Home Menu

Menu

Old February 7th, 2019, 08:25 AM #721
> Activator
Power Ranger

Activator
Power Ranger

cleanuphtr15 wrote: View Post

So back to talking about the Lightning Collection.

I was in Target the other day and I took a look at some of the Transformers toys (I believe the line is the Cinematic Collection or something similar) and I wasn't overly impressed. I mean, they were solid toys but the paint apps were a little disappointing and just looking at them, I couldn't really envision myself buying the PR equivalent of those toys. Is this the line that would be compared to a theoretical Lightning line megazord, or does Hasbro have a higher collector's grade that includes nicer items?
Nah. The studio series and the cybverse line are 2 examples of what we definitely won't get if the "Lightning Collection" is meant for the "higher end" of stuff. I mean, we could be wrong, but I think the Seige line is moreso what they'd aim for, or who knows, maybe something more Masterpiece like, if this line is supposed to be Legacy, but better.

andr0s81 wrote: View Post

That said, I doubt we're going to be seeing zords of figures along those lines, so they probably aren't the best way to judge the future offerings of the lightning collection.
I don't think we'd see them like this at first, but there definitely has to be someone looking at the department where they make transforming robots that can actually pose...

Cuchulainn wrote: View Post

You'd have to really try to make Marvel Legends or Black Series figures snap. They're made of a somewhat soft plastic. You're more likely to have a figure's limb bend awkwardly than break, and that can be remedied.
Oh, I hope they don't pose the lightning collection figures in stupid poses and make all the joints bend and curve. :/
Activator is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2019, 08:45 AM #722
> ⚡Taichi
Hero or Zero....

32 eBay
Taichi
Hero or Zero....

32 eBay

Hasbro has slightly gotten away from the poses in boxes, and have just gone with more static ones. There's still some that are posed, but they're minimal, like their arms bent or whatever, but nothing too drastic.

However, I'll say this, I rarely had to fix Marvel Legends. The only ones that have a horrible time are the Spider-Man ones as they tend to package him posed. I had to fix damn near every single Legacy figure because every male figure was bowlegged.
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old February 11th, 2019, 05:30 AM #723
> MK19
Power Ranger

MK19
Power Ranger

Looking forward to the Lightning Line. Will be picking up White Ranger if I find it. Maybe Zedd and Shadow Ranger if I still have the space and budget...
MK19 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 05:40 AM #724
> MegaBlue
Let's Rocket!

MegaBlue
Let's Rocket!

There are a few obvious choices for Lightning Collection figures that I'd pick up for nostalgia purposes, but I'm not going to go nuts and get all of them. As it is, I only got the Legacy 17Movie Rangers because they were, like, 70% off at Toys R Us and were, therefore, worth it. I'm not too keen on getting the White Ranger because I have no real collection/display purpose to do so: I have the old 5.5" 'chase' figures from the Jungle Fury days of Green and White surrounding my Legacy Green/White Morpher, so I'm content there. I have the old Legacy Green Ranger with my Black/Gold Dragonzord and my '97-issue Dragon Dagger, so that's set.

That said... a Lightning Collection Ninja Steel Yellow Ranger would be perfect. I'm just saying...
MegaBlue is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 08:28 AM #725
> The Real Torhu
Smug Life yo!

The Real Torhu
Smug Life yo!

I was in Target the other day and I took a look at some of the Transformers toys (I believe the line is the Cinematic Collection or something similar) and I wasn't overly impressed. I mean, they were solid toys but the paint apps were a little disappointing and just looking at them, I couldn't really envision myself buying the PR equivalent of those toys. Is this the line that would be compared to a theoretical Lightning line megazord, or does Hasbro have a higher collector's grade that includes nicer items?
I wouldn't use Transformers as a 1:1 comparison of what to expect from a Hasbro Power Rangers line.

First off, Hasbro isn't going to add articulation to the "Deluxe" Megazords. Looking at the few pics of we've gotten...it falls in line with what I'd expect. The same transformation/combination scheme, but with parts being hollowed out a bit to reduce production costs and make it more viable in the US market.

Hasbro does have a high-end Transformers line, but then you're talking about Masterpiece figures. Those are *not* cheap and don't really have a regular retail outlet now that TRU is closed in the states. At when it comes to that, it's more likely they'd just import the Soul of Chogokin mech rather than develop anything of their own.
The Real Torhu is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 09:15 AM #726
> cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

MegaBlue wrote: View Post

There are a few obvious choices for Lightning Collection figures that I'd pick up for nostalgia purposes, but I'm not going to go nuts and get all of them.
Yea... I made the mistake of getting all of the legacy figures and now I'm kind of sitting here wondering why. The figures aren't even that nice, I don't even like Ninja Storm and I don't have the shelf space for them all. Oh well.

I think going forward I'm going to treat the Lightning line as MMPR + the best of. By that I mean I'm going to get all of the MMPR figures (I know, I know) and fill in the blanks with other rangers that I enjoy. From wave one its looking like it will be MMPR White and Pink, Zedd and Magna Defender. Maybe someone else could slip through the cracks but those are my "musts".

The Real Torhu wrote: View Post

I wouldn't use Transformers as a 1:1 comparison of what to expect from a Hasbro Power Rangers line.

First off, Hasbro isn't going to add articulation to the "Deluxe" Megazords. Looking at the few pics of we've gotten...it falls in line with what I'd expect. The same transformation/combination scheme, but with parts being hollowed out a bit to reduce production costs and make it more viable in the US market.

Hasbro does have a high-end Transformers line, but then you're talking about Masterpiece figures. Those are *not* cheap and don't really have a regular retail outlet now that TRU is closed in the states. At when it comes to that, it's more likely they'd just import the Soul of Chogokin mech rather than develop anything of their own.
I'd be very interested in watching Hasbro take a crack at a higher end line. Looking at the masterpiece line, that seems in line with what I would be hoping for.

Really, without Toys R Us I would think online retail would make the most sense for a high end line. Amazon, BBTS/EE, or even some sort of direct-from-Hasbro ordering service. Having a $200 toy sit on the shelf at Walmart doesn't make a ton of sense.

Last edited by cleanuphtr15; February 11th, 2019 at 09:15 AM.
cleanuphtr15 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 11:32 AM #727
> MK19
Power Ranger

MK19
Power Ranger

I don't even like Ninja Storm and I don't have the shelf space for them all. Oh well.
I love the Ninja Storm suits. For the design alone I think they are worthwhile figures
MK19 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 11:52 AM #728
> Kamen Rider Spade
Power Ranger

Kamen Rider Spade
Power Ranger

I still wonder is Lighting Collection will be the catchall for for everything or will the have a "transformers Masterpiece" like line for the Zord that will be super high end.
Kamen Rider Spade is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 12:25 PM #729
> cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

MK19 wrote: View Post

I love the Ninja Storm suits. For the design alone I think they are worthwhile figures
Yea, I don't have anything against the suit design. For me, owning figures is about nostalgia and how they make me feel. The Ninja storm figs don't do much for me on that basis.
cleanuphtr15 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 10:27 PM #730
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

Mmpr pink’s release will let us know hasbro’s game for multiple actors under one ranger. Will they put a Kat head in the same package? Or would Kat get a seperate release? Would they even make Kat at all? Same goes for Rocky, Adam, Aisha, Karone, The Turbo 2 team, etc.
mmprfan09 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 10:46 PM #731
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Hideya❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Hideya❤️💕

mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

Mmpr pink’s release will let us know hasbro’s game for multiple actors under one ranger. Will they put a Kat head in the same package? Or would Kat get a seperate release? Would they even make Kat at all? Same goes for Rocky, Adam, Aisha, Karone, The Turbo 2 team, etc.
Frankly a set of special addition "Alternative" may be something they'd reserve for their online store so they can make smaller quantities.
Xenotome is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old February 11th, 2019, 10:54 PM #732
> rocky505
Writer of PRLW

rocky505
Writer of PRLW

Just take a Kat alt head from Zeo/Turbo Pink and put it on MMPR Pink if you want to have Kat as MMPR Pink. It's not hard as long as they release them.
rocky505 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2019, 12:33 AM #733
> BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

If I had to guess, I'd figure they'd release the figure with the head of the first actor to play the role. If someone wanted the unmasked head of a replacement Ranger, they'd have to get if from that Ranger's subsequent figure, should they make one (ie they'd need to get a Kat head from Zeo Ranger I if they wanted MMPR Pink as Kat, or they'd have to get a Cassie head from In Space Pink if they wanted a Turbo Pink as Cassie).

The only Ranger I can see that being a real problem with would be Lost Galaxy Pink, since Karone was never any other Ranger. Even if they make an Astronema figure, it's unlikely that head would resemble Karone's appearance in Lost Galaxy.
BigMDtheSequel is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2019, 03:39 AM #734
> Utomowatch
Power Ranger

Utomowatch
Power Ranger

hmm well i think they should aimed for Siege rather than SOC if they want to release posable megazord line, also, i hop it's minipla sized or close to voyager sized
Utomowatch is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2019, 07:35 AM #735
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

rocky505 wrote: View Post

Just take a Kat alt head from Zeo/Turbo Pink and put it on MMPR Pink if you want to have Kat as MMPR Pink. It's not hard as long as they release them.
BigMDtheSequel wrote: View Post

If I had to guess, I'd figure they'd release the figure with the head of the first actor to play the role. If someone wanted the unmasked head of a replacement Ranger, they'd have to get if from that Ranger's subsequent figure, should they make one (ie they'd need to get a Kat head from Zeo Ranger I if they wanted MMPR Pink as Kat, or they'd have to get a Cassie head from In Space Pink if they wanted a Turbo Pink as Cassie).

The only Ranger I can see that being a real problem with would be Lost Galaxy Pink, since Karone was never any other Ranger. Even if they make an Astronema figure, it's unlikely that head would resemble Karone's appearance in Lost Galaxy.
Yeah that could work too, only issue would be Karone and Aisha, because an astronema head on galaxy pink isnt “show accurate” (besides legendary battle which never made sense to me) and Aisha never made it to Zeo.
Old February 12th, 2019, 08:19 AM #736
> Activator
Power Ranger

Activator
Power Ranger

So, I know we saw the Mercy from Hasbro's Overwatch line a while back, but they just posted their silhouette of Tracer on instagram...just another thing to look at when wondering what the female rangers will look at in this line in terms of articulation that they can pack into the mold while making it still look realistic. (As good as the Yellow Beast Morpher we saw is, he Lightning Collection ladies could get caught with some nonsense body choices)
Activator is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2019, 08:57 AM #737
> Red Rock
Power Ranger

Red Rock
Power Ranger

I'd say forget ranger figures for a while and make some of those interactive hallmark dioramas.

EXCLUSIVE ONLY AT HALLMARK...
Item No.452 Boy at train station with roboknight.
Press the button to hear the boy ask,
"Excuse me, are you a policeman?"
This highly detailed diorama comes fully painted with a realistic looking mini train station.

Don't forget
Item No.386 Troy tells a joke
Press button to see Troy's eyebrows wiggle.
You'll laugh for hours on end.

Seriously though, I'm looking forward to seeing what Hasbro make. I mean actual stuff on the toyshop shelves to sell, not just the prototypes they make.

Last edited by Red Rock; February 12th, 2019 at 09:02 AM.
Red Rock is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2019, 10:13 AM #738
> project314
Countdown... it's here

project314
Countdown... it's here

It could actually be worthwhile to include both Kim and Kat's heads with MMPR pink. That could lead to more sales, as there will be people getting an extra just to pose them side by side.

Speaking of extras, who's thinking of getting more than one of each figure to have a helmeted version and an unhelmeted version on display at the same time?
project314 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2019, 10:29 AM #739
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

^^ Especially with the exploding comic con scene. For example People as a whole love turbo 2 more than turbo 1, It would be weird to have Sewlyn Ward sign a lignting collection turbo red package if it doesnt even have his head and only Jdf’s..
Old February 12th, 2019, 10:55 AM #740
> AkaBunnyUnicorn
Crazy Alien Bunny Thing

AkaBunnyUnicorn
Crazy Alien Bunny Thing

project314 wrote: View Post

Speaking of extras, who's thinking of getting more than one of each figure to have a helmeted version and an unhelmeted version on display at the same time?
I'll admit there are a few I'll probably pick up an extra figure. I've got a couple of display ideas I would like to set up that would require a duplicate, but I'm not 100% set on getting any extras just yet.
AkaBunnyUnicorn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
super epic legacy legends