Old March 8th, 2019, 03:01 PM #1
> ⚡GreenNinja
Kiritsugu Time

GreenNinja
Kiritsugu Time

Beast Morphers: Episode 02 - "Evox's Revenge"

Evox's Revenge
Airs: Saturday, March 9th @ 08:00 AM on Nick

And here I thought "______'s Revenge" titles were saved for much later in a show's run.

---Standard Episode Discussion Rules---

1) Do NOT ask for downloads. Hasbro does not want us posting episode encodes here, so you're not allowed to talk about them at all. You will be warned at first, but repeated asking will result in an infraction. Episodes go live legally on Nick's app in the US, and can be watched there.

2) The thread will remain closed until the episode finishes airing. We do this to prevent play-by-play discussion. You'd be amazed to see how large a thread can get when everyone and their mother decides to post about each individual line dialogue or action of an individual. They threads can be tricky to navigate and we don't need them to be even trickier with tons of extra pages at the beginning. Rest assured that within a couple of minutes of the credits rolling the thread will be opened for all.

Note: If two new episodes air back-to-back there will be one thread opened at the conclusion of the second episode.

3) Do NOT start another thread. There is one thread for each episode. It will be created by a moderator and stickied to the top of the page prior to the episode airing so that it can be quickly opened for discussion. In the off chance that we are late or you're just too antsy to talk about the episode, please do not start another thread. It will be closed immediately and you will most likely receive an infraction.

4) Expect Spoilers It's going to happen folks, it's an episode discussion.
Spoilers are to be expected for Beast Morphers episodes, summaries, descriptions, cast list, and more. What we get about Power Rangers Beast Morphers is fair game.
However if you wish to talk about what happens in Go-Busters episodes not yet adapted by Beast Morphers, then you need to go use the Super Sentai of the Past thread to do so. No bringing up episodes that have only aired overseas, either. Use the international discussion thread for that, and stick to this episode.

If there are any further questions by all means ask away.
GreenNinja is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 06:32 AM #2
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

They brought back... previously on Power Rangers instead of narration? I am VERY okay with that.

This was another good episode. We had some conflict that wasn't because of some spell or something. It was actually just rangers having a disagreement, even letting it get in the way of their fights. And the ending was predictable, but it was enjoyable and it made sense. Devon and Blaze's rivalry is so great after last year's "Rivialry" kind of sucking. ("How about another another karate lesson?" "There's plenty I can teach you" Was such a good exchange) And Devon actually earned his leader title. That's a really good thing to add it. It's not automatically "Red=Leader"

They actually kept the weaknesses, and I like that. They changed Devon's from chickens to dogs, which is a little less goofy, and it has a good reason. They made them all come out at once in a way that went pretty smooth. Evox corrupted them enough to cause glitches. Devon freezing when he sees dogs because he has cat DNA is thinking I can appreciate. Just like carrots refueling Zoey instead of candy.

I already love the Beast Bots. All of them have good voices, and I wanna see more of them already. And I also like the new villain. (Scrozzle?) He seems interesting. And I wanna see who he's running from. I wish Blaze had some kind of Morph Call or a sequence like the others, but his morph was still pretty cool. He and Roxy actually got their keys used in the show.

And once again, I actually do like Ben and Betty. They do their best to help, and they're just not good at it, no matter how hard they try. It's also a good thing that they're not JUST security guards, they do odd jobs around the base. That makes sense.

I was hoping Kelson would be a certain other Beast Bot, but him as Cruise is great too.
AkaGreen is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old March 9th, 2019, 06:39 AM #3
> SacredWater
Power Ranger

SacredWater
Power Ranger

Evox's Revenge.

This was great from beginning to end. Amazingly, for once, the Rangers actually let the comic relief characters tag along, even though they're not part of the team. Also, it didn't take very long for them to find out the Rangers' identities. Others had to wait until near the end of the season. When Nate handed Zoey the carrot, and she nibbled it, I thought, "If she says, 'What's up, doc?', I'm leaving." Thankfully, she didn't.

This series looks to be the greatest one yet.
SacredWater is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 06:36 AM #4
> RangerPower2003
Power Ranger

RangerPower2003
Power Ranger

Good follow up episode. Not quite as great as last week, but still good.
RangerPower2003 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 06:37 AM #5
> Arectaris Returned
Power Ranger

Arectaris Returned
Power Ranger

Dear Hasbro,

What are you doing? Two weeks in a row and two good episodes? Don’t you realize that you’re supposed to create terrible episodes?

If the remainder of the season is half as good as the first two episodes, it’ll still be twice as good as Ninja Steel. And that’s not an exaggeration.

Anyway…

1.) I laughed at Ben and Betty. A comedic duo which… is incorporated into the story? I’m absolutely shocked.
2.) Those unmorphed fight scenes had great choreography. Was that all American footage? (It’s been a while since I watched Gobusters).
3.) I don’t like the voice of whatever Nick’s American name is. However, I much prefer the Beast Bots voices to Robo Knight’s metallic, Robocop light’s voice.
4.) Ravi is still the weakest actor. Devon and Zoey continue to amaze.
5.) Blaze does the evil ranger right. Even though we’re only two episodes in, probably the best we’ve ever had on that front.
6.) I’m surprised they didn’t edit out “Enertron” in the zord cockpicks. Minor quibble.
7.) Why would a cheetah be scared of a dog? That… doesn’t make any sense. Might as well kept the chicken.
8.) What happened to the MOTW? Unless I missed something, he wasn’t destroyed. He just… disappeared?
9.) You can tell the Gobusters footage is old. It seems Hasbro tried to shy away from some of the CGI, which is good.

Not as good as last week IMO, but still a solid episode.
Arectaris Returned is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 06:43 AM #6
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

Arectaris Returned wrote: View Post

7.) Why would a cheetah be scared of a dog? That… doesn’t make any sense. Might as well kept the chicken.
Simple "Cats are scared of dogs" logic. It makes more sense than the chicken, really.

MerCurryMeme wrote: View Post

And the best thing about the Cheeta Blaster? Literally a second of footage. <3
This is why I'm glad they kept the Go Busters cockpit. (Even if it does give Devon a Zyuoh Elephant helmet. )

If they keep it like that, I can live with zord footage again.
Old March 9th, 2019, 06:48 AM #7
> Arectaris Returned
Power Ranger

Arectaris Returned
Power Ranger

AkaGreen wrote: View Post

Simple "Cats are scared of dogs" logic. It makes more sense than the chicken, really.
I get what they were going for, but a cheetah has no reason to fear a dog.

The two don't normally interact, and a dog isn't going to prey on a cheetah. If anything, it's the dog which would be scared of the cheetah, as more than likely the cheetah would consider the dog a nice source of food.
Arectaris Returned is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 06:51 AM #8
> HOW1215
Power Ranger

HOW1215
Power Ranger

The two don't normally interact, and a dog isn't going to prey on a cheetah. If anything, it's the dog which would be scared of the cheetah, as more than likely the cheetah would consider the dog a nice source of food.
Nate said that cheetahs are basically cats and that would account for the dog weakness. Besides, having a dog run around makes more sense than having a wild chicken, unless they destroyed a chicken coop.
HOW1215 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 07:02 AM #9
> SirStack
Visit Morphylogeny!

eBay
SirStack
Visit Morphylogeny!

eBay

HOW1215 wrote: View Post

Nate said that cheetahs are basically cats
That's some Ben & Betty logic, right there. Nate's a genius and he thinks all cats are afraid of dogs on a DNA level? Whatever, I'm just glad they tied it into the corruption of the Morph-X in the first episode, which seemed to be brushed aside pretty easily last time.
SirStack is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 06:54 AM #10
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

It's Power Rangers. They aren't gonna use the most logic.

I'm just glad they actually put some thought into it.
Old March 10th, 2019, 01:37 PM #11
> ϟDecade
FINAL KAMEN ATTACK FORM RIDE: OWNER

Decade
FINAL KAMEN ATTACK FORM RIDE: OWNER

Reminding people of this rule:

1) Do NOT ask for downloads. Hasbro does not want us posting episode encodes here, so you're not allowed to talk about them at all. You will be warned at first, but repeated asking will result in an infraction. Episodes go live legally on Nick's app in the US, and can be watched there.
Decade is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2019, 09:29 AM #12
> RangerSentai
Power Ranger

RangerSentai
Power Ranger

Aside from the episode title being kind of a lie and Devon's love of video games being WAY too prominent, this episode is good. I'm really glad we have companion robots who contribute more to the plot more than Redbot ever did in Ninja Steel, and Ben and Betty are a major step up from... the other duo from Ninja Steel that I wouldn't be surprised if they were chosen to be Gold and Silver Rangers later on.

The thing I will have to get used to the most though: the intro being in the middle, which is admittedly a nice change of pace from past seasons.
RangerSentai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2019, 05:43 PM #13
> Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!

Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!

A pretty good follow up to the premiere, but I had a few gripes.

+I liked how they set up the rest of the villains with the Cyber Dimension and how they use Morph-X to power their monsters which explains why they don't just send an army.

-Roxy kinda just stayed back for most of the episode. Hopefully this doesn't become a trend.

+It was kinda neat to see a little bit of rivalry over who would become leader. I also liked how Devon earned his position as leader by bringing the team together.

-Ravi was way too eager to crown Devon as the leader. I would've liked to see a bit more tension there but it was just accepted too easily because everyone's gotta get along, right?

+The Beast Bots were pretty cool and the Zords were sic.

-The glitches were kinda lame. Why would a cheetah be afraid of a dog? It kinda ruined the tension to have Devon freeze up in battle over a cuddly looking dog. Is this something that's going to occur often?

+I liked that Blaze and Roxy still share their host memories and personalities. For instance, Blaze still being cocky.

+It's great to get more unmorphed fights. I hope we see more of that in the future. Although, it was a bit weird that Devon need to morph against morphed Blaze.

So yeah, overall a nice follow up but a step down from the premiere.
Poweranimals is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 06:37 AM #14
> Ninjasteel1987
Power Ranger

Ninjasteel1987
Power Ranger

Cruise is voiced by kelson Henderson- CALLED IT!
Ninjasteel1987 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 06:38 AM #15
> MerCurryMeme
Fear/Pain

MerCurryMeme
Fear/Pain

Keep 'em coming, episodes like these. Where I can just watch 'em and I'm pleasantly surprised.

THEY ADAPTED THE WEAKNESSES AND MADE THEM FIT THE ANIMAL NARRATIVE! So good! It was gonna cut out a good chunk of footage if they didn't.

...Ben and Betty have contributed and added to the show more than Victor and Monty did. I know, hurr durr low bar, but they HELPED. And the shock thing was kinda funny!

The Beast Bots, love 'em, they're basically like the Japanese counterparts so far.

And the best thing about the Cheeta Blaster? Literally a second of footage. <3

Just...keep at it, Beast Morphers. Stay good, consistent PR pls.
MerCurryMeme is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 06:39 AM #16
> HOW1215
Power Ranger

HOW1215
Power Ranger

Things just keep getting better.

- The focus was mainly on the leader aspect and it worked pretty well
- Zoey and Ravi's fight was clearly predicted from us
- The more I see Ben and Betty, they remind me of Boom and Clare and they actually interact with the team, showing that there's more to their characters then just comic relief, even though that was clearly the dimensional remote from DiD
- Blaze and Roxy in the other dimension remind me of Drakken and Shego, so far their acting could improve the most
- Scoggle has the exact same voice as Frax
- I thought it was funny how a dog scared Devon at first and the actual reasoning for why they acted so differently was done pretty well since the animal DNA was corrupted
- The music was done pretty well, although some scenes could've been better
- The morphing sequence was beautiful and we didn't see the grey zord room

Overall, the episode was great and it has room for more potential. 4/5
HOW1215 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 06:40 AM #17
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Hayate❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Hayate❤️💕

Campbell Cooley is Scrozzle
Kelson is Cruise
Charlie McDermott (Bigs in Megaforce as well as several MotW) is Smash
Emmett Skilton (Professor Strickler, Dreadwolf, Stabberous) is Jax
Xenotome is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old March 9th, 2019, 10:09 AM #18
> AkaCornSnackEtc
Give Praise Unto Me

AkaCornSnackEtc
Give Praise Unto Me

Xenotome wrote: View Post

Campbell Cooley is Scrozzle
Kelson is Cruise
Charlie McDermott (Bigs in Megaforce as well as several MotW) is Smash
Emmett Skilton (Professor Strickler, Dreadwolf, Stabberous) is Jax
He was a PR voice actor?!

That...that's awesome.
AkaCornSnackEtc is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 10:15 AM #19
> SonicBlueRanger
Power Ranger

SonicBlueRanger
Power Ranger

AkaCornSnackEtc wrote: View Post

He was a PR voice actor?!

That...that's awesome.
What else has he done?
SonicBlueRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 10:23 AM #20
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

Just watched it, im really satisfied so far. However it still does have some of the stench of neo saban that bugs me.

The good:
-Rangers have conflict without being under a spell? Sign me up.
-The sentai footage.. specifically the zords.. are awesome! How did bandai think this was unsellable?
-The commander is bad ass. Love her.
-the beast bots are funny and have great personalties so far.
-I guess ravi really doesnt like expressing emotions. Flawed characters? Yes!
-Yellow Ranger is a ball of energy.
-Devon is pretty cool.

The bad (just my opinions)
-The music is still crap
-The monster voices are horrible
-The instamorphs are nice but give us a proper morphing sequence.
-It’s morphin time needs to die. “Activate beast power” & “unleash the beast” is fine and more than enough.
-Ben & Betty. They Just seem unneeded to me but whatever
-When we can see the insides of their helmets. Dont really need that either unless it’s a real serious battle. Hope they dont overdo it like they did in ninja steel.
-A cheetah would not be afraid of a dog.

Can’t wait for ep 3!
mmprfan09 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
dont fear puppers, yummy carrot munch munch