Home Menu

Menu

View Poll Results: Which should be the next chase figure?
MMPR Pink Ranger 188 48.21%
MMPR Pink Ranger
188 48.21%
PRZ Red Ranger 73 18.72%
PRZ Red Ranger
73 18.72%
PRTF Quantum Ranger 47 12.05%
PRTF Quantum Ranger
47 12.05%
PRNS Red Ranger 4 1.03%
PRNS Red Ranger
4 1.03%
PRDT Blue Ranger 3 0.77%
PRDT Blue Ranger
3 0.77%
PRSPD Omega Ranger 13 3.33%
PRSPD Omega Ranger
13 3.33%
PRMF Solaris Knight 62 15.90%
PRMF Solaris Knight
62 15.90%
Voters: 390. You may not vote on this poll

Closed

Old March 13th, 2009, 03:19 AM #341
> deathlycollector
Power Ranger

deathlycollector
Power Ranger

With RPM being the last americanized series BoA needs to simply make the MMPR Pink, PRZ Red, and PRMF Solaris Knight and then finish both the MMPR and PRZ teams while they are at it! Can't bandi see that they are tearing the fans apart? They actually have people getting upset with each other over this! LOL
Old March 13th, 2009, 03:46 AM #342
> Jhiaxus
Pain is power!

Jhiaxus
Pain is power!

deathlycollector wrote: View Post

With RPM being the last americanized series BoA needs to simply make the MMPR Pink, PRZ Red, and PRMF Solaris Knight and then finish both the MMPR and PRZ teams while they are at it! Can't bandi see that they are tearing the fans apart? They actually have people getting upset with each other over this! LOL
Goodness, there's an awful lot of new members joining up just so they can join in the chaos that is this and the last season denial thread.
Old March 13th, 2009, 05:33 AM #343
> ElusiveWookiee
Powered Up For More

ElusiveWookiee
Powered Up For More

Hardly. It is mobilizing the fanbase, and getting people excited about the toys. People who read ToyFare are now aware of the Super Legends, and may start collecting. This is good publicity.
Old March 13th, 2009, 06:54 AM #344
> NeoTK
xoxo Gossip Girl

NeoTK
xoxo Gossip Girl

Alright, I have a few minutes free in the lab so I'll finally weigh in on the discussion since I've been following it for a few days now. I'm extremely ecstatic that PR is getting more recognition in magazines such as Toyfare since I really think it shows Bandai has been made more aware of the collector's market for PR. With that said, the choices for MMPR Pink, Zeo Ranger V seemed obvious, Solaris Knight I think may have came up in brainstorming situations with Bandai's peeps because they realized again like fans of Mystic Force, hey, we never got a figure of him per se. BUT... if you look at the votes, yes I am THE lone vote for Dino Thunder Blue, why? Someone else said it very well earlier, it would be INCREDIBLY easy for me to customize a DT Blue into Red and Black but again the flip side of the coin is true as well. I could see someone easily customizing a MMPR Pink into Yellow. I guess what it came down to was preference for a more dinosaur based series since I am pretty much Abaranger's biggest fan in the states. (I DARE SOMEONE TO CONTEST THIS. GO AHEAD, TRY ME )

HOWEVER... I will say this, I just voted in the poll online for... *drumroll please*.............................MMPR PINK YES... I realized I just totally went back on my vote but feasibly I don't think a lot of people will vote for DT Blue and I'd rather have my vote count for something that may very well likely see production. So I chose Pink. I haven't followed PR in a while but I've seen enough comments where I know that the molds they are using for this year's SL figures are based off the RPM figures which pisses me off because the figures are not in scale with the old SL figures, correct me if I'm wrong on that.

BTW... if anyone has extra SL White Ranger figures, please email me at vjcheng@fas.harvard.edu. (My PM box is full as usual) I have only ever found the Gold Ranger and never a White Ranger and I still need it to finish my SL set. Thanks guys.

~Vince

P.S. strong cationic exchanges are the bane of my existence... NEVER go to med school kids... it's LIVING HELL

P.P.S. I agree with Jhiaxus on his thought, this following scenario would have been downright EVIL of Bandai... I'd have to go with Rita if this was the case.

Jhiaxus wrote: View Post

Ooh! You know what would have been awesomely devious of Bandai?

If they said they were only going to make ONE MORE Super Legends figure before ending the Power Rangers line forever and the seven choices were:

1. MMPR Red
2. MMPR Black
3. MMPR Blue
4. MMPR Yellow
5. MMPR Pink
6. Rita Repulsa
7. Goldar
Old March 13th, 2009, 09:23 AM #345
> deathlycollector
Power Ranger

deathlycollector
Power Ranger

Goodness, there's an awful lot of new members joining up just so they can join in the chaos that is this and the last season denial thread.
To be fair I've been reading for months now and joined a few days ago...I've been waiting for approval...but the main reason for joining was to hunt down a SL Green for a fair price since they seem to go nicely around here! LOL

Either way I like it here and I don't plan to be in the chaos of the last season denial thread...just an old fan of MMPR and wanted to get in on the MMPR Pink action!
Old March 13th, 2009, 10:01 AM #346
> Heroblob
Banned

Heroblob
Banned

NeoTK wrote: View Post

[SNIP] I am pretty much Abaranger's biggest fan in the states. (I DARE SOMEONE TO CONTEST THIS. GO AHEAD, TRY ME )

I contest it! I'm Abaranger's biggest fan in the States!!! Except I'm not in the states now, for school... so JUST YOU WAIT TILL SUMMER! Then I'll be the biggest fan in the US!!! Metaphorically.
Old March 13th, 2009, 11:22 AM #347
> NeoTK
xoxo Gossip Girl

NeoTK
xoxo Gossip Girl

kamenwriter555 wrote: View Post

I contest it! I'm Abaranger's biggest fan in the States!!! Except I'm not in the states now, for school... so JUST YOU WAIT TILL SUMMER! Then I'll be the biggest fan in the US!!! Metaphorically.
Then why did you vote for a SL Solaris Knight? As of right now, I apparently am the lone deciding vote for a SL Blue Dino Thunder.

~Vince
Old March 13th, 2009, 12:01 PM #348
> Grantsaunt
Galwit Mysto Prifior

Grantsaunt
Galwit Mysto Prifior

Impy wrote: View Post

You will be spared when the telekinetic holocaust comes.
Your threats don't scare me! Nope. Not one bit.

<.< solaris knight, ftw!>.>
Old March 13th, 2009, 12:06 PM #349
> Skiks
Power Ranger

Skiks
Power Ranger

Impy wrote: View Post

You will be spared when the telekinetic holocaust comes.
Is yours a squid too?
Old March 13th, 2009, 12:32 PM #350
> King Ranger
NOT the TV-N guy

eBay
King Ranger
NOT the TV-N guy

eBay

Tommy wrote: View Post

Post an RPM figure next to him for size comparison. They're quite small.
I'll see if I can borrow one since I'm not getting any RPM figures, just been getting the SL figures to customize and sell.
Old March 13th, 2009, 04:10 PM #351
> MegaBlue
Let's Rocket!

MegaBlue
Let's Rocket!

For those of you voting for MMPR Pink, bear in mind that she'd wind up with the body type of RPM Yellow. Yes, she'd have an actual skirt, but she'd be as thin as a toothpick. I know that the body size was an issue with some people when the figures first came out, so I doubt it would change much between RPM Yellow and MMPR Pink.
Old March 13th, 2009, 04:23 PM #352
> deathlycollector
Power Ranger

deathlycollector
Power Ranger

I just want an articulated modern (female) looking MMPR Pink ranger...the RPM body style is fine with me.
Old March 13th, 2009, 04:38 PM #353
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

MegaBlue wrote: View Post

I know that the body size was an issue with some people when the figures first came out...
Mostly because her waist was about as thick as the male Rangers' necks. Can we all say unhealthy body image?

Me, I just voted for Solaris Knight. So hah! I want a American scaled Solaris Knight, damn it, and I'm not gonna apologise for it.
Old March 13th, 2009, 04:42 PM #354
> Abaranger
Kuuga Twitter Form

Abaranger
Kuuga Twitter Form

^ Theres no need to xD

Just vote for whoever you want, regardless of what the majority is stating and wait for the results!
Old March 13th, 2009, 05:54 PM #355
> ChungieBoy
Go Galactic!

ChungieBoy
Go Galactic!

Ok, here are the candidates next to the SL Green and Gold, and RPM Yellow and Green. I have an automorphin Zeo Red but it's further in the closet so didn't want to pull it out. And I only have the Sound Patrol Omega.

This should give you an idea of which figs need an SL upgrade, and how they'll change in size. Poor Kimberly with her inaccurate morpher, chest and no skirt.. Vote Pink

Looking at the SL Green's shiny paint, I wonder if they'll give Pink the same treatment.

If you want bigger pics, lemme know.

P.S. - Vote Pink
Old March 13th, 2009, 06:45 PM #356
> MegaBlue
Let's Rocket!

MegaBlue
Let's Rocket!

Aw, you didn't use one of the 15 different Solaris Knight figures that we got to illustrate the dire need for an accurate Bandai America version. Need I remind you of OUR Solaris?

http://www.grnrngr.com/toys/pictures/25019.jpg
http://www.grnrngr.com/toys/pictures/25028.jpg
http://www.grnrngr.com/toys/pictures/25049.jpg
http://www.grnrngr.com/toys/pictures/25053.jpg
http://www.grnrngr.com/toys/pictures/25088.jpg
http://www.grnrngr.com/toys/pictures/91384.jpg

Case in point: We need our own Solaris Knight. It'd wind up like PRLG's Magna Defender, in terms of how the cape is handled - detachable, but one solid piece - so there wouldn't be any loss of articulation. While a new Pink Ranger would be nice, your pictures illustrate that, yes, she'd be as thin as a stick.

Besides, we had a real Omega Ranger figure... Two of them, in fact:

http://www.grnrngr.com/toys/pictures/20012.jpg
http://www.grnrngr.com/toys/pictures/90398.jpg
Old March 13th, 2009, 07:43 PM #357
> deathlycollector
Power Ranger

deathlycollector
Power Ranger

Thanks Chungieboy...I 'stole' your pic to do a photoshop job on the RPM yellow to produce a (not so good) version of the MMPR Pink and Yellow next to the SL Green....I think it will work the height is good and the boy style of the RPM Yellow works for the MMPR girls.

Here is a pic
Old March 13th, 2009, 07:49 PM #358
> Jhiaxus
Pain is power!

Jhiaxus
Pain is power!

Thanks Chungieboy...I 'stole' your pic to do a photoshop job on the RPM yellow to produce a (not so good) version of the MMPR Pink and Yellow next to the SL Green....I think it will work the height is good and the boy style of the RPM Yellow works for the MMPR girls.

Here is a pic
Wow. That's...short. If THAT'S what we'd be getting, I'd prefer another male character.

P.S. - Yellow shouldn't have a skirt.
Old March 13th, 2009, 07:56 PM #359
> deathlycollector
Power Ranger

deathlycollector
Power Ranger

I know she shouldn't have a skirt but I threw it together in about 15 mins...so I didn't mind much. Just wanted to see a comparison with a 'look' of what the character would look like. You have to think that realistically Kimberly was like a good foot shorter than Tommy...so it would make them slightly more size accurate.
Old March 13th, 2009, 08:00 PM #360
> ChungieBoy
Go Galactic!

ChungieBoy
Go Galactic!

[/IMG]
Not bad at all DC. I think the size is fine. But Trini didn't have a skirt though.

MegaBlue wrote: View Post

Aw, you didn't use one of the 15 different Solaris Knight figures that we got to illustrate the dire need for an accurate Bandai America version. Need I remind you of OUR Solaris?

Case in point: We need our own Solaris Knight. It'd wind up like PRLG's Magna Defender, in terms of how the cape is handled - detachable, but one solid piece - so there wouldn't be any loss of articulation. While a new Pink Ranger would be nice, your pictures illustrate that, yes, she'd be as thin as a stick.

Besides, we had a real Omega Ranger figure... Two of them, in fact:
Someone sounds grumpy. If you read the top, someone wanted a pic of Magishine next to the RPM figures.. hence my lineup

What's your point about Omega? I did mention having only the Sound Patrol version.

And I don't get this hostility between choosing MMPR Pink or Solaris. The SL figs come in pairs, so there's a good chance that both will get released.

Wow. That's...short. If THAT'S what we'd be getting, I'd prefer another male character.
Is that show accurate or what? Kimberly was a lot shorter than Tommy.
Closed