Home Menu

Menu


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 8th, 2006, 01:18 PM #181
Dragonwolf Ranger's Avatar
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 21,380
Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force
Dragonwolf Ranger's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 21,380



I have to also say I was shocked when I found out Superbook and Flying House were animes. Especially when you think how the former was one of the few that was allowed to show upper female nudity.
Dragonwolf Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2006, 11:36 AM #182
Multiple Man's Avatar
> ⚡Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 18,650
Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly
Multiple Man's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 18,650



The only surprise I ever got was Sailor Moon. And that was because I didn't even know there WAS such a thing as japanese anime at the time. Someone at school just randomly said "It's a japanese show" and I was just like "What??"

Later, I figured it out that they dubbed it over in english, and recognized the unique style of art. So, when I saw stuff like DBZ and Ronin Warriors, I knew immediately it was anime.

From then on, I watched almost no US animated programming. It just couldn't compete, stylistically, storywise, whatever.
Multiple Man is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2006, 11:44 AM #183
blackdragon's Avatar
> blackdragon
Am I too old for this?
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 738
blackdragon
Am I too old for this?
blackdragon's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 738



Tristanism wrote:
From then on, I watched almost no US animated programming. It just couldn't compete, stylistically, storywise, whatever.
I wouldn't go so far as to make that claim, but I understand where you're coming from. I like a little continuity and most American cartoons are just collections of episodes that have nothing to do with one another unless they want to bring back a popular character or have a multi-parter. I can't stand when a character has a certain talent, for example singing ability, then two episodes later they can't. Stuff like that. Also, a lot of people my age and older find it down right un-American that I can't stand 98% of Tom and Jerry episodes and about 80% (closer to 99% when Bugs is involved) of Looney Tunes. Even at the tender age of 4 or 5 I couldn't stand how nothing bad ever happened to Bugs. Like Elmer would shoot Daffey and his fuckin' face would fall off, but he'd shoot Bugs and he'd no sell it like Goldberg during his undefeated streak.
blackdragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2006, 11:49 AM #184
Multiple Man's Avatar
> ⚡Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 18,650
Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly
Multiple Man's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 18,650



LOL! nice
Multiple Man is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2006, 12:00 PM #185
Dragonwolf Ranger's Avatar
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 21,380
Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force
Dragonwolf Ranger's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 21,380



blackdragon wrote:
I wouldn't go so far as to make that claim, but I understand where you're coming from. I like a little continuity and most American cartoons are just collections of episodes that have nothing to do with one another unless they want to bring back a popular character or have a multi-parter. I can't stand when a character has a certain talent, for example singing ability, then two episodes later they can't. Stuff like that. Also, a lot of people my age and older find it down right un-American that I can't stand 98% of Tom and Jerry episodes and about 80% (closer to 99% when Bugs is involved) of Looney Tunes. Even at the tender age of 4 or 5 I couldn't stand how nothing bad ever happened to Bugs. Like Elmer would shoot Daffey and his fuckin' face would fall off, but he'd shoot Bugs and he'd no sell it like Goldberg during his undefeated streak.
You would've liked the Back in Action movie where Elmer finally blasts Bugs then.

On another note, while watching Pee Wee's Playhouse last night, it said that they'll be showing Shin-Chan on AS.
Dragonwolf Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2006, 05:21 PM #186
Dragonwolf Ranger's Avatar
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 21,380
Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force
Dragonwolf Ranger's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 21,380



On a sad not, I just read that the actor who in Japanese played Tenshinhan, Saito on Kenshin, and Bright Noa from Mobile Suit Gundam has passed away.
Dragonwolf Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2006, 01:00 PM #187
Dragonwolf Ranger's Avatar
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 21,380
Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force
Dragonwolf Ranger's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 21,380



So has anyone here watched Chobits or any Clamp series?
Dragonwolf Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2006, 01:06 PM #188
Ryoutarou's Avatar
> Ryoutarou
Dot
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 11,323
Ryoutarou
Dot
Ryoutarou's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 11,323



I have, I thought the anime was really weak compared to the manga. Read the manga instead. If you want really good CLAMP stuff, I'd say Angelic Layer is a good start.
Ryoutarou is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2006, 01:07 PM #189
Terra's Avatar
> Terra
A Knight's Tale
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,051
Terra
A Knight's Tale
Terra's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,051



i heard that eureka is going to the death timeslot this satuday, and trinity blood, and bleach will be on next month. well the last part is old news, but eureka going to the last slot is bad, really bad, really really really bad!
Terra is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2006, 01:09 PM #190
Dragonwolf Ranger's Avatar
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 21,380
Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force
Dragonwolf Ranger's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 21,380



Read a lot of the manga and seen the entire series. My friend who I borrowed the dvds from told me of the differences like Yumi not being the pub owner's daughter and more fanservice. Though he was pissed that Tokyopop calle Sumomo "Plum". Even though he knew it was the translation, he was still mad about it.
Dragonwolf Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2006, 02:12 PM #191
> Izzy
世界の破壊者
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 10,406
Izzy
世界の破壊者
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 10,406



Dragonwolf Ranger wrote:
So has anyone here watched Chobits or any Clamp series?
I love Cardcaptor Sakura!
Izzy is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2006, 02:14 PM #192
Ryoutarou's Avatar
> Ryoutarou
Dot
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 11,323
Ryoutarou
Dot
Ryoutarou's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 11,323



Dragonwolf Ranger wrote:
Read a lot of the manga and seen the entire series. My friend who I borrowed the dvds from told me of the differences like Yumi not being the pub owner's daughter and more fanservice. Though he was pissed that Tokyopop calle Sumomo "Plum". Even though he knew it was the translation, he was still mad about it.
Small stuff like that never bothered me. If they can find a proper translation, they should use it.
Ryoutarou is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2006, 09:28 PM #193
Dragonwolf Ranger's Avatar
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 21,380
Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force
Dragonwolf Ranger's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 21,380



So what are people's thoughts on this show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gawNjcnVfIM
Dragonwolf Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2006, 09:32 PM #194
Icey's Avatar
> Icey
Sell out
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 9,761
Icey
Sell out
Icey's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 9,761



One of the greatest animes ever.
Icey is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2006, 09:35 PM #195
Dragonwolf Ranger's Avatar
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 21,380
Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force
Dragonwolf Ranger's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 21,380



I love Osaka and Chiyo's English voices. Why is it the cute little girl always has such a cute English voice? It's the same with Sasami.
Dragonwolf Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2006, 09:42 PM #196
> ⚡McAster
I engage in motion
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 18,938
McAster
I engage in motion
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 18,938



I enjoy Azumanga Daioh.

It's one of the few where I think the show was better then the comic.

Tomo has good horror stories.
McAster is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2006, 06:38 AM #197
Megaman0's Avatar
> Megaman0
Back from the dead...
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 11,182
eBay
Megaman0
Back from the dead...
Megaman0's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 11,182
eBay



School Rumble is also quite enjoyable it's similar to Azumanga Daioh(only this anime also focusses on boys).

I love them both and they are both two favorites of mine.
Megaman0 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2006, 09:18 AM #198
jaguarranger's Avatar
> jaguarranger
Proud Wii U owner
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,650
jaguarranger
Proud Wii U owner
jaguarranger's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,650



Dragonwolf Ranger wrote:
So what are people's thoughts on this show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gawNjcnVfIM
One of my favorite series ever! I have the entire series.


Dragonwolf Ranger wrote:
I love Osaka and Chiyo's English voices. Why is it the cute little girl always has such a cute English voice? It's the same with Sasami.
Have to disagree with you on this one. I don't really care for their English voices. I'm not some elitist subtitle snob, but IMO, Osaka and Chiyo's English VAs don't come anywhere close to the original seiyuus.


Anyone have any opinions of Kaleido Star? I've been thinking about picking it up.
jaguarranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2006, 11:02 AM #199
Dragonwolf Ranger's Avatar
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 21,380
Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force
Dragonwolf Ranger's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 21,380



Something that they should've had here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n4QTHdheaA

Much better than bad rap song.
Dragonwolf Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2006, 11:06 AM #200
Vash the Stampede's Avatar
> Vash the Stampede
Konga line
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,652
Vash the Stampede
Konga line
Vash the Stampede's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,652



Dragonwolf Ranger wrote:
Something that they should've had here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n4QTHdheaA

Much better than bad rap song.
4Kids shouldn't have touched One Piece at all. Or Kinnikuman Nisei for that matter. (But, they did a good job with Sonic X and Yu-Gi-Oh)
Vash the Stampede is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Post Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:03 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.