Home Menu

Menu

Closed

Old April 7th, 2019, 03:21 AM #5841
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Lillie is so rich, her mansion even has legendaries around.

- Meltan seems to be into Frying Pans;

- Younger Faba has a hilarious look;

- Seems like anime!Lusamine does like Mohn;

- Lillie's mansion even has secret doors;

- So... Lillie always had a Z-ring somewhere on her house. Rich people... Do their mansions DOESN'T have anything?;

- I like they are bringing up the whereabouts of Mohn's Pokémon;

- Mohn had a Magearna on his wardobe. Wow;

- So Mohn wanted to give Magearna as a gift to Lillie? So is another cast member getting a mythical? Seems like after Ash got Meltan, they just opened the gates for everyone to have mythicals/event pokémon;

- Lillie does speeches to get help from Hala... And to use Z-power;

- But she couldn't perform Subzero Slammer;

- And more talk about Mohn;

- Seems like Magearna's awakening will be saved for later. Maybe for Mohn's return arc? I'm assuming his return won't have anything to do with PokéPelago and even if it does, it'll turn out completly different;

- No TR. Bonus points.

Overall, good episode. Lillie's focus episodes always tend up to be at least interesting and a highlight in a series with so many ups and downs. At least they are finally setting her up as a battler.

Next time: Another Resort and another gang's pokémon gets lost episode.

precita wrote: View Post

New ep title is pretty funny:

SM ep 120: Lana hooks a Kyorge!?!

The writers are just going crazy with legendaries now in SM.

I also highly suspect Lana is a fan favorite of the anime writers, she definitely feels like the "dark horse" of this series.
Yeah, sometimes she feels a bit like "creator's pet" with how they deal with her focus episodes and even some of the pokémon she has. Honestly, I think she is just an average character much like all of the classmates sans Lillie.

SephStuff wrote: View Post

What's the expected date for more news on Sword and Shield?

I think my memory is failing me, because I feel like in the past after an announcement of new games there's a fairly consistent schedule of new updates, but here I feel like there hasn't been anything since the initial trailer over a month ago.
We don't have a release date yet. They just promised late 2019.

Personally, my guess would be December, although I'd much rather it was November 15th so I can bridge the holiday to play it.

maslego wrote: View Post

Anyone else want versions of the pokemon seen in the GS demo to show up in Gen 8?
Count on me.

Ever since I found out Honooguma, I started to hate Cyndaquil for stealing its place. Such a better looking starter.

Kotora and its evolution deserve a new chance as well!
Old April 7th, 2019, 04:24 AM #5842
> Random
The Lizard Queen

Random
The Lizard Queen

SephStuff wrote: View Post

What's the expected date for more news on Sword and Shield?

I think my memory is failing me, because I feel like in the past after an announcement of new games there's a fairly consistent schedule of new updates, but here I feel like there hasn't been anything since the initial trailer over a month ago.
You're definitely misremembering. Sun & Moon were announced in February, but we only got the games titles, we didn't actually see or hear anything else about the game until May when we got the reveal trailer similar to what we just had for Sword & Shield.

I wouldn't expect to see anything else until E3, and then we should see the more regular monthly updates.
Old April 7th, 2019, 07:31 AM #5843
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Yeah I sort of predict by May the earliest we'll get the box legendaries and the Rt. 1 Pokemon. That should be neat to build up before any real special stuff emerges with E3 and the like.
Old April 7th, 2019, 08:14 AM #5844
> precita
Power Ranger

precita
Power Ranger

Sometimes it's hard to believe we're already up to the 8th gen of pokemon. I remember the 3rd and 4th gens of pokemon being so long (which they were, they went on for 4 years each), and now each gen just flies by.

It seems every time I turn around now a new gen is announced with new pokemon and the current gen is old news. Everything from the 5th gen onward all tends to blur together for me now. I don't know if it's because I'm an adult now and not a kid anymore, but the first four gens seemed like they went on forever, now new gens happen with a blink of an eye. It's the same with the anime, and why Ash has so many travel companions now whereas for a long time he had so few. It's really weird to think how much time has flew since 2010.
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old April 7th, 2019, 10:27 AM #5845
> Power PC!
Dames call it Dino Power

Power PC!
Dames call it Dino Power

precita wrote: View Post

Sometimes it's hard to believe we're already up to the 8th gen of pokemon. I remember the 3rd and 4th gens of pokemon being so long (which they were, they went on for 4 years each), and now each gen just flies by.

It seems every time I turn around now a new gen is announced with new pokemon and the current gen is old news. Everything from the 5th gen onward all tends to blur together for me now. I don't know if it's because I'm an adult now and not a kid anymore, but the first four gens seemed like they went on forever, now new gens happen with a blink of an eye. It's the same with the anime, and why Ash has so many travel companions now whereas for a long time he had so few. It's really weird to think how much time has flew since 2010.
Agreed. When X/Y was announced I was like, "No way could they be announcing a new Pokemon game already." It felt like they had just released Black and White. Sun and Moon felt the same way.

I don't mind it, though. I love having new Pokemon games to play on a more regular basis.
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old April 7th, 2019, 01:03 PM #5846
> Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

They HAD just released Black 2 and White 2. Some of it's features (Dream World) didn't last two years because of Global Link's generation 6 relaunch.
Old April 7th, 2019, 06:41 PM #5847
> zjranger
#SavingTennis1BallAtATime

zjranger
#SavingTennis1BallAtATime

It is very interesting how each gen before BW felt like forever, but then it becomes the norm with introducing only around 100 new Pokémon for each generation after. Wonder if they'll finally break three digit limit and reach Pokémon #1000.

I predict we're going to have 2 generations for the Switch system based on the rate we're going and also the popularity of the system. Maybe even 3 in the vein similar to a Black and White kind of timing.
Old April 8th, 2019, 05:24 AM #5848
> tremor3258
Power Ranger

tremor3258
Power Ranger

Spider-Phoenix wrote: View Post

- Meltan seems to be into Frying Pans;

I'm assuming at this point Teflon is a garnish.

I think the Aether staff a generation ago is the happiest we've ever seen Lusamine, though.
Old April 10th, 2019, 02:27 AM #5849
> rocky505
Writer of PRLW

rocky505
Writer of PRLW

This month's Corocoro is having a contest and the winner will get to name a new move in Sword and Shield.

The last time Game Freak did something like this was before Diamond and Pearl came out and the fan came up with Draco Meteor.

They already have the stats for the move listed

Type: Steel
Power: 140
Special
User takes 50% HP after using it.
Old April 10th, 2019, 06:54 AM #5850
> tremor3258
Power Ranger

tremor3258
Power Ranger

rocky505 wrote: View Post

This month's Corocoro is having a contest and the winner will get to name a new move in Sword and Shield.

The last time Game Freak did something like this was before Diamond and Pearl came out and the fan came up with Draco Meteor.

They already have the stats for the move listed

Type: Steel
Power: 140
Special
User takes 50% HP after using it.
Is that a user loses 50 % HP or drains 50 % hp?
Old April 10th, 2019, 01:53 PM #5851
> rocky505
Writer of PRLW

rocky505
Writer of PRLW

tremor3258 wrote: View Post

Is that a user loses 50 % HP or drains 50 % hp?
It appears to be just a Steel Type attack of Light of Ruin, Eternal Flower Floette's signature move, but with Mind Blown's recoil.
Old April 10th, 2019, 03:15 PM #5852
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

rocky505 wrote: View Post

It appears to be just a Steel Type attack of Light of Ruin, Eternal Flower Floette's signature move, but with Mind Blown's recoil.
If I had to guess, it'll likely be Meltan's signature move.
Old April 10th, 2019, 04:04 PM #5853
> Adara.2
Power Ranger

Adara.2
Power Ranger

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous wrote: View Post

I want to see this move used constantly in S/M, then.
Old April 10th, 2019, 04:18 PM #5854
> rocky505
Writer of PRLW

rocky505
Writer of PRLW

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous wrote: View Post

I doubt it, Melmetal already has Double Iron Bash and is more of a physical attacker.

The move is more likely to just be a Move Tutor move like Draco Meteor was, as it was also in a contest like this before DP came out, or a signature move for one of the cover legendary Pokemon.
Old April 10th, 2019, 10:37 PM #5855
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Casting for the Pokémon movie

Old April 11th, 2019, 12:30 AM #5856
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
#RiderTimesUp

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
#RiderTimesUp

Gold Samurai wrote: View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=198gzllaumo
The way they set up Psyduck has me amazed that the first-ever live action Pokémon movie was made to appeal to us grown folk.
Old April 11th, 2019, 06:11 AM #5857
> tremor3258
Power Ranger

tremor3258
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai wrote: View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=198gzllaumo
Seeing these in less noir lighting actually makes me appreciate the designs a lot more for calling the major... guess call it 'charm points' of the artwork designs to go with items like fur, feathers, etc.

Also immensely happy my very favorite starter and star of my Pearl run is in this.
Old April 11th, 2019, 06:27 AM #5858
> MutekiDragon
Kinsect Master

MutekiDragon
Kinsect Master

So now there's a leak claiming spirit armor is the main gimmick. The starters will be pure grass/fire/water but the new gimmick will change them to grass/fairy, fire/fighting and water/ghost. Other Pokemon can be armored as well. So in other words One Piece's Armorment Haki is the gimmick according to the leak.
Old April 11th, 2019, 07:18 AM #5859
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

If there's going to be a gimmick, fine; you need something to keep the people interested. However, they better at least not just throw away old gimmicks for the sake of the new ones. (such as the "Mega Evolutions hurt" retcon in Alola to basically not have any new ones after all the ones in Kalos).
Old April 11th, 2019, 07:36 AM #5860
> cognito29
Power Ranger

cognito29
Power Ranger

Well, Z-Rings seem like an Alolan thing anyway (and probably draw on the local Z-Energy from all the Ultra Wormholes) so they shouldn't need any additional writing out.

I wonder if we'll see any Galar variants, though...
Closed

Tags
eternally 10, pokemon