Home Menu

Menu

Old June 24th, 2019, 02:33 AM #521
> BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

I think so far there's only been Toy Story Time Forgot and a Halloween special. Beyond that, there are little minute shorts from the Andy's room era (Toy Story Treats) that aired on Saturday Mornings when Gargoyles: The Goliath Chronicles was new. Then there's the wraparounds from the Buzz Lightyear animated movie.
BobbyDrake2000 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2019, 10:51 AM #522
> Activator
Power Ranger

Activator
Power Ranger

ranger_scout wrote: View Post

Okay, I'm sure that plenty of people feel that this movie had no reason to exist after the beautiful ending the third movie had. I know that I was clearly one of them. That being said:

This movie had an ending that was just as lovely and touching. For a moment I thought it was going to be difficult for Woody to say goodbye to Bo Peep all over again, but this time he actually had to say goodbye to Buzz, Jessie and the whole gang so he could be with Bo. I thought this ending was even more difficult than when Ralph and to so goodbye to his best pal Vanellope in Ralph Breaks the Internet. Both were satisfying, but at least Ralph and Vanellope would still stay in touch and they would try spend time together despite one of them moving away. I don't know if Woody will ever see his closest friends ever again, but at least he's happy being with the one he loves. The scene where he and Bo embraced after he decided to stick with her just melted my heart. Woody also giving Jessie his sheriff star was very nice.

What I also liked about this movie is that it was very funny. I was laughing and having a great time while watching it and so were my friends. It was also smart to begin the film by showing the day Bo Peep left because that was what was missing in the third one.

You think Gabby-Gabby is really bad, but she's simply misunderstood. I'm glad that she found someone to love her. Harmony didn't seem like the right girl for her because she already had too many toys and she didn't seem someone who would take care of her. Earlier she found Woody in the store and when she took him out to play, she never wondered what happened to him.

One thing I do find puzzling about Bonnie's character in this film is that she loved Woody very much in the last film and she promised Andy that she would look after him, but she just suddenly forgot he even existed. She would throw him in her closet often and I think she didn't even remember him at all after she went back home with her parents.
Bonnie's a 5-6 year old by the end of the film. As Woody said in this movie, Forky is the toy she needed to get through that part of her life. It's not ridiculous imo for a child to latch onto another toy or a few and forget some others...and there's no ill will or malicious intent behind it, it's just what they do.

BobbyDrake2000 wrote: View Post

Here's something I don't understand about Woody's past, and this is something that holds over from TS2
Woody was made and sold in the 1950's, and Andy was in the 90's. Yet Andy is the only owner that Woody ever talks about until Bonnie, but Andy's mom says he's a family heirloom. So... why doesn't Woody ever talk about Andy's mother/father (either of whom would have the previous owner) or Andy's grandfather? Did he just develop toy amnesia considering he doesn't remember his cowboy adventures like Buzz remembered being a Space Ranger? What was Woody doing for 30 years before Andy?
As per the SUper Carlin Bros. video, I was REALLY hoping a part of this movie would address Woody's past before Andy. I guess narratively, it would have affected his ability to move on, because then they would have to hang on the fact that he's transitioned between children before, but....maybe Andy is the first kid to actually play with Woody (where as before he was just a collectible?), or Andy putting his name and love into Woody means Woody would only remember him since none of his past owners did. /shrug, but I agree, it would have been cool to show his past.
Activator is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2019, 12:42 PM #523
> bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

Alitain wrote: View Post

I
There's also the fact that not all toys are just constantly aware. TS 2 didn't have Al's Toy Barn all partying when no one was around. The Barbies were active, but there was a wall of Buzzes that just chilled. Which again, could be a bit of sketchy logic on the writers' part, or whatever.

As for a future film. I think I'd prefer them to just stop now. I might be good with another little short or special.
i'd chalk it up to selective reasoning...whatever makes the plot work...that toy dump truck
that Woody uses to escape the camp playground didn't appear to be sentient...I could swear there was a firetruck or some vehicle in one of the previous movies that didn't have googly eyes that was moving around by itself...(would forky be alive if he didn't have eyes and a mouth? I guess so if Speak n Spell was alive...)

but what a weird world it is where humans can bequeath life to inanimate objects but not know they're doing that...

and the only future story I could think might have some resonance is a grown-up thirty-something Andy finding Woody again in some second-hand store...

or it was a government experiment that brought all the toys to life...

Last edited by bearytrek; June 24th, 2019 at 02:08 PM.
bearytrek is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2019, 02:12 PM #524
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

bearytrek wrote: View Post

i'd chalk it up to selective reasoning...whatever makes the plot work...that toy dump truck
that Woody uses to escape the camp playground didn't appear to be sentient...I could swear there was a firetruck or some vehicle in one of the previous movies that didn't have googly eyes that was moving around by itself...(would forky be alive if he didn't have eyes and a mouth?)

but what a weird world it is where humans can bequeath life to inanimate objects but not know they're doing that...

and the only future story I could think might have some resonance is a grown-up thirty-something Andy finding Woody again in some second-hand store...

or it was a government experiment that brought all the toys to life...
I feel like the fire truck you're thinking of was being driven by little egg people, or something of that nature. Or maybe I'm thinking of something else, can't say.

It kind of is a modern take on folklore about elves/brownies/etc etc that would live in homes and help the owners secretly. Except that in those, people didn't bring the elves to life, but we don't necessarily know how one toy over another awakens. I'd still say a good bet would be yeah, if someone actually plays with it as opposed to just sitting on store shelves, but like I mentioned we did see that the barbies in TS 2 in Al's Toy Barn were alive while other toys weren't. So I imagine that yeah, a bit of selective reasoning is in play. And that isn't really a bad thing. We don't need a hard and fast explanation for why toys are alive, it's the wonder and magic of it to just believe that they are.

I'll admit, I wondered going into the movie if they would put an adult Andy in say the carnival crowd as an easter egg to get fans in a tizzy. For all I know, they did and no one has caught on yet(seems unlikely in this day in age). I feel though if they did a fifth movie with lets say Woody & Bo on some adventure, that results in him coming across an adult Andy, assumedly with a kid of his own, it...wouldn't be a slap in the face but feel like it went against what happened in this one, with Woody happy about going on his own(so to speak). Or at least it'd feel too cheesy, and kind of false like it was just purposely orchestrated to yank the heartstrings. Fabricated if you will. But eh, all speculation.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2019, 05:24 PM #525
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger

ranger_scout
Power Ranger

The actual total for the film's opening weekend here in North America was actually $120.9 million. That's higher than initially reported and it's also just $700,000 shy of Shrek the Third's debut.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-million-debut
ranger_scout is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2019, 03:24 PM #526
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay

GoldAnyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2019, 07:40 PM #527
> CheckeredRanger
4000 posts of nothing

CheckeredRanger
4000 posts of nothing

DAMN IT!!!A perfect opportunity to make a Preston/Brody/Toy Story joke and I can`t think of one!!!!!

Eh,probably for the best
CheckeredRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2019, 09:14 PM #528
> bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

CheckeredRanger wrote: View Post

DAMN IT!!!A perfect opportunity to make a Preston/Brody/Toy Story joke and I can`t think of one!!!!!
epic fail!
bearytrek is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old June 30th, 2019, 09:29 PM #529
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger

ranger_scout
Power Ranger

My little brother who grew up with these films and had not seen the fourth one yet went to see it with me today in IMAX. He loved it and the ending was just as beautiful as I remembered. If you haven't this movie yet, you will most likely feel very satisfied and why it has a great chance of winning the Oscar for Best Animated movie.

Also, here's how Tom Hanks felt about saying goodbye to Woody once he had finished recording for this film.

Tom Hanks: Saying Goodbye To ‘Toy Story’ Character Woody Was Emotional

Last edited by ranger_scout; June 30th, 2019 at 09:34 PM.
Old July 3rd, 2019, 10:40 AM #530
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Disney have removed the Stinky Peter and Barbie twin blooper from Toy Story 2 from all future home and digital media re-releases

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a2...ed-re-release/
Cameron Samurai is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2019, 01:54 PM #531
> BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

Fortunately the scene is still on the previous 20 years worth of both VHS/DVD and Blu-Ray releases, Plus, you know, YouTube.
BobbyDrake2000 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2019, 08:57 PM #532
> Kyle16
Figuring it out

Kyle16
Figuring it out

BobbyDrake2000 wrote: View Post

I think so far there's only been Toy Story Time Forgot and a Halloween special. Beyond that, there are little minute shorts from the Andy's room era (Toy Story Treats) that aired on Saturday Mornings when Gargoyles: The Goliath Chronicles was new. Then there's the wraparounds from the Buzz Lightyear animated movie.
You're forgetting partysaurus rex, small fry, and hawaiian vacation.
Kyle16 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2019, 01:20 PM #533
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger

ranger_scout
Power Ranger

On Sunday, I went back to see it just one more time even though I will probably view it multiple times on home video. One of the reasons why I decided to go again was because I remember when Toy Story 3 was released at a time in my life when I was really starting to fully recover from something very bad I went though a year-and-a-half prior to seeing it. Lots of other good things did happen after that bad situation before I had seen that movie. I went on some great vacations, my sister got married and I went some amazing concerts and musicals. Plus, a lot of good TV shows and films were released from 2009-2010.

I'm feeling better after the depression I went through from late 2015 to early 2016. However, things at my job have gotten a little stressful at times over the past few years, especially from November 2017 to May 2018. It's just that I don't remember a movie that has made laugh and cry tears of joy in such a long time. It really is such a feel good movie and it making a positive impact on me helps me appreciate the good things that have actually happened to me and my family recently. I also love how evolved Bo has become over this series.
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old August 1st, 2019, 01:16 PM #534
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger

ranger_scout
Power Ranger

The movie crossed the $400 million mark at the North American box-office, which proves that it really has shown some strong staying power over the summer.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme.../#588e517257bc

Plus, the its worldwide total has pushed the franchise past $3 billion.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/travisb.../#74d017974071
Old August 15th, 2019, 10:04 AM #535
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger

ranger_scout
Power Ranger

The film will finally be crossing the $1 billion worldwide mark this week, which makes Disney the first ever studio to have five movies gross over $1 billion in one year.

https://deadline.com/2019/08/toy-sto...ne-1202668925/
Old August 15th, 2019, 10:12 AM #536
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

The film will finally be crossing the $1 billion worldwide mark this week, which makes Disney the first ever studio to have five movies gross over $1 billion in one year.

I know one obnoxious Youtuber friend of mine who'll be pleased about this (and he hasn't even seen it yet!)
Cameron Samurai is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2019, 10:23 AM #537
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

I suppose that will happen when you own an entire industry.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2019, 11:28 PM #538
> leolim
Power Ranger

leolim
Power Ranger

4 Reaching 1 billion is a start of a recovery for Disney from the Dark Pheonix bomb hope Frozen 2 and maybe the rise of skywalker reach 1 billion.
leolim is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2019, 03:34 PM #539
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

leolim wrote: View Post

4 Reaching 1 billion is a start of a recovery for Disney from the Dark Pheonix bomb hope Frozen 2 and maybe the rise of skywalker reach 1 billion.
Was Dark Phoenix even released under Disney? I mean I guess technically they own it now, but they didn't pay for it so it's not their money. What money it made(or didn't make) really doesn't mean a thing for them. So there's no 'start of recovery'.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2019, 03:51 PM #540
> leolim
Power Ranger

leolim
Power Ranger

Alitain wrote: View Post

Was Dark Phoenix even released under Disney? I mean I guess technically they own it now, but they didn't pay for it so it's not their money. What money it made(or didn't make) really doesn't mean a thing for them. So there's no 'start of recovery'.
https://www.cinemablend.com/news/247...terly-earnings
leolim is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote