73 29.80%
Votes: 245. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 9th, 2019, 05:30 PM #141
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

AkaGreen wrote: View Post

Last year they would've talked about how cool the weapon was for five minutes before using it.
That is an excellent point.

SirStack wrote: View Post

Devon, stop looking at the dog, you'll be fine. Zoey, eat some carrots, you'll be fine. Ravi... TRY NOT TO OVERHEAT. Took three writers to come up with those resolutions. That's Power Rangers, for you.
Yeah, that's how I felt about it too. I think, the writers took one look at some of the goofier elements of the GoBusters footage, and instead of writing around it, decided to incorporate it.

I don't think that was the best decision to make, I have to be honest.

Fun fact from Google.

Search Results, Featured snippet from the web wrote:
Rabbits don't naturally eat root vegetables/fruit. Carrots/fruit are high in sugar and should only be fed in small amounts as occasional treats. Rabbits need mainly hay and/or grass, some leafy greens and a small, measured amount of pellets.
Uh, the kids at home might need that information before they pick up unhealthy pet-care habits that they learned on Power Rangers!

MerCurryMeme wrote: View Post

Because, like, it feels like they need to dull out everything to past the time...and then realize, "SHIT COMMERCIAL BREAK" and speed up some segments or parts, and overall you're left with this strange time flow where everything's slow, BUT over with at the same time.
OMG dude!

I found exactly the same thing.

The episode was just dragging, to me, then I looked down to the bottom of the screen and I was 11 minutes through it.

It's just so weird.

Last edited by Peter; March 9th, 2019 at 05:44 PM.
Peter is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 05:44 PM #142
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

Thoughts on the episode:

1. Ben and Betty are still in my top 3 comedic duos. I still prefer Devon and Cassidy and Marah and Kapri though.
2. So what, are they just going to ban all billboards and signs with dogs on them in the city? What about lost dog signs?
3. ...why did they bother making a new helmet for the Cheetah Gun finisher? It wasn't even a nice looking helmet edit?

-----
EDIT: Because apparently my memory can mix up Hyenas and Coyotes.

laterdayz13 wrote: View Post

Omg their weaknesses are so ridiculous 😂😂😂 I take it itís from the Sentai?
Sort of. The parents of the sentai team injected them with a vaccine as kids which gave them the weaknesses, but also made them the only ones able to fight the bad guys as adults. They changed some of it though, Red's weakness triggered if he panicked or if he saw a chicken (due to a phobia of his from a childhood assault from a chicken), and yellow's happened if her blood sugar went too low. (so she carried candy with her)

So Beast Morphers changed it to dogs (cause chickens are harder to explain in America) and Carrots for Yellow, cause Nickelodeon pushes healthy eating habits and you know, Rabbit DNA. Blue's is the same though, pushing himself too far.

-----------------------------------

EDIT: Also, I can see it now: Ninja Steel Team Up: Haley summons her zord and Devon just freezes up the entire time.

Last edited by AkaUnlovedFyntabulous; March 9th, 2019 at 06:11 PM.
AkaUnlovedFyntabulous is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 06:01 PM #143
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Hayate❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Hayate❤️💕

The one thing I didn't like about the episode... they totally downplayed the footage of Blue beating the shit out of the monster and I wish they didn't. Like the level of tension to Ryuuji's overheating and breaking the Monster's hands and then shooting at him while he begged for mercy until Ryuuji threw him up into the air and made him land on his sword... and that's before he even turned on Yoko.

The level of drama in the scene was sorely missed...
Xenotome is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 06:02 PM #144
> Mr. Underachiever
Thenubucanplaywithoutside

Mr. Underachiever
Thenubucanplaywithoutside

Considering they mentioned the weaknesses were a side effect of the rangers being exposed to the Evox virus I wonder if they'll find some way to solve the problem.
Mr. Underachiever is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 06:03 PM #145
> BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

I may be mistaken but last time I checked, Hyenas are not part of the dog family.

And besides, this isn't Go-Busters. In Go-Busters, there was a childhood backstory for why Hiromu was afraid of chickens, thus him freezing up when he saw a chicken. Nate and the Commander don't know Devon's childhood. They wouldn't have the information to suddenly see something like "OH, he had a dog assault him when he was a kid, THAT'S WHY HE'S AFRAID," so this still makes more sense.
Not that I want this to be a beat for beat copy of Go-Busters but if they did want to go that route, the commander and Nate not being able to explain it wouldn't stop it from making sense.

- Devon freezes up when he sees a dog.
- He then explains to them later that he's always been afraid of dogs.
- The commander and Nate make up some techno-sciency bullshit to explain the cheetah DNA tensing up when it senses fear or danger (the same way they made up its fear of dogs)

And bam! You got an explanation that makes sense as well as some character building for Devon. Two birds, one stone.

Last edited by BlueMystechRanger; March 9th, 2019 at 06:12 PM.
BlueMystechRanger is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 06:11 PM #146
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

BlueMystechRanger wrote: View Post

I may be mistaken but last time I checked, Hyenas are not part of the dog family.
Leave it to me to mix up Coyotes and Hyenas. Lmao.
Old March 9th, 2019, 06:25 PM #147
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Hayate❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Hayate❤️💕

So I was apprehensive about the Villain base from the promo we had gotten of it, but I've gotta say in the show it's awesome. The Cyber Dimension overall is really cool looking and I imagine we'll be seeing a lot more of it too...

The music overall even on episodes done by Noam are much better than his usual Power Rangers stuff. Not as good as Matt's music, but I can deal with this every other episode.

And it bugs me that they have not made the connection between the binoculars/sword & camera/gun. There's not been any sort of shots of them transforming and we in the know know because of Go-Busters, but they're sorely missing that connection in the show.

Last edited by Xenotome; March 9th, 2019 at 06:34 PM.
Xenotome is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 06:47 PM #148
> GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

BlueMystechRanger wrote: View Post

They aren't, but like someone mentioned wild dogs are a danger to cheetahs.
GokaiGold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 06:53 PM #149
> PinkRangerWannabe
I'm a Jen, not a Kimberly

PinkRangerWannabe
I'm a Jen, not a Kimberly

Fun from start to finish. Dino Charge and Ninja Steel usually had elements of fun, never full episodes of it. The flaws I can live with, this stuff is just so WATCHABLE! I don't cringe in embarrassment or anything!
PinkRangerWannabe is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 07:15 PM #150
> Guy121
Yes That Guy

Guy121
Yes That Guy

Holy crap, the writers of the episode actually showed and not told the team / leader plot idea.
Guy121 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 09:19 PM #151
> powerpackers90
AngelGroveRadioPodcast

powerpackers90
AngelGroveRadioPodcast

Xenotome wrote: View Post

The one thing I didn't like about the episode... they totally downplayed the footage of Blue beating the shit out of the monster and I wish they didn't. Like the level of tension to Ryuuji's overheating and breaking the Monster's hands and then shooting at him while he begged for mercy until Ryuuji threw him up into the air and made him land on his sword... and that's before he even turned on Yoko.

I can see why they cut it out thou. As they used the shooting part to set up the turn on Zoey as she called him out on it. Plus it gave Devon the destroying the MotW part instead. Setting up him becoming leader. How he was the only one with a cool head and focused in the fight.
powerpackers90 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 09:26 PM #152
> Prototype
Blips and/or Chitz.

Prototype
Blips and/or Chitz.

I rated this episode Fair. The weakness thing was weird, although at least they tried to have it make sense. I won't say it was particularly well written though. I liked Devon establishing himself as leader and going out to investigate without any prompting. It's always good when our Red Rangers are curious and heroic.

Definitely still feeling the "Saban" vibe though.
Prototype is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old March 9th, 2019, 09:28 PM #153
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Solid episode. Not as smooth as the premiere but now we're getting into things and they made it mostly work. I'm still not a fan of the beast bots. And this is a guy who watched Go-Busters, where I wasn't really a fan of the buddyroids there either. But it's PR/Sentai, those kind of things happen and sometimes yeah, you just have to roll with it. But admittedly with BM in particular the beast bots do feel kind of out of place even though we only had a glimpse effectively at this new show "universe". Theme wise, it does feel a bit odd. I would've liked them to try and sell the bots better. There just doesn't seem a reason for them. I think it would've been better to give us an episode or two more before introducing them and giving a real reason, even a shallow one. Beyond...we wanted to make them? Unless we discover a reason in the next episode or two maybe. But yeah, feels a bit at odds with the kind of show they're giving us. Again though, oh well. It's not the worse thing in the world, and I'm always happy for Kelson to be a part of a PR season so I'll take him in the form of Cruise.

The weaknesses weren't badly done. Actually I appreciated that they came up with a reason for the weaknesses, and tying it to Evox having corrupted the ranger process. Devon's is still cheesy. And sure, 'cheetahs are basically cats' is quite a generalization but it works well enough. It's not unreasonable to understand where the logic comes from, or that Evox's corruption could reasonably make such an outcome possible. And as others said, much better than randomly chickens. And while I can care less if Zoey snacked on treats or carrots, while it's not entirely subtle I don't really mind the healthier eating bend toward her weakness. And it works. Straightforward, but it works. Admittedly, Ravi's actor still seems like the weakest out of the bunch, but it might also be how he's been told to portray the character. Directed, and thus coming across as a bit more stiff. Who knows. Anyway, point is he didn't do too bad going into overheat mode. But the weaknesses are a kind of 'kiddie crutch' that might end up hurting the season more than not, but we'll see.

Otherwise it was a fine episode. I enjoyed the Blaze and Roxy stuff in the cyber world. I think I'll still look forward to seeing them as characters, and hopefully there'll be some kind of growth or something with them, and they wont just be 'Arr I'm bad today.'. Curious on the whole Vargoyle thing. Seems a setup for a second villain that may or may not try to usurp power or do something. We've seen it before, another villain coming in to run things for a bit before getting defeated and the Big Bad finishing things off.

And Ben and Betty continue to be fun. Silly, sure, but in a way that can be enjoyable or at least harmless enough unlike Victor & Monty. And are relevant unlike Bulk & Spike, so yay. Could I do without them? Sure, and honestly I hope Hasbro doesn't believe every series has to have a comedy duo. There are definitely other ways to do comedy in this show. But at least so far Ben & Betty seem like they'll be fine to have around.
Alitain is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 09:28 PM #154
> DerangedHermit
zombats

DerangedHermit
zombats

MerCurryMeme wrote: View Post

I think my favorite part of the whole Ben and Betty stuff is the fact Shaw straight up said that they're not really positions of importance or higher power.

They just...doing things for her and she just sighs. That made me feel a ton better about them because the show is literally saying, "yeah, don't worry man".
Plot twist: They were also infused with animal DNA. Gopher DNA.
DerangedHermit is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old March 9th, 2019, 09:34 PM #155
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger

ranger_scout
Power Ranger

I liked that the team didn't have a completely perfect start off. They are new to their powers and they've also never had the chance to work together before. It's a learning experience for all of them. Zoey and Ravi were both fighting to be the leader, but they eventually realized that neither one of them was qualified for the job.
ranger_scout is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 09:35 PM #156
> BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

GokaiGold wrote: View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQWcbHMeEMc
Whelp, looks like I got out-animal facted. KA Applegate would be ashamed.

I still think a dog causing Devon to freeze specifically because a fear of dogs is apparently hard wired into his cheetah DNA is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard (and I'm willing to bet money that the writers weren't even thinking about what a Cheetah's natural enemies actually are when they came up with that) but if that inoffensive level of stupidity is the highest we reach in the next two years, I'd say we're still in for a passable season XD
BlueMystechRanger is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 09:38 PM #157
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Xenotome wrote: View Post

I think a more brutal fight like that would be more warranted later on. Here we just needed an intro to the weakness, and it worked. We saw him start to rage, and the danger it presents because of his possibility of turning on his teammates. Him brutalizing the monster would work better later on when his overheating really gets bad and yet they can't stop it. Or maybe Ravi decides to purposely overheat himself because he thinks it's the only way to stop a monster, or try to prove something and of course, it all goes wrong when he rages and scares the crap out of himself at what he can do. That would be a better way to use such a scene than in this beginning.

ranger_scout wrote: View Post

I liked that the team didn't have a completely perfect start off. They are new to their powers and they've also never had the chance to work together before. It's a learning experience for all of them. Zoey and Ravi were both fighting to be the leader, but they eventually realized that neither one of them was qualified for the job.
I hope we might see a bit more of their less than perfect team dynamic but...probably not. Though hopefully we'll get something of Devon learning to be a leader. And wont copy SPD with Jack.
Alitain is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 10:05 PM #158
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

Okay, we get it guys. Rabbits do not in nature, eat carrots. However, if you actually read the links that you're googling, carrots make perfect sense.

https://www.rspca.org.uk/adviceandwe...its/diet/myths

They're high in sugar and can be fed in small amounts as an occasional treat. - When Zoey is out of juice and needs an energy boost - Carrots in this context, especially with, you know, rabbit DNA, a sugary treat actually makes perfect sense. It should, in essence, give her the energy she needs, as it SHOULD act like a sugary treat.

Not to mention it works in a production sense as well. Logistically, they need a small food item that Zoey can carry around with her that's healthy (because Nickelodeon is all about healthy eating habits) and can, if necessary, be overlayed over candy in source footage.

Baby Carrots work. Can you think of something better that won't go bad being carried around that the actress will willingly bite into if it's been sitting in her bag for an hour? Apple Slices will go brown. Bananas will get squished. Most green veges will get broken apart. Baby Carrots might get a bit warm, but they'll still be perfectly fine to munch on.

Logically speaking, Baby Carrots are actually the perfect substitute for candy in this particular scenario for Nick. And in the few sentai scenes where Jax shows up with Candy for Yoko (Zoey), or she quickly grabs a candy from within her suit while morphed, it's very easy to digitally edit it to look like a baby carrot.

GokaiGold wrote: View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQWcbHMeEMc
Things like this make me love small bits of the fandom, lol.
Old March 9th, 2019, 10:12 PM #159
> csa1985
Power Ranger

csa1985
Power Ranger

Iím probably repeating whatís been said since neo saban era but i wish this was more than 20 episodes. Just because although this was a solid episode it was a little stuffed and i know they only have so many episodes a year to establish stuff.

I really like this cast as a whole. I am looking forward to the entire season so far.
csa1985 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 10:23 PM #160
> KRDK
Nobody's Perfect

KRDK
Nobody's Perfect

Funny thing is that there was some lettuce next to the carrot when Nate handed Zoey it. The VA's are fine for the Beast Bots. Jax having a male voice was an unexpected, yet welcome, surprise because I expected them to go with a female voice. Kelson voicing Cruise is a welcome sight for sure. Dude is going for a record, I can feel it. He has to have the record for most characters played.

The weaknesses are a goofy touch but I can live with it.

The episode felt rushed but there was a lot to fit in with such a low run time. The comedic duo have already grown on me. Part of it is because they are being incorporated into the episode a la Bulk and Skull rather than some afterthought. I guess part of my disdain was because they came off as discount Gem and Gemma.

I still gave the episode 5 stars even with the minor flaws because they are things I expect at times in a show with 20 episodes. Can't wait for more.

Also when was the last time we saw the Rangers actually see their zords in original footage? I am not counting Samurai's origami modes either. That was a nice touch for me personally.

Would it kill Nick to allow them to do 30 episode seasons? I mean it would reduce the amount of rushing they have to do.
KRDK is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
dont fear puppers, yummy carrot munch munch