Home Menu

Menu

Old March 26th, 2013, 04:00 AM #61
> mewzard
Power Ranger

mewzard
Power Ranger

King DiEnd wrote: View Post

You'd have a pretty good show if you could get that one guy to shut the hell up sometime. He keeps interrupting with his fucking sentai KNOWLEDGEZ, which would be fine, if he didn't do it every 15 seconds.
johnboy3434 wrote: View Post

I didn't have as much of a problem with the interruptions as I did with the speed of his delivery. I don't know which of you it is that talks so fast, but for the benefit of the listener, you really need to make a conscious effort to slow yourself down. It is the single biggest problem with your podcast.
King DiEnd wrote: View Post

Yupp. It's an erratic interruption that just ruins the listeners focus when one person is talking & making a point and then you get a guy who just INTERJECTS with this inane rambling.
That would be me. While I do, admittedly, talk a bit fast sometimes, I was a bit excited getting to do the topic I had planned on doing a year and a half ago with Lewis and Naaim, and that did add to that. Plus, Lewis' throat hadn't healed all that much when he did come on (having been sick for a while), so I suppose I did subconsciously pick it up even further so we didn't have to talk for so long. I've managed podcasting for about 4 years now with that not being too bad, it just wasn't my best bit, sorry.

And random interjections is my thing, not helped by the fact I wanted to add little bits of interesting info where I could. It wouldn't have been so bad normally, but the topic was a long, multi-segmented one, so what can you do? Not as many non sequiturs interjections that can be left on the cutting room floor, it's mostly stuff involved with the series the suits relate from (when I wasn't discussing the suits of course).

Well, I'm looking forward to the Mystic Force video. All of these tweets have gotten me excited to see how the finished product will turn out, and what little details he might bring out for inspection that missed the twitter window...

Machiko Soga's last Sentai role is bound to get at least a mention, given her role as Bandora/Rita Repulsa, and that poorly dubbed attempt at sounding like Barbara Goodson (Kimberly's imitation of Rita was better, lol).
mewzard is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 09:37 AM #62
> shoujoaifan01
Power Ranger

shoujoaifan01
Power Ranger

Its always good to be aware of your own flaws creatively, so kudos, but I'll admit, I ONLY noticed you interjecting too much on sentai trivia, which did go overboard, but I had NO problem actually understanding anything you said, you didn't seem fast at all.

Granted I watch Doctor Who and Bunheads, and before that Gilmore Girls (from BH's same creators) so maybe I'm just used to fast talking in general (although I'm constantly rewinding DW to relisten to a 1-liner, since they're usually so fast & low in a middle of an action scene, but I'm fine with the pop culture junkies in GG & BH, so I might just be weird and/or short of hearing when there's 'plosions about).
shoujoaifan01 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 11:00 AM #63
> The 2nd Evil
Where Is Your Santa, Now?

The 2nd Evil

Linkara wrote: View Post

The problem I have is that the major storyline and the people it primarily affects, are NOT the Rangers - the Rangers are not the focus of the season. It doesn't make the season BAD, it just has the problem of pushing the people who are SUPPOSED to be the main characters aside.
Funny you say this, because this was the issue I had with Dino Thunder. Everything that was important story wise was all about Tommy, and outside of Trent being evil (Which even that ended up being about Tommy), and the stuff with Anton Mercer, did any of the actual core team of Power Rangers have any storylines that lasted more than an episode? I really cannot remember any.

I didn't mind them doing that in Mystic Force because it felt like the Power Rangers were a part of a larger story. In Dino Thunder, it felt like "Life begins at Tommy".

Mesogog was awesome, though.
The 2nd Evil is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 12:08 PM #64
> ZackMallory
Power Ranger

ZackMallory
Power Ranger

Cassi & Ethans ''relationship'' was an storyline which were going over 3 - 4 episodes or 5 ?
ZackMallory is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 12:10 PM #65
> Judge Joker
Goodbye, bro!

Judge Joker
Goodbye, bro!

So there was a Jungle Fury/Dino Thunder team-up I didn't know about?!
Judge Joker is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 12:17 PM #66
> ZackMallory
Power Ranger

ZackMallory
Power Ranger

i meant cassidy sorry i always calling her cassi ^^
Old March 26th, 2013, 12:45 PM #67
> Judge Joker
Goodbye, bro!

Judge Joker
Goodbye, bro!

You called her 'Casey' for a second. Sorry, it was too much for me to pass up.
Old March 26th, 2013, 12:48 PM #68
> ZackMallory
Power Ranger

ZackMallory
Power Ranger

but if u would have seen DT u would known who i meant
Old March 26th, 2013, 12:51 PM #69
> Judge Joker
Goodbye, bro!

Judge Joker
Goodbye, bro!

...It was a joke...
Old March 26th, 2013, 12:57 PM #70
> ZackMallory
Power Ranger

ZackMallory
Power Ranger

but a verry bad one
Old March 26th, 2013, 01:17 PM #71
> Deathbypretzel
Introvert

Deathbypretzel
Introvert

I'm excited for the next episode. I know it's Linkara's side project, so I am excited that he's willing to do it.
Deathbypretzel is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 01:54 PM #72
> The 2nd Evil

The 2nd Evil

ZackMallory wrote: View Post

Cassi & Ethans ''relationship'' was an storyline which were going over 3 - 4 episodes or 5 ?
I was thinking more in line with storylines that had an impact on the story of the season, but at this point, I will take what I can get, and I actually did forget all about that.
The 2nd Evil is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 02:09 PM #73
> ZackMallory
Power Ranger

ZackMallory
Power Ranger

The 2nd Evil wrote: View Post

I was thinking more in line with storylines that had an impact on the story of the season, but at this point, I will take what I can get, and I actually did forget all about that.
i think the cassidy & ethan ''relationship'' had an HUGHE Impact for the Ranger Dynamic with the comedy duo... the friendship was built there and it had an strong character impagt to the season for me
Old March 26th, 2013, 02:44 PM #74
> darkworldprince
Scotland's Blue Ranger

darkworldprince
Scotland's Blue Ranger

I enjoyed it Nice one.
darkworldprince is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 02:52 PM #75
> JetRanger
Power Ranger

JetRanger
Power Ranger

I'm glad that he was able to finish Mystic Force and give a little insight before his video...Sorry if I haven't been here for a while, by the way.
JetRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2013, 12:58 PM #76
> R-Nogami
Lone Wolf

R-Nogami
Lone Wolf

Linkara wrote: View Post

#MysticForce "Let's have one of the zords turn into a ball that we will kick to one another for no reason before going to the villain!".
yeah... that one's because in Magiranger, MagiRed was on his school's soccer team, so in that battle they improvised a soccer attack for him
R-Nogami is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2013, 01:17 PM #77
> WhiteMystechRanger
Lets get Mystechal

WhiteMystechRanger
Lets get Mystechal

R-Nogami wrote: View Post

yeah... that one's because in Magiranger, MagiRed was on his school's soccer team, so in that battle they improvised a soccer attack for him
Let's also not forget that the football kick finisher has been a staple in Sentai since GoRanger.
WhiteMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2013, 01:35 PM #78
> DarknessRanger
Darkness Untainted

DarknessRanger
Darkness Untainted

Well, "staple" can be stretching it. It's more of an occasional mythology gag than anything. Aside from anniversary specials, I think MAYBE three or tour teams actually had a recurring attack of its kind.

Buuuut let's remember once again, people: Joking Snarkyness.
DarknessRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2013, 08:05 PM #79
> XtrEEmMaShEEn3k2
Power Ranger

XtrEEmMaShEEn3k2
Power Ranger

As much as I want the next episode out, wouldn't coming out with a video so soon after finishing it conflict with his "I don't want my initial impression of the season to be too greatly affecting my final impression of the season" policy he had or something? Is a week really enough time to really mull over the season before making the video, like he has been doing so far?
XtrEEmMaShEEn3k2 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2013, 08:20 PM #80
> YoKozo
Power Stranger

YoKozo
Power Stranger

XtrEEmMaShEEn3k2 wrote: View Post

As much as I want the next episode out, wouldn't coming out with a video so soon after finishing it conflict with his "I don't want my initial impression of the season to be too greatly affecting my final impression of the season" policy he had or something? Is a week really enough time to really mull over the season before making the video, like he has been doing so far?
IIRC, Linkara already mentioned that he usually reserved making the review until after watching the following season. However, since there aren't any more team-ups (minus OAR), there's not much of a follow-up to the cast, so the reviews will come out quicker.
YoKozo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
a very defensive linkara, defensive everyone, don't ask, half assed era, he!!! is not a god, linkara mad, linkara smash!, megaforce > linkara, megaforce > samurai, megaforce vs overdrive, mystic force sucks too, neo neo neo neo neo zeo?, piss poor pronunciation, samurai is the worst, what the hell is a neo?