Home Menu

Menu

Old October 20th, 2016, 11:09 AM #41
> HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

hasso_opitz wrote: View Post

That's the same for me, but the opposite result. I originally bought a PS4 in prep for Kingdom Hearts. I don't play sports. I don't play FPS. I don't play GTA. Tomb Raider, and I assume Uncharted, are fun. I love Infamous and Diablo III on PS4 as well but I love side scrollers. I love multiplayer. I love simply fun games. I have so many people in and out of my house and it's always about multiplayer on the Wii U. I love Diablo III co-op but it's a chore to even set that up for multiple people.

And I don't really like any 3D Zeldas either, haha.
See, I'm quite loyal to franchises. Most of the franchises I've ever had an interest in are either exclusive to Playstation (Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper, LittleBigPlanet, Uncharted) or not on Nintendo consoles (Assassin's Creed, Elder Scrolls, GTA). Add that to the fact I can use it to play DVDs and Blu-Rays and Playstation wins for me every time.

Don't get me wrong, I love a Zelda or Pokémon game as much as the next chap, but that's basically all Nintendo has going for them. I've never seen the appeal in Mario, and everything else is things which I've never heard of and therefore have no interest in. Now I'm sure things like that are just as fun as the obscure, unknown stuff on Playstation, but they're not what I look to when I want to buy a console. They're just things I might check out if I had the hardware already.

I'm certainly not ruling out the Switch. But it's certainly not an automatic pre-order like it is for a lot of people either.
HowlingSnail is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2016, 11:12 AM #42
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

Well, there goes a few hundred bucks in March.

Zyuman wrote: View Post

They have a hard time competing with Xbox and ps4.
Do they? I know there's the issue of not getting the same ports, but they tend to go quality over quantity. Is that really the same thing as having a hard time competing, especially if the console sales keep pace?

Digifiend wrote: View Post

Surely Mario Kart will be a ninth game, not a port of 8?
It would make sense. It's been enough time since 8 to make a new one and they don't really port Mario Kart the way they've done Zelda. Everything else is a new game, too.

GokaiGold wrote: View Post

That's nice. But most people don't. I don't see how you can look at where Nintendo has been for years and not see they're not in the position they once were. The way they've been running their business has shown they've lost touch.
But that's the complaint every generation. "They've lost touch." Because they don't go for the hardcore gamer as much as everyone. But they also happen to produce the most replayable games out there. How exactly are they out of touch?

Quantum Wolf wrote: View Post

I certainly hope they'll confirm data transferal from Wii U/3DS to Switch. I think that would be a good hook in for those who don't want to make the jump.
Seems like data transfer would be a given. I'm hoping for some backwards compatibility too, the base looks like it could have a disc slot on it and controller pots. That'd be kind of awesome to have dual backwards compatibility and portable running at the same time if someone is using the switch the base can still be utilized at home.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2016, 11:19 AM #43
> hasso_opitz
Formally dolphintamer45

hasso_opitz
Formally dolphintamer45

HowlingSnail wrote: View Post

See, I'm quite loyal to franchises. Most of the franchises I've ever had an interest in are either exclusive to Playstation (Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper, LittleBigPlanet, Uncharted) or not on Nintendo consoles (Assassin's Creed, Elder Scrolls, GTA). Add that to the fact I can use it to play DVDs and Blu-Rays and Playstation wins for me every time.

Don't get me wrong, I love a Zelda or Pokémon game as much as the next chap, but that's basically all Nintendo has going for them. I've never seen the appeal in Mario, and everything else is things which I've never heard of and therefore have no interest in. Now I'm sure things like that are just as fun as the obscure, unknown stuff on Playstation, but they're not what I look to when I want to buy a console. They're just things I might check out if I had the hardware already.

I'm certainly not ruling out the Switch. But it's certainly not an automatic pre-order like it is for a lot of people either.
I was raised on NES and SNES, so if I have any loyalty in anything it's franchises on them. I remember getting PS1 and N64 for Christmas and traded in my N64 for more PS1 games. I didn't understand why Mario was in 3D. It wasn't fun. The only reason I play 3D world is because of multiplayer. I liked Mario 64DS a lot but that was a handheld game in my brain. I've never completed a 3D Mario game except on the Wii U. That's why I own 3D world. It isn't because it's Mario but because it looks fun. I read gaming websites that tell me what is upcoming and that's why I know about future games. I don't think I own anything obscure.

I know Nintendo will never give up playing with other people and I know the games just flow with it. I've never pre-ordered a system before. This is exciting!

edit: oh yah! I forgot. Did anyone else notice what was missing from the trailer that really stood out? I mean...it's a big deal what's missing.
hasso_opitz is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2016, 11:22 AM #44
> GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

Titanium321 wrote: View Post

But that's the complaint every generation. "They've lost touch." Because they don't go for the hardcore gamer as much as everyone. But they also happen to produce the most replayable games out there. How exactly are they out of touch?
I know Nintendo fans love the games, but the way they've handle their business with the Wii U showed that they weren't in touch. The Wii U wasn't a success because they tried to rely on another gimmick like the Wii and it didn't work. Its not about not going for the hardcore gamer, because really that is the audience now. Hardcore gamers bought and supported the Wii U. There are probably more casual gamers playing the PS4 and Xbox One because of the games available.
GokaiGold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2016, 11:29 AM #45
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Kaigan wrote: View Post

I kinda wish Nintendo would make a console without a gimmick. Just make a nice console that can play some cool games, that's all I want.

And watch it fall into obscurity for not standing out among competitors? It's all about being noticed these days

I just saw this

Gold Samurai is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2016, 11:35 AM #46
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

Gold Samurai wrote: View Post

And watch it fall into obscurity for not standing out among competitors? It's all about being noticed these days
And a gimmick or fad that doesn't work tends to fade away quickly (hi Miitomo).

Conversely, it kind of can't go into obscurity for the simple fact that it is one of the three video game consoles still out there.
TeraMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2016, 11:42 AM #47
> NeoZeoRedRanger
Power Ranger

NeoZeoRedRanger
Power Ranger

I like it. 1,000X more than the Wii U since you can use a "pro-gamer" controller instead of that clunky game-pad.

Not sure if I'm sold on the functionality yet, I'll wait for more to be review/revealed; but hoping it does better than the Wii and WiiU.

NeoZeoRedRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2016, 11:45 AM #48
> hasso_opitz
Formally dolphintamer45

hasso_opitz
Formally dolphintamer45

Gold Samurai wrote: View Post

I just saw this

http://i.imgur.com/2JmF3Ke.png
Definitely true. Unlike a screen that you can use for different games (which makes it hard to develop for when you have other two systems) I don't see how the Switch is gimmicky. It's a Nintendo inside and a Gameboy outside. The controller setup is a way to play outside, and with friends. Or, hold it as a Gameboy. The end.

I will say I am not one to automatically see a gimmick and right it off like others. I would rather have good gimmicks than a typical console. The only reason I bought PS4 over Xbox One was I may have the chance to play my old PS1/PS2 games on the PSN. Otherwise to me it's a dart board of a choice.

NeoZeoRedRanger wrote: View Post

I like it. 1,000X more than the Wii U since you can use a "pro-gamer" controller instead of that clunky game-pad.

Not sure if I'm sold on the functionality yet, I'll wait for more to be review/revealed; but hoping it does better than the Wii and WiiU.
Hated gamepad required games in multiplayer but I didn't mind holding it to play games. It was light enough.
Old October 20th, 2016, 11:50 AM #49
> ShadowJoker
Crimson Comrade

ShadowJoker
Crimson Comrade

I was surprised by how accurate a lot of the NX fan-made concept art was.

I'm excited, like really excited. It's so simple but yet so cool. I like the slickness and clean design of the system and controls. This is the first time in a long time that I feel motivated to by a system day one from Nintendo.

I like the name: Nintendo Switch. Short and to the point. Describes the concept of the system and it's gimmick very easily. I'm eager to hear more about the system and to know whether or not it has a touch screen or accelerometer.

I hope this changes things around for Nintendo.
ShadowJoker is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2016, 11:51 AM #50
> Tsukasa
Power Ranger

Tsukasa
Power Ranger

NeoZeoRedRanger wrote: View Post

Uhm, what?
The WiiU HAS a Pro Controller!
You don't need to use the GamePad at all except for like, what, three games...

hasso_opitz wrote: View Post

I was raised on NES and SNES,

edit: oh yah! I forgot. Did anyone else notice what was missing from the trailer that really stood out? I mean...it's a big deal what's missing.
1 - Same.
NES, SNES, N64, CameCube
GB, GBA, GBAsp
DS, DSlite
3DS, 3DS XL, =NEW= 3DSXL

2 - What was missing?
Tsukasa is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2016, 11:52 AM #51
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

I know Nintendo fans love the games, but the way they've handle their business with the Wii U showed that they weren't in touch. The Wii U wasn't a success because they tried to rely on another gimmick like the Wii and it didn't work. Its not about not going for the hardcore gamer, because really that is the audience now. Hardcore gamers bought and supported the Wii U. There are probably more casual gamers playing the PS4 and Xbox One because of the games available.
So, to clarify, being in touch in this context is aiming at casual gamers without a gimmick?
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2016, 11:53 AM #52
> Tsukasa
Power Ranger

Tsukasa
Power Ranger

ShadowJoker wrote: View Post

I was surprised by how accurate a lot of the NX fan-made concept art was.
It isn't hard to be accurate when the copyright images are out there.
Anyway, I'm glad that that fake controller with the sticks in the screen isn't accurate at all...
Old October 20th, 2016, 11:54 AM #53
> hasso_opitz
Formally dolphintamer45

hasso_opitz
Formally dolphintamer45

Tsukasa wrote: View Post

2 - What was missing?
CHILDREN!

I don't think I saw any?
Old October 20th, 2016, 12:08 PM #54
> Tsukasa
Power Ranger

Tsukasa
Power Ranger

Hmmm?
I'll have to rewatch it...
Old October 20th, 2016, 12:39 PM #55
> CheckeredRanger
Becky Lynch>Everyone

CheckeredRanger
Becky Lynch>Everyone

Good to see the third-party publishers like EA and Take-Two/2K back on board
Normally I don`t give a crap about EA,but people do and their presence does help a system out
CheckeredRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2016, 12:40 PM #56
> GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

Titanium321 wrote: View Post

So, to clarify, being in touch in this context is aiming at casual gamers without a gimmick?
I'd say being in touch is having a console that people actually want to buy. Having a balance of having a system that can appeal to casual gamers with stuff they and hardcore gamers. Which I think that is something Nintendo has lost for years. They went too far in one direction with the Wii and then the Wii U wasn't able to compete with its lack of 3rd party support and a gimmick most people didn't want. As long as they can learn from the mistakes, they should be fine.
GokaiGold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2016, 12:41 PM #57
> Tsukasa
Power Ranger

Tsukasa
Power Ranger

I'd say being in touch is having a console that people actually want to buy. Having a balance of having a system that can appeal to casual gamers with stuff they and hardcore gamers. Which I think that is something Nintendo has lost for years. They went too far in one direction with the Wii and then the Wii U wasn't able to compete with its lack of 3rd party support and a gimmick most people didn't want. As long as they can learn from the mistakes, they should be fine.
If the GamePad is a gimmick than so is every tablet out there...
Old October 20th, 2016, 12:47 PM #58
> TheLastBlade
Power Ranger

TheLastBlade
Power Ranger

Zyuman wrote: View Post

Nintendo.

They have a hard time competing with Xbox and ps4.
Hardware sales? Sure.

In terms of games? They're actually doing fine on that front. The other studios that devote their resources on Xboxone and PS4, on the hand....
TheLastBlade is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2016, 12:54 PM #59
> Arkvoodle
HEED MY WILL!!!

eBay
Arkvoodle
HEED MY WILL!!!

eBay

if the current rumor is right & the Switch is also region-free, that'll be a HUGE push sales-wise...
Arkvoodle is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2016, 12:56 PM #60
> TheLastBlade
Power Ranger

TheLastBlade
Power Ranger

If not, then we'll face a large controversy that'll eclipse the sun.
TheLastBlade is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
itprintsmoney!, switchitup, uhuhuh, why a mini?