Home Menu

Menu

Old February 11th, 2019, 02:41 AM #5601
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

Champ wrote: View Post

Dogranio will definitely be back for angry revenge, hopefully, the Returns movie. Somehow, I'm kind of disappointed that they would willing to work together instead of both being opposed. To be honest, I was expecting to see them being friends but I guess I was wrong. The finale was great and a beautifully well done with fighting choreography.

So apparently, it is not over yet. The VS team up is coming up for sure and two possibly movies? (Is that right?)

This show was pretty much fun. Perfect? Nah. Best Sentai ever? Brilliant? Fantastic? Nah. I would say it was good. I liked the idea of having two themes, Police and thieves, unfortunately this show missed so much opportunity which I was kind of bummed with. Would I rewatch it? Sure, I would when I feel like to.

So, see you soon, Lupinranger and Patranger.
Dongranio really show is power during the Final Arc, much a diferent level from Destra and Gouche, consider keep him aline make him more angry and for sore he is going to becames stronger and stronger, or we going to see him back in a VS Movie,Returns because well I liked to see Don Armage posses Dongranio will be make him much powerfull a new level.

LuPat really miss much opportunitys with this dynamic for the Sentai, because Toei/Bandai was try something New, well since Post-Gokaiger Sentais they had been making experiments always for make changes for the Super Sentais, and I agreed with you, I even go to re-watched the LuPat...with the VS Movie comming between Kyuranger I want to see they way is going to be.
Akumaru is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 02:58 AM #5602
> gantarat
Power Ranger

gantarat
Power Ranger

Toei: Steal is right Justice is bad,kid.
gantarat is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old February 11th, 2019, 03:04 AM #5603
> screamqueen
Power Ranger

screamqueen
Power Ranger

I don't think there's going to be a Returns. Kyuranger didn't have one, and it's already announced that LuPat's V-Cinema is going to be the Vs Kyuranger - which, according to the promo material takes place during the main story before the Lupinrangers' identities were revealed. Unless a separate Returns movie is announced later in the year (which seems less likely given that LuPat hasn't done too well) we probably won't see these characters after the events of the show unless they come back for a Returns with Ryuusoulger
screamqueen is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 03:08 AM #5604
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

screamqueen wrote: View Post

I don't think there's going to be a Returns. Kyuranger didn't have one, and it's already announced that LuPat's V-Cinema is going to be the Vs Kyuranger - which, according to the promo material takes place during the main story before the Lupinrangers' identities were revealed. Unless a separate Returns movie is announced later in the year (which seems less likely given that LuPat hasn't done too well) we probably won't see these characters after the events of the show unless they come back for a Returns with Ryusoulger
I'm pretty sure LVP Vs Kyuranger is actually a V-Cinext release, not a V-Cinema.
AdrenalineRush is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 03:24 AM #5605
> screamqueen
Power Ranger

screamqueen
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush wrote: View Post

I'm pretty sure LVP Vs Kyuranger is actually a V-Cinext release, not a V-Cinema.
That's Toei's brand name for it, but it's the same thing, right? As I understood it all "V-Cinext" really means is that it gets a limited run theatrical release before the DVD/Blu-Ray (which they'd already done with the Ex-Aid trilogy before the V-Cinext name was announced)
Old February 11th, 2019, 04:50 AM #5606
> Fyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

Fyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

That's Toei's brand name for it, but it's the same thing, right? As I understood it all "V-Cinext" really means is that it gets a limited run theatrical release before the DVD/Blu-Ray (which they'd already done with the Ex-Aid trilogy before the V-Cinext name was announced)
Naw, one gets a full theatrical run, advertising, etc. One gets limited release in theaters. Limited Release in theaters usually means not every theater will have it, and it only is in those theaters for a couple weeks. Theaters will actually have to WANT it to get it, whereas for full theatrical runs, the theaters are already in a contract with a studio and they get it regardless of if they want it or not.

V-Cinema is just Direct to DVD.

V-Cinext is just Direct to DVD with limited Theater Release.

They may stop making full theatrical releases for Sentai, if the rumors of possible hiatuses are true. The movie for Ryusoulger will likely be a V-Cinext.
Fyntabulous is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 06:02 AM #5607
> screamqueen
Power Ranger

screamqueen
Power Ranger

Fyntabulous wrote: View Post

Naw, one gets a full theatrical run, advertising, etc. One gets limited release in theaters. Limited Release in theaters usually means not every theater will have it, and it only is in those theaters for a couple weeks. Theaters will actually have to WANT it to get it, whereas for full theatrical runs, the theaters are already in a contract with a studio and they get it regardless of if they want it or not.

V-Cinema is just Direct to DVD.

V-Cinext is just Direct to DVD with limited Theater Release.

They may stop making full theatrical releases for Sentai, if the rumors of possible hiatuses are true. The movie for Ryusoulger will likely be a V-Cinext.
I would think it'll get a summer movie with Kamen Rider as usual. Those are only about the length of a TV episode and Toei seems to be doing everything they can to give Ryuusoulger a chance to succeed. But unless it gets a team-up with LuPat, we probably won't be seeing any more of the Lupinrangers / Patrangers after the events of the show
Old February 11th, 2019, 06:06 AM #5608
> tremor3258
Power Ranger

tremor3258
Power Ranger

I am a little behind. Did it ever explain why the safes are different? We got how the safes are different. Is there some law abiding Gangler accountant with like Status Double Gold back in their dimension?
tremor3258 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 06:56 AM #5609
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

But unless it gets a team-up with LuPat, we probably won't be seeing any more of the Lupinrangers / Patrangers after the events of the show
Eh, I doubt we won't be seeing any more of the LVP teams after the show. All the teasing in the end hints that there are things that needs to be resolved in a future film.
AdrenalineRush is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 07:13 AM #5610
> Shirubaa
Mr. Silver

32 eBay
Shirubaa
Mr. Silver

32 eBay

For those waiting with bated breath for my review for the finale...

That was a near flawless finale for a decent at best series. There's nothing I can think of that I disliked at all from this episode.
Shirubaa is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old February 11th, 2019, 07:54 AM #5611
> gantarat
Power Ranger

gantarat
Power Ranger

tremor3258 wrote: View Post

I am a little behind. Did it ever explain why the safes are different? We got how the safes are different. Is there some law abiding Gangler accountant with like Status Double Gold back in their dimension?
So far Only Noel Know.

About The Final Episode.
Honestly,While lupins loved ones become a thief is a great twist but i don't like that.

i don't understand why noel are okay with that ? look like he didn't learn anything from Crucified episode.

I can see Keiichiro punch him so hard when he learn about this.
gantarat is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 08:39 AM #5612
> Trannamphuong
Power Ranger

Trannamphuong
Power Ranger

Just watched the finale.

To best honest, the non-conclusion ending is quite disappointing to me. Maybe it would work for a stand alone movie, but after spending an entire year to be emotionally attached to the characters, it is unsatisfied to see they continue to fight each other non-stop, instead of settling down and live a normal life, like most Sentai finales did. I wish we could see more of Commander Hilltop's private life. Patranger's supporting characters were barely touched.
Trannamphuong is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 09:47 AM #5613
> Aaron Hong
No pity for fools

Aaron Hong
No pity for fools

To be honest, when they finally got Dogranio with draining his safe, I was fully expecting one last use of Patren Ugo just to blow his head off and keep the body intact or something. Actually chaining him up for over a year like that somehow seems more cold blooded, really.
Also I thought the whole thing with the chains was Dogranio's default ability, which all Ganglers are supposed to have. Would make a neat twist if they used it against him and kept unreeling the chains to imprison him like we see at the end, since he said even he can't undo the chains on the safe.
Aaron Hong is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 10:39 AM #5614
> Maxell
Power Ranger

Maxell
Power Ranger

I loved LuPat and the finale was very entertaining, but I do agree that it was unsatisfying. I'm left with the feeling of wanting to see more, not because of biased love, but because it left me with too many unanswered questions.
Maxell is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 12:28 PM #5615
> Galaxy
Power Ranger

Galaxy
Power Ranger

The end of the episode was a bit unsatisfying, but overall it was a few good ending to a good show. Lupinranger vs Patranger was far from flawless, but overall I enjoyed the show and the characters. It had too much filler, and the villains were not particularly interesting, but the main characters were good to great, the premise was good and there were some stand out episodes. Overall, I enjoyed the show a lot. Its also only the second sentai I've watched weekly as it aired (the first being Gokaiger).

Ranking it with the other sentai I've seen every episode of, I'd probably go:

1. Gokaiger
2. Liveman
3. ToQger
4. Thief Sentai Lupinranger VS Police Sentai Patranger

But being "last" isn't bad in this case, because its just the lowest on a list of good to amazing shows.
Galaxy is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 03:37 PM #5616
> Orion
Power Ranger

Orion
Power Ranger

How do you guys rank it in comparison to the ones this decade? I would highly likely watch it again but not before... Gokaiger, ToQger, Zyuohger and Kyuranger.
Orion is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 04:33 PM #5617
> AnAlpha
Power Ranger

32 eBay
AnAlpha
Power Ranger

32 eBay

It def had its moments, but had issues as well. I'd watch it before Kyuranger and Ninninger for sure.
AnAlpha is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 04:38 PM #5618
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Best to worst

Gokaiger
Zyouhger- it was decent
Kyuranger- some episodes bored me out of my mind. Particularly the rpg episode and baseball one

Toqger
Gold Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 04:53 PM #5619
> The No More Hero
Power Ranger

The No More Hero
Power Ranger

LuPat is basically Zyouhger 2.0- Good characters, underdeveloped villians, and horrible pacing that causes the story to be lopsided. And it weirdly hits a lot of the same beats in their respective stories. Though they do each have their differentiating strong points- LuPat has more interesting pair to pair character dynamics while Zyuoh has a stronger middle since it actually has a midseason villian to shake things up.

Kyuranger- I dropped after 5 episodes because of "YOSSHA LUUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKYYYYY!!!!!!!!" but apparently he gets better after 11 episodes... But still no thanks.

No opinion on Toqger.

With all that said, just watch Gokaiger the best of all the choices provided (including LuPat).
The No More Hero is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 04:57 PM #5620
> maslego
Idea Ranger

maslego
Idea Ranger

Pros:
Incredible concept, two teams working against each other yet with a common foe

Amazing choreography and camera work

Characters had motivation (revive lost loved ones vs protect the peace)

Reds didn’t steal the show

Cons:
Within the first few episodes it quickly became the Lupinrangers guest staring the Patrangers.

Had some…questionable episodes (the gender swap one comes to mind)

They really could have had the teams unite much earlier and shake up the status quo
maslego is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
wheresmylionzord