73 29.80%
73 29.80%
Votes: 245. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 9th, 2019, 08:36 AM #61
> TheDub
The One and Only

TheDub
The One and Only

I also agree with the weirdness of chooskng "cheetas are cats so obvi they are afraid of dogs" but i cant expect much more than that. As someone else mentioned i find it odd his blaster works to swing his sword. I mean he could literally push a button on a console to get the same effect. Hasbro just wants to push a nerf gun and i can appreciate that. Its something fans wanted since it was announced hasbro owned pr and they gave it to us as an actual in show item.

I found the twins a little funnier in this episode. I laughed once at the line "no we dont" last week but this week i laughed twice. At "yes hes sure" and "no, please go on" or however she said it. The tasing thing was....about as amusing as victor and monty. And i dont mean that in a good way. I liked ninja steel but i didnt like them.

I found it really funny when cruise mentioned the battle mode, and devon was "whats???" But immediately knew how to activate. I actually laughed. But again....power rangers. Lol.
TheDub is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 08:37 AM #62
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Really liked that episode. Not much explanation as to why the Cyber-Dimension knew about Morph-X, and "get Evox back to our world" is a bit 80s cartoon (ala get the Technodrome out of Dimension X), loved the competency of the comic relief, and they actually know who the Rangers are so that gives them more meaningful things to do

HOW1215 wrote: View Post

Barnes and Dale
They had a "story by" credit, and Becca co-wrote the actual teleplay with a "Johnny Hartman"
Cameron Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 08:41 AM #63
> Goseired11
Power Ranger

Goseired11
Power Ranger

Arectaris Returned wrote: View Post

Hasbro should have just adopted the mecha fight / Yellow + Bluebuster dual fight from Gobusters Episode 1 and introduced the other zords later. That's actually the route I thought they were going.
Thatíll be coming in episode 4 more than likely because:
The description from that episode matches the set footage we saw with Roxy and Ravi with the core rangers. They were also fighting the monster from gobusters episode 1

Cameron Samurai wrote: View Post

They had a "story by" credit, and Becca co-wrote the actual teleplay with a "Johnny Hartman"
Itís good to see Hasbro injecting some of their writers on staff for Beast Morphers. Personally though, Iím hoping we get less co-written episodes down the line. Sometimes having one writer on a episode does better then having like 3 ala (Super) Ninja Steel and Dino (Super) Charge.

Hopefully Chip does more solo episodes this season too. Heís been at his best writing solo episodes recently since he doesnít have a Jackie Marchand level writer to work with him.
Goseired11 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 08:51 AM #64
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

honestly miss the "corrupted sound card" of Overheated Ryuuji's voice, it would have made perfect sense for Ravi in this

the guy Scoggle (or whatever) is afraid of is probably going to be Enter unite (so much for Blaze becoming him) I couldn't make out the name but it uses "Gargoyle" and Enter Unite's form is the only monster in Go-busters that can pull off a Gargoyle.

AkaGreen wrote: View Post

Simple "Cats are scared of dogs" logic. It makes more sense than the chicken, really.
No the chicken made sense. Remember he was terrified. Then again we are talking about a country when you can become so scared of a cat that you get cat kungfu

rocky505 wrote: View Post

I'm glad they changed Red and Yellow's weaknesses the way they did. Dogs and Carrots make more sense than Chickens and sweets.
Seets worked since it was akin to sugar tank. Honestly I feel carrots is bad because now I'm remembering those old cartoons with "eating veggies is good" plots

Last edited by Allio; March 9th, 2019 at 08:47 AM.
Allio is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 08:51 AM #65
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

Goseired11 wrote: View Post

Thatíll be coming in episode 4 more than likely because:
The description from that episode matches the set footage we saw with Roxy and Ravi with the core rangers. They were also fighting the monster from gobusters episode 1
I gotta say, and this isn't even exclusive to this year because it's one of the things Ninja Steel and I think Dino Charge got right, I love that the episode order is so unpredictable.

It's even better here because we started with episode 5.
AkaGreen is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 08:54 AM #66
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

MerCurryMeme wrote: View Post

Sans Blue's overheating, but we need more episodes to see how far they'd take it.
Disappointed they cut out majority of the fight, because the whole introductory of overheat was just so awesome.
Old March 9th, 2019, 08:54 AM #67
> Goseired11
Power Ranger

Goseired11
Power Ranger

I gotta say, and this isn't even exclusive to this year because it's one of the things Ninja Steel and I think Dino Charge got right, I love that the episode order is so unpredictable.

It's even better here because we started with episode 5.
Agreed:

Remember we also saw Drilltron on set with Gold and Silver and he came in way before they showed up if I recall correctly.
Goseired11 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 08:59 AM #68
> GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

toejammer wrote: View Post

Another good episode with some substance.

I know hes meant to come across naive and kiddy, but im finding it hard to warm to devon at the moment. Probably my least favourite of the three. But im sure heíll grow as a person over time.
Devon doesn't really come off naive to me. He's excitable, but actually pretty measured. He's the perfect leader for this team where Ravi and Zoey are both tryhards and he's more relaxed.

This felt like the second episode of Dino Charge where the episode felt a little rushed in places because they're establishing everything that wasn't in the pilot. There are still weird bits of dialogue but nothing too egregious.

I like the addition of Scrozzle. He acts as a parallel to the Ranger's Beast Bots Similarly Blaze and Roxy are also getting new toys from their tech guy and learning how things work. Which is something that doesn't happen often that the main villains get everything from a third party source. They're kind of just getting by. Scrozzle is also just a great design.

I really hope this Vargolye foreshadowing pays off. Possible season 2 villain?

The weakness thing is silly, but no more than it was in Go-Busters so whatever.

The Zord fight is thankfully free of useless bits that plague them the last couple of years. Mostly when it was the original cockpit scenes. Even when Devon summons the Cheetah Blaster, it's a quick sequence and boom robot dead. I don't like the visual dissonance with him shooting and the Racer Zord slashing though.

Ben and Betty don't always make me laugh, but I find them endearing. They want to help wherever they can and actually contributed it.
GokaiGold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 09:00 AM #69
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

I do hope that Devon loses the whole "Wow, it's just like a videogame" schtick. Otherwise this will be worse than "epic"
Old March 9th, 2019, 09:03 AM #70
> NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

I don't think it's rage. I think it's just literally "Don't get too hot". If he pushes himself too hard during a fight, he's gonna overheat and start attacking everyone, like Ryuji did in the sentai.
Ah, ok, that makes sense. I was just overthinking it, then.
NightMere10 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 09:04 AM #71
> Mr. Underachiever
Thenubucanplaywithoutside

Mr. Underachiever
Thenubucanplaywithoutside

The pacing is really awkward so far. It feels like they're trying to cram way too much into 22 minutes. Last week's episode, as much as I enjoyed it, was pretty much nothing but exposition, and this episode was nothing but showing off all the toys.

Maybe it's just because it's the first two episodes they're trying to get it all out of the way. The entire Neo-Saban era felt like nothing happened in any individual episode, so too much going on is a relatively minor complaint.
Mr. Underachiever is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 09:08 AM #72
> red&black
VIP Ranger

red&black
VIP Ranger

***EPISODE 2 NOTES***

- Camera looks clean as fuck. High-quality premium camera work.

- Beast Morphers headquarters set design looks gorgeous.

- Impressed with the updated/remixed version of each Go-Buster's weakness.

- Blue Beast Morpher actor looks more relaxed/confident this time.

- Red Beast Morphers actor had too many "Over-acting" moments today.

- Yellow Beast Morpher actress is a pure natural in front of the camera.

- Everyone on the show looks phenomenally well groomed.

- New "Bulk and Skull duel" comedic moments kept to a brief minimum.

- Go-Busters suits look absolutely beautiful in New Zealand outdoors sunlight.

Rating: 8/10

Keep it up Hasbro!

Last edited by red&black; March 9th, 2019 at 09:15 AM.
red&black is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 09:11 AM #73
> SuperStar
Power Ranger

SuperStar
Power Ranger

Cameron Samurai wrote: View Post

Not much explanation as to why the Cyber-Dimension knew about Morph-X,
DOesn't seem like he knew what Morph X was, just he recognized it's energy. Roxy was like "Ever hear of Morph X?" And He's like "pure morph energy wow"
SuperStar is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 09:12 AM #74
> Phoenix-Artisan
Power Ranger

Phoenix-Artisan
Power Ranger

Just started watching the episode, and I gotta say, I really hate Noam Kaniel. His music really doesn't suit Power Rangers, especially when he tries to score the comedic scenes.
Phoenix-Artisan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old March 9th, 2019, 09:20 AM #75
> MagnaChipster
keep your cape on batbot

MagnaChipster
keep your cape on batbot

I don't know why it's such a big deal that Devon's weakness is from the cheetah being scared of dogs. Cheetahs are actually very nervous animals that get anxious really easily. It's honestly not that big of a stretch that the DNA would react like that. If you guys wanted to be picky and bring real-life biology into this, you should point out how carrots actually have very low nutritional value for rabbits, lol.

But anyway, really great episode!! A lot of stuff was dropped that could pave the way for future stories, and Devon showing off his true nature as a leader felt very natural. And Ben and Betty continue to be awesome - WHEN are they going to be able to morph Hasbro

Morph X continues to just be Nickelodeon slime, lol
MagnaChipster is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 09:25 AM #76
> Champ
Lupin Red!

Champ
Lupin Red!

Ha ha... wow. The Rangers' weakness were ridiculous and I love it. I'm so glad they changed Red's weakness from chickens to dogs. It makes more sense.

Now, I wonder what are Blaze's and Roxy's weakness, I'm very curious.

Betty and Ben were awesome and glad they aren't annoying.

As for the zord, I'm baffled about the final blow, using the gun and sword. I was like huh?

Another great episode. Cannot wait to see the next episode.
Champ is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 09:27 AM #77
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

Champ wrote: View Post

Now, I wonder what are Blaze's and Roxy's weakness, I'm very curious.
They are in a coma. I think that's weakness enough.
Old March 9th, 2019, 09:30 AM #78
> Thunder
Power Ranger

Thunder
Power Ranger

I only caught the last seven minutes of the episode, but from what I saw, it looked like a fun episode. The return to original cockpits? So much yes! The Beast Bots looked and sounded amazing and I think I'm okay with the new tagline after a villain is destroyed; "Virus eliminated."

I can't wait to go back and watch this episode from the beginning!
Thunder is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 09:35 AM #79
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

also...Overheated Ravi...I'm good. Perhaps it's the actor or something but he just sounds irritated at worst.
Old March 9th, 2019, 09:40 AM #80
> SirStack
Visit Morphylogeny!

eBay
SirStack
Visit Morphylogeny!

eBay

One strange thing nobody will likely ever comment on: the closed captions are apparently being outsourced to another country. Defense was listed as "defence", but more egregiously tires were repeatedly spelled "tyres".
SirStack is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.

Tags
dont fear puppers, yummy carrot munch munch