73 29.80%
Votes: 245. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 9th, 2019, 01:02 PM #121
> Goseired11
Power Ranger

Goseired11
Power Ranger

Cameron Samurai wrote: View Post

They had a "story by" credit, and Becca co-wrote the actual teleplay with a "Johnny Hartman"
Becca and Alwyn had the story credit but both of them AND Johnny Hartman got credit for the Teleplay. Like I’ve said before I really wanna see some of these writers write episodes on their own to see the quality they can produce solo, it’d be very telling. With Johnny Hartman coming over from Transformers I wonder if we’ll have other writers from Hasbro’s properties come over throughout the season?

I honestly don’t mind fresh writers but I still kinda hope Chip handles the major plot episodes himself.
Goseired11 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 01:18 PM #122
> Mr. Underachiever
Thenubucanplaywithoutside

Mr. Underachiever
Thenubucanplaywithoutside

It's weird that the morpher toy has all those different sound effects if we're just gonna get the same generic Noam Kaniel music for the morph in show.
Mr. Underachiever is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 01:21 PM #123
> Pumpy
Power Ranger

Pumpy
Power Ranger

Very average episode. A lot of people are giving it the benefit of the doubt because they are coming off of the high of last week. This season has potential, and is setting up some pretty neat ideas, but let's see if it actually delivers or peters out.
Pumpy is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 01:36 PM #124
> BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

It was alright enough. Not great but not bad either. Just your standard "establishing status quo stuff that couldn't fit in the premiere" episode. I will say...I don't like the small changes they've made to the Go-Busters' weaknesses. Or rather...how they tied them into the animal DNA. Ravi's is fine, albeit a bit of a stretch, and Zoey....didn't even eat the carrot before she felt better....so just putting it in her mouth is enough? But I think the dumbest one was Devon's. They could have easily just said he was afraid of dogs. That's more believable than a fucking cheetah.
BlueMystechRanger is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 01:36 PM #125
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Ok, now that was a good one. Better than I thought.

Pros

- The unmorphed fight scene was decent

- Devon being made the leader was brought in a natural way

- Good work on the dynamic of the three rangers

- Ben and Betty were actually useful. Their gags are less "in your face" and they actually contribute the show.

- The final scene was cute.

Cons

- Not a fan of using buddyroids/beast bots. This is from the guy who likes/watches Pokémon, Puzzles&Dragons, Digimon, Yokai Watch Shadow Side, Zoids Wild and all those kiddie anime about children partnering up with inhuman creatures. But the whole concept feels so out of place on Power Rangers/Sentai. The main partnership should be AMONG the rangers themselves. They don't need special partners: they SHOULD be each other's. I didn't like it in Go-Busters, I don't like it here. But I guess Hasbro really wanted to sell those toys.

- If they are so set on using the bots, Jax should have been female. Why do the same thing Go-Busters did? Also, is Redbot's VA playing him?

- The silly weakness thing from GB and the reasoning the show gaves us is completly silly and unnecessary. Might add some drama or comedy at some parts but... I don't see why bring that up. It doesn't fit, in my opinion.

- Some dialogue is still somewhat silly but at least more bearable than on Ninja Steel.
Spider-Phoenix is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 02:21 PM #126
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

While I feel like the episode was rushed, where it not only introduced new characters in the monster maker, choosing a leader, introducing the beastbots, showing all three weaknesses and solving them, and showing the megazords individually (only thing they didn't show was GB 02 battle mode), I do want to give the episode a benefit of the doubt as we could see something like Build (episode 2 felt rushed in that)
Allio is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 02:37 PM #127
> Vagabond Ranger
Boost up!

Vagabond Ranger
Boost up!

I guess I'm the only one disappointed with how much of a chump Blaze was this episode. If you want to establish your villain as a threat...don't have them struggle against unmorphed rangers when they're in their strongest form. Enter would style all over the Go-Busters even in his weakest state and that's how you knew the guy meant business. I know Blaze was never going to be even a third as great as Enter but come on dude.
Vagabond Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 02:38 PM #128
> The 2nd Evil
Where Is Your Santa, Now?

The 2nd Evil
Where Is Your Santa, Now?

Devon, please quit with the Brody-isms. I really want to like you, but stuff like that is super grating. I do like how he wasn't trying to act like a leader the way Ravi and Zoey were, and just became one.

If there's one thing about Go-Busters I wasn't too thrilled with, it was the lack of a traditional villain hierarchy, so I was happy to see that set up, here. Amusingly, it reminded me of Operation Overdrive, when Flurious just up and took over Norg's home, only Scozzle(?) is fully aware what's going on, unlike poor naive Norg.

Now, that said, the actor who played Enter in Go-Busters deserves all the credit in the world because he had to single handedly carry the villain side of the show, and he did a wonderful job of it.

I am willing to bet that robot that Scozzle(?) is hiding from is going to be Messiah's suited form and will be tricked into fighting the Power Rangers just in time for the season one finale.
The 2nd Evil is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 02:49 PM #129
> Angelbear01
The Red Triforian Ranger

Angelbear01
The Red Triforian Ranger

I laughed a bit too hard at Commander Shaw's line "How would you know? You've never done a piece of laundry in your life.".

Typical Mom for you. Just comes to show that even when you're a Power Ranger, Mom will always be there to nag you about something! lol
Angelbear01 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 03:36 PM #130
> NinjaHurricane
I'm SPD Green, ask Greg!

NinjaHurricane
I'm SPD Green, ask Greg!

I felt like this was incredibly average for a second episode of a new show. Other Power Rangers series that hooked me were still incredibly engaging into episode 3, 4, or even 5. I have to admit it's a bit worrying that the show became so average on the second episode. Not bad, but not great and ultimately very forgettable.

I thought it was a big mistake to do all that build up to the simulator in the first episode and then cut to right after the Rangers trained in the simulator. That could have been a cool visual experience and given the Rangers a fun fight sequence to introduce the classic "Rangers not really working together" storyline.

The weaknesses are stupid. They never paid off in creating drama for the story in Go-Busters and it seems very Neo-Saban of the writers to include them in Beast Morphers "because sentai did it."

The BeastBots are cool designs but got no time to shine as characters of their own in this episode. I feel like they could be great characters and have amazing storylines if the writers invest in the Rangers' relationships with them.

I do like that there's clearly a group of villains and not just one guy running around causing trouble like in Go-Busters.

Devon becoming leader feel like a very natural progression of the story and not forced like certain seasons (Megaforce *cough*)

Commander Shaw feels like a fresh commander we've never quite seen in Power Rangers before. She means business but isn't afraid to smile, and she really encourages and appreciates the Ranger team when they've done a good job.

I'm really hoping the show is just finding its footing and they can make a strong series.
NinjaHurricane is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 03:55 PM #131
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

Evox Revenge !!! Begins !!! They bring back the Previews on Power Rangers instead of the Narration !! always enjoyed that segments in Power Rangers.

The Opening scene with the debuts of Evox and Scroggle it was much interesthing because set us there are more in the Cyberspace and we get more about the was created the grunts, and the tecnology for they travel between the Cyberspace and the Human Worlds, and about another villan which are after of Scroggle the Vargoyle, since we saw Scroggle, knows about the Morph-X, and had a Army of Robots really brings vibes of Frax.

The Rangers knowing there BeastBoots were nice scene, and there presentation, and seems they keep some of the personalitys they had in Go-Busters, and the all comflit between Zoey and Navi about the one which should lead the team was much interesthing because, they were focus the others Two Rangers, was not about the Red Ranger Ego, Devon balance the team for they work together, there weakness, Nate refers when Evox corrupted the System they put weakness in there code too, I wonder about the Blaze and Roxy, and Blaze/Devon rivalty was really set well, and for sore will continues during the season.

The Debuts of the Zords were cool, and they dont forced the Megazord debuts, and is always nice to see the Zords had the individual battles, instead of going always to the Megazord, but seems a cool way to bring the Zords, and Devon used the Cheetah Blaster, to Final Strike in the monster, and for the Final Scene seems was cute and Ben and Betty really help the team, we dont going to had some replay of Victor and Monty.

Hasbro seems is making the Power Rangers in the right track, since we had the second episode, and it was a good set up for the Cybersapce,New Villans,Weapons and Zords, I think Hasbro maybe want to promoted the New Cheetah Blaster for Red Ranger, and bring back the "Previews on Power Rangers" is a great element for the show, and the we had another villan in the cyberspace apart of Evox was nice, because Scroggle, seems much aware of everything is happens in not Naive like Norg, with the scenario i wonder if Vargoyle is going to show up and join with Evox crew !!!
Akumaru is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 04:18 PM #132
> AdamN
Power Ranger

AdamN
Power Ranger

If Devon is freezing after seeing dogs, that means they have to add scenes with dogs to the Go-Busters footage.

Then I hope we will get Kody cameo. He deserves that.
AdamN is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old March 9th, 2019, 04:21 PM #133
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay

Im surprised Betty got her hair back to normal so quickly after the zapping incident.
GoldAnyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 04:26 PM #134
> GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

GoldAnyRanger wrote: View Post

Im surprised Betty got her hair back to normal so quickly after the zapping incident.
I guess girl’s quick with a flat iron.
GrumpyBookworm is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 04:57 PM #135
> White Genesis
Power Ranger

White Genesis
Power Ranger

Good ep!
White Genesis is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 05:02 PM #136
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AdamN wrote: View Post

If Devon is freezing after seeing dogs, that means they have to add scenes with dogs to the Go-Busters footage.

Then I hope we will get Kody cameo. He deserves that.
Kody's such a good boy, Devon won't even freeze.
AkaGreen is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 05:05 PM #137
> GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

Kody should just join Grid BattleForce, fuse his DNA with more dog, give him a Beast Bot and make him a Ranger.
GokaiGold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 05:19 PM #138
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Devon really needs to shut up about the video game thing. It's okay Devon, WE GET IT. Ben and Betty, OTOH, need to go away and never come back.

The early story of the villains is far more interesting. So Nate accidentally trapped Evox and his minions in the cyber-dimension, where they ran into this other loser, who has monsters and foot soldiers that he built to defend him against something else. I like that. It's not just another two years of, "We're evil because we're evil, and here's our supply of random underlings."

The dog-moment was weird, but at least it wasn't a chicken.

Gosh, that GoBusters giant robot footage is beautiful.

"I'll just pretend it's another video game!" SHUT UP.

The animal DNA thing as an explanation for Zoey's love of carrots and Devon's fear of dogs, is, I don't know, but I don't like it.

Yay, more cockpit only weapons. The cheetah zord uses a sword, so why would Devon be using a gun?

I didn't really care much for this one, to be honest. It wasn't bad, it was just kind of ... there. The heroes aren't doing it for me at all (the animal DNA thing is just strange, and alas, we're stuck with Ben and Betty. Why?), but I liked the story of the villains. I thought that part was great.
Peter is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 05:24 PM #139
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

Calling it, trigger/gun Metaroid will be a copy of Devon’s video game turned into a monster
Allio is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 05:28 PM #140
> The Golden Witch
Bow Before Your Queen

The Golden Witch
Bow Before Your Queen

Fast episode due to needing to get exposition out. I'm okay with that, but I can see why others would have a problem. I like that they at least tried to have the weaknesses make sense, even if it isn't perfect. I like where the show's going so far. Gave it a 4/5.
The Golden Witch is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
dont fear puppers, yummy carrot munch munch