Home Menu

Menu


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 30th, 2017, 07:40 AM #81
ShinySephiroth's Avatar
> ShinySephiroth
The Power Ranger Archives
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 7,500
eBay
ShinySephiroth
The Power Ranger Archives
ShinySephiroth's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 7,500
eBay



To please all possible fans, the easiest thing to do would be to start in some time chamber room showing whoever the protagonist will be, or just Arnie as maybe the human the Terminators were based off, staring at a bunch of random time portals showing clips from all of the movies and the TV show. He grabs some futuristic gun and says something like, "This has to end" and then he jumps to the end of T2.
ShinySephiroth is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2017, 07:53 AM #82
Jus1995's Avatar
> Jus1995
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,018
Jus1995
Power Ranger
Jus1995's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,018



ShinySephiroth wrote: View Post

To please all possible fans, the easiest thing to do would be to start in some time chamber room showing whoever the protagonist will be, or just Arnie as maybe the human the Terminators were based off, staring at a bunch of random time portals showing clips from all of the movies and the TV show. He grabs some futuristic gun and says something like, "This has to end" and then he jumps to the end of T2.
YES. YES. So much YES.
Jus1995 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2017, 11:16 AM #83
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 81,162
AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 81,162



kainhighwind2 wrote: View Post

I haven't seen Salvation, but I'd rank them:

The Terminator, Terminator: Genysis, Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, T2: Judgement Day, Terminator Salvation
Can't rank a movie you haven't seen, man.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2017, 11:21 AM #84
Xenotome's Avatar
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 30,140
Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕
Xenotome's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 30,140



ShinySephiroth wrote: View Post

To please all possible fans, the easiest thing to do would be to start in some time chamber room showing whoever the protagonist will be, or just Arnie as maybe the human the Terminators were based off, staring at a bunch of random time portals showing clips from all of the movies and the TV show. He grabs some futuristic gun and says something like, "This has to end" and then he jumps to the end of T2.
Except the TV show is amazing and does more for the franchise than anything beyond T2.
Xenotome is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2017, 11:35 AM #85
Gold Samurai's Avatar
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 29,261
Gold Samurai
Power Ranger
Gold Samurai's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 29,261



It's so easy with time travel involved to just say all the previous movies were alternate realities.

I haven't watched all of "Genisys" but wasn't Skynet looking through alternate realities?

They could do the alternate ending where Sarah survives and John is a politician.




A Terminator ends up on this peaceful reality to cause havok and explosions.
Gold Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2017, 11:40 AM #86
Xenotome's Avatar
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 30,140
Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕
Xenotome's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 30,140



Gold Samurai wrote: View Post

It's so easy with time travel involved to just say all the previous movies were alternate realities.

I haven't watched all of "Genisys" but wasn't Skynet looking through alternate realities?
Not that I recall. Out of universe that's an easy explanation, but it can't be applied in-universe as it makes no sense because Skynet's entire MO is maintaining its survival. Alternate universes don't do that, so it's one timeline they just keeping going back to fuck with it.
Xenotome is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2017, 11:52 AM #87
AdrenalineRush's Avatar
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 7,776
AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger
AdrenalineRush's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 7,776



PrimoMystechRanger wrote: View Post

Can't rank a movie you haven't seen, man.
I agree. Why rank a film that you never saw?
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2018, 07:43 AM #88
leolim's Avatar
> leolim
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,593
leolim
Power Ranger
leolim's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,593



Knowing the next Terminator ignores the last 3 movie I may think of them as standalone prequels and I may take the Dragonball alternate timeline theory on Genisys that not only Skynet's action to change time but also created another almost similar only with the first 2 movies and the upcoming one.
leolim is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2018, 10:05 AM #89
Sevenlima's Avatar
> Sevenlima
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 4,744
Sevenlima
Power Ranger
Sevenlima's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 4,744



What if we have a terminator called T-Omega ?
Sevenlima is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2018, 11:17 AM #90
leolim's Avatar
> leolim
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,593
leolim
Power Ranger
leolim's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,593



Cameron did say that 3, 4, 5, are bad dream so I wouldn’t be surprise the upcoming movie starts with Sarah having a nightmare of Judgement day making Genisys a “Dream” sequel.
leolim is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2018, 02:56 PM #91
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 81,162
AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 81,162



Sevenlima wrote: View Post

What if we have a terminator called T-Omega ?
Names of things are irrelevant to their value.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2018, 04:21 AM #92
BobbyDrake2000's Avatar
> BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 7,614
BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger
BobbyDrake2000's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 7,614



Do one final movie where Skynet sends a Terminator even further back in time so say, kill Sarah's grandfather. Arnie goes back once again, and this time, the evil Terminator accidentally kills a man that doesn't seem like much... then it turns out the man is the (eventual) father of the man who would eventually design and program Skynet in the first place, meaning it never gets invented and Judgement Day is averted once and for all.
BobbyDrake2000 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2018, 06:02 AM #93
> OmniMystechRanger
SPECIAL MODERATOR, LORD, MASTER & BOSS OF STUPID UGLY FACE: GREENBEASTFIST & HASSO PRIMO
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 10,103
OmniMystechRanger
SPECIAL MODERATOR, LORD, MASTER & BOSS OF STUPID UGLY FACE: GREENBEASTFIST & HASSO PRIMO
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 10,103



BobbyDrake2000 wrote: View Post

Do one final movie where Skynet sends a Terminator even further back in time so say, kill Sarah's grandfather. Arnie goes back once again, and this time, the evil Terminator accidentally kills a man that doesn't seem like much... then it turns out the man is the (eventual) father of the man who would eventually design and program Skynet in the first place, meaning it never gets invented and Judgement Day is averted once and for all.
The problem is that if ya kill the person who was the father of the person who made skynet, it could create something worse than skynet an could replace that time completely!
OmniMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2018, 10:17 AM #94
leolim's Avatar
> leolim
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,593
leolim
Power Ranger
leolim's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,593



Before Genisys was shown has any of you watches 3 and 4 first as standalone movie prequels then watch 1 and 2 later on while doing a marathon?
leolim is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2018, 11:41 AM #95
CaptainCanoe's Avatar
> CaptainCanoe
Pssssst. behind you!
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,525
CaptainCanoe
Pssssst. behind you!
CaptainCanoe's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,525



Sevenlima wrote: View Post

What if we have a terminator called T-Omega ?
CaptainCanoe is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2018, 12:20 PM #96
Brown Ranger's Avatar
> Brown Ranger
Que Boom!
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 7,639
Brown Ranger
Que Boom!
Brown Ranger's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 7,639



Or Execute the T-66. Wipe them out. All of them.
Brown Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2018, 02:48 PM #97
christopherjohn's Avatar
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 13,132
christopherjohn
VIP Rider
christopherjohn's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 13,132



BobbyDrake2000 wrote: View Post

Do one final movie where Skynet sends a Terminator even further back in time so say, kill Sarah's grandfather. Arnie goes back once again, and this time, the evil Terminator accidentally kills a man that doesn't seem like much... then it turns out the man is the (eventual) father of the man who would eventually design and program Skynet in the first place, meaning it never gets invented and Judgement Day is averted once and for all.
You've created a paradox. How can the person die if Skynet is never created? That is the reason why Skynet always failed in the first place. They reinforced paradoxes that had to happen. Skynet creates the one that destroys it. That is why they always failed at killing Sarah and John. They can't kill them because if you would kill them they aren't defeated and they never send a terminator back in time to kill them. See the paradox without the one you can't have the future you wish to have.
christopherjohn is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2018, 03:00 PM #98
GetTheeToABrewery's Avatar
> GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 23,556
GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here
GetTheeToABrewery's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 23,556



christopherjohn wrote: View Post

You've created a paradox. How can the person die if Skynet is never created? That is the reason why Skynet always failed in the first place. They reinforced paradoxes that had to happen. Skynet creates the one that destroys it. That is why they always failed at killing Sarah and John. They can't kill them because if you would kill them they aren't defeated and they never send a terminator back in time to kill them. See the paradox without the one you can't have the future you wish to have.
Except, while T1 did establish the existence of time paradoxes, T2 established that time is not immutable. It can be changed. The fact that Miles Dyson died before designing Skynet is proof positive of that, because it directly contradicts what happened in the undisturbed timeline the Terminators came from.
GetTheeToABrewery is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2018, 03:17 PM #99
christopherjohn's Avatar
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 13,132
christopherjohn
VIP Rider
christopherjohn's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 13,132



johnboy3434 wrote: View Post

Except, while T1 did establish the existence of time paradoxes, T2 established that time is not immutable. It can be changed. The fact that Miles Dyson died before designing Skynet is proof positive of that, because it directly contradicts what happened in the undisturbed timeline the Terminators came from.
Yet Judgement Day still happened. It was just delayed.
christopherjohn is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2018, 03:53 PM #100
GetTheeToABrewery's Avatar
> GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 23,556
GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here
GetTheeToABrewery's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 23,556



christopherjohn wrote: View Post

Yet Judgement Day still happened. It was just delayed.
The fact that it still happened is irrelevant. If it didn't happen at the exact same time in the exact same way, that proves that there's no paradox involved. Kyle Reese and the first Terminator "always" appeared in the 80s, because the future they came from was dependent on their involvement in the past. The two Terminators from the sequel only existed in the past after they went there. There existed a timeline where they did not appear, and now that they have appeared, the future ahead of them is different from the one they came from.
GetTheeToABrewery is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Post Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:15 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.