Home Menu

Menu

Old September 22nd, 2017, 11:13 PM #61
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Arnie confirms all Terminator projects not involving Cameron's input will be ignored

https://www.theterminatorfans.com/ex...-installments/

Arnie was even told in a meeting not to promote it as ''Terminator 6'', which annoyed him a bit

“So I said guys… you really think you have the privilege and the right and the power to call it anything? They said (Cameron and Ellison) what are you talking about?
Arnold went on to say; “Well, people will call it what they want, so sure enough every fucking one will say TERMINATOR 6! TERMINATOR 6! TERMINATOR 6! TERMINATOR 6! I mean do you think people are stupid? After seeing the movie you may say it’s a great sequel to Terminator 2 but at the beginning everyone is going to be calling it the sixth Terminator.”
Cameron Samurai is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2017, 01:03 AM #62
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

I love that man's balls.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2017, 08:09 AM #63
> Sevenlima
Power Ranger

Sevenlima
Power Ranger

Perhaps we could have a better result than Genysis.
Sevenlima is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2017, 08:59 AM #64
> shoujoaifan01
Power Ranger

shoujoaifan01
Power Ranger

As much as as Salvation was "meh", with it's changed ending and all, they should've just gone on making it the "John Connor Chronicles" so to speak, and just finish the dang war in the future, because they go out of their way to retcon any attempt to end the war in the past, and any attempt to "we'll REALLY rewrite the present this time", only for either themselves or a different creator to say otherwise in another sequel...

....mind you, typing that I just realized any "true" ending to the war can itself be overwritten later, and the whole dang "Terminator"'s franchise central question of whether one can fight fate has become an accidental metaphor for how Hollywood is fate and this will never end.

And now I'm nostalgic for the SCC again. Sure, the show ended on a cliffhanger, but it ended in such a way that they could easily do either new adventures down that route, or yes, even use time travel to reset it's status quo, so even though it has no true end, like the "main" timelines.

It will probably never be revisited, except outside maybe books or something, so by proxy of never be revisited again, it's actually never to be tarnished by the likes of retcons, so now it's kinda set aside, a flawed jewel that wasn't perfect, but more than the sum of it's parts........which is a perfect metaphor for Terminator at it's worst and at it's best. Best when left alone.

....of course we'll watch the new ones anyway, hoping anyway. There's a reason why there's an audience for something that everyone claims they're not going to see.
shoujoaifan01 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2017, 09:11 AM #65
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

Terminator 6 release date: July 26, 2019

Source: http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/t...or-summer-2019
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2017, 09:14 AM #66
> Sevenlima
Power Ranger

Sevenlima
Power Ranger

Could Sarah Connor fake her death in Terminator 3 ?
Sevenlima is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2017, 10:44 AM #67
> Spoony Spoonerson
...like a WRECKING BALL!

Spoony Spoonerson
...like a WRECKING BALL!

I'd much rather see a fresh complete reboot to the series than all of these tacked-on "THIS one will save the timeline and make everything okay!" movies. As I've said before, Terminator isn't the big tentpole Hollywood seems to think it is. The last three movies have not done well, and the last one had Arnie return with Emilia Clarke hot off Game of Thrones, did the thing of throwing back to previous movies, and STILL nobody cared. Why keep bucketing out water from this sinking ship, when you can start with a new one that's not riddled with holes?

Start completely fresh. Get Dwayne Johnson as The Terminator. Chris Pratt as Kyle Reese. Scarlett Johansson as Sarah Connor. Make it R-rated. Give Schwarzenegger, at best, a cameo without dialogue. Print the money.
Spoony Spoonerson is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2017, 11:03 AM #68
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

Spoony Spoonerson wrote: View Post

I'd much rather see a fresh complete reboot to the series than all of these tacked-on "THIS one will save the timeline and make everything okay!" movies.
I don't know a reboot of a Schwarzenegger film would be a good idea. Remember the 2011 reboot of Conan the Barbarian starring Jason Momoa? That flopped.

As I've said before, Terminator isn't the big tentpole Hollywood seems to think it is. The last three movies have not done well, and the last one had Arnie return with Emilia Clarke hot off Game of Thrones, did the thing of throwing back to previous movies, and STILL nobody cared.
I think it's because several people feel Judgement Day was the definitive ending of the series.

Why keep bucketing out water from this sinking ship, when you can start with a new one that's not riddled with holes?
To quote Gosei: There's a simple explanation for that.

Start completely fresh. Get Dwayne Johnson as The Terminator. Chris Pratt as Kyle Reese. Scarlett Johansson as Sarah Connor. Make it R-rated. Give Schwarzenegger, at best, a cameo without dialogue. Print the money.
Hm, I'd have Tom Hardy as the Terminator, Bill Skarsgard as Kyle Reese (could serve as a playing against type for him as he's played Pennywise in this year's It - Chapter One) and Emma Stone as Sarah Connor instead of Johnson, Pratt and Johansson. As much as I like those three actors, I'd have someone in their late twenties/early thirties as Kyle and Sarah respectively.

Last edited by AdrenalineRush; September 29th, 2017 at 11:27 PM.
Old September 29th, 2017, 02:17 PM #69
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AdrenalineRush wrote: View Post

Remember the 2011 reboot of Conan the Barbarian starring Jason Momoa? That flopped.
Because they didn't adapt to Millennials and give us the awesome cartoon lineup of characters.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2017, 02:24 PM #70
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

PrimoMystechRanger wrote: View Post

Because they didn't adapt to Millennials and give us the awesome cartoon lineup of characters.
That and it came out on August, which at the time was a dump month.
Old September 29th, 2017, 06:36 PM #71
> BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

Sevenlima wrote: View Post

Could Sarah Connor fake her death in Terminator 3 ?
They're ignoring anything that happened after T2, so Sarah's most likely still alive and still off the grid. Now, if they can find Edward Furlong, sober him up and get him in reasonable shape to return as John Connor, we'll have a movie.
BobbyDrake2000 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2017, 10:46 PM #72
> kainhighwind2
Magna Power!

kainhighwind2
Magna Power!

I really liked Genysis. It's better than T2, which almost constantly puts me to sleep, or has me on my phone to trudge my way through it. It's just so... boring, which a movie with a time travelling robot with a gatling gun and a motorcycle shouldn't be. And Edward Furlong was easily the worst part of it. I hated him so bad.

I haven't seen Salvation, but I'd rank them:

The Terminator, Terminator: Genysis, Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, T2: Judgement Day, Terminator Salvation
kainhighwind2 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2017, 11:03 PM #73
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

kainhighwind2 wrote: View Post

I haven't seen Salvation.
Why haven't you seen Salvation? It's arguably the only one to be completely set in the post-apocalyptic future and given that I saw the film, I would definitely recommend it.
Old September 29th, 2017, 11:16 PM #74
> Jus1995
Power Ranger

Jus1995
Power Ranger

Spoony Spoonerson wrote: View Post

Get Dwayne Johnson as The Terminator. Chris Pratt as Kyle Reese. Scarlett Johansson as Sarah Connor. Make it R-rated. Give Schwarzenegger, at best, a cameo without dialogue. Print the money.
*ahem* That overrated walking piece of cardboard does not belong in the same sentence as Sarah Connor. And neither did the other walking piece of cardboard from that show which jumped the shark in Season 6. This isn't just because I'm opposed to remaking the original Terminator (something Genysis tried to do with that retcon bullshit, look how well that turned out), it's because Mrs Johansson has the acting range of a steamroller. The whole point is that Sarah Connor started off the movie as a terrified teenage girl who's way out of her depth, and ended up becoming a stone cold badass who seized her own destiny. Giving that iconic role to the woman who has only one emotion is like casting Shia LaBeouf as Private Ryan.
Jus1995 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2017, 11:26 PM #75
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

Jus1995 wrote: View Post

And neither did the other walking piece of cardboard from that show which jumped the shark in Season 6.
Who, Chris Pratt or Dwayne Johnson?
Old September 30th, 2017, 12:20 AM #76
> Jus1995
Power Ranger

Jus1995
Power Ranger

Who, Chris Pratt or Dwayne Johnson?
Daenerys. Emilia Clarke.
Old September 30th, 2017, 12:38 AM #77
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

Daenerys. Emilia Clarke.
Actually, I liked Clarke's role as Sarah in Genisys but do you think Johnson would be a great fit for the Terminator, same with Pratt as Kyle?

Last edited by AdrenalineRush; October 3rd, 2017 at 07:55 PM.
Old September 30th, 2017, 04:01 AM #78
> Jus1995
Power Ranger

Jus1995
Power Ranger

Actually, I liked Clarke's role as Sarah in Genisys but do you think Johnson would be a great fit for the Terminator, same with Praff as Kyle?
If she were a female Terminator, I could work with that. But as Sarah Connor? Hell. No.
Old September 30th, 2017, 06:06 AM #79
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

If she were a female Terminator, I could work with that. But as Sarah Connor? Hell. No.
I was referring to Dwayne Johnson in my question, as in do you think he would be a great fit as the Terminator, same with Chris Pratt as Kyle Reese?
Old September 30th, 2017, 06:24 AM #80
> Jus1995
Power Ranger

Jus1995
Power Ranger

I was referring to Dwayne Johnson in my question, as in do you think he would be a great fit as the Terminator, same with Chris Pratt as Kyle Reese?
I suppose so. Sorry, I just really like the first Terminator movie.