Home Menu

Menu

Old August 4th, 2019, 08:45 PM #1501
> Terror Rangers
Power Ranger

Terror Rangers
Power Ranger

Steve Blum did a kinda ok-ish Zedd in Super Legends. This guy isn't even a good "new interpretation of an old character".
Terror Rangers is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2019, 09:32 PM #1502
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

MegaZeo wrote: View Post

Why does he sound like Zordon?

omg the fanfics wer rite they r long lost brothers!!1!3!
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2019, 01:53 AM #1503
> MegaZeo
Shattered Plot

MegaZeo
Shattered Plot

Man, I'm purposely avoiding the video so I can be surprised with his move set once he's finally released, but based on the comments so far I'm starting to get scared concerning his voice...

Terror Rangers wrote: View Post

Steve Blum did a kinda ok-ish Zedd in Super Legends.
Even though I knew they wouldn't, I was kinda hoping they'd get Blum back to voice Zedd again.
MegaZeo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2019, 06:35 AM #1504
> megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay
megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay

his voice is fine. lord, zedd is still kickass in this trailer.
megagao is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2019, 09:06 AM #1505
> Red Dino Ranger
Defender of Earth

eBay
Red Dino Ranger
Defender of Earth

eBay

God...I am psyched to have Zedd in the game...but, man, that voice...
Red Dino Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2019, 06:23 PM #1506
> Windgrail
M.B.A.

Windgrail
M.B.A.

Voice or no, this is some of the most gorgeous PR gameplay we have ever been privileged to. Between this and a lot of the Legacy War animations, this is a dream come true.
Windgrail is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2019, 06:33 PM #1507
> Kyle16
Figuring it out

Kyle16
Figuring it out

The more I look at it the more I'm not liking how much the staff seems to change in size. Or at least the flashy effects make it appear that way.
Kyle16 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2019, 07:21 AM #1508
> Alien of Aquatar
Hydro Power!

Alien of Aquatar
Hydro Power!

They just announced on discord that Lord zedd, patch 1.4, and story mode act 3 are available now. But they also said the DLC is not live on the console DLC stores (Xbox live, psn, and e shop) yet. So it might be available later today.
Alien of Aquatar is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2019, 09:42 AM #1509
> thunderzordpower
Power Ranger

thunderzordpower
Power Ranger

Every now and then an update will remind me to have another go at story mode but no matter what I do, i cannot beat the first battle in act 12. Its ridiculous. No matter how many times you play it, it doesn't get any easier. Pink ranger is a terrible choice to face those mammoth soldiers. I don't think i will ever get past this level unless by some miracle they make it easier.

(EDIT) I don't know how but I just beat it after months. I tried pressing 2 buttons at once for attacks but that was my only difference in strategy.

Last edited by thunderzordpower; August 13th, 2019 at 09:59 AM.
thunderzordpower is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2019, 07:18 PM #1510
> Terror Rangers
Power Ranger

Terror Rangers
Power Ranger

thunderzordpower wrote: View Post

Every now and then an update will remind me to have another go at story mode but no matter what I do, i cannot beat the first battle in act 12. Its ridiculous. No matter how many times you play it, it doesn't get any easier. Pink ranger is a terrible choice to face those mammoth soldiers. I don't think i will ever get past this level unless by some miracle they make it easier.

(EDIT) I don't know how but I just beat it after months. I tried pressing 2 buttons at once for attacks but that was my only difference in strategy.
Story mode could stand to have a difficulty setting. Legit surprised the update didn't add one.
Terror Rangers is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2019, 10:03 PM #1511
> CheckeredRanger
4000 posts of nothing

CheckeredRanger
4000 posts of nothing

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon wrote: View Post

Why does he sound like Zordon?

omg the fanfics wer rite they r long lost brothers!!1!3!
Personally,I think he sounds like WWE wrestler Kane with a headcold
CheckeredRanger is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2019, 11:03 PM #1512
> MegaZeo
Shattered Plot

MegaZeo
Shattered Plot

1) Zedd is really fun to play as. He takes a while to get used to, but once you get the hang of him, he's great. His ultimate attack is pretty awesome. I might've preferred a Serpentera summon, but the one we have works too. More humiliating for the opponent, really. His voice isn't as bad as I'd been fearing, either. Sure, the new guy is no Axelrod, but there are a few times where he has his inflections and delivery down pretty well (he's even got the rhythm of Zedd's laugh down pretty well when the match starts). The only real complaint I have is the line "Prepare the palace for my return!" - It's not really a line appropriate for the middle of battle, and considering he says it for one of his main moves, the Putty assist, it quickly becomes annoying.

2) Zedd's dialogue with Drakkon at the end of Arcade Mode is great and I wish it was how Shattered Grid actually ended.

3) The heck is that new stage? I haven't played the new Story Mode stuff yet, but I encountered it during Zedd's Arcade Mode. I heard they were adding a new stage but I can't tell what it is at all - A burning forest with an Emerald City-esque tower in the background?

4) They added new pre-fight dialogue for Ranger Slayer. She no longer says the same chipper "Truly morphinomenal!" as Kimberly, and now says a monotone "Of course, my Lord. I will do all that is necessary," which is a nice touch. Though, oddly, they got rid of the "Truly morphinomenal!" for regular Kimberly too, who now says a rather ominous sounding "You know what they say. Too much pink power is dangerous." While the two Kims having different dialogue is appreciated, I don't know why they didn't just keep the "Truly morphinomenal!" for regular Kim. It helped differentiate the two better.
MegaZeo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2019, 11:56 PM #1513
> Red Dino Ranger
Defender of Earth

eBay
Red Dino Ranger
Defender of Earth

eBay

Pretty much what MegaZeo said.

I just tried out Zedd and he is quite fun to play as indeed. I would've liked for him to have a staff-thwirl ala "The Fighting Edition", but I still like his move set.
I too encountered the new stage during Zedd's arcade mode. Honestly, it looks a lot like the Cenozoic Earth stage...but has lava and an Emerald tower in the background.
I also noticed the new line for Ranger Slayer, though the removal of "Truly Morphenomenal" for Kim is disappointing.
Old August 14th, 2019, 03:25 AM #1514
> Alien of Aquatar
Hydro Power!

Alien of Aquatar
Hydro Power!

MegaZeo wrote: View Post

1) Zedd is really fun to play as. He takes a while to get used to, but once you get the hang of him, he's great. His ultimate attack is pretty awesome. I might've preferred a Serpentera summon, but the one we have works too. More humiliating for the opponent, really. His voice isn't as bad as I'd been fearing, either. Sure, the new guy is no Axelrod, but there are a few times where he has his inflections and delivery down pretty well (he's even got the rhythm of Zedd's laugh down pretty well when the match starts). The only real complaint I have is the line "Prepare the palace for my return!" - It's not really a line appropriate for the middle of battle, and considering he says it for one of his main moves, the Putty assist, it quickly becomes annoying.

2) Zedd's dialogue with Drakkon at the end of Arcade Mode is great and I wish it was how Shattered Grid actually ended.

3) The heck is that new stage? I haven't played the new Story Mode stuff yet, but I encountered it during Zedd's Arcade Mode. I heard they were adding a new stage but I can't tell what it is at all - A burning forest with an Emerald City-esque tower in the background?

4) They added new pre-fight dialogue for Ranger Slayer. She no longer says the same chipper "Truly morphinomenal!" as Kimberly, and now says a monotone "Of course, my Lord. I will do all that is necessary," which is a nice touch. Though, oddly, they got rid of the "Truly morphinomenal!" for regular Kimberly too, who now says a rather ominous sounding "You know what they say. Too much pink power is dangerous." While the two Kims having different dialogue is appreciated, I don't know why they didn't just keep the "Truly morphinomenal!" for regular Kim. It helped differentiate the two better.
The new stage is supposed to be Drakkon's tower from the shattered grid finale but for some reason it's in a lava forest instead of the moon like in the comics. They said on discord that it was a unfinished place holder stage and that the finished version will be better.
Alien of Aquatar is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2019, 01:04 PM #1515
> Red Dino Ranger
Defender of Earth

eBay
Red Dino Ranger
Defender of Earth

eBay

So I just beat the third act of the story mode...insanely repetitve and underwhelming, though it does have some nice artwork during cut-scenes. Also, a lot of the fighters' combos seem to have been altered. My playstyle hasn't changed, but I'm doing things with Goldar, Ranger Slayer and Kat (and I play Kat A LOT!) that I've never done before.
Old August 14th, 2019, 01:29 PM #1516
> ZenAku32
Power Ranger

ZenAku32
Power Ranger

I just bought this last week on PS4. I like it though it isn't without flaws but I shouldn't complain too much since it seems as if the game has come a long way since it was first released. The roster is pretty good with a nice mix of Rangers and villains though I wish there were more characters to choose from.

Lord Zedd is an absolute blast to play as. He is a powerful fighter with some great moves. The voice doesn't really bother me.

I echo what Red Dino Ranger said about the third act. It was completely repetitive and boring. There just wasn't enough villains to make it interesting. They couldn't have included at least one different Sentry to fight against? It was basically fight against Goldar and a Sentry or play as Goldar and a Sentry.

I do hope they continue to release new characters for the game. I'd like to see Zen-Aku (obviously) and the Titanium Ranger.
ZenAku32 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2019, 01:49 PM #1517
> mateo360
Morphin back into action

eBay
mateo360
Morphin back into action

eBay

ZenAku32 wrote: View Post

I echo what Red Dino Ranger said about the third act. It was completely repetitive and boring. There just wasn't enough villains to make it interesting. They couldn't have included at least one different Sentry to fight against? It was basically fight against Goldar and a Sentry or play as Goldar and a Sentry.
The flipping sides thing really bothered me in Act 3. All the fighting game I have played that I can recall will ether have you play through a story mode specific to a character you select or will have a chapter/act/whatever dedicated to being a specific character. The story mode here just changing your character nearly every other fight really breaks the flow. I understand not wanting to have fights you are suppose to fail but I would rather have it ether just be cutscene dialog or what they did in other fights where it just ends with no one winning and going into a cutscene.

EDIT: something I want to add since they added mid battle dialog for a couple of Act 3 battles: being stopped mid combo next to an AI opponent , having to get through the dialog, and then having to reorient my thumb away from the A button to get back to where I want for my combo is not something you should let slide. Free AI hits due to a non battle mechanic comes off as really unfair overall difficulty or not.

I missed the first dialog box in one of the fights cause it was so sudden and I was hitting A as part of a combo and it passed before I even had a chance to read it.

Last edited by mateo360; August 14th, 2019 at 01:59 PM.
mateo360 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2019, 03:28 PM #1518
> HurricaneRed
Father, and a fan

HurricaneRed
Father, and a fan

Just beat Act 3 of the story mode. I liked it. The only part of the story I disliked was chapter 12. It was frustrating.

They should add new achievements/trophies cause of the story mode, and the new characters for arcade mode. I wonder if anyone got the platinum trophy for this yet?
HurricaneRed is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2019, 04:34 PM #1519
> BlueSenshi
Eye Patch Lord

BlueSenshi
Eye Patch Lord

I kinda caved (although that sounds really bad lmao) and bought the game on the eshop. It doesnt look that bad and it plays pretty well. Although I do wish for existing rangers, we got more colour variations of their suits.
BlueSenshi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2019, 06:10 PM #1520
> Dead2009
Horror Movie Guru

Dead2009
Horror Movie Guru

mateo360 wrote: View Post

The flipping sides thing really bothered me in Act 3. All the fighting game I have played that I can recall will ether have you play through a story mode specific to a character you select or will have a chapter/act/whatever dedicated to being a specific character. The story mode here just changing your character nearly every other fight really breaks the flow. I understand not wanting to have fights you are suppose to fail but I would rather have it ether just be cutscene dialog or what they did in other fights where it just ends with no one winning and going into a cutscene.

EDIT: something I want to add since they added mid battle dialog for a couple of Act 3 battles: being stopped mid combo next to an AI opponent , having to get through the dialog, and then having to reorient my thumb away from the A button to get back to where I want for my combo is not something you should let slide. Free AI hits due to a non battle mechanic comes off as really unfair overall difficulty or not.

I missed the first dialog box in one of the fights cause it was so sudden and I was hitting A as part of a combo and it passed before I even had a chance to read it.
The flipping sides thing is throughout the entire story, just not act 3 (which I havent played but will soon)
Dead2009 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
hasbaro, holding block - the game, legacy, lionsgate, nway, wars