73 29.80%
73 29.80%
Votes: 245. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 14th, 2019, 07:38 PM #301
> RangerLobo-Guara
VIP Rider

RangerLobo-Guara
VIP Rider

well, if you mixed human and animal dna you would probably kill the human or make a freaking freak, or, at least, generate cancer
not give it powers

so... guys, lets move on.

And... scientifically, giant robots would probably be very slow...
RangerLobo-Guara is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2019, 07:40 PM #302
> Prototype
Blips and/or Chitz.

Prototype
Blips and/or Chitz.

RangerLobo-Guara wrote: View Post

well, if you mixed human and animal dna you would probably kill the human or make a freaking freak, or, at least, generate cancer
not give it powers
Well sure, if you're not using the Morphing Grid. Fortunately they are, so wacky hijinx ensue!
Prototype is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old March 14th, 2019, 07:55 PM #303
> Truncated Power Rangers
Alexa, play Desperado.

Truncated Power Rangers
Alexa, play Desperado.

Zoey's civilian power: turning into Popeye! Vegetables make her stronger!

Further, Ben and Betty can apparently "invent" the taser and just have it not turn into a clearance issue whatsoever.
Truncated Power Rangers is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old March 14th, 2019, 07:59 PM #304
> Prototype
Blips and/or Chitz.

Prototype
Blips and/or Chitz.

Truncated Power Rangers wrote: View Post

Zoey's civilian power: turning into Popeye! Vegetables make her stronger!

Further, Ben and Betty can apparently "invent" the taser and just have it not turn into a clearance issue whatsoever.
Come on, it's probably this exact kind of lax attitude towards developing sciences that led them to tapping into the Grid in the first place. No oversight until it's too late. You're telling me the Mayor only found out about what they were up to on the day of the activation?

Ben and Betty are just following in the metaphorical footsteps of "we have more money than sense, and we hired some genius kids".
Prototype is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2019, 11:34 PM #305
> PowerPhantom245
Rookie Red Raptor Ranger

PowerPhantom245
Rookie Red Raptor Ranger

Episode 2 Review - Meet the Enemies, Bots, and Weakness

Nice to see the episode picks up where previous left off.
Very refreshing to see another Power Rangers original villain, Scrozzle, who is NOT based on Go-busters villain. I like his character and design, which is a crossover between Go-Onger/RPM and Go-busters villain.
I’m curious what “Vargoyle” would look like; I hope they use Enter Unite costume (with possible repaint similar to Roxy/Escape).

Great to see Buddyloid… I mean Beast Bots!
It’s refreshing to see ALL 3 rangers getting their robot comrades, instead of Red.
Nice to hear Kelson again and this time as Cruise (Nick), the bike robot.
I like Smash has very strong manly voice, instead of weak and scrawny Gorisaki. lol
I kind of wished they used female voice for Jax though; I didn’t like Usada’s voice (male) in Go-busters, so I kind of wished Hasbro changed gender (SJW anyone? lol ). Oh well.

The non-morphed action choreography was very solid; not only it’s an improvement from Saban Brands, but better than most action in recent Sentai and Rider IMO.

It was refreshing to see 3 Ranger team using BRACE morpher, instead of phone, card reader, whatever-the-star thingy, etc.
It’s been a very long time since main team gets to use BRACE/WRIST morpher; first time since Dino Thunder (2004)… 15 YEARS (in Lou Pickles voice)!

I made a thread devoted to lack of wrist/brace morpher, few year ago (closed).
https://www.RangerBoard.com/showthread.php?t=177958

I like how item (Morph-X Keys) were utilized to activate morpher, which did not have collector’s gimmick in Go-busters. Interestingly, when I was discussing with my friend how collector’s gimmick would use in Go-busters adaptation, he suggested it would be something like memory card or USB stick; I guess he was somewhat right.
The morphing sequence is nice, but I’m not a fan of animal face showing up in tornado/cycle; I especially don’t like Blue/Gorilla face, which is somewhat off IMO.
Nice to hear rangers use the word “Transport!” to get their weapons, similar to Go-busters!

Here comes the weakness (no pun intended ) of this episode… ranger weakness.
As much as I enjoyed Go-busters, ranger’s “weakness” was a weakness of the overall series; it especially tragic, since rangers NEVER overcome it at the end.
Granted, the weakness here makes much more sense than Go-busters, since Evox infection caused it.
Devon is afraid of dog (instead of chicken/bird), since cheetah/feline is afraid of it (really?).
Cheetah is bigger than ANY dog (it could kill it) for pete sake!
Only thing cheetah should be afraid of is hellhound or Fluffly. lol XD

Ravi stays the same, which is not surprise.

Zoey is somewhat similar, but instead of eating candy and snacks, it’s carrot which sets good example for kids to eat healthy food (especially since obesity is epidemic in USA/Western Civilization).

I understand Chip loves Go-busters and REALLY wanted to make an adaptation of it, ever since Saban brought him back, but I really wished he didn’t put that in.
I admit, it does have better explanation and reasoning than Go-busters, but it still somewhat bothers me, but that just me.

The megazord battle was awesome to look at and it’s one of the highlight of Go-busters in general.
What I really like is how Hasbro recreated the cockpit similar to Japanese counterpart, rather than using Power Rangers exclusive cockpit, which I didn’t mind too much for group cockpit, but since Go-busters mecha were all piloted individually and NEVER as group, I have to commend Hasbro for effort. I like the Cheetah Beast Blaster, a Power Rangers original weapon, as a megazord finisher, but it’s kind of weird to see blaster to use for sword/slash attack, but I digress. It was also interesting that only additional visor was used for Red, rather than transforming into Cockpit Exclusive armor mode in Saban Brands era; nice and simplistic is what I like about Go-busters and it works very effectively here.
“Virus Eliminated” is a nice catchphrase.

Group hug at the end was very cute, hilarious, and rewarding.

Overall, wasn’t as good as previous, but it was still solid.
Much like the last episode, the pacing felt bit rushed IMO.
I’m also bit annoyed that Devon keeps referring “video game”; then again, he just become a ranger, so I can see why he is still arrogant.
He somewhat reminds me bit of “BakaRed” with that attitude… ok may be not.
I also made a topic on whether or not "Baka Red" would work in franchise.
https://www.RangerBoard.com/showthread.php?t=183122

Ben and Betty were little more obnoxious compared to previous episode, but they were useful and funnier than comedic relief in previous seasons.
I’m curious whether or not rangers would overcome their weakness by the end of first season or won’t until they defeat Evox.

4/5 dogs.
PowerPhantom245 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2019, 02:22 AM #306
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

big smile wrote: View Post

It's not the letter V, it's a pattern! Like the N on the psycho ranger belts, the G on the RPM helmets or the CGD or the Silver Guardian's hats.
I like to think the guy that the guy that made the Psycho Powers as named Neji

AkaPrimoKanyeWest wrote: View Post

Japanese canonically did.

They're Mercurian battle spells, remember?
What’s with these kinds of shows always writing off Japanese language. Digimon frontier did this as well making Japanese into “digi-code” even though there already is digi code.

Also that fucking scene in the Tiga dub where they turned Japanese into “lost language”
Allio is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2019, 02:43 AM #307
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Prototype wrote: View Post

Come on, it's probably this exact kind of lax attitude towards developing sciences that led them to tapping into the Grid in the first place. No oversight until it's too late.
Exactly.

No mad scientist ever accomplished anything amazing by listening to things like "ethics" or "common sense" or "ego-maniacs with God complexes should not be trying to subvert the laws of nature". Pffft.
Peter is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2019, 05:36 AM #308
> AtoMan
Now read my post again

AtoMan
Now read my post again

Eh, the acting is still overly "childish". We didn't need it in Disney era, we sure don't need it now. Also, is that Kamiel's anticlimatic music back? :/

Also the first outing of Red's mecha was massacred when cutting, making the scene look needlessly rushed. Please, stop doing that.
AtoMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2019, 05:43 AM #309
> Sladedalss
Tommy is God!

Sladedalss
Tommy is God!

AtoMan wrote: View Post

. Also, is that Kamiel's anticlimatic music back? :/
they are rotating composers every second episode apparently. So this weeks episode should be back to the guy who did the music for episode 1.
Sladedalss is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2019, 08:43 AM #310
> big smile
VIP Rider

big smile
VIP Rider

I thought Kamiel's trash music has been in every episode? They have new generic-but-okay music for the fights. But for the vast majority of other scenes, it's the same style of trash Noam Kamiel has been churning out since Samurai.
big smile is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2019, 09:07 AM #311
> AtoMan
Now read my post again

AtoMan
Now read my post again

Maybe they are contractually obligated to use his music to a certain extent? Oddly enough, his cues in Miraculous Ladybug didn't seem so bad to me, but the different feel of the show itself may have been a factor.

Either way, pretty much everything from Neo-Saban era has to go. Overtly childish acting, crappy music, MMPR pandering... The first episode was a step in a right direction, but it's still very much the same show and not the beloved (even if imperfect) one from before Saban took it back.
Old March 15th, 2019, 09:16 AM #312
> big smile
VIP Rider

big smile
VIP Rider

Noam wouldn't be that bad if he mixed up his style. But very often he reuses the same pieces from previous seasons. Is music that expensive? The'd be better of hiring someone from Fiver.com
Old March 15th, 2019, 09:38 AM #313
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Dino,a Wiz & a Wardrobe

AkaPrimoKanyeWest

AtoMan wrote: View Post

Oddly enough, his cues in Miraculous Ladybug didn't seem so bad to me, but the different feel of the show itself may have been a factor.
Because it's the exact same music every episode.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2019, 09:55 AM #314
> ⚡Sadsmileyface
Measuring up.

eBay
Sadsmileyface
Measuring up.

eBay

I... did not like this one as much.

As a piece of television... it's a mess.

-Evox is terrible. It's just a "BAH I'M EVIL" monster who's just manifested out of nowhere.
-The new character they meet (I never learned its name) is incredibly grating on the ears... just the worst dialogue and a horrible voice.
-The Buddyroids are dopey as hell but for some reason, dont come across as annoying as they should, possibly because of of the mediocrity surrounding them.
-I couldn't stop laughing at how stupid the Jackrabbit Buddyroid is as it's moving. It's just a stuttery, remote controlled car. "GROUP HUG!... except the yellow trashcan."
-Asian Bulk and Skull did that taser joke FOUR TIMES.
-A fucking dog COMES OUT OF NOWHERE and DIGS FOR NO REASON.
-The whole DNA mess. There's literally zero foreshadowing of it. It just happens, like a page was missing from the script. This is nuts for a show that had what, three writers? You're supposed to set up, play out and pay off. They did 1 out of 3- the middle part, incredibly.
-Jesus the ADR and score. Dreadful, but that's normal.

However

-Character conflict, even if it was super watered down.
-Red Ranger demonstrated that he was willing to be more than just an excited kid with new toys. Even though it was so broadly telegraphed that you could practically see it coming before the episode started, you can at least understand why he might the right man for the leader job (even though he's the least qualified and technically not the right man and we don't get told why being leader is such a big deal).

A big step down on the last episode. Judd Lynn has written more episodes than anyone else in PR history by a long, long shot. He's contributed more to the PRU than anyone and is undoubtedly one of it's most important assets. The three writers of this episode.... are not.

At least this episode taught me that Cheetahs are cats, Garfield doesn't like Mondays, Devon shits in a box in the kitchen. Because DNA.
Sadsmileyface is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2019, 10:13 AM #315
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest

AkaPrimoKanyeWest

Sadsmileyface wrote: View Post

The Buddyroids are dopey as hell but for some reason, dont come across as annoying as they should, possibly because of of the mediocrity surrounding them.
Barely being in the episode helped.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2019, 10:56 AM #316
> big smile
VIP Rider

big smile
VIP Rider

When Megaforce first started it was a breath of fresh air compared to the lazy translations of Samurai. But in the first episode, you could tell the Samurai way of doing things was still present and a couple of episodes in, the new direction succumbed to the old way. I am getting a similar vibe from Beast Morphers, especially from how this episode turned out. It feels like the show is going to quickly turn into NStl with better fights. Hopefully, I will be proven wrong.
Old March 15th, 2019, 11:01 AM #317
> Mr. Underachiever
Thenubucanplaywithoutside

Mr. Underachiever
Thenubucanplaywithoutside

Beast Morphers won't turn into Ninja Steel until we start getting excessive fart jokes.

Which, sadly, I feel will happen sooner than later.
Mr. Underachiever is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2019, 11:14 AM #318
> AtoMan
Now read my post again

AtoMan
Now read my post again

The gag was overplayed, but in the end made the comedy duo look more heroic than actual Rangers (except Red).

AkaPrimoKanyeWest wrote: View Post

Barely being in the episode helped.
Why did they feel adding that freaky voice effect was a good idea?
Old March 15th, 2019, 11:17 AM #319
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

big smile wrote: View Post

When Megaforce first started it was a breath of fresh air compared to the lazy translations of Samurai. But in the first episode, you could tell the Samurai way of doing things was still present and a couple of episodes in, the new direction succumbed to the old way. I am getting a similar vibe from Beast Morphers, especially from how this episode turned out. It feels like the show is going to quickly turn into NStl with better fights. Hopefully, I will be proven wrong.
Power Rangers is going to wind up with it's own take on the Sonic Cycle before long.
Cameron Samurai is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2019, 12:42 PM #320
> ⚡Sadsmileyface
Measuring up.

eBay
Sadsmileyface
Measuring up.

eBay

Well, I don’t think you’re wrong at all on that.
Sadsmileyface is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
dont fear puppers, yummy carrot munch munch