Old May 21st, 2019, 12:12 PM #1321
> megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay
megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay

Storm Eagle wrote: View Post

I thought that might be the case with Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection, but it turned out to be no better than the regular controller.
while the controller type may vary with games, the pro controller is the best for fighting games like Smash/street fighter, zelda, mario etc, the joycons are best for games that utilize motion like pokemon lets go, mario party. but for the most part, if the game works with the pro, that would be the best way to go, or even the joycons in the grip handle could work out well.
megagao is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2019, 12:46 PM #1322
> Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!

Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!

Xalfrea wrote: View Post

Super Mario Odyssey impressions so far, having just beat Cascade Kingdom for the first time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcreG-bhRRA.
That was my reaction when I finally beat the jump rope thing. Sure, I cheated but still...
Poweranimals is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2019, 01:35 PM #1323
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

megagao wrote: View Post

while the controller type may vary with games, the pro controller is the best for fighting games like Smash/street fighter, zelda, mario etc, the joycons are best for games that utilize motion like pokemon lets go, mario party. but for the most part, if the game works with the pro, that would be the best way to go, or even the joycons in the grip handle could work out well.
Well it didn't work for me. So I sent that thing right the hell back to the store.
Storm Eagle is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2019, 04:43 AM #1324
> SephStuff
Power Ranger

SephStuff
Power Ranger

megagao wrote: View Post

Different people have different sized hands and will have different feelings about how the controller feels in their hands.
SephStuff is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2019, 05:22 PM #1325
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Odyssey progress: Sand Kingdom beat, farting around the area exploring and looking for moons before I head to Wooded Kingdom. Have also tried my amiibo collection (all of them Smash Bros), and I feel that they're utilized here pretty well giving coins and hearts. Gotta remember to keep the Mario, Peach and Bowser ones on standby as they give the most benefits. The other usage via that Uncle amiibo character is also very helpful for moon collecting, and I've availed on some of them to get the Jumpman, Luigi, Doctor, Wario and Diddy Kong costumes ahead of time.
Xalfrea is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2019, 09:10 AM #1326
> TheLastBlade
Power Ranger

TheLastBlade
Power Ranger

Hold the fuck on..... MORE X-MEN CHARACTERS LIKE PSYLOCKE IS IN?!?!?!?!
TheLastBlade is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old May 23rd, 2019, 11:17 AM #1327
> The Return Of...
VIP Rider

The Return Of...
VIP Rider

TheLastBlade wrote: View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo0zVxzilUw

Hold the fuck on..... MORE X-MEN CHARACTERS LIKE PSYLOCKE IS IN?!?!?!?!
Mannnn the hypppe is real!!!!!!!!!!!
The Return Of... is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2019, 11:36 AM #1328
> Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!

Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!

I kinda wish it was based more on the MCU characters but that does look pretty cool.
Poweranimals is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2019, 12:19 PM #1329
> TheLastBlade
Power Ranger

TheLastBlade
Power Ranger

I donít... Gives it more of an identity.
TheLastBlade is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2019, 04:03 AM #1330
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

MVCI showed us how an MCU characters only game can go really, REALLY badly. This being a major game with the X-Men related characters back...yeah they knew it was a big deal and that trailer really got many people excited and anticipate the game even more. I may not be that big an X-Men fan, but Magneto is my favorite comic book villain of all time and seeing the characters in this game is great.
------------------
Odyssey progress:
Just beat Metro Kingdom and about to head to Seaside Kingdom. Was massively excited to play Metro Kingdom and man oh man it was great, going around the city and free roaming. And the Traditional Festival moment was wonderful. Currently at 193 moons, and by this point I've done backtracking to Cap and Cascade to get more moons. But before I go to Seaside will backtrack again to get all the purple coins I missed. So far this aspect of the game is the most annoying to me and the Bowser amiibo to locate them is a godsend. Though I don't intend to get all the moons on the first playthrough, the coins I'd rather get out of the way.
Old May 26th, 2019, 10:37 AM #1331
> Dead2009
Horror Movie Guru

Dead2009
Horror Movie Guru

Playing one of the indie games called Mega Mall Story which is essentially a mall building simulator and I can't stop playing it, lol.

DC Universe Online to Launch on Nintendo Switch This Summer
https://411mania.com/games/dc-univer...switch-summer/

Last edited by Dead2009; May 26th, 2019 at 10:37 AM.
Dead2009 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2019, 02:28 AM #1332
> Zeo-Gold92
'Consequences'

Zeo-Gold92
'Consequences'

Went back to MK8D earlier to give getting some of the gold parts a go. I can't get anywhere with the time trials. Any tips?
Zeo-Gold92 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2019, 04:09 AM #1333
> BlueSenshi
7 Hours later...

BlueSenshi
7 Hours later...

I went ahead and ordered Smash Bros Ultimate off Amazon (been meaning to try out the smash series for a while, my brothers played I think an emulator of older versions on his pc) considering my Switch library is pretty tiny, as I have Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Lets go Eeevee, as well as pre ordered Three Houses which doesnt come out until the 26th of July. Why are these games so expensive especially pre owned lmao. Game listed the pre owned and new both as £50.
BlueSenshi is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2019, 04:23 AM #1334
> Dead2009
Horror Movie Guru

Dead2009
Horror Movie Guru

That's on the reseller, unfortunately. If the game is fairly recent but still pre-owned, they'll still charge close to standard price.
Dead2009 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2019, 04:41 AM #1335
> BlueSenshi
7 Hours later...

BlueSenshi
7 Hours later...

Yeah that definitely sucks, Smash Bros is pretty good so I guess I'm getting my moneys worth.
Old June 4th, 2019, 05:46 AM #1336
> big smile
VIP Rider

big smile
VIP Rider

Yeah, Nintendo games keep their value. The only time they really come down in price is if Nintendo does a budget re-release.
A good way to save money is to use a service like Save Coins which lets you look at prices of games on the eshop from across the world. Often it can be a bit cheaper to get a game via the eshop from another country (although it depends on how strong your native currency is).
big smile is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2019, 06:01 AM #1337
> Tigran
Power Ranger

Tigran
Power Ranger

I will say this.. Don't sleep on a lot of the smaller games on the Eshop. Just because it's not a AAA doesn't mean there arn't some damned good games on there.
Tigran is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old June 5th, 2019, 11:53 AM #1338
> BlueSenshi
7 Hours later...

BlueSenshi
7 Hours later...

My copy of Smash came today, playing on the joycons arent that bad, but I can see why it's recommended you get a pro controller for it. Also anybody recommend Blazblue Cross tag battle?
Old June 8th, 2019, 12:12 AM #1339
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Odyssey update: At the final dungeon in Moon Kingdom, have about 330 moons, collected all the purple coins of the previous worlds. Gotta say that though Purple Coin hunting is perfectly doable, doesn't seem to be the case for Bowser's Castle without some sort of help like the Bowser amiibo providing coin locations. I continue to applaud Odyssey for its freedom and mechanics motivating you to do the most innocuous things to get hidden stuff, but some of the purple coins in Bowser's Castle are just downright ridiculous to find and get. I'm also hoping for some big payoff for those allspark cubes seen in all the worlds given how often they appeared. All gameplay videos I've seen of Odyssey I deliberately stopped at the final dungeon, so from this point onward I don't know what to expect.
Old June 9th, 2019, 07:06 AM #1340
> ⚡Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

In case anyone missed the announcements yesterday - After the Splatoon 2 World Championship (very good btw, it's recommended watching) the final Splatfest coinciding with the 2-year anniversary of the game was revealed by Mr Nogami.
Titled the "Final Fest - Splatocalypse", it will run for extra long at 72 hours from July 18th - 21st with the theme... What kind of world would you rather live in? Chaos (Pearl) or order (Marina)?

Players will also receive four new pieces of head gear; two for each side's style.

On top of that, this final fest will bring back all 24 previous Shifty Station stages from the past Splatfests, as well as a new final one too!

Speaking of the Shifty Station stages - Details on version 5.0 of the game were also announced. After the final Splatfest, all 25 Shifty Stations will be playable for private battles, bringing the total stages pickable to 48. Additionally with that update, you'll also be able to pick the nighttime Splatfest versions of all 23 non-Shifty stages too.
Of course, as announced quite a while ago, although there will be no more new content added to the game after v5, all of the online servers will continue.

Before all that though, there's still another Splatfest for next week June 15th - 16th. For European players it's "Would you rather be a kid or an adult?" and for American players it's "Which is more majestic? Unicorns or narwhals?"
I'm a Euro player so I'll be picking the Adult team.

Last edited by Morgan Lamia; June 9th, 2019 at 07:11 AM.
Morgan Lamia is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
itprintsmoney!, switchitup, uhuhuh, why a mini?