Home Menu

Menu

Old May 21st, 2019, 11:12 AM #81
> Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

It would be a bit of a spoiler to elaborate further but the best thing I could probably say about Hikari is that she has a somewhat interesting backstory, otherwise as mentioned she’s a block of wood who habitually seems to forget she’s a superhero half the time.

Thankfully a majority of the other 6th Ranger type characters (which I have personally dubbed Extra Cures) are generally a lot better going forward.

Also once you’re done with Max Heart it’s more or less smooth sailing for a good while. In fact the next season Splash Star happens to be one of my personal favorites.

It’s also a severely underrated show that suffers from being a bit derivative of Futari at first glance as well as the unfortunate fate of being sandwiched right in between two of the more iconic seasons in the franchise.
Akiba Black is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2019, 07:14 PM #82
> GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

Ataruman wrote: View Post

Wait isn't Pine the one who talks to animals and Passion's power teleporting...too early?

There is one episode that actually tries (the key word, tries) to have Hikari fight on her own coming up and that...basically explains everything you need to know.
So I'm going to go out on a limb here and say she probably isn't going to win any awards for combat?

-

Futari Wa Precure Max Heart Episode 8

I may hate Pollun, but I would watch the hell out of a Pollun cooking show.

Now there’s the show I love! This episode was honestly the best episode of the season and blows the other shitty eight episodes out of the water. I honestly don’t think I have very many complaints aside from the villains but that’s natural for this show thus far. I loved how it tackled the theme of continuing your own dream or choosing the safe path, how it finally addressed the Pollun-Hikari relationship, and I just…ugh I loved it all. As can be evidenced by the change in my favorites of the episode, this episode finally changed the rump that the show’s been in. Not gonna lie, if all of the episodes were like this I would love Max Heart more.

Akane- Akane is the star of this episode. I think anyone can relate to the pressure she’s under in the episode, and what’s been building over the past few episodes. She’s living her dream, but she’s unsure if it’s enough to support her AND Hikari. It’s understandable that she would take Nakao’s offer at least into consideration. While I never doubted that she would choose to keep the cafe, the way her anxieties were shown in the show was amazing. It’s not quite at Shiho’s episode in terms of focusing on the world, but I think that this episode is up there. It’s nice to get an episode that focuses on the pressures of being an adult, but through the eyes of a child. Hikari is even more of a child than she looks considering how new to Earth she is. This arc would be a great episode to show young kids if they’re worried about their parents. I cannot say enough nice things about this episode.

Hikari-Speaking of Hikari, I thought that this episode did her well! I liked her compassion and worry about Akane. That is one of the things that the show has done well with in terms of Hikari. I feel that worry because we’ve seen the two’s dynamic grow over the course of the season. I liked seeing her dynamic with Honoka. I actually think that the two work well off of each other, with Honoka being a good older sister figure to Hikari. Her other main arc in the episode is her relationship with Pollun. I’ll discuss her half of it here. I do think that she was being a bit too reserved with someone as emotionally needy as Pollun. I do like that she brings out a calmness in him, as I’d take that over the hell that was last season. I’m just glad that the show finally addressed the issue of Hikari and Pollun’s dynamic. It’s something that I’ve been complaining about so I’m glad to see it. More of this Hikari please.

Pollun-I actually like what was shown of Pollun here. I do think that living with Nagisa colored his views of what a healthy relationship is, but I think his heart is in the right place. He wants to have a relationship with Hikari, but she’s so dull that she never lets him know how she feels. It shows that he does care about her, even if he shouldn’t be looking for anger. His scene when he was asking for Nagisa to yell at him made me sad, but also kind of made me think about how Nagisa’s constant yelling at him when they were together may have influenced his development since he is a child. Huh. Never thought I’d give this much thought to Pollun.

Cures- Nagisa and Honoka were good in this episode. They played support to the main plot of the episode, and I think this showcased their youthful optimism really well. Though I don’t think they’ve been the best mentors to Pollun, you can see that both care about him. I don’t have much to say here as they really didn’t play much of a role.

Villains- Boring. Molasses.

-

Choudenshi Bioman Episode 1

Ok I know he's evil and all but I want to know Doctor Man's haircare routine. That shit is flowing and luxurious.

I'm back to covering Sentai again! We'll see how long this lasts. Anyways I'm not structuring this like the Precure reviews (Even those I can't maintain with Max Heart being so dull), rather the traditional paragraph of my thoughts.

So Bioman...I've been intrigued by the show given its legacy as the first Sentai to feature two girls and have downloaded the first episode numerous times to watch it but never actually started it until now. This episode was really just bullet points of what needs to happen in a Sentai pilot. We get the villain intro, heroes getting attacked and kidnapped by the Robo, heroes get the morphers, fight scene, mech, and the ending. Very little happens by way of character development or even character introduction. Their names aren't even mentioned! We get bits from when each character is kidnapped; Red's a....I don't know, Green's a driver or into cars, Blue's involved with water, Yellow's a photographer, and Pink's a musician. the character that I thought came out the best in terms of getting a grasp of their personality was Yellow. She has spunk and definitely contrasts Pink, but her bit at the end showcased that she has an attitude to her which I like. Pink, on the other hand, seems like a load. She spent most of the episode screaming or fainting. She didn't come off the best. The guys all seem like cardboard. Definitely potential here though.

As for aesthetics and miscellaneous stuff, I like the Bioman suits. They're odd but I like them. The whole 'electronic brain' thing kind of didn't make sense to me but I guess they just have a supercomputer in their helmets? The robot was basic as hell, and Pebo gave off a Luckyuro vibe to me for some reason. The villains seem fine, nothing special. Though I do have an issue with the sheer amount of names I'm supposed to remember on their side. The five main generals plus five monsters? Well ok then.
GrumpyBookworm is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2019, 07:34 PM #83
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

I really wish there was more to the Akane plot but I did like this plot and it is one of the few highlights of the early going.

As for Bioman...trust me, the villains are way more interesting than the heroes. Sure there's another one that comes later, but Gear alone makes the show worthwhile.
Ataruman is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2019, 02:25 AM #84
> Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Like Honoka’s grandmother, Akane is another character that I sort of wish they’d done a little more with as she acts as sort of a mentor figure for the girls (particularly Nagisa and Hikari). Sort of like a similar character you’ll meet a few seasons from now it might have been cool to let her in on the secret or something.

As for Bioman, yeah I agree that Gear is way more interesting than the Biomen themselves. Another unique thing about the season is that the MOTW are relegated exclusively to the giant fights while the ground battles are mainly against the generals/foot soldiers.
Old June 6th, 2019, 05:00 AM #85
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Akiba Black wrote: View Post

Like Honoka’s grandmother, Akane is another character that I sort of wish they’d done a little more with as she acts as sort of a mentor figure for the girls (particularly Nagisa and Hikari). Sort of like a similar character you’ll meet a few seasons from now it might have been cool to let her in on the secret or something.
If it's who I think you are mentioning...they sort of were a weird case and weren't really a mentor...just a weirdo man of mystery...who sold doughnuts.
Old June 6th, 2019, 06:16 AM #86
> Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

I was thinking more of Miyuki to be honest (she didn’t sell food but reminder that Akane was also Nagisa’s lacrosse coach) but Kaoru kind of works too.
Old June 6th, 2019, 09:31 AM #87
> GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

I really wish there was more to the Akane plot but I did like this plot and it is one of the few highlights of the early going.

As for Bioman...trust me, the villains are way more interesting than the heroes. Sure there's another one that comes later, but Gear alone makes the show worthwhile.
I thought there was enough to the Akane plot for what it was. Interesting to hear about the villains though.

As for Bioman, yeah I agree that Gear is way more interesting than the Biomen themselves. Another unique thing about the season is that the MOTW are relegated exclusively to the giant fights while the ground battles are mainly against the generals/foot soldiers.
They could have done more with her, but her role in the series right now doesn't hurt her or anything imo.

Thanks for clarifying that last bit. I was a bit confused about that aspect of Bioman at first.

-

Futari wa Precure Max Heart Episode 9

Honoka needs to stop having birthdays. She very rarely gets to celebrate them.

I’m writing this review a couple days, more like a week, since I watched this episode so if this isn’t as detailed you know why.

One thing I do like about Max Heart is the fact that the show actually let the girls age into their final year of middle school and acknowledging the issues that come with being at the top of the school. This comes through in the fact that the subplot of the episode was focused on how our Cures aren’t the best at handling the authority that comes with being the leader of their respective clubs. Nagisa’s more focused on the sport of lacrosse and leaves the actual managing to Shiho and Rina, whereas Honoka struggles with the pressure with being the leader of the science club and snaps at an underclassmen who’d did an experiment wrong. Honoka, being Honoka, ends up internalizing this as the fact that she’s not a good leader which leads to her parents and everyone noticing that something is off. I thought that this episode did a good job showcasing Yuriko who is sadly underused as a part of the supporting cast, most likely because Nagisa and her group of friends are louder and probably interesting to kids than the quiet subdued types. I honestly felt that the birthday aspect was sort of ok, I liked seeing the parents actually interacting with their daughter as opposed to the bank robbery from last time. I don’t have much else to say here, but we did get an introduction to the female villain of the season, who I don’t have a fun nickname for yet, and she seemed fine? Like I’ve been saying the villains are so weak right now but I feel obligated to mention them. Solid episode, if a bit weaker than the Akane plot.

-

Choudenshi Bioman Episode 2

How on Earth are they able to lift a robot like Peebo? You’d think he’d weigh way more.

What’s surprising me so much about Bioman, at least based on this and the previous episode, is how much focus the girls get compared to the guys. Now I’m not saying that they get amazing focus that tells us more about their characters, but it feels like they’re getting more screen time compared to the three males on the team. The main focus of this episode is fleshing out Mika, as we finally get character names, and the general lore of the story as a whole. There must have been a time skip of at least maybe a good few hours since the other four Biomen have been debriefed already and now they’re on the hunt for Mika. After a fight with Farah and Farah Cat, Fiveman’s Doldora and Zaza’s predecessors, and the monster of the week from the Five, the team saves Mika and we find out a bit more about her. Her photographer brother passed away and she wants to take photos of the nature in Africa that he always wanted to do. She obliges to hear out Pebo and his story. The robot tells the team that they arrived on Earth 500 years ago and blessed their ancestors with the Bio Particles, and that they are the descendants who will protect Earth. What struck me about the backstory was the way the destruction of Planet Bio was showcased. It’s all a bit…too real. Needless to say that doesn’t last long as Mika decides to join the team for good and we get a fight scene at the…power plant? This is where my dislike of the way the fights are edited comes in. I don’t like all the cutaways and quick edits. It makes it feel disjointed to me. Though what impresses me is how much I feel we spend on Pink and Yellow compared to the other three (Well really compared to Blue and Green. Red gets quite a bit). My guess is they were still selling the two female thing to the audience by showcasing it as much as possible. Pink definitely got better this episode, much more competent.The guys still seem like cardboard cutouts. I actually quite like Mika, I know what happens to her and the drama with the actress but I feel she comes off the best in this episode. Solid episode that feels like a good followup.
Old June 6th, 2019, 11:25 AM #88
> AdamPark62
Mastodonth,Zeo Ranger IV

AdamPark62
Mastodonth,Zeo Ranger IV

Red and Green are clearly not the star of the 2 first episodes, but they got more than enough focus. Of course, if you expect some super complex characters in a showa, you’re gonna be dissapointed, but the cast is really entertaining and likable (Probably an unpopular on RB, but doesn’t really matter XD).

You’re gonna have to wait a while to see Hikaru getting a chance to shine. She’s not a strong fighter but after... a famous episode, she realize she can’t always hide behind the others. She’s still the heart of the team of course, but i feel like you don’t need to be a badass to have a good episodes and her episodes were really good IMO.

Girls definitly get a lot of attention in this show, even after... again that famous episode XD
AdamPark62 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2019, 11:34 AM #89
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Funny thing: Yuriko was there from day one of Futari but I didn't realize it until I saw the very first episode again last week. I mean even Shiho and Rina were there but as you said, you can recognize them, especially Shiho and her "triplicate talk". And I do like that this is probably the only Cure season to acknowledge the girls are growing up and moving on; all the other seasons outside one occur in one year and that "other one" basically feels like there's little to say when it occurs. (I say the summer but since the eldest don't graduate or no one moves on, it feels more like typical "time stands still for the mains" stuff) It's another plus for Futari's more realistic view of things even with other problems Max Heart has.

Yeah...Mika...enjoy her while she lasts. I think it worked well that they brought in someone experienced as one of the members, especially as the second girl (she had a decent role in her short period on Sharivan now I've seen that), but it's a shame she gets all this development early on when you know what's coming.
Old June 6th, 2019, 11:47 AM #90
> Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Well the last three (or technically four since Go Princess sort of had one too) Precure seasons did technically end on time skips showing the girls as adults so I guess that’s something at least (not that it matters as Toei will never allow these characters to due to marketing reasons).

Strangely enough though, the fact that Nagisa and Honoka aren’t in middle school anymore is actually somewhat acknowledged in future crossovers (though there are also others that just stick them back in their school uniforms anyway).
Old June 7th, 2019, 09:11 AM #91
> GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

AdamPark62 wrote: View Post

Girls definitly get a lot of attention in this show, even after... again that famous episode XD
Should I be scared of this famous episode lol?

Funny thing: Yuriko was there from day one of Futari but I didn't realize it until I saw the very first episode again last week. I mean even Shiho and Rina were there but as you said, you can recognize them, especially Shiho and her "triplicate talk". And I do like that this is probably the only Cure season to acknowledge the girls are growing up and moving on; all the other seasons outside one occur in one year and that "other one" basically feels like there's little to say when it occurs. (I say the summer but since the eldest don't graduate or no one moves on, it feels more like typical "time stands still for the mains" stuff) It's another plus for Futari's more realistic view of things even with other problems Max Heart has.

Yeah...Mika...enjoy her while she lasts. I think it worked well that they brought in someone experienced as one of the members, especially as the second girl (she had a decent role in her short period on Sharivan now I've seen that), but it's a shame she gets all this development early on when you know what's coming.
I wish Yuriko was looped into the main sort of group of Nagisa, Honoka, Shiho, and Rina like she was in the sleepover episode last season. I thought that this was the route the the show was going but apparently not.

-

Futari wa Precure Max Heart Episode 10

If there was ever an episode that would be perfect for Pinkie Pie to pop in, it would be this one.

I hope you like cakes. I REALLY hope you like learning how to make cakes, because that is the majority of this episode. Admittedly I didn’t find this episode to be particularly interesting, the first half especially. Most of it is spent going through how you make a cake because the plot is that the Cures, minus Hikari, are off visiting a cake factory today. There were some fun elements, but it felt sort of bland. This episode had a theme throughout it of harmony which I thought was done quite nicely, the harmonica gag did make me laugh. We get another Heartiel this episode, and I’m over these guys already. I honestly did not realize that this was one we hadn’t seen before. They all blend together. I honestly would have preferred if they were rocks. The last thing that the show needs is more fairy comedic relief. I would say you could pass on this episode, if not for the honestly kind of impressive fight scene. I think this is the first time in a long time that the Cures have struggled when it comes to fighting back against a monster. I don’t know if it was the fact that they were in a close confined space or if Female General and her monsters are the most powerful out of…what are the villains called again? Point being, Black and White seemed off their game until Hikari shows up and fills the role that Pollun filled last season where he’s the Deus Ex Machina. This episode was…fine. Honestly the best part was the villains, loved the idea that Female General just started all this because she wants a strawberry. Though now I want to know how they got those cakes….

-

Choudenshi Bioman Episode 3

I love how often Gear uses For The Man! It’s almost like a phrase they use just to have something to say when they don’t know what to say.

One of my biggest surprises of the first two episodes of Bioman was how female-centric they felt, and how little focus was spent on the men. This episode sort of fixes that by somewhat focusing on Red. During a Mecha battle, Bio Robo is damaged because of an accident caused by Shingo. While the other three take care of Shingo, Red has to retrieve the part they need from Pebo and make it back to the group and Bio Robo in time before the Mecha Monster destroys it. On top of all this, Doctor Man sends down Monster and one of the five Beastnoids, Juo, to take down Red in his quest to save the day. Some parts of that fight felt like filler, particularly when Red becomes involved as the ball in a game of catch. But it’s through the middle part of the episode that we learn that because of the Bio Particles in their bodies, each of the Biomen have developed a special ability. Red’s is that he can talk to animals. While coming out of nowhere, I can see how the Bio Particles could cause this. Being in the family line for 500 years is sure to screw with the genes a tad. Once the team gets assembled and the mech gets fixed, the episode just goes standard Sentai. Though what intrigues me is that it’s after this that Doctor Man declares that this is war? I guess he just thought one of his Big Three could get the job done? Needless to say this sort of puts the first three episodes into a bit of an opening arc as next time seems like standard Sentai fare. I enjoyed the episode, but not as much as the last two. Bit uneventful.
Old June 7th, 2019, 09:29 AM #92
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

The only good thing about the cake episode...no not Heartiel #3...no more importantly: NATSUKO AND KYOKO RETURN! Yeah...they barely show up in Max Heart but I just love these two (and it isn't just because Natsuko's VA becomes Hibiki eventually) Their only other notable appearance is in the series' second half sadly; I really wish this season did more with the rest of the cast instead of just obsessing in Hikari and the Heartiels, stuff no one wants. (oh and yeah...most of the Heartiels do blend together...except two outside Seekun)

And yeah...Red 1 can talk to animals. I don't get it either.
Old June 7th, 2019, 09:51 AM #93
> Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

I think the Hikari focus wouldn’t have bothered me so much if they’d bothered to give her a distinct personality. As it stands she’s just a boring character that happens to have a slightly interesting backstory.

I can only think of one other Cure in the franchise that might give her a run for her money but she’s way later down the line (and said Cure is not even that bad as far as personality goes, she just feels almost completely superfluous to that particular season’s plot)
Old June 7th, 2019, 11:26 AM #94
> AdamPark62
Mastodonth,Zeo Ranger IV

AdamPark62
Mastodonth,Zeo Ranger IV

GrumpyBookworm wrote: View Post

Should I be scared of this famous episode lol?.
The Behind the scenes problems are REALLY obvious, but i think they did their best with what they had and still managed to make something memorable.
Old June 7th, 2019, 11:37 AM #95
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Admittedly...that Bioman episode...when you get to it...is good. Considering the situation Toei had and everything that was going on, they still delivered a powerful episode; plus actually introduce early a crucial plot element that becomes immensely important down the line.
Old June 9th, 2019, 07:10 PM #96
> GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

Admittedly...that Bioman episode...when you get to it...is good. Considering the situation Toei had and everything that was going on, they still delivered a powerful episode; plus actually introduce early a crucial plot element that becomes immensely important down the line.
AdamPark62 wrote: View Post

The Behind the scenes problems are REALLY obvious, but i think they did their best with what they had and still managed to make something memorable.
Oh are we talking about Mika's death episode?

The only good thing about the cake episode...no not Heartiel #3...no more importantly: NATSUKO AND KYOKO RETURN! Yeah...they barely show up in Max Heart but I just love these two (and it isn't just because Natsuko's VA becomes Hibiki eventually) Their only other notable appearance is in the series' second half sadly; I really wish this season did more with the rest of the cast instead of just obsessing in Hikari and the Heartiels, stuff no one wants. (oh and yeah...most of the Heartiels do blend together...except two outside Seekun)

And yeah...Red 1 can talk to animals. I don't get it either.
See I always forget that Natsuko and Kyoko are a thing. They didn't register to me past that first episode with them. Glad to know I'm not the only one confusing the Heartiels.

-

Choudenshi Bioman Episode 4

Might be seeing more Sentai than Precure Reviews because that's what I'm enjoying most right now. Max Heart man....it's pace is like an elderly snail.

Love how the pigeon is like a top-tier spy for the Bioman when they are the worst birds ever

And so we’ve reached the standard Sentai plot of ‘villain is doing this plot and we need to stop it’, and for that type of plot it’s pretty good. Gear has decided to infiltrate important research laboratories in Japan and blow them up. How are they doing this you ask? Well, with robotic humans of course. Mason has been put in charge of constructing these. The plot of the episode itself is fairly standard. I guess you could call this a Green and Blue episode? The big reveal of the episode is that of Green and Blue’s own superpowers. Green has….enhanced eyesight….I think? They weren’t as clear with his as the were with Blue’s. Blue has enhanced hearing. Speaking of Blue, I swear he’s had like….maybe ten lines of dialogue at most. He seems the most like he’s just there to fill a suit. For a big plan to conquer Earth, I thought this plan was solid. It would’ve worked if Bioman hadn’t gotten involved, which I think speaks to their strength as a villain group thus far. And something that I find amusing is the roots of the typical tropes that Sentai does now with the two girls to a team trope. Like in this instance when the team splits up, of course the girls go together! I don’t recall very many instances of that happening in the first three episodes. They’ve fought together in combat, but this is the first time that particular trope has been used. A fairly standard filler episode. Though it has left me with the question of how the heck did Red get the ability to talk to animals while the other guys get actual useful powers for a team in combat?
Old June 10th, 2019, 04:29 AM #97
> AdamPark62
Mastodonth,Zeo Ranger IV

AdamPark62
Mastodonth,Zeo Ranger IV

Showa sentai usually have some kind of super vision and super hearing. Usually, it’s for the whole team, but this time it’s a personal power for Blue and Green. Outside of this, they also have various attacks. Most of them were seen in episode 1, but like in Dynaman, they have a lot of new attacks in stock for the rest of the show XD
Old June 10th, 2019, 04:54 AM #98
> Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Well on the bright side the sooner you slog your way through Max Heart the sooner you’ll be able to get to the actually good seasons (note: Splash Star is going to feel somewhat reminiscent of Futari at first but give it a chance).

Also while I have issues with Happiness Charge and Maho Girls (and to a somewhat lesser extent Yes 5), I will say that you’re pretty much through with the worst of it after this.

From this season onward you’ve also got movies to deal with (every season has at least two with the exception of Splash Star, Yes 5, and Yes 5 GoGo which only have one each), do you plan on covering those as well?

Last edited by Akiba Black; June 10th, 2019 at 04:54 AM.
Old June 10th, 2019, 07:06 AM #99
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

GrumpyBookworm wrote: View Post

See I always forget that Natsuko and Kyoko are a thing. They didn't register to me past that first episode with them. Glad to know I'm not the only one confusing the Heartiels.
Trust me: when I saw them as the costume designers in the Romeo and Juliet episode, it was just an amazing moment and great seeing them a few more times after this in Futari and in Max Heart. (honestly they should have their own show...but then again one does get Suite and the other...meh, why didn't Kyoko's VA ever get a more significant or Cure role? Then again the same can be said of Rina)

-

The only thing I remember of Bioman Ep. 4 is Green's awesome disguise when rooting out Monster. (heck I think both Green and Monster were stylish)
Old June 11th, 2019, 04:27 PM #100
> GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

Well on the bright side the sooner you slog your way through Max Heart the sooner you’ll be able to get to the actually good seasons (note: Splash Star is going to feel somewhat reminiscent of Futari at first but give it a chance).

Also while I have issues with Happiness Charge and Maho Girls (and to a somewhat lesser extent Yes 5), I will say that you’re pretty much through with the worst of it after this.

From this season onward you’ve also got movies to deal with (every season has at least two with the exception of Splash Star, Yes 5, and Yes 5 GoGo which only have one each), do you plan on covering those as well?
Like I've told you before, yes. I don't mean to be rude, but you've said this exact post to me many times. Again I'm not trying to be rude, but it's just something I've noticed.

Trust me: when I saw them as the costume designers in the Romeo and Juliet episode, it was just an amazing moment and great seeing them a few more times after this in Futari and in Max Heart. (honestly they should have their own show...but then again one does get Suite and the other...meh, why didn't Kyoko's VA ever get a more significant or Cure role? Then again the same can be said of Rina)

-

The only thing I remember of Bioman Ep. 4 is Green's awesome disguise when rooting out Monster. (heck I think both Green and Monster were stylish)
Clearly you didn't remember Ep 4 at all . But yes they did look very schnazzy.

-

Choudenshi Bioman Episode 5

So like where’s my fashion montage of Monster trying to look snazzy?

Aside from episode 2 and maybe Episode 3, Bioman hasn’t really had any character focused episodes in the way that you’d usually expect. This episode is definitely a Green Focus, and a pretty good one to boot. In a specific district, gold coins are seemingly falling from the sky from some reason and the Biomen are sent to investigate. Green discovers that it’s Monster’s plan and that a Mecha Giant is the one dropping the coins. The only problem is that in order to fight it, they need to obtain a special pair of glasses. Green’s plan is to try and be the best thug in town, but stops when a girl begs to him stop when a young child impersonates him. Monster takes him, Green gets the glasses, and you all know the drill. This was a pretty good episode, certainly showcased Green’s intelligence and knack for planning. Pink gets a new barrier attack, not sure if that’s her superhuman ability or not though. This episode was fine, nothing too great or bad about it. Though the Mecha battle was quite impressive with how they went about solving the problem that they can’t see. It’s watchable, but nothing spectacular.