Home Menu

Menu


View Poll Results: Favorite Disney Princess
Snow White 6 6.59%
Snow White
6 6.59%
Cinderella 12 13.19%
Cinderella
12 13.19%
Aurora 7 7.69%
Aurora
7 7.69%
Ariel 24 26.37%
Ariel
24 26.37%
Belle 21 23.08%
Belle
21 23.08%
Jasmine 30 32.97%
Jasmine
30 32.97%
Pocahontas 5 5.49%
Pocahontas
5 5.49%
Mulan 23 25.27%
Mulan
23 25.27%
Tiana 13 14.29%
Tiana
13 14.29%
Rapunzel 15 16.48%
Rapunzel
15 16.48%
Merida 5 5.49%
Merida
5 5.49%
Anna 11 12.09%
Anna
11 12.09%
Elsa 19 20.88%
Elsa
19 20.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Votes: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 12th, 2015, 09:50 PM #141
Batfan19's Avatar
> Batfan19
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 252
Batfan19
Power Ranger
Batfan19's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 252



Primo David Frank wrote: View Post

It's at this point I'd ask where you're actually hearing all of this misinformation to begin with. I haven't been exposed to it once ever, or at least didn't recognize it when I was.

Though, the entire original point would be to recognize that there is a problem. If someone sees nothing wrong with the world around them, they're far more inclined to believe anyone complaining is simply being a whiner.
Just do a Google search bro, and you'll find something pertaining to feminazis when searching for things related to feminism.

There is a problem. And the world we live in is FAR from perfect. I don't see why just because I don't see something from your exact perspective, it means that I think there's nothing wrong with the world, and that people are just whining.
Batfan19 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2015, 10:02 PM #142
Titanium321's Avatar
> ⚡Titanium321
Moderator
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 31,824
Titanium321
Moderator
Titanium321's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 31,824



Batfan19 wrote: View Post

feminazis
You really need to stop using that word like it's not an offensive slur and is something you can actually say without sounding like an ignorant fool who deserves to be insulted.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2015, 10:28 PM #143
JNTA1234's Avatar
> JNTA1234
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 3,038
JNTA1234
Power Ranger
JNTA1234's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 3,038



Myzou wrote: View Post

Giselle wasn't selfish, even though she's not an official Disney Princess, due to the whole Amy Adams likeness thing.
I wouldn't want her in the franchise. She's clearly supposed to be an affectionate parody. Plus, she looks way too much like Ariel.
JNTA1234 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2015, 10:46 PM #144
Batfan19's Avatar
> Batfan19
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 252
Batfan19
Power Ranger
Batfan19's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 252



Titanium321 wrote: View Post

But... they do speak up. You're just not looking at them or seeking their side of the argument. You're finding the negative and sticking with it, and the wrong idea they are connected at all to feminism given to you by those who are not with feminism. You're still kind of defending the negative as valid here, because you heard it first or only know about it without finding the positive voice. You do understand what's been explained right, that the voice you've been thinking was feminism is not feminism and is total misinformation.



Commenting and being part of the conversation are two different things. You want to comment, that's what you've done really, throw your 2 cents in and be done. If you want to converse, you need to know what you're talking about or be willing to learn during the conversation not stop at the comment.

You don't seem to accept the criticism when erroneous though, as we go back to how you're still trying to defend the wrong association to Feminism even after it's been explained away.



No. They are not. That's the point and criticism I've been making that you don't seem to accept.


Female Empowerment is different from whatever the fuck you think Feminazis are. Empowerment is not oppression, that you think it is tells me you don't understand anything you're talking about at all and may just be repeating rhetoric you've been told somewhere else. You're just saying factually false things at this point and acting as if they can be subjective when they are not.



The use of the term Alpha Male doesn't even understand the basic biology of a pack system that uses class tiers. It's built on false narrative from the very name.

Those who are for the cause of feminism have clearly defined it. Just because you get confused by misinformation and manipulation from outside forces does not mean they have failed at defining their cause.



If you're back to semantics, just stop. The word has meaning and a point, you deciding to misinterpret it does not change the definition. The cause has never been turned into something other than equality, those are different causes you're confusing them with. That is on you and your anecdotal experiences, not the cause of feminism itself.



No. They are not. It is that simple. You haven't ignored any misinformation. You continue to be misinformed and deny the actual information out of what, paranoia and mistrust? At that point you've left the conversation and entered into a new one about perception and reality. In which case, I recommend not continuing to talk about a subject you are confused by until you can get over your own issues.



It's not really valid if it's not given. It's hypothetical and imaginary until you voice it and make it real. Even if I disagree with it, you've made an argument you can defend your stance on, which is validation. Without that, you have no validation to begin with.

So if you want the conversation to continue, you really need to give an example otherwise I'm going to be left thinking you have none and are just paranoid or ignorant. Otherwise the conversation hits a dead end and can go no further.
The bad is outweighing the good, in this case. Whether you like it or not, feminism is more often associated with the dark side I have been talking about, than not. You don't have to acknowledge it, but it's there.

If you have a problem with my commenting you don't have to start a discussion. It seems the best way to avoid an argument is to just ignore what you don't agree with, especially when you realize nothing will come from a potential "discussion". Stop acting like you're my parent, and belittling me.

You've explained nothing to me, Titanium. You've simply told me how you perceive something, and are claiming it is absolute fact.

Whether you want to believe they are or not, is up to you. A quick Google search will explain what I think feminazis are, if you're curious. Empowerment can easily turn into oppression if some people give it a chance to do so. All you're doing is using what you personally believe as "factual" information. Perhaps you think I'm doing the same, and I'll just roll with it.

Well, we can agree on the Alpha Male thing. There's no disagreeing there.

Even if they have, their definition has been warped. I'm not confused by anything, again, I'm going off of what I've seen and assessed myself.

You choosing to believe only the positive aspects of the cause don't erase the negatives. I feel there's a better cause out there, that benefits EVERYONE. If you want to jump behind the "easier" one to follow, that's your business.

I'm certainly not paranoid (unless you think things I have a bad feeling about in my gut constitutes as paranoia, then fine, whatever) and like I said before, trust is earned. Oh please school me on what is "perceived" and what is "real". I recommend you do the same, as there's things in this very thread you have issues with, that you haven't properly dealt with. I'll do it if you do it.

You're absolutely right in this instance (Thank God, we finally found the most solid thing in this discussion we can agree on). I fucked up whenever I threw something out there (a personal feeling) and didn't give a more defined example, and I've been regretting it ever since. That's where this discussion went to Hell, as far as I'm concerned.

Don't worry Titanium, I've been wanting to end this conversation for a couple of replies now ever since I realized that I didn't have the means to match your counter arguments brought forth from me rustling your feathers, and that amounts to me not wanting to waste my time looking for an example to justify myself to a person I will probably never meet in person, and in turn am basically wasting my time conversing with on a subject we clearly don't agree on, and ultimately it doesn't really matter, as neither of us are within each other's immediate lives, and as fun as Internet conversing can be, unless you really know who you're talking to, it's all just pissing in the wind when it's all said and done.

So, my apologies for bringing a line of thought to the table that really derailed the topic of the thread, and has lead to this pointless debate. If you want to think I'm ignorant for not seeing eye to eye with you, that's cool. Wouldn't be the first time in our current society for somebody to be labelled as such just because they don't stand with the person who's accusing them of being as such. Carry on believing what you want to, and may it benefit your life in the process.

Titanium321 wrote: View Post

You really need to stop using that word like it's not an offensive slur and is something you can actually say without sounding like an ignorant fool who deserves to be insulted.
For the people who match the description of feminazis, it is not an offensive slur. If you think I think ALL Feminists are feminazis, then you're dead wrong. Here's the definition, from Merriam-Webster:

Definition of FEMINAZI

: an extreme or militant feminist

I was wondering who would resort to name-calling first, however mild. Guess I know now. Like I stated above, I'm done with this debate. So before we both get too pissed, let's end it, okay?

JNTA1234 wrote: View Post

I wouldn't want her in the franchise. She's clearly supposed to be an affectionate parody. Plus, she looks way too much like Ariel.
I can get behind that. Amy Adams would have made a great live-action Ariel, once upon a time...

Last edited by Batfan19; April 12th, 2015 at 11:05 PM.
Batfan19 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2015, 10:53 PM #145
JNTA1234's Avatar
> JNTA1234
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 3,038
JNTA1234
Power Ranger
JNTA1234's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 3,038



How do you guys feel about Esmeralda from Hunchback of Notre Dame and Megara from Hercules? I'm a little sad that they're not in the line-up but I understand why. Megara was a villain and the way she's drawn would look kinda wacky compared to the other princesses. Esmeralda's movie is a little too mature, even her signature is about God. In the end neither of their films made the big bucks necessary, which we all know is the real reason. Anyway, Esme and Meg will always be my favorite unofficial girls.
JNTA1234 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2015, 10:55 PM #146
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 17,896
AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 17,896



JNTA1234 wrote: View Post

I wouldn't want her in the franchise. She's clearly supposed to be an affectionate parody. Plus, she looks way too much like Ariel.
Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty, and to a lesser extent, Rapunzel.

Belle is essentially a Brunette Cinderella.
AkaUnlovedFyntabulous is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2015, 10:57 PM #147
JNTA1234's Avatar
> JNTA1234
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 3,038
JNTA1234
Power Ranger
JNTA1234's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 3,038



Myzou wrote: View Post

Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty, and to a lesser extent, Rapunzel.

Belle is essentially a Brunette Cinderella.
I can understand Cinderella and Aurora but Belle and Rapunzel? I don't see that.
JNTA1234 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2015, 10:58 PM #148
Batfan19's Avatar
> Batfan19
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 252
Batfan19
Power Ranger
Batfan19's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 252



JNTA1234 wrote: View Post

How do you guys feel about Esmeralda from Hunchback of Notre Dame and Megara from Hercules? I'm a little sad that they're not in the line-up but I understand why. Megara was a villain and the way she's drawn would look kinda wacky compared to the other princesses. Esmeralda's movie is a little too mature, even her signature is about God. In the end neither of their films made the big bucks necessary, which we all know is the real reason. Anyway, Esme and Meg will always be my favorite unofficial girls.
Despite what you pointed out, I think they should be included. Meg was a reluctant villain, and Esme, despite whatever religious controversies there may be, should still be included. After all, they're Disney heroines. Maybe they should be relabelled "heroines", or there should be categories. One for Princesses & one for Heroines.
Batfan19 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2015, 11:08 PM #149
JNTA1234's Avatar
> JNTA1234
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 3,038
JNTA1234
Power Ranger
JNTA1234's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 3,038



I never understood why people make such a big deal about the princess title. Majority of the characters are princesses so we call it "Disney Princess". Just like how we call the Dinozords the Dinzozords even though the Sabertooth Tiger and Mastodon are there because most of them are dinosaurs and Dinozord is just a better name than Prehistoric creaturezord.

This is the same situation here, we call it Disney Princess even though Mulan and Pocahontas are in it because majority of them are princesses anyway and "Disney Princess" is just the best name to use.
JNTA1234 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2015, 11:12 PM #150
Batfan19's Avatar
> Batfan19
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 252
Batfan19
Power Ranger
Batfan19's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 252



JNTA1234 wrote: View Post

I never understood why people make such a big deal about the princess title. Majority of the characters are princesses so we call it "Disney Princess". Just like how we call the Dinozords the Dinzozords even though the Sabertooth Tiger and Mastodon are there because most of them are dinosaurs and Dinozord is just a better name than Prehistoric creaturezord.

This is the same situation here, we call it Disney Princess even though Mulan and Pocahontas are in it because majority of them are princesses anyway and "Disney Princess" is just the best name to use.
You're right. I, personally, have no qualm with it. There are people that do, as they might find it demeaning to certain characters.
Batfan19 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2015, 11:47 PM #151
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon's Avatar
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
We've lost EVERY design!!
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 81,707
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
We've lost EVERY design!!
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 81,707



Batfan19 wrote: View Post

Just do a Google search bro, and you'll find something pertaining to feminazis when searching for things related to feminism.

There is a problem. And the world we live in is FAR from perfect. I don't see why just because I don't see something from your exact perspective, it means that I think there's nothing wrong with the world, and that people are just whining.
Because you're the one who said the militant view is the one you hear the most. But if you do a Google search to find that, of course you're going to find exactly what you're arguing is the majority viewpoint. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

The point I was making is that feminism is a perfectly valid movement, just like many others, and no matter what movement anyone can think of, there will always be those who pervert it and turn it into something ugly. To believe that the original intent was the extreme one is to play right into the hands of the distortion.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2015, 06:06 AM #152
Random's Avatar
> Random
The Lizard Queen
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,261
Random
The Lizard Queen
Random's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,261



Batfan19 wrote: View Post

Whether you want to believe they are or not, is up to you. A quick Google search will explain what I think feminazis are, if you're curious. Empowerment can easily turn into oppression if some people give it a chance to do so. All you're doing is using what you personally believe as "factual" information. Perhaps you think I'm doing the same, and I'll just roll with it.
The same could be said for religion (or basically ANY other subject). A quick google search of that will bring up people with militant and hateful views on everything that doesn't conform to their own personal little world view.

You sound very ignorant of the entire subject and most of your comments here come off as pretty offensive.
Random is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2015, 06:51 AM #153
Titanium321's Avatar
> ⚡Titanium321
Moderator
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 31,824
Titanium321
Moderator
Titanium321's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 31,824



Batfan19 wrote: View Post

The bad is outweighing the good, in this case. Whether you like it or not, feminism is more often associated with the dark side I have been talking about, than not. You don't have to acknowledge it, but it's there.
But it's not. You're going out of your way to find the so called dark side and then you're the one associating it to feminism. And then when the truth is explained, you deny it and call it subjective. You are willingly denying it and willingly being ignorant on the subject just to support your existing argument. An argument you admit to making without fully understanding the subject, only the misinformation you've been exposed to, which again, you are denying is misinformation at this point. I get you don't see that, so we've hit a dead end here.

For the people who match the description of feminazis, it is not an offensive slur.
Even fitting the definition, it's still a slur. Your use of it has been offensive and your defense of it has been offensive. I get you don't see that. But you have been offensive.


JNTA1234 wrote: View Post

How do you guys feel about Esmeralda from Hunchback of Notre Dame and Megara from Hercules? I'm a little sad that they're not in the line-up but I understand why. Megara was a villain and the way she's drawn would look kinda wacky compared to the other princesses. Esmeralda's movie is a little too mature, even her signature is about God. In the end neither of their films made the big bucks necessary, which we all know is the real reason. Anyway, Esme and Meg will always be my favorite unofficial girls.
Esmeralda and Megara aren't princesses. I feel like it's that simple.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2015, 11:01 PM #154
Batfan19's Avatar
> Batfan19
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 252
Batfan19
Power Ranger
Batfan19's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 252



Primo David Frank wrote: View Post

Because you're the one who said the militant view is the one you hear the most. But if you do a Google search to find that, of course you're going to find exactly what you're arguing is the majority viewpoint. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

The point I was making is that feminism is a perfectly valid movement, just like many others, and no matter what movement anyone can think of, there will always be those who pervert it and turn it into something ugly. To believe that the original intent was the extreme one is to play right into the hands of the distortion.
I don't go looking for it, I just find it.

I agree with that. Tell you what, I'll re-evaluate my focus on the bad/dark side of feminism and try listening to the positives more often. That being said, I still feel there's a better cause, illustrated below:


Titanium321 wrote: View Post

But it's not. You're going out of your way to find the so called dark side and then you're the one associating it to feminism. And then when the truth is explained, you deny it and call it subjective. You are willingly denying it and willingly being ignorant on the subject just to support your existing argument. An argument you admit to making without fully understanding the subject, only the misinformation you've been exposed to, which again, you are denying is misinformation at this point. I get you don't see that, so we've hit a dead end here.



Even fitting the definition, it's still a slur. Your use of it has been offensive and your defense of it has been offensive. I get you don't see that. But you have been offensive.
I don't go out of my way to find anything, I just find it, and view it accordingly. I've seen the positives of feminism. But I feel the negatives are hurting it too much. Again, your truth is subjective, you are willingly denying what I have pointed out, so I guess we're guilty of the same thing. And the argument I made about feminism wasn't the one I was speaking of. I was talking about the tropes in classic Disney films. That's the argument I was referring to, that I admitted I had no examples to support it with.

Yeah, well people get offended in life, it's bound to happen sometime to all of us (whether the cause of the offense was valid or not), and from what I can gather, you get a little too easily offended by some things, so since I don't want to get banned for expressing my opinion (however non-thorough), I will withdraw myself from this argument. No hard feelings, and best of wishes to you.

Random wrote: View Post

The same could be said for religion (or basically ANY other subject). A quick google search of that will bring up people with militant and hateful views on everything that doesn't conform to their own personal little world view.

You sound very ignorant of the entire subject and most of your comments here come off as pretty offensive.
Go ahead, be offended. Seems to be the "in" thing. In any case, I'm not going to argue about this any further. You can dislike my views all you want.

Last edited by Batfan19; April 13th, 2015 at 11:01 PM.
Batfan19 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2015, 09:59 AM #155
Titanium321's Avatar
> ⚡Titanium321
Moderator
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 31,824
Titanium321
Moderator
Titanium321's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 31,824



Batfan19 wrote: View Post

I don't go looking for it, I just find it.
But how? That's kind of the question you're dancing around. You say do a google search but when done what you say will be found is not. So how exactly do you find this rhetoric you get?

I agree with that. Tell you what, I'll re-evaluate my focus on the bad/dark side of feminism and try listening to the positives more often. That being said, I still feel there's a better cause, illustrated below:
I don't understand your point here. Because you found one picture of a woman liking the term egalitarianism better than feminism, what exactly does that prove or mean? It just seems like an argument about semantics.

I've seen the positives of feminism. But I feel the negatives are hurting it too much.
This is a circle now. You're calling the things you've been mislabeling or misinformed as feminism negative to feminism. It is not subjective that those things are not actually part of the feminism concept, that is just a fact you're either ignoring or don't believe. So, for the umpteenth time, those things you're calling negative are not actually part of feminism and that is a fact. Why do you think otherwise?

Yeah, well people get offended in life, it's bound to happen sometime to all of us (whether the cause of the offense was valid or not), and from what I can gather, you get a little too easily offended by some things, so since I don't want to get banned for expressing my opinion (however non-thorough), I will withdraw myself from this argument. No hard feelings, and best of wishes to you.
Don't be a coward. No one will ban you for your opinion alone, just breaking the rules. The worst I will do is look down or think less of you. I'd rather have a conversation.

The thing about offending people, though, is that there are consequences to it. You give the impression those don't matter. That if people are offended, "that doesn't matter, so what, screw them for being offended, I should say whatever I want and screw the consequences of offending people."

I understand you either don't get why it's offensive or don't care. More likely though it feels like its don't care and that's the problem with offensive slurs. If you don't care that it's offensive to use those words, the you're kind of being offensive just for the sake of offensiveness, not even having a point to it. At least purposefully offensive language has a point.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2015, 12:51 AM #156
Batfan19's Avatar
> Batfan19
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 252
Batfan19
Power Ranger
Batfan19's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 252



Titanium321 wrote: View Post

But how? That's kind of the question you're dancing around. You say do a google search but when done what you say will be found is not. So how exactly do you find this rhetoric you get?



I don't understand your point here. Because you found one picture of a woman liking the term egalitarianism better than feminism, what exactly does that prove or mean? It just seems like an argument about semantics.



This is a circle now. You're calling the things you've been mislabeling or misinformed as feminism negative to feminism. It is not subjective that those things are not actually part of the feminism concept, that is just a fact you're either ignoring or don't believe. So, for the umpteenth time, those things you're calling negative are not actually part of feminism and that is a fact. Why do you think otherwise?



Don't be a coward. No one will ban you for your opinion alone, just breaking the rules. The worst I will do is look down or think less of you. I'd rather have a conversation.

The thing about offending people, though, is that there are consequences to it. You give the impression those don't matter. That if people are offended, "that doesn't matter, so what, screw them for being offended, I should say whatever I want and screw the consequences of offending people."

I understand you either don't get why it's offensive or don't care. More likely though it feels like its don't care and that's the problem with offensive slurs. If you don't care that it's offensive to use those words, the you're kind of being offensive just for the sake of offensiveness, not even having a point to it. At least purposefully offensive language has a point.
I found these one time when doing a search for feminism that linked into "No" means "Yes":



These were produced from doing a broad search of feminism, and the horrible concept of "No" means "Yes" came up. I shouldn't have gone further with the search, as everything I read about the assholes who believe this made my blood boil. I ran across the first pic during this time; now one can view the image and think that she means that a man can be thinking of the idea of rape without actually doing it, which is true, but until he actually commits the horrible act, he hasn't committed rape. To think otherwise, would be to believe that all men are inherently rapists, just because they're men and they're in your presence. Further going off this thought, I will not stand for that kind of thinking and be deemed a rapist just because I have the body parts that make me a male. I have never looked at an attractive woman and thought "Hmm, I'd sure like to force her into non-consensual sex just to satisfy my own desire." As a man yourself, do you feel that's okay? That's guilt by association, in this case the association being I'm a man like a potential rapist is, so therefore I'm guilty too. Perhaps she's using feminism to support her own warped views based on her own horrible experiences, but she's still representing feminism to express those views.

The second picture could possibly mean that a woman says "Yes" when she doesn't want to. If that's the case, then the person making her feel she has to do that is definitely in the wrong. But at the same time, it could mean that she is making the wild claim all hetero sex (whether she says "No" or "Yes") is rape, if the person who makes the claim feels like it. How's somebody supposed to know when it's okay to make a move, when a person feels that way? It's entirely possible that it's just a bunch of warped individuals using feminism to support their views, but the problem is that there's a bunch who are rallying behind this thinking. And they have been loud enough and noticeable enough to give the cause a bad reputation to plenty of people.

Hey, I provided you with evidence this time. I could find more if you wanted me too. The point is, there are women who have jumped behind the cause of egalitarianism because they feel feminism didn't support their views efficiently enough. Does this mean that feminism has been rendered mute? Not necessarily, but it proves that not all women rally behind the cause that is supposed to support them. Granted there may be women who do this because of traditional views, or because they are being held against their will, and are therefore not able to express themselves as individuals. The latter is really irrelevant, because it's a problem anyway, and isn't a valid reason for opposing the cause. But the former has to do with how a person is brought up.

Negative to the positives of feminism, which I acknowledge do exist. Alright, I'll admit, I don't believe it. This may help me, since you deem feminazi offensive, what do YOU call these people I'm claiming to be a part of feminism? And what is their cause called, according to YOU?

I admit I'm a people pleaser, even in this instance, where I personally don't know you, and even though our conversation has proved frustrating. Partly because I don't want to upset you, being a mod, and therefore get banned from a web community I've enjoyed, but more so because I have always hated confrontation, and probably don't have the "balls" to see them through and maybe reach a common ground. If that's an example of cowardice, then I guess I'm a coward. Makes sense, as I've always been overly friendly and non-assertive. Would make sense according to my life up till now.

If I have offended someone for a legitimate reason, then I feel true remorse. However, if it's just because I'm not with them on a certain subject, then yes, I don't care. Because I have to stay true to what I personally believe, even if somebody doesn't like it. It's hard to tell when somebody has been truly offended, especially in our current society, because EVERYONE whines and complains about every little thing that upsets them.

If I came across as offensive just for the sake of offensiveness, then I apologize, because that was never my intention. Clearly, we have run across a case where I haven't properly expressed myself, an apparent difficulty even in text form.
Batfan19 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2015, 01:05 AM #157
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon's Avatar
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
We've lost EVERY design!!
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 81,707
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
We've lost EVERY design!!
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 81,707



Batfan19 wrote: View Post

The point is, there are women who have jumped behind the cause of egalitarianism because they feel feminism didn't support their views efficiently enough. Does this mean that feminism has been rendered mute? Not necessarily, but it proves that not all women rally behind the cause that is supposed to support them.
But no one was saying otherwise. What we were saying was just that because you find women that don't believe in feminism doesn't mean feminism is bad. There are people that don't like Power Rangers, does that make it a bad show? No, it just means it doesn't jive with them, and that's fine.

You kept trying to vilify feminism based on individuals that used the term inappropriately. I guarantee you there are people using egalitarianism inappropriately as well, they're probably just not as extreme or aggressive based purely on its much smaller stand in society. I'll also add that I have entirely no idea what either of those pictures mean, which again means don't buy into an entire concept based solely on select imagery.

I don't think you're a bad guy, I'm just asking that you try to see the bigger picture in every possible case. A viewpoint's existence doesn't inherently make it the majority viewpoint, any more than a man raping a woman inherently makes all men rapists. If you don't like the latter standard, don't give the former standard that exact level of respect.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2015, 01:21 AM #158
Batfan19's Avatar
> Batfan19
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 252
Batfan19
Power Ranger
Batfan19's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 252



Primo David Frank wrote: View Post

But no one was saying otherwise. What we were saying was just that because you find women that don't believe in feminism doesn't mean feminism is bad. There are people that don't like Power Rangers, does that make it a bad show? No, it just means it doesn't jive with them, and that's fine.

You kept trying to vilify feminism based on individuals that used the term inappropriately. I guarantee you there are people using egalitarianism inappropriately as well, they're probably just not as extreme or aggressive based purely on its much smaller stand in society. I'll also add that I have entirely no idea what either of those pictures mean, which again means don't buy into an entire concept based solely on select imagery.

I don't think you're a bad guy, I'm just asking that you try to see the bigger picture in every possible case. A viewpoint's existence doesn't inherently make it the majority viewpoint, any more than a man raping a woman inherently makes all men rapists.
This is true, and a good point as well.

I should probably add that the social environment I live in has been key in shaping my view on the subject, and in turn my focus on the negatives. I was actually meaning to see if I could "dig up some dirt" on egalitarians too, in light of this conversation. I didn't just go by those pictures though; comments made about them, blogs, tumblr pages, etc. all making clear what bad concepts they were trying to illustrate through them were taken into consideration as well.

I appreciate that. If I've done anything wrong, I feel it's not expressing myself properly, which I don't always do well. I still feel that it's 50/50, and that half of the cause is people using it for their own agendas, and the other half is sticking to what it really means. Going by what I myself have personally experienced, I feel I can't stand behind it entirely, so that is why I've brought up egalitarians a few times, because they better represent how I feel about the rights of all people, male/female, black/white, etc. Like I said, I'll see what perversions of this cause there are too, just to know what some people may be doing with it negatively. But as it stands, that's how I feel presently.

It was an error of communication on my part that made this worse, and I've acknowledged that, and I issue my apology to all I may have offended.
Batfan19 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2015, 06:59 AM #159
Titanium321's Avatar
> ⚡Titanium321
Moderator
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 31,824
Titanium321
Moderator
Titanium321's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 31,824



Batfan19 wrote: View Post

The point is, there are women who have jumped behind the cause of egalitarianism because they feel feminism didn't support their views efficiently enough.
I still don't get the point. So what if some women support Egalitarianism over feminism? That doesn't mean feminism is negative or that the things you've mislabeled as feminism are actually valid.

This may help me, since you deem feminazi offensive, what do YOU call these people I'm claiming to be a part of feminism? And what is their cause called, according to YOU?
I don't deem feminazi offensive, feminism and egalitarianism and general social norms have deemed that word offensive. Also the general overuse of the word Nazi to describe things nowhere near as horrible as Nazism has kind of made that word worthless as an insult even.

Those people you're calling feminazis are either called radicals for whatever their actual cause is named or assholes. I don't know what their cause it because you're using it as a blanket term for multiple different causes that aren't feminism but get mislabeled and associated with it.

If I came across as offensive just for the sake of offensiveness, then I apologize, because that was never my intention. Clearly, we have run across a case where I haven't properly expressed myself, an apparent difficulty even in text form.
Well ultimately the problem is you want to have an intelligent conversation but go about it with ignorance or worse ignorance to your ignorance. It kind of hinders the process to be offensive even without realizing it. Not only due to the offense but because if you don't realize it or care it's happening it makes the other side of the conversation hesitant to continue and distrust you want a peaceful conversation.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2015, 03:51 PM #160
Dragonwolf Ranger's Avatar
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 21,366
Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force
Dragonwolf Ranger's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 21,366



So, does anyone watch that Princess Sofia show that some of the Disney Princesses show up on I hear?
Dragonwolf Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Post Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:16 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.