Home Menu

Menu


View Poll Results: Favorite Disney Princess
Snow White 6 6.59%
Snow White
6 6.59%
Cinderella 12 13.19%
Cinderella
12 13.19%
Aurora 7 7.69%
Aurora
7 7.69%
Ariel 24 26.37%
Ariel
24 26.37%
Belle 21 23.08%
Belle
21 23.08%
Jasmine 30 32.97%
Jasmine
30 32.97%
Pocahontas 5 5.49%
Pocahontas
5 5.49%
Mulan 23 25.27%
Mulan
23 25.27%
Tiana 13 14.29%
Tiana
13 14.29%
Rapunzel 15 16.48%
Rapunzel
15 16.48%
Merida 5 5.49%
Merida
5 5.49%
Anna 11 12.09%
Anna
11 12.09%
Elsa 19 20.88%
Elsa
19 20.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Votes: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 4th, 2019, 06:47 PM #381
Allio's Avatar
> Allio
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 8,535
Allio
Power Ranger
Allio's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 8,535



Let me know when Diseny Princess civil war begins where Elsa is trying to kill Moana (who is connected to the ocean)

Anna: ELSA, STOP!
Elsa: I don't care. She killed our parents.
Allio is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2019, 06:47 PM #382
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 81,812
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 81,812



GrumpyBookworm wrote: View Post

The movie could be the Disney Princesses go grocery shopping and it would print money just because of the fact that it's a movie with all the Princesses interacting.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2019, 06:49 PM #383
GrumpyBookworm's Avatar
> GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 944
GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger
GrumpyBookworm's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 944



I would watch a whole movie of that.
GrumpyBookworm is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 09:21 PM #384
ranger_scout's Avatar
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 10,563
ranger_scout
Power Ranger
ranger_scout's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 10,563



I thought I'd share one more video of Jodi Benson. She appeared on The Today Show where she talked about the impact Ariel has made on so many people. I love how she says that Ariel taught kids with Asperger's Syndrome and Autism how to speak since I am currently teaching those kind of kids. She believes that out of all the princesses Ariel would be best friends with Belle since they share some similarities. Plus, she and Paige O'Hara have been friends for the longest time.

ranger_scout is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2019, 02:49 PM #385
ranger_scout's Avatar
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 10,563
ranger_scout
Power Ranger
ranger_scout's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 10,563



Here's something really great that Paige O'Hara got to do as an artist. While she's been painting for Disney First Art for many years now, she got to do Ariel's portrait as part of the big anniversary that The Little Mermaid is celebrating right now.

ranger_scout is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2019, 06:39 PM #386
Otokusastu Zetto's Avatar
> Otokusastu Zetto
KouseiRed to the rescue !
 
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,785
Otokusastu Zetto
KouseiRed to the rescue !
Otokusastu Zetto's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,785



Since Disney brought Fox will Anastasia will become a Disney Princess ?
Otokusastu Zetto is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2019, 04:09 AM #387
GoldAnyRanger's Avatar
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 12,104
eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms
GoldAnyRanger's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 12,104
eBay



Otokusastu Zetto wrote: View Post

Since Disney brought Fox will Anastasia will become a Disney Princess ?
I doubt it. After all, there's Disney Princess characters who aren't official Disney Princesses, because their movies weren't successful. (Eilonwy from Black Cauldron, Kida from Atlantis.)
GoldAnyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2019, 07:18 AM #388
Ataruman's Avatar
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,697
Ataruman
Adorable and Epic
Ataruman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,697



GoldAnyRanger wrote: View Post

I doubt it. After all, there's Disney Princess characters who aren't official Disney Princesses, because their movies weren't successful. (Eilonwy from Black Cauldron, Kida from Atlantis.)
Sort of hate that mentality. Considering that, you shouldn't consider Aurora a Disney Princess either because "Sleeping Beauty" didn't make profit in it's original 1959 run. Really it should be about legacy and whatnot, and thus Kida and Eilonwy both deserve their chance if they earn it.
Ataruman is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old March 15th, 2019, 08:41 AM #389
GoldAnyRanger's Avatar
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 12,104
eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms
GoldAnyRanger's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 12,104
eBay



Ataruman wrote: View Post

Sort of hate that mentality. Considering that, you shouldn't consider Aurora a Disney Princess either because "Sleeping Beauty" didn't make profit in it's original 1959 run. Really it should be about legacy and whatnot, and thus Kida and Eilonwy both deserve their chance if they earn it.
There's also the fact that, of the official Disney Princesses, Jasmine's the only one who was not either the lead or title character. (Jasmine is obviously the female lead, but not the main protagonist, like Merida is.)

And going by Disney Princess standards, being a Princess isn't even a requirement to be a Princess. Otherwise, Mulan wouldn't be on the list. (Pocahontas technically counts, since she's the daughter of her tribe's chief. The same would apply to Moana if they make her an official Disney Princess.)
GoldAnyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2019, 09:52 AM #390
MutekiDragon's Avatar
> MutekiDragon
Kinsect Master
 
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 591
MutekiDragon
Kinsect Master
MutekiDragon's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 591



Posted about this before but it is a constant issue.

The possible requirements for being a Disney Princess are
1. Being born royal/marrying into royality/performing an act of heroism. This is why Mulan is a Disney Princess.
2. Being human or part human. This rule was made for Ariel and formerly Tinker Bell before she went to Disney Fairies.
3. Not being part of a much larger franchise. Frozen, Disney Fairies come to mind.
4. Not being introduced in a sequel movie. The three princesses in Mulan 2 come to mind.
5. Not being live action. Leia when Star Wars was bought, the one princess from Enchanted.
6. Being the main character or on the main cast of a Disney film.
There ate odd ones like Moana not being a Disney Princess but that could be due to her main outfit. Remember the line is aimed at little girls.
MutekiDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2019, 10:00 AM #391
Big1One's Avatar
> Big1One
JAKQ Ranger
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 693
Big1One
JAKQ Ranger
Big1One's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 693



MutekiDragon wrote: View Post

5. Not being live action. Leia when Star Wars was bought, the one princess from Enchanted.
The only reason the Princess Giselle from "Enchanted" is skipped is because they would have to pay Amy Adams royalties for using her likeness. Maybe Leia is skipped for that same reason.
Big1One is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2019, 10:13 AM #392
MutekiDragon's Avatar
> MutekiDragon
Kinsect Master
 
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 591
MutekiDragon
Kinsect Master
MutekiDragon's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 591



Big1One wrote: View Post

The only reason the Princess Giselle from "Enchanted" is skipped is because they would have to pay Amy Adams royalties for using her likeness. Maybe Leia is skipped for that same reason.
That's exactly the reason though the Disney wiki says both Shuri and Carol Danvers are expected to become Disney Princesses which should go against that rule.
MutekiDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2019, 10:15 AM #393
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 81,812
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 81,812



MutekiDragon wrote: View Post

There ate odd ones like Moana not being a Disney Princess but that could be due to her main outfit. Remember the line is aimed at little girls.
If Jasmine's midriff is heralded, Moana's tubetop is not a problem.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2019, 10:42 AM #394
Big1One's Avatar
> Big1One
JAKQ Ranger
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 693
Big1One
JAKQ Ranger
Big1One's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 693



MutekiDragon wrote: View Post

That's exactly the reason though the Disney wiki says both Shuri and Carol Danvers are expected to become Disney Princesses which should go against that rule.
Where does it say that on the wiki? Also, don't forget, anyone can write anything on the wikis.
Big1One is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2019, 11:46 AM #395
Otokusastu Zetto's Avatar
> Otokusastu Zetto
KouseiRed to the rescue !
 
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,785
Otokusastu Zetto
KouseiRed to the rescue !
Otokusastu Zetto's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,785



MutekiDragon wrote: View Post

That's exactly the reason though the Disney wiki says both Shuri and Carol Danvers are expected to become Disney Princesses which should go against that rule.
Would Ripley qualified too since Alien is now part of Disney ?
Otokusastu Zetto is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2019, 02:50 PM #396
MutekiDragon's Avatar
> MutekiDragon
Kinsect Master
 
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 591
MutekiDragon
Kinsect Master
MutekiDragon's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 591



Big1One wrote: View Post

Where does it say that on the wiki? Also, don't forget, anyone can write anything on the wikis.
Seems to have been removed from the page. Wishful thinking may have gotten the better of someone.
MutekiDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2019, 04:18 PM #397
Big1One's Avatar
> Big1One
JAKQ Ranger
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 693
Big1One
JAKQ Ranger
Big1One's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 693



MutekiDragon wrote: View Post

Seems to have been removed from the page. Wishful thinking may have gotten the better of someone.
Yeah... seems to be.
Big1One is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2019, 03:00 PM #398
Allio's Avatar
> Allio
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 8,535
Allio
Power Ranger
Allio's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 8,535



I think I may name RapunZalgo best girl


Allio is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2019, 11:30 AM #399
ranger_scout's Avatar
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 10,563
ranger_scout
Power Ranger
ranger_scout's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 10,563



Ming-Na Wen (Mualn) will named a Disney Legend this year for her outstanding contributions to the Disney company. She joins her other fellow princess voice actresses Jodi Benson, Paige O"Hara, Linda Larkin, Anika Noni Rose, Mary Costa and Lea Salonga along with the late Adriana Caselotti and Ilene Woods, who have all received this honor. Here she is talking about it.

https://www.facebook.com/DisneyD23/v...type=2&theater

Meet the 2019 Disney Legends with Special Guest Ming-Na Wen! | Know Before You Expo

Last edited by ranger_scout; May 16th, 2019 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Adding another link just in case.
ranger_scout is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2019, 06:33 PM #400
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 17,899
AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 17,899



MutekiDragon wrote: View Post


There ate odd ones like Moana not being a Disney Princess but that could be due to her main outfit. Remember the line is aimed at little girls.
https://princess.disney.com/moana

Moana is a Disney Princess. She was added to the lineup this year. They always wait to milk a new character for all they're worth from their main franchise until they can't milk anymore.

Most likely Anna and Elsa will be added once they're done milking Frozen. With Frozen 2 coming out, that likely won't be for a few more years though.

Likewise, Vanellope will likely be added once Wreck it Ralph is over.

---

And as others said, Giselle from Enchanted WAS going to be a Disney Princess. Disney outright told us they had planned for it when they made Enchanted. But then the lawyers told them that they would have to pay royalties to Amy Adams for using her likeness for every toy they sold or anything they used it in, and they opted not to do it.

It's likely why we'll never see any live action princess in the Disney Princess lineup, be it Leia, Carol, etc.

We might end up seeing Kida get another shot at it though, if they end up making an Atlantis Live Action, like people keep pushing for Disney to do. If they did do that, and it did well, they wouldn't use the live action version of Kida, but they would likely just use the original Kida.
AkaUnlovedFyntabulous is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Post Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:21 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.