Menu

Old May 17th, 2012, 08:04 AM #21
> darkshadowranger
Give me vodka.

darkshadowranger
Give me vodka.

comicgeek wrote: View Post

I.Hate.You Does having the set near you effect your appreciation of the series
I actually have never seen thew show :O But yes, the forest scenes are filmed in Tullymore forest park which is right beside me. Set is always a closed one though, and can't really get near it when filming.

I have seen the production trucks pass through a lot.

http://www.cultureaddicthistorynerd....thern-ireland/
http://gazharperphotos.blogspot.co.u...rest-park.html

the photo with the horse in the snow, I used to go down that path on the bike, we used to do time trails on it lol.

Some more photos

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4431325...7622602697067/
darkshadowranger is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2012, 08:26 AM #22
> Spoony Spoonerson
...like a WRECKING BALL!

Spoony Spoonerson
...like a WRECKING BALL!

If you have a spare room, you could probably rent it to obsessive fans and charge mortal. Nice little side business going.
Spoony Spoonerson is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2012, 10:36 AM #23
> darkshadowranger
Give me vodka.

darkshadowranger
Give me vodka.

HAHA thought of that, but no spare room
darkshadowranger is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2012, 02:21 PM #24
> Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

Put a tent up in your yard. I'm sure someone will willingly take that.
Sir Koji is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2012, 12:41 PM #25
> Bread
Part of that world

Bread
Part of that world

New episode was amazing!!!!! Well what can I say they all are,Catelyn is so stupid. P.S. has anyone gotten the video game yet or played it?
Bread is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2012, 06:48 PM #26
> Bread
Part of that world

Bread
Part of that world

True that on the Catelyn comment. But if she had known that only one of her children was in a shit load of danger I wonder if she would have done it? I mean it was her bitchy child....
Old May 22nd, 2012, 08:16 PM #27
> ⚡Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly

Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly

Every episode is good, but this really wasn't my favorite. There just seemed to be way too many scenes where characters tell stories about what happened a long time ago and get emotional about the past. Instead of, say, doing something about what's happening right now.

Then there was the extended stuff with Robb and Tulisa, which are okay, but their storyline isn't exactly setting the world on fire. Jon Snow has also been a little disappointing since they left the crazy guy with his daughter-wives. I just can't get into it, really.

Everyone says that the final episodes of this season are just going to be filled with crazy stuff, so maybe the purpose this week was just to set everything up. I really hope so. This episode wasn't bad, but it didn't amaze me either.

Shay/Tyrion is pretty awesome though.
Multiple Man is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 08:34 PM #28
> Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

Based on the episode summaries and how they're shifting things around from book 3 into this season, yes, this was for pure setup. Hell, next episode got the series a funding boost just for the battle, which is considered the most important battle in the entire war. Granted, that only sets up a few storylines into that part, but yeah, everything was set up this week for the next two weeks, by the look of the summaries.
Old May 22nd, 2012, 08:53 PM #29
> Bread
Part of that world

Bread
Part of that world

It feels like last season the two or so episodes leading into the last two episodes were just set up except for a few eventful things.
Old May 22nd, 2012, 08:58 PM #30
> Bread
Part of that world

Bread
Part of that world

No Book 3 is Season's 3 and 4 combined. As I am sure you know Season 3 and 4 have yet to air. However there are a couple of book 3 elements in this season.
Old May 23rd, 2012, 10:02 AM #31
> TheGreatD
Greatness Time!

TheGreatD
Greatness Time!

They are doing alot of picking and choosing and making it make sense for TV.
TheGreatD is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2012, 12:44 PM #32
> Bread
Part of that world

Bread
Part of that world

The books jump around a lot and the TV can only show so much in an hour so some events have to be moved around.
Old May 23rd, 2012, 04:43 PM #33
> Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

Season 2 has some book 3 stuff. The Brienne/Jaime stuff so far, for one (perhaps only).
Old May 23rd, 2012, 05:14 PM #34
> TheGreatD
Greatness Time!

TheGreatD
Greatness Time!

Yeah they said they can't really do a by the book adaption but the next seasons will still get the story told.
TheGreatD is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2012, 07:23 PM #35
> Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

The main thing stopping a by-the-book adaptation is the sheer number of characters. There's a handful of major characters from book 2 who won't show up until next season for that reason.
Old May 23rd, 2012, 07:33 PM #36
> Bread
Part of that world

Bread
Part of that world

I don't think we will see much of a Theon resolution until next season.
Edit-Holy fucking hell. Blackwater was amazing, but this weeks episode was just fantastic. The ending looked like a crossover with the walking dead although I will probably be having nightmares for the next 5 decades. lol

Last edited by Bread; June 3rd, 2012 at 07:11 PM.
Old June 3rd, 2012, 07:10 PM #37
> Bread
Part of that world

Bread
Part of that world

Edit-accidental double post.
Old June 4th, 2012, 04:21 AM #38
> ⚡Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly

Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly

Yeah, these last two episodes were basically amazing. Pretty much all the cries about lack of action were made up for with the huge Blackwater battle and the many crazy moments from this week.

Loved the stuff in Qarth. It's been one of the weakest stories of the season, but just like the previous season, it features one of the most impressive endings. The dragons are powerful enough to kill, and they can't be controlled by anyone but their "mother." Plus, Deanarys is brought back to the place of strength that she was at before all this Qarth business messed things up a bit. Nice to see Khal Drogo back one last time, along with the baby. A great way to mark her growth as a khaleesi.

I think Tyrion and Shay have the most successful love story in the entire series so far. Which is funny, since I honestly expected Shay to be gone within two weeks of her first appearance. But she colors Tyrion's character so well. It's gonna be wretched if they do finally kill her or otherwise remove her from him.

Jon Snow's story is still kind of boring to me, but at least the whole "north of the Wall" plot is moving ahead, finally showing in full force the Whitewalkers that were shown so briefly in season one. I was freaking out that they were gonna kill him, but they clearly have bigger fish to fry right now. I'm wondering just how intelligent these guys are. If they still ride horses and keep weapons and have coordinated movements, they have to be smarter than your average movie zombie. Unless they're just going off of sense memory or whatever.

The wait for next season is pretty much going to be hell.
Multiple Man is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2012, 12:38 PM #39
> Bread
Part of that world

Bread
Part of that world

My question is do you think Cersei was in a way purposefully helping Sansa out with what she did? I think she really does understand what kind of person Jeoffery really is.
Old June 4th, 2012, 01:38 PM #40
> Big_Pun
Banned

Big_Pun
Banned

Overall, I thought this was a pretty solid follow-up effort to the first season, which I absolutely loved. I think my biggest gripes for this season stem from the fact that they took a fair amount of liberty with the second novel, something they did not do much at all with the first. Still, I understand the necessity of keeping Robb on-screen, adding some extra drama to Dany's time in Qarth, etc.

But there were also some things that really didn't make sense to me. For example, without really spoiling anything, Xaro Xhoan Daxos being locked in a giant vault is going to make it awfully difficult for certain parts of Dany's story going forward. Also, I wasn't a big fan of the whole change with Robb and the way he meets his wife. In the books, her name is Jeyne and she is part of a house sworn to the Lannisters. She only meets Robb after he has taken her father's castle, and their coupling occurs in a moment of grief for Robb after he learns that Theon has taken Winterfell and "killed" Bran and Rickon. I don't know why, but for some reason, that change just never sat right with me.

comicgeek wrote: View Post

My question is do you think Cersei was in a way purposefully helping Sansa out with what she did? I think she really does understand what kind of person Jeoffery really is.
Obviously Cersei knows what kind of person Joff really is, she's his mother. And no, after everything we've seen from Cersei, why would you think that she did this for Sansa? She did this because there's no benefit in uniting the Lannister's and Starks anymore, while House Tyrell remains one of the most prominent, wealthy, and militarily strong Houses in all of Westeros.

Also...

Multiple Man wrote: View Post

Jon Snow's story is still kind of boring to me, but at least the whole "north of the Wall" plot is moving ahead, finally showing in full force the Whitewalkers that were shown so briefly in season one. I was freaking out that they were gonna kill him, but they clearly have bigger fish to fry right now...
Unless I completely missed something, Jon doesn't encounter the White Walker's at all in the finale. The group he's taken by are the wildlings, humans that have chosen to exist "off the grid" so to speak, "free men" living well outside of any sort of city, village, or settlement and with no allegiance to any Houses.

The only one to physically encounter the White Walkers was Sam, which is accurate to the novels but also disappointed me in the way it was executed. Instead of telling what really happened during Sam's first encounter with the Others, TPTB went for the easy, overly dramatic, Walking Dead-type ending that not only disregards what happens in the books, but makes Sam seem even more craven by having him simply try to hide behind a giant rock.

Hopefully no one considers this a spoiler, since the moment in question has already passed on television, but in the book, Sam only comes face to face with one White Walker, which he actually manages to kill, earning himself the nickname Sam the Slayer amongst the members of the Night's Watch. Considering that they'd already introduced dragonglass/obsidian (one of only two substances that can kill an Other) in the prior episode, it seemed kind of like a "Chekov's gun" situation to me.

I know all these issues I have with the show may sound minor, and believe me, I hope they turn out to be. But when you already know what happens next, as I do, I can't help but look at these situations and wonder how they're going to spin them later on when things that didn't seem important previously suddenly come to the forefront.

Last edited by Big_Pun; June 4th, 2012 at 02:04 PM.
Big_Pun is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
everyone dies, my big fat purple wedding, pain and tears, red wedding crashers