix comes into play and then goes back to give that watch to her ancestors....and now its starting to get really complicated)...

Bunnix had a damaged watch/miraculous, she took young Alix's watch to transform and took that watch with her to the future? That would mean young Alix has the damaged version of the watch?

Last edited by bearytrek; May 30th, 2019 at 02:45 PM.
Old May 30th, 2019, 03:30 PM #275
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

thinking about Miraculer...if Sabrina had the powers of both Ladybug and Cat Noir at the same time, couldn't she use the wish power?
Given Cataclysm didn't disintegrate Adrien, I would suspect Sabrina just had pale imitations of the Miraculous powers.

And the real magic would probably be in the Kwami themselves, which she didn't have.

another thought on Timetagger...

Alix's watch was previously shown in Timebreaker to have that hologramy ability...presumably that means it was from the future...but since Ladybug (or Cat Noir) hasn't given Alix the rabbit miraculous, that means the watch must also be in the miracle box (though maybe without the holo-power as that might be added after Bunnix comes into play and then goes back to give that watch to her ancestors....and now its starting to get really complicated)...
I'm thinking it might not be as simple as the pocketwatch being the Miraculous, rather whatever the Miraculous that Bunnix resides in was added to the watch so Alix would keep them both close or something?

Like I said before, I doubt Astruc and company gave it much thought since we'll never get that far.

Bunnix had a damaged watch/miraculous, she took young Alix's watch to transform and took that watch with her to the future? That would mean young Alix has the damaged version of the watch?
It's time travel, we have no idea if at some point Alix goes back and returns the working watch.

Keep in mind, we're talking about the same show that had Ladybug go back in time to stop what facilitated her going back in time in the first place.
Old June 5th, 2019, 06:21 AM #276
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

a couple spoilery images of future miraculous holders from Jeremy Zag's instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/BySwkETARkC/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BySrsfaAeqP/
Old June 5th, 2019, 10:42 AM #277
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

a couple spoilery images of future miraculous holders from Jeremy Zag's instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/BySwkETARkC/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BySrsfaAeqP/
Really?

The second one makes sense thematically, but the first one? That could honestly be anyone and fit just as well.
Old June 5th, 2019, 01:16 PM #278
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

from what we've found out re: miraculous holders (specifially the zodiac ones) the lineup looks like this:

Alix- Rabbit confirmed
Kim- Monkey confirmed (he kept talking about that monkey movie in Syren,
right? Otherwise, he's kinda mischevious)
Kagura- Dragon confirmed (cause she's badass)
Mylene- Mouse clue in opening credits
Juleka- Tiger clue in opening credits
Luka- Snake confirmed by animation model sheet
Rose- Pig clue in opening credits
Max- Horse (rumored from script cast list, no specific data to prove/disprove)
?- Rooster
?- Ox (I gotta think it'll be Ivan because of strength, but maybe Alya's sis?)
?- Dog (maybe Sabrina because of her loyalty to Chloe?)
?- Goat

That pretty much just leaves Nate and Lila as the last of the classmates, so presumably Nate could be the Rooster but I don't see Lila getting one of the zodiac miraculouses...
Old June 7th, 2019, 06:05 PM #279
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Okay, I ended up being more behind than I thought on the show. I had been behind before, and finally got to watching S2 on Netflix then found out the show is now on Disney for S3? Does this mean it wont continue on Netflix?
And...hiding cause of space.
Anyway, well S2 was fun. It had been quite awhile since watching S1 on Nick but obviously given the episodic nature of the show, wasn't hard to jump back in. I did like that there was a better sense of progress in this season. And hey, new heroes is fun though with like what 13 miraculouses, that's going to be a lot. I've been peeking at the spoilers above on S3 stuff and upcoming wielders, no surprise where they're all basically coming from. I admit I was surprised that Alya, Nino, and Chloe only got their miraculouses on a temporary basis. Especially Alya. Well okay, Chloe made sense and maybe S3 changes things but I'm still severely on the fence about whether she deserves it. But whatever. Kind of an interesting setup though and at least writing-wise it keeps people from wondering where the three are whenever there's an akumatized person. Or having to write excuses why they can't. On the other hand, it becomes rather silly when Marinette uses her lucky charm to just get some item that reminds her to go to Mr. Fu and get some damn help. Like...seriously. The first time she gets the fox for Alya, sure makes sense. But otherwise it feels a bit silly. And I was also thinking how silly it was for her to detransform every time she went to him only to have to transform again immediately after but then I realized it probably would look odd for her to show up as Ladybug at his place, and also she has to do it so she can use her lucky charm ability for something that really matters.

I hope in S3 that Adrien is allowed to gift someone with a miraculous instead of it always being Marinette who gets that power. I mean, they are a team he deserves it as much as she does. I did like though how they treated her always scampering off to Fu and keeping the secret from Adrien ended up pissing him off. But again, seems rather...I don't know that it was kept from him in the first place beyond of course Marinette and Adrien wanting to keep their identities secret still. On that note, I think I'm getting tired of the charade at this point. I mean at first it was interesting, but it feels like long enough. Especially when they're detransforming right by each other or keeping their eyes closed and such. Also, how do they not recognize each other's voices? I can buy magical camouflage while transformed, but they've talked while detransformed. Whatever. But yeah, I'd really like to see them just reveal themselves already. I'm sure they haven't in S3, and probably wont ever, but yeah.

The relationship drama kinda went up a few notches. But then came down again. Cat Noir digs Ladybug, Ladybug doesn't dig Cat. Marinette loves Adrien, Adrien is oblivious to Marinette. But then come S2 we see Cat kinda start to dig Marinette. And at the end Marinette at least kisses Adrien on the cheek so that's progress. Not to mention Luca and Kagami as other love interests. Actually I wouldn't been really happy in Marinette actually gave dating Luca a chance. Maybe I'm just cynical but the whole idea that she's just completely obsessed with Adrien and never considers any other guys feels...silly to me. Again, just me but it was a shame since they seemed to actually have some kind of vibe but she quickly stomps that out to continue pining almost fruitlessly for Adrien.

I really enjoyed the finale with Hawk Moth akumatizing Natalie to then be powered up and all that. And then for Natalie to have the peacock miraculous which is damaged, that was a fun reveal. I look forward to getting to S3 eventually and no doubt learning some more. I also enjoyed how Gabriel removed his miraculous to akumatize himself so as to throw Marinette off his trail, that was smart.

Oh, can't remember what episode but one of my fav lines in the season I think it was when the nice teacher got akumatized but in the beginning after Chloe ruined Marinette's gift she comments on how Chloe is responsible for like half the people in the city being akumatized. At it's just so funny, cause it's really true. She's definitely responsible for many of the classmates at least, in some form or other.

I thought the Kwami power ups were kinda silly. Made me laugh though cause they've definitely got to be a merchandising thing but that toyline is long since dead in the US so it's pointless here. Obviously not for other areas, but definitely here. I mean, Ladybug's fish form with the koi pattern looks nice. But the ice one is just pointless in my opinion aside from giving them skates. And could they have at least given Cat /something/ to change up the look? Like give him a fur collar and around his wrists/ankles. Or maybe give him dark grey spots to mimick a snow leopard pattern, just do /something/. Oh yeah, I did enjoy when Plagg used cataclysm by himself and how just amazingly destructive it is. Also the talk of how much damage he's caused throughout history using his power unrestrained, that was amusing and insightful.

So yeah, S2 was fun and I look forward to catching S3 at some point. I mean I can find the episodes online somewhere, but who knows when. Though one of the drawbacks of watching on Netflix is I could never speed through the transformations and Ladybug catching the akuma. Binging and not being able to skip, man that was a pain to watch all those over and over.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2019, 07:40 PM #280
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

Alitain wrote: View Post

finally got to watching S2 on Netflix then found out the show is now on Disney for S3? Does this mean it wont continue on Netflix?

I hope in S3 that Adrien is allowed to gift someone with a miraculous instead of it always being Marinette who gets that power.

how Chloe is responsible for like half the people in the city being akumatized. At it's just so funny, cause it's really true. She's definitely responsible for many of the classmates at least, in some form or other.

I thought the Kwami power ups were kinda silly. Made me laugh though cause they've definitely got to be a merchandising thing but that toyline is long since dead in the US so it's pointless here. Obviously not for other areas, but definitely here.
i think the Disney Channel run was a test to see if it would catch on in the USA...its been a hit everywhere except North America and that's mostly due to lack of exposure...Nick didn't do the show any favors with its erratic Power Rangers-esque hiatuses and you had to know about the show to seek it out on Netflix...Disney Channel is great to get masses of kids to see it (and it makes sense too as Disney was one of the partner studios involved with the show)...

a lot of people are speculating Adrien will select Marinette to get the mouse miraculous...still having to wrap my head around a scenario where Ladybug is not present and how that will affect the battle if she has to constantly switch back and forth while Cat's not looking to resolve the situation...

it's funny that (especially in season 1) Marinette/Ladybug is probably right up there next to Chloe as far as affecting someone being akumatized...

the power-ups are problematic...yes its neat to get a new costume but they really don't make much sense in the big picture...they've managed to win through wits and luck and most of these powers are only good for one specific situation...yeah breathing underwater (or flying) would be advantageous to have, but it often seems like an easy out...especially when they don't use them more often...we still have at least four unknown powers still out there and they barely resort to using them most of the time...