Home Menu

Menu

Old July 12th, 2006, 02:28 PM #141
> Terra
A Knight's Tale

Terra
A Knight's Tale

Megaman0 wrote:
I HATE KIDDY GRADE and Gokusen is good very good even...
hmmm. only watched a couple of eps of kiddy grade, so what's the info on the hate?
Terra is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2006, 02:35 PM #142
> Icey
Sell out

Icey
Sell out

Kiddy Grade looked pretty good from what I've seen.
Icey is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2006, 02:57 PM #143
> Megaman0
Back from the dead...

eBay
Megaman0
Back from the dead...

eBay

Death Ultima wrote:
hmmm. only watched a couple of eps of kiddy grade, so what's the info on the hate?
personal stupid reasons...(that's why I said I hate Kiddy Grade)...
Megaman0 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2006, 10:44 AM #144
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Thought I'd post a link to one of the beswt final showdowns in an anime movie:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xSwE58i4b...rch=M.%20Bison
Dragonwolf Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2006, 10:45 AM #145
> Bradlee_Scott
Zach Quinto? Yes Please!!

Bradlee_Scott
Zach Quinto? Yes Please!!

... i like cardcaptors...
Bradlee_Scott is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2006, 10:47 AM #146
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

The original I take it?
Old July 14th, 2006, 10:58 AM #147
> Gx Red Ranger
Kuro ShiShi Rio!

Gx Red Ranger
Kuro ShiShi Rio!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubUq1EaU7Jw
tell me what you think of the opening clip Air-gear.
Gx Red Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2006, 11:01 AM #148
> Icey
Sell out

Icey
Sell out

Never saw Cardcaptor Sakura, but I do like the alternate universe in Tsubasa Chronicle.
Icey is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2006, 11:41 AM #149
> blackdragon
Am I too old for this?

blackdragon
Am I too old for this?

rangergod wrote:
What's wrong with the ending?

Nothing's wrong with it, I just don't like main characters not quite dying. Either die and look on from the great beyond or pull through at the last moment. Like I said, the ending was, unique in that Ed just crossed to another world and is looking for a way back, it just felt so...unfinished. Which is my complaint about most shows. Does that make any sense at all?

Dragonwolf Ranger wrote:
My buddies who are into it hate that vampire arc as well. Myself, not that much into it, but I like the theme song, Ichirin no Hana.
You konw, like you, I don't hate the vampire/bound/bounto/whatever the subtitles say this week, but it is killing me that two of my favorite shows (Bleach and Naruto) have so much filler. I mean, I've accidentally spoiled myself on the origin of Kakashi's sharigan and Ichigo's dad, and I doubt either of those will be showing up on in the subbed series (let's not even consider the dubbed versions for a least a couple of years) anytime soon.

Hyperdash wrote:
Other way around, the TV series came first. The OVAs were a half assed attempt at animating the Enshi arc of the manga.
Thanks. For half assed attempts, they did a good job of entertaining me with the bloodshed though. Especially that chick that got stabbed in the throat when he was a kid. Pretty fuckin' brutal.
blackdragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2006, 02:30 PM #150
> Virus
Power Ranger

Virus
Power Ranger

I finished watching Vandread this morning. I forgot how much I liked the series, and I just watched the first 4 eps of DNAngel, looks interesting
Virus is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2006, 11:05 AM #151
> Megaman0
Back from the dead...

eBay
Megaman0
Back from the dead...

eBay

For the fans of the series Black Lagoon is getting a second season

*Does a happy dance*
Old August 1st, 2006, 07:08 PM #152
> Merlin
The Blowing Wind Element

Merlin
The Blowing Wind Element

Ok, I just finished watching all the eps of Escaflowne. I really don't know what to think of the series as a whole. Someone told me to get into it because I love Tarot cards and Hitomi uses them, but they weren't that crucial.

The characters were ok, for the most part. I got to loathe Milerna because she just didn't seem to do anything besides be a romantic plot device to bounce around.

Dilandau's real identity came as a shock, of course. Way out of left field. But since the VA reminded me of Snowgel (was it hers?), I had somewhat of an idea. I knew right from the start that Folken would die. Sexy villains in anime always die.

Something in me wished Allen were the main male protagonist instead of Van, who seemed to go through the usual anime ropes of overly tragic hero finding himself. It's kind of why I didn't find Hitomi very appealing. She just seemed like the outsider who interfered in most situations because that's all she could do. She didn't grow as a character at all until the maybe last five episodes when her powers matured. The rest of the time it just felt like she was walking around brown nosing on every kingdom's business.

The mecha were pretty good. Escaflowne is definitely not visually appealing to me except when in dragon form. Scherazade was amazing to watch. The whole steampunk theme confused me. How come commoners didn't get any of the Atlantis technology yet all these big mechs are given to royalty? It said that everyone needed energists and levistones to power all their machines, how come their machines weren't better? It didn't seem to make sense.

The music irritated me after a while, especially that male chorus "Escaflowne" over and over again. I won't be dlding the soundtrack. The OP though was rather nice.

Lesbian catgirls? Ehh, why not.

It's supposedly a classic, but not much so to me. 7/10
Merlin is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2006, 09:32 PM #153
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

One thing that many dubs have over original, more beliveable foreigners (to Japan):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ43xH0JfC0

compared to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEoV15Dohbc
Old August 5th, 2006, 12:09 AM #154
> CobraMorphBT20
its all about Emmalina

CobraMorphBT20
its all about Emmalina

I watched Escaflowne a few years back, & dont really remember much of it, but from what I do, I recall never really caring if I ever saw it again. I got it just cause it was one of the few animes I knew of at the time, & I had seen a few epsidoes of it when it was on Fox kids. So I guess I just wanted to finish it. I bought it online, it was one of those all 26 episodes on 3 or 4 dvd bootlegs.

Personally, I have started to not like "action" anime. It always disapoints me. Using Naruto or DB/Z/GT as examples, they brag about abilites & shit, & then after charging them up for weeks, the fight is over in a few minutes. & then they talk again. I always heard Naruto had some cool fights, but no, so far it hasnt. Two episodes were the previews made it seem that Sakura would kick some ass, & all she did was cut her hair, or rearange her badge.

I would like an anime that had several epsidoes of just fighting. Throw down ass kicking. Justice Leauge Unlimted has had the best fight I have ever seen animated. Fights that last for half an epsidoe. & almost every episode. With Samurai Champloo or Peacemaker, you are lucky to get one fight to last 1/2 a minute every 4 episodes. Anime should stick with what it is good at, comedy. Like Azumanga Daioh, Cro High, Haru & Goo, Ninja Nonsence FMP Fumofuu.
CobraMorphBT20 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2006, 12:14 AM #155
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

CobraMorphBT20 wrote:
I watched Escaflowne a few years back, & dont really remember much of it, but from what I do, I recall never really caring if I ever saw it again. I got it just cause it was one of the few animes I knew of at the time, & I had seen a few epsidoes of it when it was on Fox kids. So I guess I just wanted to finish it. I bought it online, it was one of those all 26 episodes on 3 or 4 dvd bootlegs.

Personally, I have started to not like "action" anime. It always disapoints me. Using Naruto or DB/Z/GT as examples, they brag about abilites & shit, & then after charging them up for weeks, the fight is over in a few minutes. & then they talk again. I always heard Naruto had some cool fights, but no, so far it hasnt. Two episodes were the previews made it seem that Sakura would kick some ass, & all she did was cut her hair, or rearange her badge.

I would like an anime that had several epsidoes of just fighting. Throw down ass kicking. Justice Leauge Unlimted has had the best fight I have ever seen animated. Fights that last for half an epsidoe. & almost every episode. With Samurai Champloo or Peacemaker, you are lucky to get one fight to last 1/2 a minute every 4 episodes. Anime should stick with what it is good at, comedy. Like Azumanga Daioh, Cro High, Haru & Goo, Ninja Nonsence FMP Fumofuu.
With fighting anime it depends. Last week I rented the first dvds of two fighting series: "Ikki Tousen" and "Tenjho Tenge". Of them, I liked Tenjho Tenge more as Ikki Tousen had seemed to glorify itself on panty shots.
Old August 5th, 2006, 05:56 AM #156
> Megaman0
Back from the dead...

eBay
Megaman0
Back from the dead...

eBay

Isn't Tenjho Tenge worse?(well at least the manga is I only saw 3 eps of the anime and thought they butchered it)
Old August 5th, 2006, 07:38 AM #157
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Megaman0 wrote:
Isn't Tenjho Tenge worse?(well at least the manga is I only saw 3 eps of the anime and thought they butchered it)
Are you talking about how the English manga had some censoring, or how the anime isn't exactly like the manga?
Old August 5th, 2006, 07:59 AM #158
> Megaman0
Back from the dead...

eBay
Megaman0
Back from the dead...

eBay

Dragonwolf Ranger wrote:
Are you talking about how the English manga had some censoring, or how the anime isn't exactly like the manga?
Well the manga is mediocre to bad but was saved by it's excessive violence,sex and fanservice they toned it down a lot in the anime so the anime was mediocre to bad...
Old August 7th, 2006, 11:16 AM #159
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Anyone here ever see Barefoot Gen?
Old August 7th, 2006, 11:25 AM #160
> yami senshi youkaiou
MCU Darkhawk

yami senshi youkaiou
MCU Darkhawk

Dragonwolf Ranger wrote:
Anyone here ever see Barefoot Gen?
I read the manga, needless to say depictions of melting people, even ones some folks consider artistically dated freak me out.
yami senshi youkaiou is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote