73 29.80%
73 29.80%
Votes: 245. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 9th, 2019, 06:49 AM #21
> SonicBlueRanger
Power Ranger

SonicBlueRanger
Power Ranger

It wasn't as good as last week but it was still good.

I love the minimal use of dialogue in the fights after years of everyone never shutting up during them. The Beast Bots are fun characters so far. Ben and Betty are still funny.

I feel the weaknesses are kind of a stretch and I don't think Devon really needed to say he was still frozen when we cut back to him but those are minor things.

I'd still give it a 4 out of 5.
SonicBlueRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 06:50 AM #22
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

Racer ranger wrote: View Post

although the blaster was good hated that the Red ranger used the blaster when the zord used sword .
I can live with it, because at least it was short.

Last year they would've talked about how cool the weapon was for five minutes before using it.
AkaGreen is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 06:50 AM #23
> SirStack
Visit Morphylogeny!

eBay
SirStack
Visit Morphylogeny!

eBay

Ahh yes, common domestic dogs, the cheetah's only natural enemy.

Devon, stop looking at the dog, you'll be fine. Zoey, eat some carrots, you'll be fine. Ravi... TRY NOT TO OVERHEAT. Took three writers to come up with those resolutions. That's Power Rangers, for you.
SirStack is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 06:51 AM #24
> MerCurryMeme
Fear/Pain

MerCurryMeme
Fear/Pain

SirStack wrote: View Post

Devon, stop looking at the dog, you'll be fine. Zoey, eat some carrots, you'll be fine. Ravi... TRY NOT TO OVERHEAT. Took three writers to come up with those resolutions. That's Power Rangers, for you.
The true tragedy is the fact your icon and Devon would be locked in a eternal stasis.

EDIT: This deserved to be my 4600th comment.
MerCurryMeme is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old March 9th, 2019, 06:51 AM #25
> HOW1215
Power Ranger

HOW1215
Power Ranger

Arectaris Returned wrote: View Post

I get what they were going for, but a cheetah has no reason to fear a dog.

The two don't normally interact, and a dog isn't going to prey on a cheetah. If anything, it's the dog which would be scared of the cheetah, as more than likely the cheetah would consider the dog a nice source of food.
Nate said that cheetahs are basically cats and that would account for the dog weakness. Besides, having a dog run around makes more sense than having a wild chicken, unless they destroyed a chicken coop.
HOW1215 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 06:53 AM #26
> Takaishi Takeru
希望を持って

Takaishi Takeru
希望を持って

The only thought going through my mind while watching this episode was, "God, this writing is so damn forced and inorganic and... bad when compared to Dino Charge (not Supercharge)."

Taking a moment to give us some relatively vital plot/toyetic exposition? Let's grind that to a halt with a useless gag, completely disrupting the narrative momentum of what's happening and making me wonder, "What just happened? Did we stop that exposition for that?"

Taking a moment to provide us with genuinely interesting character scenes? Let's water that down with a generic bickering plot that, while refreshing after the trash fire that was Ninja Steel, does not in any way engage the audience with the character beyond the surface level of, "I did laundry and I'm the bubbly, determined one!" "I did training, and I'm the straight-faced, determined one!" "I play a lot of video games!"

And by the time I reached the zord fight I just kept checking my watch, wanting it to be over.

But the biggest problem? By the second episode of Dino Charge, the Powers that Be had me invested as hell: in just two episodes, everyone felt like a real person with believable motivations. I've accepted by now that the problems I had with character writing in Ninja Steel were not a fluke. They're symptomatic of how the current writing team writes. It's surface-level and generic and brush strokes with grey paint, and I'm just not interested.

Maybe that's what Power Rangers is now. That's fine -- but there are better things on television, so I'm out. Much love to those who enjoyed the episode, and hope you enjoy the series. But I said before that if by episode two I still -- like Ninja Steel -- cared absolutely nothing for these characters, that I was going to peace out. So I'm peacing out. Dino Charge showed me this show doesn't have to be satisfied with mediocrity; it can excel if it wants to.

I think it's finally starting to sink in that... that's not going to happen anymore, because this is the new rubric for Power Rangers.

And that pretty much cemented how I feel about Beast Morphers so far, and how I'll probably feel about Power Rangers' writing going forward.
Takaishi Takeru is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old March 9th, 2019, 06:54 AM #27
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

Arectaris Returned wrote: View Post

I get what they were going for, but a cheetah has no reason to fear a dog.

The two don't normally interact, and a dog isn't going to prey on a cheetah. If anything, it's the dog which would be scared of the cheetah, as more than likely the cheetah would consider the dog a nice source of food.
It's Power Rangers. They aren't gonna use the most logic.

I'm just glad they actually put some thought into it.
Old March 9th, 2019, 06:55 AM #28
> laterdayz13
classic

laterdayz13
classic

SonicBlueRanger wrote: View Post

It wasn't as good as last week but it was still good.

I love the minimal use of dialogue in the fights after years of everyone never shutting up during them. The Beast Bots are fun characters so far. Ben and Betty are still funny.

I feel the weaknesses are kind of a stretch and I don't think Devon really needed to say he was still frozen when we cut back to him but those are minor things.

I'd still give it a 4 out of 5.
As ridiculous as his weakness is I will say that I liked that he doesnít even seem to be consciously aware of it, his body just reacts and he has no say in the matter. Thatís pretty interesting. I guess itís only a matter of time before the bad guys find out and start putting dog pictures on everything to keep him away..
laterdayz13 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 06:56 AM #29
> Goseired11
Power Ranger

Goseired11
Power Ranger

Iíll echo what everyone else has been saying, really good episode. Maybe not as strong as last weeks but good in its own right. I appreciate that the conflict wasnít matched with some down talking moral or forced lesson of the week. Iím liking the voices for the Beast Bots and itís always great to have Kelson back even though I kinda wanted him to voice a silver bot weíll meet down the line.

At first I didnít like the explanations for the weak points but as I thought about it, it makes sense in a PR-esque way. Also I didnít really get whybthe episode was called ďEvoxís revengeĒ and we didnít get too much Evox but thatís a minor nitpick. I feel like theyíre gonna slowburn his true origin like they did in RPM. Overall though, solid episode and we have plenty of room for growth from here 4/5!

Does anyone know who wrote this episode by the way?
Goseired11 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 06:58 AM #30
> laterdayz13
classic

laterdayz13
classic

I would love for him to carry around a spray bottle just in case 😂
laterdayz13 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 06:59 AM #31
> screamqueen
Power Ranger

screamqueen
Power Ranger

rocky505 wrote: View Post

I'm glad they changed Red and Yellow's weaknesses the way they did. Dogs and Carrots make more sense than Chickens and sweets.
I guess the sweets made sense (in Japan, they're part of the "cute" image that a young, pretty girl like Yoko is supposed to project) but carrots fit better for a US audience & bonus message about preventing child obesity!!

Not a bad follow-up, not bad at all. I am glad they kept the weaknesses
screamqueen is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 07:02 AM #32
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

Takaishi Takeru wrote: View Post

Dino Charge showed me this show doesn't have to be satisfied with mediocrity; it can excel if it wants to.

I think it's finally starting to sink in that... that's not going to happen anymore, because this is the new rubric for Power Rangers.
I get you're not happy with this season, hence you're peacing out after two episodes but honestly, I don't think this rubric is going to continue on for the entirety of the Hasbro era as I just don't want this era to be like the Neo-Saban era.

That being said, I'm not changing your mind on this.
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 07:02 AM #33
> SirStack
Visit Morphylogeny!

eBay
SirStack
Visit Morphylogeny!

eBay

HOW1215 wrote: View Post

Nate said that cheetahs are basically cats
That's some Ben & Betty logic, right there. Nate's a genius and he thinks all cats are afraid of dogs on a DNA level? Whatever, I'm just glad they tied it into the corruption of the Morph-X in the first episode, which seemed to be brushed aside pretty easily last time.
SirStack is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 07:02 AM #34
> MerCurryMeme
Fear/Pain

MerCurryMeme
Fear/Pain

If I had a nitpick or issue, it would be that they rushed the Zords in. I liked that in Go-Busters that Hiromu and Ace were the line of defense as we slowly got the rest and the Gattai. I think it would've been pretty cool for Power Rangers not having everything rolled out, but it makes sense for the narrative they've built.

This episode suffered from beginning pains, definitely. "RUSH EVERYTHING OUT, QUICKLY!"

So many next episode's gonna be a lot slower.
MerCurryMeme is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 07:02 AM #35
> tavionjackson
Power Ranger

tavionjackson
Power Ranger

I just love it. They jumped right into things. The rangers are already prepped to fight(Ravi and Zoey trained at GB and Devon already knew martial arts). They understand the Blaze and Roxy theyíre fighting are avatars, so there was none of that ď*Gasp* itís Blaze!, we canít fight our friendĒ stuff. They understand whatís at stake. This is good
tavionjackson is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 07:02 AM #36
> powerpackers90
AngelGroveRadioPodcast

powerpackers90
AngelGroveRadioPodcast

That was another solid episode. Wasnt as good as episode 1. But it tops Ninja steel by miles. Had a lot fun action moments and I'm loving the grounded future tech feel over a magical cosmic shuriken giving them everything. Loving that they kept the beast bots personalities and the Rangers weaknesses from Go-Busters. With the changes fitting this show better.

Also calling it that the other robot the new henchmen is running from is another one of Enter's forms.

My only real con is the slap stick with Betty and Ben. On the plus side I like them better then Victor and Monty cause they at least are well...likeable. but them gertting zapped with burn Marks and spiked up hair and then completely fine and look normal 5 seconds later is too "looney Tunes" for this kinda season.

4/5

Last edited by powerpackers90; March 9th, 2019 at 07:26 AM.
powerpackers90 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 07:02 AM #37
> HOW1215
Power Ranger

HOW1215
Power Ranger

Goseired11 wrote: View Post

Does anyone know who wrote this episode by the way?
Barnes and Dale
HOW1215 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 07:03 AM #38
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AdrenalineRush wrote: View Post

I get you're not happy with this season, hence you're peacing out after two episodes but honestly, I don't think this rubric is going to continue on for the entirety of the Hasbro era as I just don't want this era to be like the Neo-Saban era.

That being said, I'm not changing your mind on this.
It's really a fair point, though.

No point in sitting through a show you don't enjoy. I understand just not watching instead of watching knowing fully that you aren't gonna enjoy it.
Old March 9th, 2019, 07:05 AM #39
> SonicBlueRanger
Power Ranger

SonicBlueRanger
Power Ranger

That's some Ben & Betty logic, right there. Nate's a genius and he thinks all cats are afraid of dogs on a DNA level?
Dude sometimes you just gotta say "It's Power Rangers" and move on.
SonicBlueRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 07:05 AM #40
> cloudranger
Power Ranger

cloudranger
Power Ranger

Why did i hear this in Linkara's Voice? XD
cloudranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
dont fear puppers, yummy carrot munch munch