Home Menu

Menu

Old May 18th, 2019, 12:52 AM #261
> zjranger
#SavingTennis1BallAtATime

zjranger
#SavingTennis1BallAtATime

OK, Sally's was probably that got me on the feels. They worked so long in Shortland Street, that you could really feel the genuine sadness she has for her friend's passing. It may have took a while for her to say her thoughts but it made sense as for the time she's grieving. The quote at the end really summarizes it all.
zjranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2019, 04:05 PM #262
> RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter

RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter

Hey mods, I wonder if we can get the lifeline added to the top post.
RitoRevolto is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2019, 04:15 PM #263
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay

Alitain wrote: View Post

You know the only NS ranger we haven't heard from is Jorgito Vargas, aka Blake. Unless I missed it.
Expanding it beyond Rangers, both of the Katrinas have Facebook pages, which must be run by a third party. They have identical messges commenting on Pua's passing, no personal memories.

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialKat...type=3&theater

Megan Nicol (Kelly) doesnrt appear to have any social media presence.
GoldAnyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2019, 05:31 PM #264
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

The Disney Brain over on youtube did a little tribute video of sorts by breaking down Shane's Karma. And of course talked some about Pua.

Alitain is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old May 19th, 2019, 02:05 PM #265
> Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous wrote: View Post

And as per New Zealand law, if it is ruled a suicide by the coroner, the results can't be publicly released.

There's multiple reasons why we might not find out what the cause of death is.

And there's no reason we need to. He passed away, that's all we need to know.
I think Sally effectively confirmed it was suicide in her tribute anyway. She said she hated his demons but loved his guts.
Digifiend is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2019, 05:05 PM #266
> monkeyjb1988
Power Ranger

monkeyjb1988
Power Ranger

CheckeredRanger wrote: View Post

Awesome tribute right there
Beautiful tribute. I don't care how successful a Ranger's career is, I'm always happy if a cast got along with each other. Here's at least 2.

The Disney Brain over on youtube did a little tribute video of sorts by breaking down Shane's Karma. And of course talked some about Pua.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fEgX7oy8jg
I saw this earlier. Nice video
monkeyjb1988 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2019, 05:54 PM #267
> RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter

RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter

Two things: We need to stop keeping a scorecard of oh so and so hasnít gone on Instagram. How they mourn and to the extent that mourning is done in public is their business.

Second, I think we need to stop dwelling on the cause of death and that it was likely a suicide. Thatís for a few reasons: One, New Zealand law says that everybody in New Zealand has to talk around describing a suicide as such. Second, itís a gossipy conversation that distracts from actually remembering the person we lost and embracing his friends and family and keeping them all in our thoughts. Third, many people here are *terrible* at talking about suicide.
RitoRevolto is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old May 19th, 2019, 10:29 PM #268
> Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Honestly, so what if someone doesn't posts about someone he was friends/co-workers or family with? People were giving crap at KJ Apa for not posting anything Luke Perry's passing. Like it's mandatory to do it. If he wants to keep it to himself, he effing can. But the reaction from people was so strong, he had to post something that probably didn't even wanted to just to make people happy.

Same thing applies here. Sally could've not said anything and she had a right not to. Same with Jorgito Vargas. It's sickening.
Dexter1998 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2019, 02:21 AM #269
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

GoldAnyRanger wrote: View Post

Expanding it beyond Rangers, both of the Katrinas have Facebook pages, which must be run by a third party. They have identical messges commenting on Pua's passing, no personal memories.

Megan Nicol (Kelly) doesnrt appear to have any social media presence.
Almost positive those are fan run accounts.

Which just makes it kinda creepy that they posted that in a first-person phrasing.

Dexter1998 wrote: View Post

Honestly, so what if someone doesn't posts about someone he was friends/co-workers or family with? People were giving crap at KJ Apa for not posting anything Luke Perry's passing. Like it's mandatory to do it. If he wants to keep it to himself, he effing can. But the reaction from people was so strong, he had to post something that probably didn't even wanted to just to make people happy.

Same thing applies here. Sally could've not said anything and she had a right not to. Same with Jorgito Vargas. It's sickening.
Not to mention, for some people, it was someone they haven't talked to in over a decade. They may genuinely not have a reaction to it, and it's not anyone's right to dictate that they HAVE to have a reaction.

For all we know some of those people haven't talked to Pua in the 16 years since Ninja Storm was filmed.

I graduated High School 12 years ago. When I was in high school, I had friends I thought I'd spend my entire life knowing back then. If I found out they died today, some of them I genuinely would have zero reaction, because I haven't thought about them in 12 years.

Not everyone thinks the same as other people, and I think that's one of the things people need to learn.

Last edited by AkaUnlovedFyntabulous; May 20th, 2019 at 02:27 AM.
AkaUnlovedFyntabulous is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2019, 03:56 PM #270
> vze21gwa
Power Ranger

vze21gwa
Power Ranger

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous wrote: View Post

Almost positive those are fan run accounts.

Which just makes it kinda creepy that they posted that in a first-person phrasing.

Not to mention, for some people, it was someone they haven't talked to in over a decade. They may genuinely not have a reaction to it, and it's not anyone's right to dictate that they HAVE to have a reaction.

For all we know some of those people haven't talked to Pua in the 16 years since Ninja Storm was filmed.

I graduated High School 12 years ago. When I was in high school, I had friends I thought I'd spend my entire life knowing back then. If I found out they died today, some of them I genuinely would have zero reaction, because I haven't thought about them in 12 years.

Not everyone thinks the same as other people, and I think that's one of the things people need to learn.
It has everything to do with human decency. A couple of years ago I found out a middle school friend of mine passed and started crying. Even though me and my other friend hadn't seen him in ages, the memories were still there. Yes, people have a right to mourn to themselves. Yet, at the same time they may come across as insensitive if they say nothing. There's also the flipside potential that someone may be posting acting like they care. It also happens. BTW, Is Jorgito Vargas Jr still on the net? He hasn't posted anything on his twitter in over a month. He might be on vacation or something.
vze21gwa is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2019, 07:35 PM #271
> seiya
Zyu2 aficionado

seiya
Zyu2 aficionado

Such a tragedy. No matter what the reason. Everyone is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind.
seiya is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2019, 09:17 PM #272
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

vze21gwa wrote: View Post

Yes, people have a right to mourn to themselves. Yet, at the same time they may come across as insensitive if they say nothing.
And every person judging someone for what isn't their business is being outright insensitive.

No one's emotions are ever to be expected.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2019, 09:59 PM #273
> maritroniuity
Dangerous Zombabe

maritroniuity
Dangerous Zombabe

No one has to give condolences to friends, family, and coworkers, and whoever out in public view. There is absolutely nothing wrong with telling family and friends in private or grieving in solitude.
maritroniuity is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2019, 09:24 PM #274
> dark ranger 86
I AM HERE

dark ranger 86
I AM HERE

vze21gwa wrote: View Post

It has everything to do with human decency.
No it doesn't. Hearing about a person's passing and not publicly acknowledging it on social media doesn't make a person not have any less human decency. They could've mourned in private, reached out to the family personally and offered condolences or not been that close to the person to begin with or just don't frequent social media a lot. We don't know so we shouldn't judge.

Yes, people have a right to mourn to themselves. Yet, at the same time they may come across as insensitive if they say nothing.
Not everyone has to make a spectacle of offering condolences. Like you said people can mourn to themselves and leave it at that.
dark ranger 86 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2019, 09:53 PM #275
> ⚡Dyl
Install Megaranger!

eBay
Dyl
Install Megaranger!

eBay

People need to stop using this thread as an outlet to complain, first it was ranger actors get decent jobs after the show, now it's people going back and forth debating about condolences. Not going to say it again this thread is only to be used to pay respects to Pua and the next person to start another debate will be getting an infraction.
Dyl is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2019, 08:29 AM #276
> SacredWater
Power Ranger

SacredWater
Power Ranger

He should be honored today along with other deceased PR veterans like Thuy Trang and Peta Rutter.
SacredWater is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2019, 12:37 PM #277
> smrtguy85
Power Ranger

smrtguy85
Power Ranger

SacredWater wrote: View Post

He should be honored today along with other deceased PR veterans like Thuy Trang and Peta Rutter.
Why today in particular? He'll always be remembered along with Thuy, Peta and all the other deceased PR alums by fans for the rest of franchise history. Just like other big franchises like Star Trek, Star Wars, and Harry Potter remember their passed cast. So what is it about today that makes it that they should particularlly honored today?
smrtguy85 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2019, 01:53 PM #278
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

smrtguy85 wrote: View Post

Why today in particular? He'll always be remembered along with Thuy, Peta and all the other deceased PR alums by fans for the rest of franchise history. Just like other big franchises like Star Trek, Star Wars, and Harry Potter remember their passed cast. So what is it about today that makes it that they should particularlly honored today?
My assumption is heís meaning cause itís Veteranís Day today. Which makes no sense whatsoever but thatís my only guess.
Alitain is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2019, 02:00 PM #279
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

My assumption is heís meaning cause itís Veteranís Day today.
Memorial Day, but who's counting?

SacredWater wrote: View Post

Memorial Day is in honor of military veterans specifically.

As was said, we have every day to honor those we care about, there's no need to encroach on a specific group of individuals getting their due.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2019, 02:01 PM #280
> Cuchulainn
century color

Cuchulainn
century color

Consolidating the deaths of actors and soldiers under the same day is disrespectful to both of them. Soldiers have a day dedicated to them for a reason and shoehorning actors under the same day as an after-thought is insulting to them. It also just makes zero sense. Weird thing to say.
Cuchulainn is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote